Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Emiliano Insua (Genoa)

Read 5798 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Emiliano Insua (Genoa)
      Reply #23: Aug 10, 2010 02:42:18 pm
      This kid is dreadful. He's the laughing stock of the Premier League so getting £5m for him is an unbelievable bit of business.

Woy knows his stuff.

A true red you are my lad.

First post on this forum and you waste it slagging of one of our youth products.

Well played sir a true red indeed.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #24: Aug 10, 2010 04:48:31 pm
      Its amazing how many players that want to leave a club, for footballing reasons, have deals fall through for financial reasons. hmm

Insua never wanted to leave, it is the club that wants him out.
      Cassidy05
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 11, 2010 03:43:21 pm
      I think the club wants him out, due to the fact he's eating the canteen out too much

ahh maybe that was a bit harsh, but would love him to stay
      There was a good article of EOTK about how statistically he wasnt even that bad last season
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #26: Aug 11, 2010 09:13:21 pm
      I remember someone saying he was over exposed last season and I completely agree. He's only young, and I think he could develop into a great left back if given the time to improve.

I'll have to agree here. At times he was over-exposed in a team full of pretty average performers (if we're honest) and he was over-used (had to be, sadly) when woefully out of form which couldn't have been too good for his already failing confidence. At times therefore he was a liability.

However i'll admit to thinking we'd unearthed a 'proper' footballer and a future star when i first saw him. I wouldn't be too sad if he got to stay and i'd be glad to give him more time in the Red shirt.

As a post script: i'd like to say that i believe (as i've stated elsewhere) the decision to sell both Insua and Lucas was down to Purslow who thought he'd picked two easy targets to cash in on. Two players who, he thought, fans wouldn't miss; given the slating they came in for. Hopefully Roy has stopped that sh*t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #27: Aug 11, 2010 11:31:51 pm
      As a post script: i'd like to say that i believe (as i've stated elsewhere) the decision to sell both Insua and Lucas was down to Purslow who thought he'd picked two easy targets to cash in on. Two players who, he thought, fans wouldn't miss; given the slating they came in for. Hopefully Roy has stopped that sh*t.

One hell of a good point there mate!

Also in the other part of your post you made an excellent point about Insua being over-exposed was right with Aurelio suffering an injury-plagued season there was never any cover even if we had wanted to take him out of the firing line and there never seemed to be anyone to back him on the left-hand side as he was never going to get Riera or Babel tracking back.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Aug 11, 2010 11:37:54 pm
      The only time I was really impressed with Insua was when himself and Aurelio played on the left and when Kyrgiakos was beside him. Thrived for awhile alongside experience til a bad run destroyed his confidence

Quick Reply