Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alvaro Arbeloa (Liverpool to Real Madrid)

Read 21078 times
      HarryFloyd
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      Re: Alvaro Arbeloa (Liverpool to R.Madrid)
      Reply #92: Aug 01, 2009 07:25:41 am
      Read He wanted a £50,000.00/week and Liverpool FC was not willing to meet that demand. Liked him. But we have enough cover in Carragher, Johnson and the young lad.

Mate, do you have any sources for this? I am just curious to know if this is indeed true, then it adds a whole new dimension to the Arbeloa affair...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #93: Aug 02, 2009 07:36:14 am
      Have fun on the Madrid bench Arby.

See you later for another 4-0 thrashing. ;)
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #94: Aug 02, 2009 07:43:07 am
      I think that he might be in the staring eleven week in week out.

With Cannavaro gone, Ramos might move to the centre of defence and it will enable them to fit Arby in as well.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #95: Aug 02, 2009 07:48:12 am
      I think that he might be in the staring eleven week in week out.

With Cannavaro gone, Ramos might move to the centre of defence and it will enable them to fit Arby in as well.

They have bought Albiol to replace Cannavaro.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #96: Aug 02, 2009 08:02:57 am

Forgot about him, apologies mate..

But as I think that Pepe sucks as a defender, there might be a chance of Ramos-Albiol partnership in the centre, no? Or maybe Ramos-Garay partnership.

Either way I think Arbeloa would not get as many chances at both clubs.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #97: Aug 02, 2009 12:45:12 pm
      Ramos will no way be moved. He offers nothing in defence but scampers down the right and creates alot in attack for them. To move him centrally would only serve their competition good, not themselves. Ramos cannot defend but he can get his boots white down the right and whip crosses/through balls in.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #98: Aug 07, 2009 12:16:19 pm
      Don't think we will miss him much, too much backtracking, ball watching, side passes, slow on the move and always that one yard off the opposition player. Glen is definitely the better alternative. Goodbye and all the best.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #99: Aug 07, 2009 01:40:00 pm
      No letter to the fans yet??? hmmmm

credentials credentials credentials
      JayP
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • It's Rush!
      Reply #100: Aug 07, 2009 02:48:54 pm

Also got Ezequiel Garay, bought him last year and loaned him back to Santander. Taken him back now.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #101: Aug 07, 2009 04:07:30 pm
      I would ave thought 50,000 per week would be pretty low, does anyone think any other Liverpool players would be on less? How much do you think Johnson would be on?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #102: Dec 06, 2009 10:18:24 am
      Watched Real Madrid vs Almeria highlights and I noticed Arby doesn't jump on players anymore when a goal is scored.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #103: Dec 07, 2009 08:22:54 am
      Watched Real Madrid vs Almeria highlights and I noticed Arby doesn't jump on players anymore when a goal is scored.

Because he has nothing to be happy about. If they win anything, he wouldn't of earned it by sitting on the bench.

Oh the irony. 'I want to leave...let me leave...i want to go to Madrid and play'

'This bench hurts my bottom.'
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #104: Dec 07, 2009 03:56:50 pm
      Because he has nothing to be happy about. If they win anything, he wouldn't of earned it by sitting on the bench.

Oh the irony. 'I want to leave...let me leave...i want to go to Madrid and play'

Last few weeks he's been playing left-back, hasn't he?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #105: Dec 08, 2009 07:15:41 am

When it comes to Real Madrid, the only way to play 90+ is to average 20-25 goals a season, be the best defender in the world, or NEVER succeed a Goal while in Net.   Otherwise, enjoy sitting on those Recaro Car seats and pick the dirt from your toenails.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #106: Dec 08, 2009 10:27:25 am
      Last few weeks he's been playing left-back, hasn't he?

Yep. I think he'll be shifted back to the bench now with Ronaldo back to fitness and Marcelo dropping back to left back.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #107: Dec 08, 2009 11:01:56 am
      I still would welcome him back with open arms.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #108: Jun 14, 2011 11:33:38 am
      Alvaro Arbeloa has thanked Kenny Dalglish - for making him love watching Liverpool again.

The Spanish defender left Anfield for Real Madrid in 2009, and while his affection for the club never withered, he admits there were times when being a supporter became 'difficult'.

"Always when I can, I try to watch Liverpool," Arbeloa told SI.com.

"This past season at the beginning it was a little bit difficult and when they have changed the manager, I think they have improved a lot and finished better.

"So I am supporting them and when I was there I was really, really happy and the supporters were good to me.

"I think the style under Roy Hodgson, they played maybe too many long balls.

"I think Liverpool is the type of team that has to play more football. Technically they have some really good players and they need to play more football. I think with Kenny Dalglish, who was one of the best players in the history of Liverpool, they look more confident and they improved a lot."

One man partially responsible for making fans purr during the second half of the season was January signing Luis Suarez.

"I think Suarez is a very good player, he was doing really good from the first day," added Arbeloa. "It was a little bit of a surprise because it's not easy to come to England to play that well from the first day and he did."

Another player our former full-back has been keeping a close eye on is Lucas Leiva. The two are good mates.

"Yes I keep in touch with some of them, especially with Lucas Leiva, he's a really good friend," said Arbeloa. "I think he had a good season and I think he's growing a lot at Liverpool."

The idea that Lucas has grown in stature over recent seasons has been echoed by Xabi Alonso, whose departure for Anfield, also in 2009, meant the Brazilian would be in the starting XI week in, week out.

"I think that Lucas, for example, has improved quite a lot the last few years, he has won a lot of importance in the team and has become quite mature," said Alonso.

"But let's not think about a new Alonso. Try to think of a new pattern, a new pattern of play, a new idea of how to play and that comes from Kenny Dalglish, as well as Steve Clarke, who's done a great job.

"That's going to be important to create a style, and that's what they're going to try to work on. And now, when they sign new players, try to gel them as well as possible."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/arbeloa-grateful-to-kenny

Quick Reply