Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

England learn never to play baldy blue-noses

Read 3929 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      England learn never to play baldy blue-noses
      Mar 24, 2007 09:09:08 pm
      Yawn yawn. Didn't watch the whole game. 

Another amazing result for England eh.  0-0 against the might of Israel.

Andy Johnson up front? Steve McLaren deserves the sack just for that.

Put your hands up if you give a toss about the national side?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: England learn never to play baldy blue-noses
      Reply #1: Mar 24, 2007 09:42:20 pm
      Glad i went to Wembley rather than Isreal ;)

England senior is a disgrace, i don't support them but i support the u-21 because they play with heart. Shame Scotty Carson didn't play though
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Mar 24, 2007 11:36:51 pm
      Yawn yawn. Didn't watch the whole game. 

Another amazing result for England eh.  0-0 against the might of Israel.

Andy Johnson up front? Steve McLaren deserves the sack just for that.

Put your hands up if you give a toss about the national side?

I (as of today) am fed up with our National side.
      Bring back Becks? Too right.
      Give Maclaren the sack? Absolutely.
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2007 11:41:25 pm by Court_LFC »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #3: Mar 25, 2007 12:06:10 am
      Well, the FA went for a yes man, and they got what they should've expected TBH.

We need a manager who's willing to make controversial decisions for the good of the team (i.e drop fat frank). Would we have won the world cup if Ramsey wasn't brave enough to drop the legendary Jimmy Greaves & put in a man who was bearly heard of but is now world famous, Geoff Hurst?

Problem is the man who's brave enough to upset egos & say what's wrong with the team is also the man who will say what's wrong with the FA. A bunch of incompetent fools, who get overpaid for the privilige, they don't want someone coming in & saying 'Hang on, why did it take so long to build Wembley?' or 'Can someone please tell me why we're still paying Sven?'. They're happy to pick someone who's just glad to have the job considering the job he's done at club level, and won't make any waves for fear of losing it. I was only young when we failed to qualify for USA '94, so it didn't hit me too bad, but if we fail to qualify for these Euro's I'll be gutted. This is a serious possibility if we don't get rid of McClaren. The guy's a joke, how many times has he come out with the same mantra: 'No more excuses'? It's getting a bit pathetic now, I can imagine the scene at the England camp:

McClaren: 'Right then lads, no more excuses, we've gotta win this one'

Gerrard: 'But didn't you say that for the last game gaffer?'

Rooney: 'And the one before'

McClaren: 'Er, Yes. But I really mean it this time. No honestly, I do. I'm putting my foot down, no more excuses. Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Rooney, you played in FA Cup replays this week didn't you?'

Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard & Rooney: 'Yes Gaffer'

McClaren (writes down on pad): 'Note to self, in case of failure, blame cup replays'
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Mar 25, 2007 12:39:53 am
      Well, the FA went for a yes man, and they got what they should've expected TBH.

We need a manager who's willing to make controversial decisions for the good of the team (i.e drop fat frank). Would we have won the world cup if Ramsey wasn't brave enough to drop the legendary Jimmy Greaves & put in a man who was bearly heard of but is now world famous, Geoff Hurst?

Problem is the man who's brave enough to upset egos & say what's wrong with the team is also the man who will say what's wrong with the FA. A bunch of incompetent fools, who get overpaid for the privilige, they don't want someone coming in & saying 'Hang on, why did it take so long to build Wembley?' or 'Can someone please tell me why we're still paying Sven?'. They're happy to pick someone who's just glad to have the job considering the job he's done at club level, and won't make any waves for fear of losing it. I was only young when we failed to qualify for USA '94, so it didn't hit me too bad, but if we fail to qualify for these Euro's I'll be gutted. This is a serious possibility if we don't get rid of McClaren. The guy's a joke, how many times has he come out with the same mantra: 'No more excuses'? It's getting a bit pathetic now, I can imagine the scene at the England camp:

McClaren: 'Right then lads, no more excuses, we've gotta win this one'

Gerrard: 'But didn't you say that for the last game gaffer?'

Rooney: 'And the one before'

McClaren: 'Er, Yes. But I really mean it this time. No honestly, I do. I'm putting my foot down, no more excuses. Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Rooney, you played in FA Cup replays this week didn't you?'

Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard & Rooney: 'Yes Gaffer'

McClaren (writes down on pad): 'Note to self, in case of failure, blame cup replays'

Completely agree with you there mate. If we don't qualifiy I will be gutted.
      By the way, nice training ground act. :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #5: Mar 25, 2007 08:16:00 am
      I actually believe that script does take place.

Ah well - shame really - I am only ever interested (slightly) in the actual tournaments but at least if we don't get there none of our players can get crocked before the start of the season.  Well, the English ones anyway.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #6: Mar 28, 2007 06:13:34 pm
      The FA are a bunch of faceless men who have probaby never played the game in thier life, i will be absouloutly gutted if we dont qualify for euro 2008 because we have a real chance of winning this tourni, but we have to get rid of mcClaren. What the F**k is on his CV anyway, Runner up in League Cup, Yes Man. f***in get rid off this tosser.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Mar 28, 2007 06:28:28 pm
      One of the main reasons I don't care what England get up to is the FA themselves, men barely alive and kept in a crypt until wheeled out to pick a new England manager. After Sven they had the chance to leave behind his negative tactics and bury for good the indecision about who plays where, a chance to start a new era with a dynamic decisive manager a man so far removed from Sven that England would become world beaters.
      But Dumb and Dumber said sod that and picked.

Let Stevie G show the world tonight that Fat Frank is not worthy of lacing his boots, but most of all lets have our players back uninjured.
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2007 06:29:17 pm by Glenbuck »
      Cy
      Reply #8: Mar 28, 2007 06:48:23 pm
      I will never understand the FA in this country. Choosing mac laren was the biggest mistake they could have done, even big Sam would have been better, English squad need a kick in the butt, I for one don't support England, I'm French, but I would like to see England doing well just for the sake of our Liverpool players. This coach is a joke, always finding stupid excuses, what got me last time was his reaction when the press suggested that he should get the sack, instead of being professional and respect the opinion of other he just laughed at them, in fact laugh at you guys fans of England.

Something I learned since day one when I moved to England is that football is very important for people here, it's their pride, when you see how many fans the English side have during competition its force the respect, the lads should "die" on the pitch every time they play for the shirt. Three lions on the shirt and you actually have a team of lambs  playing it. The coach IS responsible for the result, the players for the performance, with a man like Mac Laren how can you possibly getting motivated to get a result when the guy is picking the wrong team and play people at the wrong position ( Lennon on the left, Gerrard on the right, etc..).

You are playing Andorra...ANDORRA and it become this must win game where people having doubt that you could get a decent result!! England should trash Andorra but Andorra part timers believe now that they could get a result, people should be scared to play England instead they feel full of confidence to get a result. I remember the days when England was all out like lions, now you can feel the tension, everybody is playing so safely especially with their first touch, if you look carefully, always on the back foot. The other point is why oh why England is trying to play so many systems? They should go for a solid 4-4-2 and stick to it, look at France for example, we always play 4-4-2 and during the last world cup, no wives, no paper FOCUS on the job and against all odds we nearly win it and why? because we have a coach who play player where they should play and with a simple strong system.

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Mar 28, 2007 07:03:05 pm
      I will never understand the FA in this country. Choosing mac laren was the biggest mistake they could have done, even big Sam would have been better, English squad need a kick in the butt, I for one don't support England, I'm French, but I would like to see England doing well just for the sake of our Liverpool players. This coach is a joke, always finding stupid excuses, what got me last time was his reaction when the press suggested that he should get the sack, instead of being professional and respect the opinion of other he just laughed at them, in fact laugh at you guys fans of England.

Something I learned since day one when I moved to England is that football is very important for people here, it's their pride, when you see how many fans the English side have during competition its force the respect, the lads should "die" on the pitch every time they play for the shirt. Three lions on the shirt and you actually have a team of lambs  playing it. The coach IS responsible for the result, the players for the performance, with a man like Mac Laren how can you possibly getting motivated to get a result when the guy is picking the wrong team and play people at the wrong position ( Lennon on the left, Gerrard on the right, etc..).

You are playing Andorra...ANDORRA and it become this must win game where people having doubt that you could get a decent result!! England should trash Andorra but Andorra part timers believe now that they could get a result, people should be scared to play England instead they feel full of confidence to get a result. I remember the days when England was all out like lions, now you can feel the tension, everybody is playing so safely especially with their first touch, if you look carefully, always on the back foot. The other point is why oh why England is trying to play so many systems? They should go for a solid 4-4-2 and stick to it, look at France for example, we always play 4-4-2 and during the last world cup, no wives, no paper FOCUS on the job and against all odds we nearly win it and why? because we have a coach who play player where they should play and with a simple strong system.

A quality post mate couldn't agree more, by birth iam English yet since a ten year old i have supported Italy, i think it is because Liverpool are my one and only team and that is it, any other even my National team are just an interest that i watch now and then.
      I have never seen England play and as a kid they never ventured past Watford so i never had an affinity with them i just saw them as this cockney team, yes i got excited when the whole of the England team got populated with Liverpool players but that was the only reason i watched them and the same goes for tonight.The England management and coaching system is rotten and they still cant figure out why the players cant reproduce there club form for England, Err Hello... its not the players its the inept managers you put in charge!
      Iam sorry if i upset any big England fans but for me rightly or wrongly its Liverpool and Liverpool only.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Mar 29, 2007 12:43:12 pm
      the lads should "die" on the pitch every time they play for the shirt.

This is generally what they seem to do Cy  :D
      Cy
      Reply #11: Mar 29, 2007 12:50:36 pm
      This is generally what they seem to do Cy  :D
        :D :D well pointed out...
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #12: Mar 29, 2007 12:53:38 pm
      rightly or wrongly its Liverpool and Liverpool only.

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #13: Mar 29, 2007 01:11:37 pm
      Im Sorry Eddie mate but all i see when you post a pic is red cross syndrome.
      Dont know if its just me because my works firewall is blocking them, will have a look on my own PC tonight.

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: Mar 29, 2007 01:16:41 pm
      It was a picture of a couple of flags mate, one saying 'we're not English, we are Scouse' and the other one was the 'Scouse Separatists' one based on the basque separatists flag. Probably one of those ones where you have to see it for yourself.
      Cy
      Reply #15: Mar 29, 2007 01:19:05 pm
      Im Sorry Eddie mate but all I see when you post a pic is red cross syndrome.
      Dont know if its just me because my works firewall is blocking them, will have a look on my own PC tonight.

that seems to be your browser mate, I dont know which one you are using, but if it's firefox, try internet explorer or the opposite..It happens to me in the past..Nice pics..;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #16: Mar 29, 2007 01:27:18 pm
      It was a picture of a couple of flags mate, one saying 'we're not English, we are Scouse' and the other one was the 'Scouse Separatists' one based on the basque separatists flag. Probably one of those ones where you have to see it for yourself.

As long as we dont have to start bombing car parks like Eta do mate!! ;D

Whenever I went to wembley for a cup final I dont think I ever heard LFC fans sing the national anthem we usually sang YNWA, now I dont think reds are particularly unpatriotic and I dont think there to bothered about the Queen so why the need to be different? I think I first heard it during the 80s and maybe with unemployment and the Thatcher government at the time it was a way for working class reds to make there feelings known. Blimey I'm going all Ben Elton!! ;)

Many thanks for the info Cy
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2007 01:38:23 pm by Glenbuck »
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 04, 2007 10:10:41 am
      Andy Johnson and Frank Lampard were both appauling that game get them both out the squad and steve mclaren 2

Quick Reply