Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Xabi Alonso to Barca?

Read 3169 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Xabi Alonso to Barca?
      Mar 20, 2007 02:27:05 pm
      Personally i would hate to see this happen but is it likely that one of our central midfielders will be leaving in the summer because we have a few too many. Lets be honest Xabi is not the kind of player who is a 2nd choice player so is there a bigger chance that Alonso will be leaving in the summer instead of Zenden? I hope not.

Zenden knows he does not have the quality to be a regualr so maybe he will settle to be on the bench but Alonso is at his peak and he has enough quality to start in any team so will he settle for the bench? Alonso starts a lot of games don't get me wrong but i have a feeling he will be a sub from now on and these rumours about him wanting a move to Barca is killing me.

Or is this just one of those rotation systems?

Whatever happens, In Rafa We Trust
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: Xabi Alonso to Barca?
      Reply #1: Mar 20, 2007 02:36:30 pm
      Your last line says it all Rafa, we just have to have complete trust in the boss.
      Alonso for me has not had a good season but going on earlier ones we all know what he is capable of and i for one would only be happy about him leaving if someone better takes his place.
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #2: Mar 20, 2007 03:03:51 pm
      I read this kind of new in the morning, because Ronaldinho is very near to land to AC Milan transfer next summer. I think and hope that Mascherano could get more intelligent to LFC midfield. I like that player but I hope Xabi will stay for a long time.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #3: Mar 20, 2007 03:14:01 pm
      Thats maybe somethink we have missed over the past few seasons, intelligence in midfield (by no means am i saying Alonso & Gerrard are not intelligent)

We do have an intelligent midfield but its more ran by power and pace than intelligence. Barca have Xavi & Deco and now we have Mascherano who is similar to Xavi so that will help the back four a lot and maybe give Stevie G more freedom
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #4: Mar 20, 2007 03:22:26 pm
      I agree
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5: Mar 20, 2007 03:26:13 pm
      Alonso...hot and cold...going to Barca.....15mill....Zend en has to go also....Mascherano, Sissoko, Gerrard....and one new attacking Midfielder and thats a good Centre mid contingent....thankls Alonso but your recent comments are not becoming of a player with LFC at your core....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Mar 20, 2007 03:45:13 pm
      Can anyone quote what Alonso has actually said?
      I've only heard that he was talking about his mind was only on Liverpool at the moment.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #7: Mar 20, 2007 03:49:15 pm
      It wasn't  anything blatent....he said he washappy here and concentrating on this season with Liverpool....then he said how Barca hold a place in his heart and the future is unknown or words to that effect....don't  get me wrong...he's a Spanish lad who as a kid idolised Barca players....totally normal....all I'm saying is we have the chance now to assemble a group of players who are committed and devoted to the LFC future.....
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #8: Mar 20, 2007 03:54:41 pm
      If Xabi is to go then we need to make sure Masch is ours for years to come. I'm still confussed about this Masch/MSI thing, is he ours? How long is he here for? Have we paid for him? Or is it a loan?

Some people say he is loaned from West Ham for 18 months.
      Some say he is loaned from MSI for 18 months and if we want him we have to cough up £17m
      Some say we have already paid MSI £10m for him and he is all ours.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #9: Mar 20, 2007 03:59:26 pm
      some people  don't  know sh1t is the answer Ra Ra Rafa!
      I don't think Moores and Parry would have paid 10 mill to RENT someone?! All I know is we've got him, Rafa likes him and clearly sees him as a player more for next season....now all he's got to do is pick up the phone and sell the city of Liverpool to his little friend carlos (Tevez) and we are in business
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #10: Mar 20, 2007 04:04:15 pm
      i always thought xabi was really happy playing for Liverpool, all this interviews from him how he`s settled in in Liverpool, how he loves the city and it`s people, especially the LFC fans of course,....
      I personally would hate to see him go,even if he`s had a bad season, he`s still the Pass Master ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #11: Mar 20, 2007 04:06:16 pm
      Carlos Tevez & Javier Mascherano at Anfield.. dream come true ;)

If West Ham get relegated we should be the first to pick up that phone and because Javier is already here along with Insua, Paletta and other Spanish speakers i would not be surprised to see Carlos wanting a move here. He would be cheap as well ;D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #12: Mar 20, 2007 04:13:03 pm
      Ahhh Ra Ra Rafa...the bandwagon keeps on moving forward as people see the genius of Tevez and Rafa!....we need him and Rafa is working towards it....Also no one is pissed at Alonso...he is fantastic but it looks as if the planets are aligning for him to leave in the Summer....he has been great and sad to see him go but beleive it will help us as Gerrard and JM will be a better balanced midfield partnership
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Mar 20, 2007 04:16:33 pm
      It wasn't  anything blatent....he said he washappy here and concentrating on this season with Liverpool....then he said how Barca hold a place in his heart and the future is unknown or words to that effect....don't  get me wrong...he's a Spanish lad who as a kid idolised Barca players....totally normal....all I'm saying is we have the chance now to assemble a group of players who are committed and devoted to the LFC future.....

Thanks mate. I hadn't actually heard what Alonso had said. Just words from other people.

The way I look at it, is if he wants to go, then he can go. I don't want any player who wants to be elsewhere. I like Alonso and I don't want him to leave even though this season he hasn't been himself. But we do have a player in Mascherano who has similar qualities and I'm sure if Alonso was to leave, Rafa would replace him with someone as good, if not better.
      It's always best not to worry about these little things until something concrete has come out.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #14: Mar 20, 2007 04:24:52 pm
      We could play Barca formation with Mascherano holding and Gerrard & Kaka attacking? Don't we all dream ;)

Nah really i would not like to see Xabi leave after all the great memories he gave us, pen in Istanbul, goals in his own half against Luton & Newcastle, some cracking passing and assists and he has a good attitude to the game.
      The only problem with him is his consistency
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #15: Mar 20, 2007 04:27:00 pm
      Nah really I would not like to see Xabi leave after all the great memories he gave us, pen in Istanbul, goals in his own half against Luton & Newcastle, some cracking passing and assists and he has a good attitude to the game.
      The only problem with him is his consistency

Totally Correct
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Mar 20, 2007 07:28:28 pm
      I really hope we don't sell Alonso.. Get rid of Zenden I say! He's just never impressed me, wheras even if Stevie G is out Alonso does the job!! He rules.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #17: Mar 20, 2007 09:16:06 pm
      I hate to say it but I think that there may not be enough room for Xabi in the midfield IF he doesnt completely want to commit to LFC.  I know he loves liverpool and I love the guy he is solid and incredible but if his mind is elsewhere then so it is, you can't change that.  But if this was a perfect world kewell would be well and playing regularly and zenden would be elsewhere. Sissoko is amazing, Mash is developing and of course gerrard and our ten thousand wingers makes one hell of a midfield.  We appreciate all he has done but he wont end his carreer here...
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #18: Mar 20, 2007 10:15:02 pm
      barca this ruined, does not have money to buy to alonso
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #19: Mar 20, 2007 10:31:05 pm
      barca this ruined, does not have money to buy to alonso

;D! I wished it was Manchester United you meant there, tho.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #20: Mar 21, 2007 11:11:44 pm
      Not heard anymore news on Olano, think he will stay this summer

Quick Reply