Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 311121 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Reply #644: May 10, 2016 07:44:55 pm

The bleating out of the cu*ts ever since and just after the verdicts were delivered, plus the bleatings from the editor in chief on sky that night shows they fu**ed up and even they know they'll never get that readership from Merseyside back.

Was also funny reading on twitter the sh*te they give Lineker after he slagged them off over Whittingdale/BBC - it really is a paper for numbskulls.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #645: May 10, 2016 10:27:55 pm
      The bleating out of the cu*ts ever since and just after the verdicts were delivered, plus the bleatings from the editor in chief on sky that night shows they fu**ed up and even they know they'll never get that readership from Merseyside back.

Was also funny reading on twitter the sh*te they give Lineker after he slagged them off over Whittingdale/BBC - it really is a paper for numbskulls.

they even tried to stitch up Ronnie Barker after he retired what sort of person sits at his desk and thinks "lets F**k up some ones life what about Ronnie Barker". the only justice for them is if the paper closes and its a day I hope to see in my lifetime. The next best thing will be to read the obituary of that fuking slime ball editor McKenzie.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #646: May 30, 2016 05:31:59 pm
      I didn't want to give this a thread and given the fact it probably stems from this sh*t rag I'll pop it in here.

Some Worcester based munter (I'd imagine), his life has changed overnight, unfortunately for him.

The least he deserves.

http://www.unilad.co.uk/viral/mans-sick-and-offensive-hillsborough-slur-t-shirt-sparks-mass-outrage/

saw this in the echo, absolute F***ing pond life.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #647: May 30, 2016 06:29:05 pm
      I didn't want to give this a thread and given the fact it probably stems from this sh*t rag I'll pop it in here.

Some Worcester based munter (I'd imagine), his life has changed overnight, unfortunately for him.

The least he deserves.

http://www.unilad.co.uk/viral/mans-sick-and-offensive-hillsborough-slur-t-shirt-sparks-mass-outrage/

It went absolutely ape-sh*t on Twitter last night over this F***ing mongrel, some gobs***e wannabe manc (you know having to prove what a top fan he is) got himself several printed t-shirts with offensive sh*t on them.

Safe to say, the scousers on twitter pretty much made sure he won't be wearing any of them t-shirts anymore.

Was arrested, charged and been bailed to appear before magistrates in July.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #648: May 30, 2016 06:47:35 pm
      I've got to say though mate, did you see the list of stuff he's had sent to his house?

Proper funny some of it, proper Scouser way of dealing with his sh*te.

Was following this last night Ian, absolute F***ing tosser but brilliant how it was dealt with and even better that it went viral so the whole world can see what we've had to put up with for years.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #649: May 30, 2016 07:19:39 pm
      I've got to say though mate, did you see the list of stuff he's had sent to his house?

Proper funny some of it, proper Scouser way of dealing with his sh*te.

haven't seen anything about this list to be honest
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #650: May 30, 2016 07:39:08 pm

seen it now, much better than going around and battering the tw*t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #651: May 31, 2016 12:21:04 pm
      It's amazing that a grown man (50 I think he is) would spend money to get sh*t printed onto a T-shirt, it seems the most vociferous munter is always from anywhere but manchester, must be a guilt complex.

Nah those t-shirts he got printed have got F**k all to do with a guilt complex and more to do with him thinking he's a top Man U fan.

One out and out c**t.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #652: May 31, 2016 02:50:31 pm
      Guys, I live in Worcester, I used to use the pub, the landlord Mark, and his wife Debs are top ppl, the pub is called the Brewers arms, nice wee boozer, friendly folk, there are genuine punters, many Liverpool fans and others, some of the blokes would have sorted this KUNT out, inc Manc fans btw,

He will be sorted,make no mistake his face is all over fb so it won't be easy for the b***ard to go anywhere without someone recognising him, Worcester isn't that big a town to hide in, he is a marked man.

It's been reported his name is Stuart Grange, he is a Manc unsurprisingly. Hopefully he'll be run out of the town.

YNWA
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #653: Jun 20, 2016 08:42:01 pm
      Good Twitter account, that shows how crass the rag is.

Here is today's entry.

https://twitter.com/SunApology/status/744787521372979200
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #654: Jun 20, 2016 08:52:46 pm
      Good Twitter account, that shows how crass the rag is.

Here is today's entry.

https://twitter.com/SunApology/status/744787521372979200

Been following them for a while now & as you say.... Good account..

Another one I follow...

https://twitter.com/themurdochtimes/status/744323784102948864
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #655: Jun 21, 2016 07:06:20 pm
      just reading that timeline and discovering that the rag is fully behind leaving the EU has blown my working class brain, cameron wants in, boris wants out, the rag wants out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Murdoch can walk into 10 Downing street & dictate but not in Brussells.. Looking out for his own self....

Won't be long before we read his obituaries...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #656: Jun 21, 2016 08:18:13 pm
      just reading that timeline and discovering that the rag is fully behind leaving the EU has blown my working class brain, cameron wants in, boris wants out, the rag wants out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHH!!!!

I pointed this out sometime ago mate its hard to find yourself aligned with the scum isn't it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #657: Jul 13, 2016 04:22:59 pm
      Radio presenter Colin Murray quits show on TalkSport  because of association with the sh*t rag.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/radio-presenter-colin-murray-quits-11609607#ICID=FB-Liv-main

Good man yaself 

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #658: Jul 13, 2016 04:25:45 pm
      Absolutely great stuff from Colin Murray that. Honourable and a true red.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #659: Jul 18, 2016 03:25:05 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #660: Jul 19, 2016 04:20:28 pm

Fatima Manji: The Truth - why Kelvin MacKenzie's smears won't stop me from doing my job.

14:34, 19 JUL 2016 UPDATED 15:05, 19 JUL 2016
      BY FATIMA MANJI

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Muslim Channel Four News journalist writes for the ECHO after former S*n editor's criticism

SHARES

Fatima Manji (Pic: Channel 4 News)

Former S*n editor Kelvin MacKenzie sparked more than 800 complaints to press regulator Ipso after criticising Fatima Manji for wearing a Hijab on Channel Four News while reporting on the Nice attack.

Writing exclusively for the ECHO, Fatima sets out exactly why he was so wrong
      It would be easy to dismiss Kelvin MacKenzie as an embarrassing, and serially embarrassed, relic of a bygone era in British journalism.

After all, this is the man who slurred survivors of one of our most tragic national atrocities of recent decades. It took him 23 years to apologise and four more to claim he was ā€œcaught upā€ in a government conspiracy to tarnish Hillsborough victims, only after being confronted by brave campaigners and responsible journalists, including my Channel 4 News colleague Alex Thomson and the tireless team at the Liverpool Echo.

So Iā€™m not expecting an apology from him any time soon.

The Sun, you will recall, is the newspaper that appears at ease with its columnists describing refugees dying at sea as ā€œcockroachesā€.

But itā€™s dangerous to regard Mr MacKenzie and those who echo his Islamophobic sentiments as mere pantomime villains. Their soapbox allows them to spread their ill-informed, irresponsible and malevolent invective to millions of readers. Racist and Islamophobic rhetoric has real consequences ā€“ lives have been lost and shattered in our own country.

I was grief-stricken by the massacre in Nice, particularly by the haunting image of a little girlā€™s corpse laying next to the doll that was once her companion.

Mr MacKenzie seemed to find my appearance on his screen equally horrific: ā€˜The scenes from Nice shocked audiences around the world, but did the C4 hosts (sic) headress (sic)?ā€™

Widespread campaign

Mr MacKenzieā€™s article was but one wild screed in a long-running and widespread campaign to intimidate Muslims out of public life. Young men and women of all backgrounds regularly ask me for advice on how to forge a career in journalism. Mr MacKenzieā€™s monologue will frighten many of them into believing that they will be on the end of tabloid attacks merely for daring to do their jobs.

ā€˜Was it done to stick one in the eye of the ordinary viewer who looks at the hijab as a sign of the slavery of Muslim women by a male-dominated and clearly violent religion?ā€™

Kelvin MacKenzie has attempted to smear 1.6 billion Muslims in suggesting they are inherently violent. He has attempted to smear half of them further by suggesting they are helpless slaves. And he has attempted to smear me by suggesting I would sympathise with a terrorist.

In response to this, I have received kind messages from friends, colleagues, acquaintances and even those I have never met, expressing solidarity and anger at his words.

However, others took Mr MacKenzieā€™s column as licence to manufacture a debate on whether someone like me even belongs on screen. Among them was the Guardianā€™s Roy Greenslade, who chose to cite the views of his ā€˜woman friendā€™ to give Mr MacKenzieā€™s jackbooted variety of Islamophobia some liberal credence. Meanwhile, other outlets have taken to discussing whether or not I am a 'token'.

The truth is I always pride myself on journalistic integrity regardless of who Iā€™m interviewing or what story Iā€™m covering.

That is my mission at Channel 4 News. I will not be deterred in this mission by the efforts of those who find the presence of Muslims in British cultural life offensive.

THE TRUTH? I confess. I pi**ed on Kelvin MacKenzieā€™s apparent ambitions to force anyone who looks a little different off our screens, and Iā€™ll keep doing it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fatima-manji-truth-kelvin-mackenzies-11635404
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #661: Jul 20, 2016 10:07:08 pm

Fatima Manji: The Truth - why Kelvin MacKenzie's smears won't stop me from doing my job.

14:34, 19 JUL 2016 UPDATED 15:05, 19 JUL 2016
      BY FATIMA MANJI

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Muslim Channel Four News journalist writes for the ECHO after former S*n editor's criticism

SHARES

Fatima Manji (Pic: Channel 4 News)

Former S*n editor Kelvin MacKenzie sparked more than 800 complaints to press regulator Ipso after criticising Fatima Manji for wearing a Hijab on Channel Four News while reporting on the Nice attack.

Writing exclusively for the ECHO, Fatima sets out exactly why he was so wrong
      It would be easy to dismiss Kelvin MacKenzie as an embarrassing, and serially embarrassed, relic of a bygone era in British journalism.

After all, this is the man who slurred survivors of one of our most tragic national atrocities of recent decades. It took him 23 years to apologise and four more to claim he was ā€œcaught upā€ in a government conspiracy to tarnish Hillsborough victims, only after being confronted by brave campaigners and responsible journalists, including my Channel 4 News colleague Alex Thomson and the tireless team at the Liverpool Echo.

So Iā€™m not expecting an apology from him any time soon.

The Sun, you will recall, is the newspaper that appears at ease with its columnists describing refugees dying at sea as ā€œcockroachesā€.

But itā€™s dangerous to regard Mr MacKenzie and those who echo his Islamophobic sentiments as mere pantomime villains. Their soapbox allows them to spread their ill-informed, irresponsible and malevolent invective to millions of readers. Racist and Islamophobic rhetoric has real consequences ā€“ lives have been lost and shattered in our own country.

I was grief-stricken by the massacre in Nice, particularly by the haunting image of a little girlā€™s corpse laying next to the doll that was once her companion.

Mr MacKenzie seemed to find my appearance on his screen equally horrific: ā€˜The scenes from Nice shocked audiences around the world, but did the C4 hosts (sic) headress (sic)?ā€™

Widespread campaign

Mr MacKenzieā€™s article was but one wild screed in a long-running and widespread campaign to intimidate Muslims out of public life. Young men and women of all backgrounds regularly ask me for advice on how to forge a career in journalism. Mr MacKenzieā€™s monologue will frighten many of them into believing that they will be on the end of tabloid attacks merely for daring to do their jobs.

ā€˜Was it done to stick one in the eye of the ordinary viewer who looks at the hijab as a sign of the slavery of Muslim women by a male-dominated and clearly violent religion?ā€™

Kelvin MacKenzie has attempted to smear 1.6 billion Muslims in suggesting they are inherently violent. He has attempted to smear half of them further by suggesting they are helpless slaves. And he has attempted to smear me by suggesting I would sympathise with a terrorist.

In response to this, I have received kind messages from friends, colleagues, acquaintances and even those I have never met, expressing solidarity and anger at his words.

However, others took Mr MacKenzieā€™s column as licence to manufacture a debate on whether someone like me even belongs on screen. Among them was the Guardianā€™s Roy Greenslade, who chose to cite the views of his ā€˜woman friendā€™ to give Mr MacKenzieā€™s jackbooted variety of Islamophobia some liberal credence. Meanwhile, other outlets have taken to discussing whether or not I am a 'token'.

The truth is I always pride myself on journalistic integrity regardless of who Iā€™m interviewing or what story Iā€™m covering.

That is my mission at Channel 4 News. I will not be deterred in this mission by the efforts of those who find the presence of Muslims in British cultural life offensive.

THE TRUTH? I confess. I pi**ed on Kelvin MacKenzieā€™s apparent ambitions to force anyone who looks a little different off our screens, and Iā€™ll keep doing it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fatima-manji-truth-kelvin-mackenzies-11635404

"It" doesn't deserve that woman's dignity or our time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #662: Jul 30, 2016 04:06:47 pm
      Parliamentary praise for Colin Murray's anti-shitrag stance.
      A parliamentary motion was made to support DJ Colin Murray who quit talkSPORT over it's links with the s-n.

MP Steve Rotherham's Early Day Motion expressed ''admiration for the presenter's reference and loyalty to the 96 victims of Britain's worst ever sporting disaster''.

read more:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mp-makes-motion-support-colin-11680561
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #663: Aug 02, 2016 04:47:40 pm
      Another major Liverpool supermarket stops selling copies of The S*n

Another major Liverpool supermarket has stopped selling The S*n because there is ā€œno demandā€ for it.

Tescoā€™s Allerton Road superstore has withdrawn the reviled tabloid from its shelves this week.

It comes after around 100 city shops stopped selling the newspaper in recent months because of mounting public pressure, according to campaigners.

And the ECHO earlier revealed how the Unite trade union is calling for a meeting with Sainsburyā€™s bosses after workers expressed concern about The S*n being on sale in Liverpool stores.

Asked about The S*n being pulled from the shelves of Tescoā€™s Allerton Road superstore, a spokesman said: ā€œWe stock all major local and national newspaper titles in our stores and we are always listening to the feedback that our customers give us.

ā€œIn stores where there is no demand for a particular title, that store would not receive that particular publication.ā€

The spokesman confirmed The S*n was withdrawn from sale this week.

The Total Eclipse of The S*n campaign group was set up earlier this year to pressure shops into no longer selling the newspaper.

Paul Collins and Alan Gordon, two of the founders of the movement, previously said in a statement: ā€œIn less than eight weeks we have driven The S*n newspaper out of more than 100 newsagents and establishments in Liverpool, including major supermarkets and major petrol stations.ā€

The campaign was officially endorsed by the ruling Labour group of Liverpool city council and protests have taken place outside some shops, including Morrisons in Speke and the Sainsburyā€™s store on East Prescot Road, Knotty Ash.

The S*n has been boycotted in Merseyside ever since its shameful coverage of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/another-major-liverpool-supermarket-stops-11694156
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #664: Aug 02, 2016 06:59:31 pm
      Traveling down to the Midlands today so stopped of for petrol in Wigan, they were trying to give away free copies of the rag in the garage.

Can't give that sh*t away.

should of taken them all and burned them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #665: Aug 06, 2016 09:46:43 pm
      Klopp refuse to answer journalist because he works for the Murdoch rag.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/JĆ¼rgen-klopp-refuses-answer-journalists-11714984
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #666: Aug 07, 2016 10:16:49 am
      Klopp refuse to answer journalist because he works for the Murdoch rag.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/JĆ¼rgen-klopp-refuses-answer-journalists-11714984

just love that .

Quick Reply