Read 313478 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Re: Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Reply #529: May 29, 2014 06:07:40 pm
      A lot of footballers getting onto how low the scum works these days:

Cristiano Ronaldo ‏@Cristiano  12m
      Today, the Sun publishes an interview with me that I never gave. So its content is pure fiction.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #530: May 29, 2014 08:58:21 pm
      A lot of footballers getting onto how low the scum works these days:

Cristiano Ronaldo ‏@Cristiano  12m
      Today, the Sun publishes an interview with me that I never gave. So its content is pure fiction.

Fair play to the lad

Shower of cu*ts
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #531: Jun 08, 2014 07:59:27 pm
      Anybody seen this?

Anyway, Royal Mails complaint details for those not in a Liverpool postcode and don't want this delivering.  http://smehelp.royalmail.datasquirt.co.uk/

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/19/world-cup-marketing-the-sun

The *** is distributing free cut-down editions to 22m English households as part of a Brazil 2014 World Cup marketing push.

The *** is to give away more than 20m copies in an unprecedented World Cup push – but it will not include the paper's traditional Page 3 model for fear of a marketing own-goal.

Its promotional issues will be distributed throughout England, with the exception of Liverpool, where the paper remains controversial over its coverage of the Hillsborough tragedy.

The 24-page mini-issue will be a condensed version of the regular tabloid, featuring news, comment, along with a sport section that will have a heavy focus on the main newspaper's coverage of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Eighty per cent of the 22m copies will be distributed on 12 June, the opening day of the World Cup, while the remaining copies will be delivered on 13 June across the country.

Is it understood News UK has struck a deal with Royal Mail to deliver the copies, which will be given out in England, but not Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

The promotion across England will exclude distribution to households in Liverpool, where many have boycotted the newspaper since articles it published relating to the 1989 Hillsborough football disaster.

The free paper will be published alongside the regular paid-for issue of the ***, which usually has a pagination of around 64 pages.

The ***'s commercial team is hoping to charge about £300,000 for a full-page advertisement in the promotional copy.

By comparison, the paid for issue of the ***, which has a circulation of 2.1m, charges about £35,000 for a full-page advert.

"We are pleased that we can do something so big and bold in the build-up to the World Cup," said a spokesman for News UK. "We are also proud to show our ongoing commitment to printed newspapers as a way of reaching a mass audience."

The move by News UK is thought to mark the first time that a national newspaper in the UK has been given out on such a scale.

German national newspaper Bild gave out 41m copies for free in 2012 to celebrate its 60th birthday.

According to the latest census figures, there are more than 22m households in England.

These c*nts are gonna try to push this sh*t through my door!  No F***ing way.

I'm gonna have a sign on my door telling the postie that I refuse to have this disgusting rag in my house and that I want him to put it straight into my recycling bucket, which will be left there for that reason.  I urge everyone else to do the same and spread the word.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #532: Jun 09, 2014 12:49:30 pm
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #533: Jun 09, 2014 03:44:33 pm
      Please get on this lads.  We're not far off the required number of signatures.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/petition-launched-unions-meet-post-7237553
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #534: Jun 12, 2014 09:06:49 am

These c*nts are gonna try to push this sh*t through my door!  No F***ing way.

I'm gonna have a sign on my door telling the postie that I refuse to have this disgusting rag in my house and that I want him to put it straight into my recycling bucket, which will be left there for that reason.  I urge everyone else to do the same and spread the word.

They can't give the sh*t away!!
      I'll be waiting and watching even with a sign up, to make sure the filth doesn't pollute my doorstep.

edit: Didn't see the none delivery to Liverpool postcodes bit.
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2014 09:19:53 am by stuey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #535: Jun 12, 2014 07:57:55 pm
      The Southport Times has uncovered shocking new evidence that tens of thousands of people are living in bins and skips around Merseyside.

This tragic and disturbing discovery was made during our research for an unrelated story about the Royal Mail’s distribution of free copies of The Sun newspaper.

It emerged that hundreds of postal workers would be delivering the paper directly into the make-do homes of these poor, unfortunate individuals.

“Yes, a family of 200 live in here.” Postman, Bryan Eyre told us as we witnessed him cheerfully placing an entire bundle of copies of The Sun into a skip.

“We could return them undelivered,” Eyre explained, “But we like to imagine the poor homeless people at least having something to wipe their arses on.”
      http://southporttimes.co.uk/?p=671

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #536: Jun 12, 2014 08:27:20 pm
      The Southport Times has uncovered shocking new evidence that tens of thousands of people are living in bins and skips around Merseyside.

This tragic and disturbing discovery was made during our research for an unrelated story about the Royal Mail’s distribution of free copies of The Sun newspaper.

It emerged that hundreds of postal workers would be delivering the paper directly into the make-do homes of these poor, unfortunate individuals.

“Yes, a family of 200 live in here.” Postman, Bryan Eyre told us as we witnessed him cheerfully placing an entire bundle of copies of The Sun into a skip.

“We could return them undelivered,” Eyre explained, “But we like to imagine the poor homeless people at least having something to wipe their arses on.”
      http://southporttimes.co.uk/?p=671

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Those poor homeless people have scruples and are particular what they expose their arses to.
      Bag of sh*te rag is only fit for burning.

LFCexiled
      Reply #537: Jun 13, 2014 05:20:27 pm
      We got it through our door today whilst I was at work, the missus promptly took it to the post box and inserted it for return to it's origin....

God love her, she can't even bring herself to write c**t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #538: Jun 13, 2014 05:26:35 pm
      Ed Miliband apologises for offence over Sun picture

Ed Miliband has apologised for any offence caused after he posed with a copy of the Sun newspaper.

The Labour leader was pictured holding a special edition of the paper which was sent to millions of homes free to mark the start of the World Cup.

Labour MPs have criticised their leader for associating himself with the paper, which has long been criticised for its reporting of the Hillsborough disaster.

Mr Miliband said he "understood the anger" felt on Merseyside about it.

Groups representing victims and survivors of the 1989 tragedy expressed anger at Mr Miliband's actions, one describing them as an "absolute disgrace".

And a Labour councillor in Liverpool, Martin Cummins, has resigned from the party, suggesting Mr Miliband had "listened to unwise counsel in associating himself, and our party, with this degrading publication".

Mr Cummins said: "Seeing Ed promoting the Sun has rocked me to my core."

The Labour leader insisted that he had participated in the photo shoot to show his support for the England football team.

In a statement, a spokesman for the Labour leader said: "Ed Miliband was promoting England's bid to win the World Cup and is proud to do so.

"But he understands the anger that is felt towards the Sun over Hillsborough by many people in Merseyside and he is sorry to those who feel offended."

Mr Miliband, David Cameron and Nick Clegg all posed with copies of the Sun.

A Sun spokesman said: "The Sun wants to thank Ed Miliband for having his picture taken and cheering on England to #DoUsProud in Brazil.

"The free edition of The Sun is an unashamedly positive celebration of Englishness, and it should come as no surprise that politicians on all sides are happy to get behind our uplifting message."

The move has caused anger in Liverpool, at a time when inquests are being held into the deaths of 96 Liverpool football supporters at Hillsborough in 1989.

Analysis by political correspondent Chris Mason

Was it a mistake for Ed Miliband to pose for a photo, complete with a smile and a copy of The Sun?

From his perspective, here's the plus side: The Sun is the country's biggest selling newspaper, and this wasn't just an ordinary edition of the paper.

It was being sent free to millions of homes across England.

As a political leader, would you want to miss the chance to look like you're getting in the World Cup spirit?

On the downside, don't underestimate the deep seated anger with The Sun on Merseyside or the depth or longevity of Labour support there.

The question is: did the downsides even cross Team Miliband's mind?

They're not saying - but do point out the Labour leader has written for The Sun before, and will do again.

The Sun has long been scorned in Liverpool for its coverage of the tragedy, after which it criticised the behaviour of Liverpool fans, suggesting they had robbed and urinated on victims and attacked police officers attending to the injured.

In 2012, it published a "profound" apology for what it said was an "inaccurate and offensive" report.

Steve Rotheram, MP for Liverpool Walton, said he and some of his colleagues had met Mr Miliband on Thursday to discuss the matter.

"He never meant any offence, but in my opinion it shouldn't have happened in the first place," he tweeted.

The Labour mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, said many people would feel "insulted" by Mr Miliband's actions.

"Like everybody in this city I am really hurt and offended by Ed Miliband's support for The Sun newspaper," he said. "Such clear support for that publication at any time would be wrong but at such a sensitive time is deeply shocking."

"For the leader of the Labour Party to make such an offensive gesture insults not only me but every person in the city.

"This is just another example of how out of touch the politicians in their ivory towers are from the lives of ordinary people."

Writing on Labour list, Labour MP Tom Watson suggested the Labour leader had been "hoodwinked" by the newspaper.

"Scouse friends with accompanying passionate vernacular said that we had scored an 'own goal,'" he wrote.

He added: "It's not easy being leader of the opposition. There is always a conga line of trouble waiting at your office door. You're never far away from disagreement.

"And in those tiny moments of rest between the ennui of shadow cabinet meetings, there's a helpful spin doctor who can press a promotional copy of The Sun into your hands."

Margaret Aspinall, chair of the Hillsborough Family Support Group - which represents 75 families - said she could not believe the pictures of the three party leaders and suggested "common sense should have prevailed at a very sensitive time for the families".

And Barry Devonside, of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, said it is "an absolute disgrace that the leader of the Labour Party got involved".

The Sun backed Labour under Tony Blair but withdrew its support before the 2010 election.

Mr Miliband has had a strained relationship with Rupert Murdoch, the Sun's proprietor, after leading calls for tougher press regulation in the wake of the phone hacking scandal.

Mr Clegg has also been urged to apologise by a Lib Dem councillor in Liverpool for an "error" of judgement in associating himself with the paper's offer.

"I have emailed Nick's advisors to ask what was he doing," Richard Kemp said. "I am particularly surprised at Nick Clegg, as Hillsborough is in his constituency."

He added: "I think he has been badly advised. He is not evil or stupid and I hold his advisers more responsible."

In response, a spokesman for the deputy prime minister said his show of support for the England football team "does not change his views on the Hillsborough tragedy".

"He understands the depth of feeling on Merseyside and elsewhere about what happened and that is why he played a pivotal role in government in ensuring that official documents relating to Hillsborough were released," the spokesman added.

A Conservative source said Mr Miliband's apology was an "extraordinary gaffe" which proved he lacked "moral conviction".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27829958

That bit in bold, maybe some will see why some of us on here say "Scouse, Not English"
      LFCexiled
      Reply #539: Jun 13, 2014 05:43:26 pm

That bit in bold, maybe some will see why some of us on here say "Scouse, Not English"

Personally mate I think this is just that c**t murdoch using it as a point of division, he's purposely shelled out the cash to post his vitriol through peoples doors under the guise of 'patriotism' but it's just his evil F***ing way of creating division. He'll get some of the crowd who are 'moaning' about Hillsborough on his side and get them spouting bile and all this miliband bollocks is just a bonus for the c**t.

He needs to join that c**t who used to suck his cock, him and maggie can regale each other in hell with stories of the misery they caused. Pair of cu*ts.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #540: Jun 13, 2014 06:21:27 pm
      Although I have no sympathy for Ed Miliband, I guess he is between a rock and a hard place.

Not coming from Liverpool, or supporting the team it would be difficult for him to say shove your rag up your arse, especially when the that particular piece of gutter press has such a miss guided following, and with a general election a year away to boot.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #541: Jun 13, 2014 08:41:01 pm
      Someone told me that it has cost them a fortune in freepost returns, and they've found copies that have been shredded, defaced and even where people have wiped their arses on them.

I don't know how much truth there is in it, I just think it's a shame Murdoch doesn't open the post.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #542: Jun 13, 2014 08:47:08 pm
      Although I have no sympathy for Ed Miliband, I guess he is between a rock and a hard place.

Not coming from Liverpool, or supporting the team it would be difficult for him to say shove your rag up your arse, especially when the that particular piece of gutter press has such a miss guided following, and with a general election a year away to boot.

I heard on the radio today that the particular line for the next election of the sh*t rag is tory so he was flogging a dead horse anyway. The lad is never going to sit at any table with the heads of the world, he may  just get to take their coats though.

Take it from one who's got two in his family, politicians, I sh*t them.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #543: Jun 13, 2014 08:50:32 pm
      Ed Miliband apologises for offence over Sun picture

Ed Miliband has apologised for any offence caused after he posed with a copy of the Sun newspaper.

The Labour leader was pictured holding a special edition of the paper which was sent to millions of homes free to mark the start of the World Cup.

Labour MPs have criticised their leader for associating himself with the paper, which has long been criticised for its reporting of the Hillsborough disaster.

Mr Miliband said he "understood the anger" felt on Merseyside about it.

Groups representing victims and survivors of the 1989 tragedy expressed anger at Mr Miliband's actions, one describing them as an "absolute disgrace".

And a Labour councillor in Liverpool, Martin Cummins, has resigned from the party, suggesting Mr Miliband had "listened to unwise counsel in associating himself, and our party, with this degrading publication".

Mr Cummins said: "Seeing Ed promoting the Sun has rocked me to my core."

The Labour leader insisted that he had participated in the photo shoot to show his support for the England football team.

In a statement, a spokesman for the Labour leader said: "Ed Miliband was promoting England's bid to win the World Cup and is proud to do so.

"But he understands the anger that is felt towards the Sun over Hillsborough by many people in Merseyside and he is sorry to those who feel offended."

Mr Miliband, David Cameron and Nick Clegg all posed with copies of the Sun.

A Sun spokesman said: "The Sun wants to thank Ed Miliband for having his picture taken and cheering on England to #DoUsProud in Brazil.

"The free edition of The Sun is an unashamedly positive celebration of Englishness, and it should come as no surprise that politicians on all sides are happy to get behind our uplifting message."

The move has caused anger in Liverpool, at a time when inquests are being held into the deaths of 96 Liverpool football supporters at Hillsborough in 1989.

Analysis by political correspondent Chris Mason

Was it a mistake for Ed Miliband to pose for a photo, complete with a smile and a copy of The Sun?

From his perspective, here's the plus side: The Sun is the country's biggest selling newspaper, and this wasn't just an ordinary edition of the paper.

It was being sent free to millions of homes across England.

As a political leader, would you want to miss the chance to look like you're getting in the World Cup spirit?

On the downside, don't underestimate the deep seated anger with The Sun on Merseyside or the depth or longevity of Labour support there.

The question is: did the downsides even cross Team Miliband's mind?

They're not saying - but do point out the Labour leader has written for The Sun before, and will do again.

The Sun has long been scorned in Liverpool for its coverage of the tragedy, after which it criticised the behaviour of Liverpool fans, suggesting they had robbed and urinated on victims and attacked police officers attending to the injured.

In 2012, it published a "profound" apology for what it said was an "inaccurate and offensive" report.

Steve Rotheram, MP for Liverpool Walton, said he and some of his colleagues had met Mr Miliband on Thursday to discuss the matter.

"He never meant any offence, but in my opinion it shouldn't have happened in the first place," he tweeted.

The Labour mayor of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, said many people would feel "insulted" by Mr Miliband's actions.

"Like everybody in this city I am really hurt and offended by Ed Miliband's support for The Sun newspaper," he said. "Such clear support for that publication at any time would be wrong but at such a sensitive time is deeply shocking."

"For the leader of the Labour Party to make such an offensive gesture insults not only me but every person in the city.

"This is just another example of how out of touch the politicians in their ivory towers are from the lives of ordinary people."

Writing on Labour list, Labour MP Tom Watson suggested the Labour leader had been "hoodwinked" by the newspaper.

"Scouse friends with accompanying passionate vernacular said that we had scored an 'own goal,'" he wrote.

He added: "It's not easy being leader of the opposition. There is always a conga line of trouble waiting at your office door. You're never far away from disagreement.

"And in those tiny moments of rest between the ennui of shadow cabinet meetings, there's a helpful spin doctor who can press a promotional copy of The Sun into your hands."

Margaret Aspinall, chair of the Hillsborough Family Support Group - which represents 75 families - said she could not believe the pictures of the three party leaders and suggested "common sense should have prevailed at a very sensitive time for the families".

And Barry Devonside, of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, said it is "an absolute disgrace that the leader of the Labour Party got involved".

The Sun backed Labour under Tony Blair but withdrew its support before the 2010 election.

Mr Miliband has had a strained relationship with Rupert Murdoch, the Sun's proprietor, after leading calls for tougher press regulation in the wake of the phone hacking scandal.

Mr Clegg has also been urged to apologise by a Lib Dem councillor in Liverpool for an "error" of judgement in associating himself with the paper's offer.

"I have emailed Nick's advisors to ask what was he doing," Richard Kemp said. "I am particularly surprised at Nick Clegg, as Hillsborough is in his constituency."

He added: "I think he has been badly advised. He is not evil or stupid and I hold his advisers more responsible."

In response, a spokesman for the deputy prime minister said his show of support for the England football team "does not change his views on the Hillsborough tragedy".

"He understands the depth of feeling on Merseyside and elsewhere about what happened and that is why he played a pivotal role in government in ensuring that official documents relating to Hillsborough were released," the spokesman added.

A Conservative source said Mr Miliband's apology was an "extraordinary gaffe" which proved he lacked "moral conviction".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27829958

Completely agree, when people question why we don't and won't follow England they need to remember this
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #544: Jun 13, 2014 09:07:50 pm
      Regardless of whether milliband understands or not his advisors should have been better informed.  Just shows how out of touch all politicians are with the public they're supposed to represent.  Thankfully I've not been home since Tuesday but Paul knows what to do with it if we've had one delivered.

Massive bunch of cu*ts the lot if them :f_steam:
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #545: Jun 13, 2014 10:17:05 pm
      LFC fans are everywhere, I live in Manchester and would of been less offended if someone would of posted a used piece of toilet paper through my letter box rather than that piece of sh*t. F***ing fuming.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #546: Jul 17, 2014 05:33:05 pm
      Joe Anderson ‏@joeforliverpool  1h
      The cheek of the S*n they asked for press pass for the @GiantSpectacle next week my response was a GIANT two fingers.
      #JFT96 #DontbuytheScum
      dave1976
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #547: Jul 21, 2014 06:53:59 pm
      Can I ask something? I am an American here In the Uk and I have been supporting Liverpool for two years. At what point will people forgive the Sun? The Hillsborough tragedy was 25 years ago, and it was certainly a tragedy- thank God it appears justice for the 96 is finally on its way. but do Scousers not buy BMWs because the Germans bombed Liverpool in the war? the current editor of the Sun didn't even work for the paper then. Please don't troll me- I am an outsider supporting the best club in the world and need to understand what the Sun means to LFC supporters.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #548: Jul 21, 2014 10:14:43 pm
      You just need to google it. Or read the first post in this thread.

As for the Germans, we were at war, totally different situation, they bombed us, we bombed them. That abhorant excuse for a newspaper lied and spread melishious untruths to blacken not only the club, but the city of Liverpool just to sell papers to the Tory loving southerners.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #549: Jul 21, 2014 10:32:43 pm
      At what point will people forgive the Sun?
      Never , they're a dirty rotten pack of lying cu*ts and no matter how many times they apologize we all know it's because they want to sell their sh*t on Merseyside . Now you know how we feel about them . How about America are ye still strangling the Cuban economy even though they done F**k all to ye .

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #550: Jul 21, 2014 11:00:42 pm
      At what point will people forgive the Sun?

Never, and never again should this question be asked.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #551: Jul 21, 2014 11:12:51 pm
      Never, and never again should this question be asked.
      And he gave it a capital s as well . :mad:

Quick Reply