Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 313467 times
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Reply #483: Oct 06, 2012 12:05:43 pm
      Result!

HJC Official ‏@HJC_Official
      Morrisons Maghull have now removed all promotional reference to the S*n. HJC would like to thank them for the gesture, and hope all stores nationwide will now follow suit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #484: Oct 06, 2012 01:57:00 pm
      Top job and another step to freeing us of the filth and lies contained in the F***ing rag, outstanding achievement.

JFT96
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #485: Oct 06, 2012 11:37:50 pm
      Quote from The Kopite91
      Every other newspaper is leading with the HIC report on their website.

The S*n is leading with Brian McFadden and Kerry Katona and the headline; "Shut Up & Move On"

Whatever tw*t went with that knows full well what they mean by it!  :f_steam:

The story/headline would have been posted before the report was published. The news content on their website is not updated until the following day. Accordingly, the report was top story on their website for the whole of the next day. The editorial was a full page apology. Unlike in 2004, they recognised the deep offence and distress it caused, and there was no attempt made to qualify it.

McKuntzie on the other hand, well no change. As is standard issue from him, his "apology" was full of how and why he printed what he did. That's an explanation - a sh*te one at that, and not an apology.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #486: Nov 11, 2012 12:17:53 pm
      I've noticed recently that whenever I do a search online for anything Liverpool FC or Brendan Rodgers related there seems to be a lot more articles from the sh**rag.

Has anyone else noticed?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #487: Nov 11, 2012 12:24:08 pm
      I've noticed recently that whenever I do a search online for anything Liverpool FC or Brendan Rodgers related there seems to be a lot more articles from the sh**rag.

Has anyone else noticed?

It could be simply the fact that they are paying to go up the search list. If you are using GoogÂŁe that is probably the answer.

Fame by association.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #488: Nov 11, 2012 12:31:45 pm
      It could be simply the fact that they are paying to go up the search list. If you are using GoogÂŁe that is probably the answer.

Fame by association.

My point is mate, why now?  I've always used Google so what's changed that they are prepared to pay to move up the list.

They seem to be encroaching into our psyche as though, since the Hillsborough Panels report, they feel confident of breaking the campaign.

They never will but it pi**es me off no end when I even have to look at their name next to anything associated with LFC.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #489: Nov 11, 2012 12:56:59 pm
      I've noticed it at work, that the sh*t rag seems to have gained more prominence doing business related searches, but I don't search for football related stories at work. Not noticed it on my laptop though, usually get The Mirror or The Daily Mail at the top, usually followed by The Guardian or The Independent.  I use google for both.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #490: Nov 11, 2012 01:08:36 pm
      Some of the headlines in todays search.  I hope Brendan realises that we don't talk to this rag, not that I'm saying he has, as I haven't read the articles.  I just don't like the association, no matter how tenuous.

Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool are in the top 4.. for creating chances

Brendan Rodgers: We must hold on to Luis Suarez

Brendan Rodgers wants Liverpool to take a different route to the top
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #491: Nov 12, 2012 11:51:01 pm
      Some of the headlines in todays search.  I hope Brendan realises that we don't talk to this rag, not that I'm saying he has, as I haven't read the articles.  I just don't like the association, no matter how tenuous.

Certain sure BR is totally aware of the situation.I hope in my lifetime and beyond scousers/a n others will NEVER do a U turn with the SH** rag.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #492: Nov 12, 2012 11:57:11 pm

Unfortunately the rag purchases interviews from other journos and media outlets.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #493: Nov 12, 2012 11:58:41 pm
      I never will, when lads have had my van at work if they leave one of those papers in and I know who it is, they get if back quickly and in flames. :)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #494: Nov 13, 2012 12:02:30 am
      Running a little social club in Epsom,I wish I had kept the photo of four of us p*****g on a copy some geezer left on the bar while he went to the toilet ;D.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #495: Nov 13, 2012 12:06:21 am
      Running a little social club in Epsom,I wish I had kept the photo of four of us p*****g on a copy some geezer left on the bar while he went to the toilet ;D.

I've no issue with you pissing on the shitrag, but pissing on a bar can never be condoned!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #496: Nov 13, 2012 12:08:23 am

;D
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #497: Dec 10, 2012 02:56:08 pm
      Hi Liverpool fans, I am a 61 year old West Ham supporter, {so I have many grey hairs }you must like us we haven't played at Anfield since about 1964. Fairly easy 6 points a season.
      I was in the print till the evil witch and her gangster pal Murdoch destroyed our unions and I had to became a bus driver. I still tear up every copy of the S*n that I can lay my hands on in the driver's canteen. The Hillsborough lies are typical of what our country has become, the spivs and gangsters  have us and we need to get them out of our lives.
      Not all us Londoners are Tories.
      Phil

Nice gesture putting that on our forum! ynwa
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #498: Apr 10, 2013 06:12:14 pm
      Just been doing some Uni work on an unrelated topic to Hillsborough and can across this. May be helpful for some to look at:

http://nomorepage3.org/the-suns-major-advertisers/
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #499: Jul 16, 2013 06:16:45 pm
      Andrew Heaton via Twitter:

The only thing that surprises me about Michael Owen writing for The S*n is that people are surprised.

Is this true? Could the greedy little shitbag charisma-void get any lower??

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #500: Jul 16, 2013 07:20:22 pm
      Andrew Heaton via Twitter:

The only thing that surprises me about Michael Owen writing for The S*n is that people are surprised.

Is this true? Could the greedy little shitbag charisma-void get any lower??

Yep, has his own column in the rag, heard it mentioned a few times today.

And that just puts the top hat on the Michael Owen story!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #501: Jul 16, 2013 07:23:54 pm
      Saw someone saying that on facebook but couldn't find any other source and wouldn't dare go on their website. It does surprise me to be honest. I did not expect any club loyalty from him but it's not about LFC, it's about his home town and his people.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #502: Jul 16, 2013 07:24:28 pm
      Yep, has his own column in the rag, heard it mentioned a few times today.

And that just puts the top hat on the Michael Owen story!

What a complete tw*t.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #503: Jul 16, 2013 07:26:58 pm
      Saw someone saying that on facebook but couldn't find any other source and wouldn't dare go on their website. It does surprise me to be honest. I did not expect any club loyalty from him but it's not about LFC, it's about his home town and his people.

He's from N. Wales mate.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #504: Jul 16, 2013 07:29:40 pm

Oh that's right. Chester wikipedia says. Forgot about that. But the argument stands. He basically grew up in L'pool. Still find it unbelievably disgusting, even from him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #505: Jul 16, 2013 07:39:16 pm
      Oh that's right. Chester wikipedia says. Forgot about that. But the argument stands. He basically grew up in L'pool. Still find it unbelievably disgusting, even from him.

Well he's lived in N Wales for some time now, he was born in Chester as you say which is between Liverpool and Wales, not actually in Wales.
      Not really sure if Micky did grow up in Liverpool, think his family moved to Mold in N. Wales when he was a kid.

Quick Reply