Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

European Cup Quarter Final: Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven

Read 29643 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: European Cup Quarter Final: Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven
      Reply #92: Apr 09, 2007 01:11:44 pm
      God has not got long at the club which is deep down in his heart so i think we should should him some respect and let him play. I know a lot of people think the tie is already over but they have 90 minutes to get 3 goals back, remember Istanbul where we had only 45 minutes to get 3 goals back? We must show PSV some respect and not underestimate them at any costs

In Rafa We Trust

YNWA
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #93: Apr 09, 2007 02:32:16 pm
      I have never been on a hospitality ticket to Anfield but the mate I`m going with has, the ticket normally includes a ticket, programme, transport from city center to ground a pre match meal and drinks before and after match in one of the reds bar. Expensive I know. >:( but we look at it this way the last tickets we could get were in January so if you save the money that we could of spent on tickets and travelling to the match 400mile round journey we can justify it ourselves. but maybe not to the Wife!
       ;D

sounds like fun. hope you enjoy it ;D

[/quote]
      God has not got long at the club which is deep down in his heart so I think we should should him some respect and let him play. I know a lot of people think the tie is already over but they have 90 minutes to get 3 goals back, remember Istanbul where we had only 45 minutes to get 3 goals back? We must show PSV some respect and not underestimate them at any costs

In Rafa We Trust

YNWA

you've got a point. anything could happen and we can't let our egos build up. YNWA
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #94: Apr 09, 2007 02:48:49 pm
      I agree with all this about Robbie.

I think the guy deserves a run out in the quarter final.  He would relish aiming to help us reach the semi's.

Eniac
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #95: Apr 09, 2007 10:35:16 pm
      Personally I can't see anything but a Liverpool win,
      It's not reasonable to assume anything else of course, but I have seen the craziest results and made it a habit never to celebrate until the final whistle of the second leg blows.

This is a match for Liverpool to really make a statement in Europe and to show why we are the favourites for the Cup.
      On the one hand I'd love to see us rout PSV 6-0 or better, but on the other I prefer to be the underdog, because being the favourite adds too much needless pressure to the team.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #96: Apr 10, 2007 12:22:24 am
      On the one hand I'd love to see us rout PSV 6-0 or better, but on the other I prefer to be the underdog, because being the favourite adds too much needless pressure to the team.

well said eniac. too many times egos have been built up and then destroyed in the last half of a match. look at '05. milan thought they had it in the bag and went in to celebrate at half time. then we were the next champions of europe. PSV is a very good team, when they're all there. they could very easily beat us and move onto the semis. you never know. we need to stay sharp and play like we always do on wednesday. and if we do that, that we've got nothing to worry about.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #97: Apr 10, 2007 12:53:17 am
      we need to stay sharp and play like we always do on wednesday. and if we do that, that we've got nothing to worry about.

Spot on batman!

All we need to do is go out, be professional and make sure we concentrate. If any player gets complacent, then he'll need stringing up! It's a quarter final at Anfield!!!! We're not in the semi's until that whistle blows.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #98: Apr 10, 2007 12:55:27 am

Sorry but that is absolute bollocks! If your a proffesional, a top proffesional then pressure should not exist! What about when we were facing Milan in a pen shoot out? Thats the most pressure you can get and you saw our players handle it perfectly.

Players like Alonso, Gerrard, Mascherano, Carragher should not be efficted by pressure they are too much of strong charachters to be effected by it... if any of our players can't handle the pressure then i say list them up in the summer market because there not good enough to be here!
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #99: Apr 10, 2007 10:09:21 am
      Going to be an interesting game tomorrow, think Raffa will rest quite a few of his first team choices and tell them to sit back and don't give them any space [at the back] to move the ball around in.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #100: Apr 11, 2007 05:19:56 pm

Going to be an interesting game tomorrow, think Raffa will rest quite a few of his first team choices and tell them to sit back and don't give them any space [at the back] to move the ball around in.

Unsure of this. Will he rest more than a couple, if even that? Rafa is taking this game serious, that sounds silly, ofcourse he is, he would even if we had a bigger lead too, but theres small chances for PSV to score more than 3 on us at Anfield, isnt it? And we still got that 3rd in the league to fight for.. So resting some players, yeh.. But this is still an important match, have to go out there and do our best. Blah.. Im just babbling, I dont know what I mean, sorry guys :P  Guess I just have to wait for the team composition, closer to the game.
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #101: Apr 11, 2007 05:27:50 pm
      SHOULD BE AN EASY ONE TONIGHT,PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE
      WHY DO I ALWAYWS GET REALLY NERVOUS AND DEPRESSED LIKE WE HAVE ALREADY PLAYED AND LOST BEFORE A GAME, HAVE FAITH AJ!!!!! CALM DOWN!!!!!!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #102: Apr 11, 2007 05:44:02 pm
      OMGGGGG I'm so excited!!

I'm having dinner soon then will be off to the pub, so speak to you guys later/tomorrow!!

CMON THE REDS ;D
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #103: Apr 11, 2007 05:49:24 pm
      snap nicola, ill be off to the pub myself.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #104: Apr 11, 2007 05:56:30 pm

Enjoy Nicola!! Hope I'll be able to too!! COME ON LIVERPOOL!!!!!

(hmmm... maybe a can tuborg will help..?)  :food-smiley-004:

And good luck with the nerves, AJ.. I'll think of you when it feels like I cant take it! if you can, I can ;)

(Uh.. I cant stop gabbing, can I?? Sorry!!) :)
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #105: Apr 11, 2007 06:06:01 pm
      haha, Watt,glad Im not the only one. Yeah mate, think of me, Ill be biting my nails, covering my eyes and all the usual. then say, I knew they would do it all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #106: Apr 11, 2007 06:07:29 pm

be biting my nails, covering my eyes and all the usual. then say, I knew they would do it all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Spot on!!!  ;D ;D
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #107: Apr 11, 2007 06:29:17 pm
      Got a dead sore throat though so wont be able to shout them on, some one do it for me, cheers
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #108: Apr 11, 2007 07:12:35 pm

CONFIRMED TEAM TO FACE PSV:
      Reina, Arbeloa, Agger, Hyypia, Riise, Zenden, Alonso, Sissoko, Pennant, Crouch, Bellamy.
      Subs:Dudek, Gerrard, Fowler, Gonzalez, Mascherano, Carragher, Paletta.
      (liverpoolfc.tv)

Hope to see Fowler on!

2-0 Crouch and Fowler :)
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #109: Apr 11, 2007 07:15:09 pm
      nice to see i`m not the only one who`s been nervous all day altough it should be a clear win...
      until yesterday i thought it would be impossible to score 4 goals against us...but the mancs scored 7 against rome, so anything can happen.
      but i still have a positive feeling, so COME ON REDS!!!! I wanna see you eliminate chelsea again!!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #110: Apr 11, 2007 07:15:10 pm

"2-0 Crouch and Fowler"

nah.. when I see that ^  I know we can do better.
      Lets score some goals and show the mancs theyre not the only ones who can!

:food-smiley-004:
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2007 07:16:21 pm by Watt »
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #111: Apr 11, 2007 07:19:26 pm
      God, yes definately. Show the mancs good and proper, haha
      Eniac
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #112: Apr 11, 2007 07:45:52 pm
      Confirmed team:

Reina

Riise, Agger, Hyypiä, Arbeloa

Zenden, Alonso, Sissoko, Pennant

Crouch, Bellamy

Subs:
      Dudek, Paletta, Carragher, Mascherano, Gerrard, González, Fowler
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #113: Apr 11, 2007 08:39:48 pm
      Well not the greatest half of football i've ever seen but then again it doesn't have to be!! I must say the atmosphere has been awesome and the kop is buzzing!! Best atmosphere I've seen for a while.

Pennant has been the stand out player so far but once again Zenden has been poor and just does not cut it at this level!! I seriously doubt he will be here next season. Also has Momo got studs on his boots. He always look like he is going to fall :D :afro: (love this new smilie!!)
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #114: Apr 11, 2007 08:53:22 pm

The Kop is awesome! Watching the game on tv, can hear them all the way in to my livingroom! Great!!

Rafa Benitez, Rafa Benitez...

Quick Reply