Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Explorer fix for XP

Read 1126 times
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Explorer fix for XP
      Jul 29, 2009 04:04:53 pm
      I've had a problem thats been occuring for a few months now ... explorer keeps crashing when im searching, now I got suspicious because its happening on all my computers. I have good A.V. software, so it's NOT a virus.

After looking through Google a lot of other people are having this problem in XP. It turns out it's Microsoft's fault or I could call them Shitosoft. Anyway here is the fix that stops all the crashing:

-Go to start button
      -Go to run
      -Type in "regsrv32 /u shimgvw.dll"
      -Also type in "regsrv32 /u shmedia.dll"

This stops all of the problems created by the mighty Microsoft, what it does is just unregister the problomatic DLLs.

Sweet. Apparently it only occurs in XP though, and it comes from Microsoft's updates, which are sometimes flawed with bugs.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 04:09:46 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Not here to correct your posts. Start improving. »
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Re: Explorer fix for XP
      Reply #1: Sep 15, 2009 01:45:05 am
      ive just used this again, on another pc fab....    there was a small problem in the text though     it should have read regsvr    instead of regsrv    DOH!

Quick Reply