Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Bob Woolmer - The Cricket murder

Read 5598 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Bob Woolmer - The Cricket murder
      Mar 22, 2007 11:54:35 pm
      Unbelievable.  Just been confirmed that the Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer was strangled.  Can't believe this has happened.  :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6482981.stm

Police in Jamaica have launched a murder investigation into the death of Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer.
      Following the results of a post mortem examination, police said Mr Woolmer had died of asphyxia as a result of manual strangulation.

The chief police commissioner appealed for anyone with information to come forward.

Woolmer, 58, was found in his hotel room on Sunday, the day after his team lost to Ireland in the World Cup.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Bob Woolmer - The Cricket murder
      Reply #1: Mar 23, 2007 12:23:31 am
      Absolutely shocking!!!!! :o I heard on bbc five live the other day there was rumours of a match fixing conspiracy that might be in connection. But that was just rumours. I really hope that isn't the case.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #2: Mar 23, 2007 12:38:54 am
      I watched the highlights of Ireland beating Pakistan after Match Of The Day last week so was totally shocked at Bob Woolmers' death. It did seem really ironic he should lose his life so soon after that defeat but no one wanted to believe it could have been anything but natural causes. It is absolutely shocking that someone could do this and in the name of what? What is the world coming to?
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2007 12:42:50 am by RED1028 »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #3: Mar 23, 2007 08:29:43 am
      Absolutely shocking!!!!! :o I heard on bbc five live the other day there was rumours of a match fixing conspiracy that might be in connection. But that was just rumours. I really hope that isn't the case.

He was writing a book which was to include details of huge match fixing details, unfortunately a large majority of this book dissapeared and suddenly he was murdered.
      This is a crying shame for a bloke who dedicated his life to the sport he loved.
      RIP Bob, you were a Gentleman and a role model for your sport.

This has hit hard in the world of cricket, in what is proving to be one of the best World Cups going.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #4: Mar 23, 2007 09:01:04 am
      Just add my sentiments.  I enjoy cricket and although I wouldn't claim to be an expert on Bob Woolmer he always seemed one of those nice guys, I can't believe he would be involved in something like this.  Strangulation seems such a 'heat of the moment' murder.  Hope they catch those responsible. 
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #5: Mar 23, 2007 11:25:08 am
      Bob was a gentleman, I cant believe whats happened. My thoughts go out to his and family, I hope they catch who evers responsible.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2007 07:55:09 pm
      Not going to pretend i know anything about Bob Woolmer, because i don't. But from what i ahve read he sounded like a nice feller and for anyone to get murdered in a world cup over match fixing is disguisting, hope they catch the bas**rds who did this.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 23, 2007 08:13:48 pm
      this is insane. i have no idea who this man is, let alone the rules of cricket, but this is wrong. what sort of sick person would do that?!?!?!?!?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #8: Jun 12, 2007 10:39:33 pm
      So after three months of looking for a murderer, erm....he actually wasn't.

Cover up?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2007 09:23:26 am
      I smell a rat!
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 13, 2007 09:26:23 am
      Wow...
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #11: Jun 13, 2007 06:44:37 pm
      I saw on Sky Sports News tonight that Imziman Ul Haq (or however you spell it) and another chap have been kept for further questioning while the rest have been allowed to go. Murdered by his own players? Surely not.

Where's Grissam and co ? when you want them (CSI - in case your wondering) !!   ;) ;D ;D
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12: Jun 13, 2007 07:25:54 pm
      how can it take 3 months the realise that he was not strangled, some kind of cover up
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #13: Jun 13, 2007 09:48:20 pm
      the cops have been smoking too many jamaican woodbines, an absolute mockery of the world cup.  Can't imagine how the family have taken all of this.
      bruno7
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #14: Jun 14, 2007 04:01:35 pm
      how can it take 3 months the realise that he was not strangled, some kind of cover up

Exactly, somthings not right

Quick Reply