Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 311149 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Mar 25, 2007 02:24:35 pm
      I thought this needed posting as unbelievably yesterday I was round someones house who claims to be a fan, but had that sh!trag lying on his sofa. When I pulled him up on it, he didn't know what the problem was. So for anyone else out there who hasn't been educated properly, no more excuses after reading this post.

The boycott of The Sun goes back to April 1989, almost 18 years ago. On April 15th 1989 a disaster took place which resulted in the deaths of ninety-six Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough, the home ground of Sheffield Wednesday, during an FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. Ninety-six people had their lives crushed out of them. Many more are said to have ended their own lives since as a consequence of that disaster. A lot of injustices came out of that disaster, far too many to list here. This post concentrates on one injustice that could have been avoided or at least corrected but wasn't. A British newspaper printed lies as fact, and that newspaper or it's editor at the time still haven't made an unconditional apology for what it printed.

The front page of The Sun newspaper on the Wednesday following the disaster read as follows:

Just four days after they had lost loved ones and many had narrowly avoided death themselves, families of the victims were greeted with this headline. People that witnessed it first hand or knew someone that was there obviously didn't believe it, but the majority of people across the country didn't see it & believed what they read. As recently as our semi final against Chelsea in April I heard a comment about us 'robbing our own dead fans', so the mud has definitely stuck. This story was a complete & utter lie, and has been proved to be a lie, yet the paper or it's editor at the time Kelvin MacKenzie still haven't issued an apology over 18 years later. In November 2006 MacKenzie inflammed the situation further claiming he 'wasn't sorry then and not sorry now', which led to the protests in January 2007 during our FA Cup third round tie against Arsenal.

At the time of the tragedy Kenny Dalglish was in charge of the club. The following passage is from his autobiography relating to the lies that were printed:

The press coverage was difficult to comprehend, particularly the publication of pictures which added to people's distress. There was one photograph of two girls right up against the Leppings Lane fence, their faces pressed into the wire. Nobody knows how they escaped. They used to come to Melwood every day, looking for autographs, and that photograph upset everyone there because we knew them. After seeing that I couldn't look at the papers again.

When the Sun came out with the story about Liverpool fans being drunk and unruly, underneath a headline 'The Truth,' the reaction on Merseyside was one of complete outrage. Newsagents stopped stocking the Sun. People wouldn't mention its name. They were burning copies of it. Anyone representing the Sun was abused. Sun reporters and photographers would lie, telling people they worked for the Liverpool Post and Echo. There was a lot of harassment of them because of what had been written. The Star had gone a bit strong as well but they apologised the next day. They knew the story had no foundation. Kelvin MacKenzie, the Sun's editor, even called me up.

“How can we correct the situation?” he said.

“You know that big headline – ‘The Truth’?” I replied. “All you have to do is put ‘We lied’ in the same size. Then you might be all right.”

Mackenzie said: “I cannot do that.”

“Well,” I replied, “I cannot help you then.”

That was it. I put the phone down. Merseysiders were outraged by the Sun. A great many still are.

There is no excuse for buying or reading The Sun. None whatsoever. If you read that newspaper, or worse still you buy that newspaper, after reading this post, then you are not fit to call yourself a Red. No matter what competitions they are running. Regardless of any 'exclusives' they claim to have, even if it is the only paper left in the shop. Saying you bought it to get a £10 holiday isn't good enough. It’s really simple:

Don’t buy the Sun.

For more on the media coverage, visit http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/media.shtm or http://football.guardian.co.uk.
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2010 05:24:53 pm by JD »
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Re: Don't Buy The S*n - An Idiots Guide
      Reply #1: Mar 25, 2007 05:23:25 pm
      Well said ed personally I wouldn"t wipe my arse on it
      onece the scum always the scum
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Don't Buy The S*n - An Idiots Guide
      Reply #2: Mar 26, 2007 01:52:35 pm
      Good post.  And good sticky.  It is entirely understandable that some younger Liverpool supporters <25 (and especially if not from Merseyside) may not know the full story why that newspaper is reviled amongst Liverpool supporters.

Now you have no excuses.

'Don't buy The Sun'
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Don't Buy The S*n - The Guide
      Reply #3: Mar 26, 2007 03:03:28 pm
      The S*n is the worst paper in the world, shame I don't live in Liverpool because everyone buys that piece of sh*te down here.

DON'T BUY THE S*N
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2007 03:04:20 pm by Ra Ra Rafa »
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #4: Mar 26, 2007 03:31:04 pm
      i never knew that the s  n said them lies i wont be reading it any more now
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5: Mar 26, 2007 06:51:53 pm
      well i didnt really know the full story behind it all, just never bought it or read because my dad drilled it into me to not bring it home or read it...EVER. Scumbags.
      youngbuck86
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #6: Mar 30, 2007 12:56:06 pm
      Hi All

I have never posted before but have been a member for a while, I live in Scotland and have Supported Liverpool all my life-my grandfather was a pool fan and bought me my first top when i was a todler, coming from Glasgow it's unusual to solely support a team outwith the old firm (celtic and rangers).

anyway i just wanna say that even though i was a bairn when the disaster occured my grandad has explained it all to me and it still puts a lump in the back of the throat when all the clippings and experinces are read- i'm just stunned as to how a public newspaper got away with lies! it's more than disrespectful it's just disgusting!

so i know i'm not from Liverpool but my grandfather and I are like thousands of other fully behind the Justice campaign.

my apologies if i have rambled.....my first post!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Mar 30, 2007 12:59:53 pm
      Hi All

I have never posted before but have been a member for a while, I live in Scotland and have Supported Liverpool all my life-my grandfather was a pool fan and bought me my first top when I was a todler, coming from Glasgow it's unusual to solely support a team outwith the old firm (celtic and rangers).

anyway I just wanna say that even though I was a bairn when the disaster occured my grandad has explained it all to me and it still puts a lump in the back of the throat when all the clippings and experinces are read- I'm just stunned as to how a public newspaper got away with lies! it's more than disrespectful it's just disgusting!

so I know I'm not from Liverpool but my grandfather and I are like thousands of other fully behind the Justice campaign.

my apologies if I have rambled.....my first post!

And a fine first post it is, welcome mate the more the word is spread against that rag that masquerades as a newspaper the better.
      Also cheers Eddie for the thread.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2007 01:00:24 pm by Glenbuck »
      Thunderlara
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 107 posts |
      Reply #8: Apr 02, 2007 10:16:57 pm
      I don´t even live in England, i live in The Netherlands............b ut still hate the s*n
      Luckily nobody i know reads it

I´m just turned 18 and was born a couple of weeks before it happend
      So i never quite heard the story
      I just learned about somewhere in January this year
      It had and still has a major impact on me
      I went mad when i read it.....................h ow could people do such things
      I know it´s a paper but they just crossed the line

I still here people talkin about Liverpool and how bad our fans are and bad club  etc.
      And i think that has a lot to do with what´s been written then

Like scallyon said:personally I wouldn"t wipe my arse on it
      I´d even protect strangers readin it
      my hate for that paper is Abnormal

So for everyone who didn´t understand

Don’t buy the S*n.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Apr 03, 2007 12:25:38 am
      Well said Thunderlara!

Don't Buy The S*n!!!

And Youngbuck86! You didn't ramble at all mate!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: Apr 04, 2007 11:08:57 am
      Didn't read the whole article on Sky Sports before anyone says anything before I post.
      Any way, I went on to www.skysports.com and went on to the Liverpool section and it had a quote from Rafa over last nights game. It rambled on for 1 or 2 lines. But then it said something like 'Benitez told the Sun'.
      I clicked off it right away but I thought to myself. Did he really give his thoughts and opinions to the newspaper that we despise the most?
      Confusing stuff.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Apr 05, 2007 07:53:52 pm
      Didn't read the whole article on Sky Sports before anyone says anything before I post.
      Any way, I went on to www.skysports.com and went on to the Liverpool section and it had a quote from Rafa over last nights game. It rambled on for 1 or 2 lines. But then it said something like 'Benitez told the S*n'.
      I clicked off it right away but I thought to myself. Did he really give his thoughts and opinions to the newspaper that we despise the most?
      Confusing stuff.

No mate I'm sure the story is given out on mass to reporters but because Sky have links with the s*n they quote the story from them.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #12: Apr 09, 2007 11:56:43 pm
      I read in another newspaper today that The sh*t have re-hired Fatboy McKenzie as a columnist on their paper.

Back together again - they deserve each other.

As far as I am concerned this is another prime example of that paper sticking two fingers up at us.

DON'T BUY THE RAG.
      the faith healer
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts | 16 
      Reply #13: Apr 10, 2007 09:58:37 am
      A surprising number of people seem unaware of the boycott of The Sun by supporters of Liverpool Football Club. Some don't seem to know it is boycotted, others don't know why. Some people rather disturbingly know why the boycott exists but still choose to buy it.

If you choose to continue to buy The Sun after reading this article, and the articles it links to, then you ought to stop calling yourself a Liverpool supporter. Collect any shirts or scarves you have, and hand them in to a charity shop. In fact you can't really call yourself a football supporter. The lies printed in The Sun that you will read about below were aimed at Liverpool supporters, people from Liverpool, people from the North of England, football supporters of any club. If you fall into any of those categories you certainly shouldn't be buying, reading, or visiting the website of that newspaper. If you are a decent human being you will be steering clear of it from now on, even if you've not done so before.

If you buy the paper regularly already, print off all of this information, and save your money tomorrow. Read these articles instead. If you still want to buy that paper the following day I would be surprised.

The boycott of The Sun goes back to April 1989. At the time of writing that is almost 17 years ago. On April 15th 1989 a disaster took place which resulted in the deaths of ninety-six Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough, the home ground of Sheffield Wednesday, during an FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. Ninety-six people had their lives crushed out of them. Many more are said to have ended their own lives since as a consequence of that disaster. A lot of injustices came out of that disaster, far too many to list here. For more information visit the Hillsborough Justice Campaign website at http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough and please try to support them.

This article concentrates on one piece of injustice that could so easily have been avoided. That could so easily have been made a little better, if not fixed, in the intervening years. Lies were printed as fact in a British newspaper, and that newspaper has still not made an unconditional apology for what it printed. Its editor of the time has never made an unconditional apology in all of that time.

The Sun is now boycotted by Reds fansThe headlines and sub-headlines on the front page of The Sun newspaper on the Wednesday following the disaster were as follows:

“The Truth.
      Some fans picked pockets of victims
      Some fans urinated on the brave cops
      Some fans beat up PC giving kiss of life.”

So just four days after their loved ones had died, four days after they had narrowly escaped death themselves, Liverpool supporters were confronted with those headlines. People actually believed those headlines. Those who were there did not believe the headlines of course, nor did those who knew people who had been there. Unfortunately though a lot of people did believe those headlines; people who were not Liverpool supporters, perhaps supporters of another team or people who did not follow football at all. The headlines sewed seeds in so many people’s minds that the 96 supporters died at the hands of their own kind. All lies, all proven to be lies, yet never put right by that publication.

For more on the media coverage, visit http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/media.shtm,
      http://football.guardian.co.uk and Wikipedia .

The Wikipedia article says: “The story accompanying these headlines claimed that ‘drunken Liverpool fans viciously attacked rescue workers as they tried to revive victims’ and ‘police officers, firemen and ambulance crew were punched, kicked and urinated upon’. A quote, attributed to an unnamed policeman, claimed that a dead girl had been abused and that Liverpool fans ‘were openly urinating on us and the bodies of the dead’.”

Read that last bit again, it really was printed in a national newspaper.

Liverpool legend and the manager of the club at the time Kenny Dalglish was greatly affected by the tragedy.  He attended numerous funerals and visited people in hospital, some of whom were in comas; he spent time with those that had lost their loved ones. In his autobiography he talks about the Disaster and recalls the media coverage:

“The press coverage was difficult to comprehend, particularly the publication of pictures which added to people's distress. There was one photograph of two girls right up against the Leppings Lane fence, their faces pressed into the wire. Nobody knows how they escaped. They used to come to Melwood every day, looking for autographs, and that photograph upset everyone there because we knew them. After seeing that I couldn't look at the papers again.

When the Sun came out with the story about Liverpool fans being drunk and unruly, underneath a headline 'The Truth,' the reaction on Merseyside was one of complete outrage. Newsagents stopped stocking the Sun. People wouldn't mention its name. They were burning copies of it. Anyone representing the Sun was abused. Sun reporters and photographers would lie, telling people they worked for the Liverpool Post and Echo. There was a lot of harassment of them because of what had been written. The Star had gone a bit strong as well but they apologised the next day. They knew the story had no foundation. Kelvin MacKenzie, the Sun's editor, even called me up.

“How can we correct the situation?” he said.

“You know that big headline – ‘The Truth’?” I replied. “All you have to do is put ‘We lied’ in the same size. Then you might be all right.”

Mackenzie said: “I cannot do that.”

“Well,” I replied, “I cannot help you then.”

That was it. I put the phone down. Merseysiders were outraged by the Sun. A great many still are.

There is no excuse for buying or reading The Sun. None whatsoever. If you read that newspaper, or worse still you buy that newspaper, after reading this article and those other articles that are linked to, then you are not fit to call yourself a Red. If you support another team, you should still be able to see why that newspaper should be boycotted. No matter what competitions they are running. Regardless of any “exclusives” they claim to have, even if it is the only paper left in the shop. Saying you bought it to get some tokens to help your daughter’s school to buy a new computer is not going to get you off the hook. It’s really simple:

Don’t buy the Sun.
      andy b
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 11, 2007 02:20:23 pm
      Yes, It's very strange that people dont know the history between us and the sun, I thought every fan would know even if they're too young to remember it, every parent should be telling their kids from the day they're born.....DONT BUY THE SUN
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #15: Apr 11, 2007 10:44:59 pm
      spot on andy m8, every parent should pass on the info to their kids etc.
      so the sh*t sun never sells another bag of lies ever again.
      are people so fickle and forgetful?
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #16: Apr 13, 2007 11:24:53 am
      I may not be from England and may not have access to the Sun but I as a die hard Liverpool supporter am strongly supporting the cause.. Justice for the 96!

In my place we do have sensational newspapers as well, they publish "sensationalized" stories to get people to buy them. I have gotten it into myself never to buy these papers. Btw, we do have a newspaper here also called The Sun, however it is probably the most balanced and thought provoking publication in this country! What a contrast!

Anyways, back to the topic, mates in the UK, don't buy The Sun!
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 13, 2007 12:53:30 pm

Please would you publish the following information as we have had alot of fans getting confused.
      Many thanks
      Anna Jameson - Hope for Hillsborough

It has come to my attention that there is alot of confusion over the HJC group and myself Anne Williams. I am aware that my information, progress, case work, book availability and fight for justice is on the HJC site on a large scale. I need to clearly state that I am independant of this group. I resigned in January 2006 with a very clear and poignant resignation letter that will remain private to the HJC group. Please understand, I do not wish to boycott them in any shape or formmerely to make readers and supporters aware that although I obviously support the survivors and bereaved familiesof Hillsborough ( I am one of them after all), unfortunately I have had to go it alone so to speak for some reasons following below;
      1. The crucial evidence uncovered which will show the crux of the lies and mistakes of Hillsborough has allowed me to access the European Court of Human Rights but as yet, they only find enough evidence for this to apply to my deceased son Kevin. This means as a group, we could not continue together. Sadly as no other case is yet to reach Europe for it' final chance.

2. Funding for the above was not available via the HJC group so fundraising events, my book 'When you walk through the storm' and badges are what will be providing the funds for the fight for justice for my son Kevin and hopefully then paving the way for the other 95.

I re-iterate again, the information provided on the HJC site or at the shop is out of date and I have repeatedly asked for it all to be removed so as not to confuse anyone. Any queries, orders for books,badges or donations need to be requestd via myself annewilliams96@btinternet.com or annajameson@tiscali.co.uk (known on the sites as AJ-Hope for Hillsborough). I will not receive any information or orders or donations if they are sent elsewhere. They should be made payable to Hope for Hillsborough.
      This will then assist in fees for my fight for justice in the European Courts hopefully then allowing the Hillsborough tragedy to be uncovered and dealt with properly and legally. It is down to me now as per my previous press release. All I can say is "YES I GOT HIM INTO EUROPE. BRING ON THE JUSTICE FOR KEVIN, JUSTICE FOR THE 96.  Kevins case is the only one that has evidence for a right to life which is how the European courts will be dealing with Hillsborough, the cover up and the lies. I am proud I have got this far hence running the Hope for Hillsborough group independant from others to deal solely with this issue and continued fight for justice which I rely on Europe for after no success for anyone of the 96 in this country.
      Thank you all kindly for all the support you have shown so far.
      YNWA JFT96
      annewilliams96@btinternet.com
      annajameson@tiscali.co.uk
      www.hopeforhillsborough. com

HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH

WILLIAMS VS THE UNITED KINGDOM

Dear All,

It has been 17 years since 96 people, including my lovely son Kevin, sadly lost their lives at the Hillsborough football disaster and still the fight for justice continues. At the inquests, the coroner imposed a 3.15 pm cut off time stating that all 96 would have been dead or brain dead by that time, so no evidence was heard after that time when Hillsborough was at its worst.

Over the years I have tracked down everybody who helped Kevin that day and to my horror found out that Kevin was not dead by 3.15pm. He died at 4pm in the arms of a police lady calling for his MUM. When the pathologist explained Kevin’s injuries to the jury, he told them that Kevin was the worst of all the 96. I was horrified as I had said goodbye to Kevin and he looked lovely. He just looked asleep; there were no facial markings on him. I consulted a forensic pathologist who told me Kevin did not die from traumatic asphyxia and would not have been dead or brain dead by 3.15pm. Kevin would have been able to speak the word MUM and he would have survived up till 4pm that day when he died in the arms of the police lady. Kevin could have been saved all he needed was oxygen.

Kevin did not fit into the 3.15pm cut off time so witness statements were changed. I was told lies about my son’s injuries. I then decided to take the system on. I cannot live with all the lies just to protect their own, what I cannot come to terms with is the way the families of the dead and the survivors have been treated.

Myself and five other families went for a judicial review in 1993 opposing the 3.15pm cut off time for the 96, but we were not successful. My numerous submissions to the Attorney General asking him to give me a new inquest into the death of my son Kevin have been refused.

Roger Cook presented Kevin’s case in a documentary and helped me uncover more of the Hillsborough cover up, including witnesses that had never been called to give evidence either at the Taylor inquiry or the inquests. These witnesses would have been able to tell the jury at the inquests that people were still alive at the 3.15pm cut off point. Tony Edwards, an ambulance man who the police said was never at Hillsborough, was able to tell me how the police cordoned him off at 3.37pm that day when he had orders to go straight to Lapping Lane as there were fatalities. Tony moved through the cordon and went straight to the goal at Lapping Lane. There were 42 ambulances behind him and they did not follow. People were alive and dying at this time. Tony was horrified, he told the fans to take their friends down to the Penn stone end of the ground, as there were ambulances to help their friends.

Myself and the families of the 96 were always led to believe that they could not get ambulances on the ground due to ramps but Tony tells a different tale. The West Midland police had changed the police lady’s statement and suppressed evidence at Kevin’s inquest. When I submitted the new evidence to the Attorney General, I was again refused. The barristers who had waivered their fees many times have always told me that if Kevin gets his inquest then it will open the floodgates.

The new Labour government promised the Hillsborough families a scrutiny into the events of that day. We were told we could submit any new evidence to Judge Stuart Smith and he would send it to the relevant department. Yet again, the families were stitched up and given no answers. The evidence was just twisted and turned. We had reached the end of the road legally, with nowhere to go.

I decided to write a book to let people know what extremes the system would go to cover up their own mistakes and protect the people who were to blame for Hillsborough. This was my justice; I had not failed my son, though the system had. The truth of what they did to Kevin and the other 95 who died with him will always be there.

Then my solicitor contacted me to tell me about the new European ruling ‘The Right to Life’ which related to Kevin’s case. This is what my solicitor, my barrister and I have been pursuing for the past 4 years. Our first move was to submit all the evidence in this country to give them another chance to give us justice; but again the system failed.

On the 12th August this year I submitted all the evidence to the European court of Human Rights under Section 2 of the Human Rights Act, The Right to Life. Kevin died in the hands of the state and is entitled to a thorough investigation into how he died. As the next of kin, I have the right to a full investigation into how my son died, these rights have been repeatedly denied due to the 3.15pm cut off time.

Europe is the last chance for any sort of justice, I have heard from the courts and they are now looking at Kevin’s case. I have sent all the evidence that I have uncovered over the years, evidence from some of the highest forensic pathologists suggesting that Kevin would not have died by 3.15pm and would be alive today if oxygen had been supplied. I have sent evidence that West Midland Police interfered with witness statements and suppressed vital evidence. I tracked all the Liverpool fans that carried Kevin that day, I just hope that Europe will now give us justice.

We sell badges at £2.00 each plus £1.00P&P. Copies of ‘When you walk through the storm’ are £9.99 plus £2.00 P&P. I am aware there has been a shortage of this book but I can assure you it is now back in print. Unfortunately, the web site is still in the process of being created. There is so much documentation it is taking longer than anticipated. With the help of some kind friends, I will be resolving this shortly. My follow on book ‘ I never walked alone’ will not be published until I get the result from Europe. The system has failed the 96 who died, the families and the Liverpool fans. It is about time the real truth of the cover up comes out! Please support the ‘Hope for Hillsborough’.

EMAIL ADDRESSES; annewilliams96@btinternet.com

Kind Regards

Anne Williams

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #18: May 02, 2007 11:12:00 pm
      Just saw their front page for tomorrow on the news.

Apparently Pepe Reina's porsche being stolen is the biggest news item for it's readers to read tomorrow.

Arseholes.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #19: May 02, 2007 11:27:23 pm

Please would you publish the following information as we have had alot of fans getting confused.
      Many thanks
      Anna Jameson - Hope for Hillsborough

It has come to my attention that there is alot of confusion over the HJC group and myself Anne Williams. I am aware that my information, progress, case work, book availability and fight for justice is on the HJC site on a large scale. I need to clearly state that I am independant of this group. I resigned in January 2006 with a very clear and poignant resignation letter that will remain private to the HJC group. Please understand, I do not wish to boycott them in any shape or formmerely to make readers and supporters aware that although I obviously support the survivors and bereaved familiesof Hillsborough ( I am one of them after all), unfortunately I have had to go it alone so to speak for some reasons following below;
      1. The crucial evidence uncovered which will show the crux of the lies and mistakes of Hillsborough has allowed me to access the European Court of Human Rights but as yet, they only find enough evidence for this to apply to my deceased son Kevin. This means as a group, we could not continue together. Sadly as no other case is yet to reach Europe for it' final chance.

2. Funding for the above was not available via the HJC group so fundraising events, my book 'When you walk through the storm' and badges are what will be providing the funds for the fight for justice for my son Kevin and hopefully then paving the way for the other 95.

I re-iterate again, the information provided on the HJC site or at the shop is out of date and I have repeatedly asked for it all to be removed so as not to confuse anyone. Any queries, orders for books,badges or donations need to be requestd via myself annewilliams96@btinternet.com or annajameson@tiscali.co.uk (known on the sites as AJ-Hope for Hillsborough). I will not receive any information or orders or donations if they are sent elsewhere. They should be made payable to Hope for Hillsborough.
      This will then assist in fees for my fight for justice in the European Courts hopefully then allowing the Hillsborough tragedy to be uncovered and dealt with properly and legally. It is down to me now as per my previous press release. All I can say is "YES I GOT HIM INTO EUROPE. BRING ON THE JUSTICE FOR KEVIN, JUSTICE FOR THE 96.  Kevins case is the only one that has evidence for a right to life which is how the European courts will be dealing with Hillsborough, the cover up and the lies. I am proud I have got this far hence running the Hope for Hillsborough group independant from others to deal solely with this issue and continued fight for justice which I rely on Europe for after no success for anyone of the 96 in this country.
      Thank you all kindly for all the support you have shown so far.
      YNWA JFT96
      annewilliams96@btinternet.com
      www.hopeforhillsborough. com

HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH

WILLIAMS VS THE UNITED KINGDOM

Dear All,

It has been 17 years since 96 people, including my lovely son Kevin, sadly lost their lives at the Hillsborough football disaster and still the fight for justice continues. At the inquests, the coroner imposed a 3.15 pm cut off time stating that all 96 would have been dead or brain dead by that time, so no evidence was heard after that time when Hillsborough was at its worst.

Over the years I have tracked down everybody who helped Kevin that day and to my horror found out that Kevin was not dead by 3.15pm. He died at 4pm in the arms of a police lady calling for his MUM. When the pathologist explained Kevin’s injuries to the jury, he told them that Kevin was the worst of all the 96. I was horrified as I had said goodbye to Kevin and he looked lovely. He just looked asleep; there were no facial markings on him. I consulted a forensic pathologist who told me Kevin did not die from traumatic asphyxia and would not have been dead or brain dead by 3.15pm. Kevin would have been able to speak the word MUM and he would have survived up till 4pm that day when he died in the arms of the police lady. Kevin could have been saved all he needed was oxygen.

Kevin did not fit into the 3.15pm cut off time so witness statements were changed. I was told lies about my son’s injuries. I then decided to take the system on. I cannot live with all the lies just to protect their own, what I cannot come to terms with is the way the families of the dead and the survivors have been treated.

Myself and five other families went for a judicial review in 1993 opposing the 3.15pm cut off time for the 96, but we were not successful. My numerous submissions to the Attorney General asking him to give me a new inquest into the death of my son Kevin have been refused.

Roger Cook presented Kevin’s case in a documentary and helped me uncover more of the Hillsborough cover up, including witnesses that had never been called to give evidence either at the Taylor inquiry or the inquests. These witnesses would have been able to tell the jury at the inquests that people were still alive at the 3.15pm cut off point. Tony Edwards, an ambulance man who the police said was never at Hillsborough, was able to tell me how the police cordoned him off at 3.37pm that day when he had orders to go straight to Lapping Lane as there were fatalities. Tony moved through the cordon and went straight to the goal at Lapping Lane. There were 42 ambulances behind him and they did not follow. People were alive and dying at this time. Tony was horrified, he told the fans to take their friends down to the Penn stone end of the ground, as there were ambulances to help their friends.

Myself and the families of the 96 were always led to believe that they could not get ambulances on the ground due to ramps but Tony tells a different tale. The West Midland police had changed the police lady’s statement and suppressed evidence at Kevin’s inquest. When I submitted the new evidence to the Attorney General, I was again refused. The barristers who had waivered their fees many times have always told me that if Kevin gets his inquest then it will open the floodgates.

The new Labour government promised the Hillsborough families a scrutiny into the events of that day. We were told we could submit any new evidence to Judge Stuart Smith and he would send it to the relevant department. Yet again, the families were stitched up and given no answers. The evidence was just twisted and turned. We had reached the end of the road legally, with nowhere to go.

I decided to write a book to let people know what extremes the system would go to cover up their own mistakes and protect the people who were to blame for Hillsborough. This was my justice; I had not failed my son, though the system had. The truth of what they did to Kevin and the other 95 who died with him will always be there.

Then my solicitor contacted me to tell me about the new European ruling ‘The Right to Life’ which related to Kevin’s case. This is what my solicitor, my barrister and I have been pursuing for the past 4 years. Our first move was to submit all the evidence in this country to give them another chance to give us justice; but again the system failed.

On the 12th August this year I submitted all the evidence to the European court of Human Rights under Section 2 of the Human Rights Act, The Right to Life. Kevin died in the hands of the state and is entitled to a thorough investigation into how he died. As the next of kin, I have the right to a full investigation into how my son died, these rights have been repeatedly denied due to the 3.15pm cut off time.

Europe is the last chance for any sort of justice, I have heard from the courts and they are now looking at Kevin’s case. I have sent all the evidence that I have uncovered over the years, evidence from some of the highest forensic pathologists suggesting that Kevin would not have died by 3.15pm and would be alive today if oxygen had been supplied. I have sent evidence that West Midland Police interfered with witness statements and suppressed vital evidence. I tracked all the Liverpool fans that carried Kevin that day, I just hope that Europe will now give us justice.

We sell badges at £2.00 each plus £1.00P&P. Copies of ‘When you walk through the storm’ are £9.99 plus £2.00 P&P. I am aware there has been a shortage of this book but I can assure you it is now back in print. Unfortunately, the web site is still in the process of being created. There is so much documentation it is taking longer than anticipated. With the help of some kind friends, I will be resolving this shortly. My follow on book ‘ I never walked alone’ will not be published until I get the result from Europe. The system has failed the 96 who died, the families and the Liverpool fans. It is about time the real truth of the cover up comes out! Please support the ‘Hope for Hillsborough’.

EMAIL ADDRESSES; annewilliams96@btinternet.com

Kind Regards

Anne Williams

I know it's only a little token Anne but I have ordered your book. Shall read it & comment a piece on my blog. My thoughts go out to you.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20: May 03, 2007 04:10:13 pm
      I'm ashamed to say I didn't know about this Sun thing until I read it on this forum. I'm even more ashamed to say my Dad buys the Sun on a Saturday, and sometimes in the week if there is a big game on. I think he just reads the sports news tbh. I can't stop him from buying it, he's that kind of person, but last Saturday (when we had Pompey away) he was in bed with a hangover and I went up the shop (hairdresser's) to see my mum and she asked if Dad was up. When I said no she asked me to get him the newspapers he usually gets on a Saturday - Mirror, Sun, and Times (for Mum hehe) I said I'll get two but not the Sun. And I didn't. I won't read it now unless there's no Mirror to read, and then I'll only read the sports section just to read rumours, team news, match reports and that.

Sorry :( And sorry for rambling.

(Weird, just said to my mum "enjoy the sun" but because she's sat out the back ;) )
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #21: May 03, 2007 04:47:56 pm
      I'm ashamed to say I didn't know about this S*n thing until I read it on this forum. I'm even more ashamed to say my Dad buys the S*n on a Saturday, and sometimes in the week if there is a big game on. I think he just reads the sports news tbh. I can't stop him from buying it, he's that kind of person, but last Saturday (when we had Pompey away) he was in bed with a hangover and I went up the shop (hairdresser's) to see my mum and she asked if Dad was up. When I said no she asked me to get him the newspapers he usually gets on a Saturday - Mirror, S*n, and Times (for Mum hehe) I said I'll get two but not the S*n. And I didn't. I won't read it now unless there's no Mirror to read, and then I'll only read the sports section just to read rumours, team news, match reports and that.

Sorry :( And sorry for rambling.

(Weird, just said to my mum "enjoy the S*n" but because she's sat out the back ;) )

Nicola, there really is no excuse. I was in the pub yesterday & there was one newspaper in their rack, I pulled it out & it was the S*n. I didn't read a newspaper yesterday, simple as that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #22: May 03, 2007 06:09:25 pm
      It's quite simple if you're a Liverpool supporter you do not line the pockets of the organisation that pissed on the families of the 96 Liverpool supporters who were killed at Hillsborough.

I wouldn't even touch the newspaper to wipe my arse with.

Quick Reply