Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 311172 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide
      Reply #782: Aug 25, 2020 12:01:18 pm
      Katie Hopkins had an article published in The Sun only a couple of years ago where she compared refugees crossing the channel to cockroaches and urged the government to send in gunships to kill them. I'd say that was pretty openly racist

If I recall she was swiftly removed from the Sun after that and condemned by almost everyone for those comments.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #783: Aug 25, 2020 12:22:39 pm
      If I recall she was swiftly removed from the Sun after that and condemned by almost everyone for those comments.

Nobody at the Sun seemingly had a problem with the piece before it went to print. These articles don't just magically end up in the paper - they have to go through a chain of proof-readers, editors etc before they hit the press, so it's certainly an example of a major publication being openly racist. They only took action after the backlash to save their skin
      Kopite78
      Reply #784: Aug 25, 2020 12:40:51 pm
      You do need to if you want to back up your point, otherwise most people might think you are just talking sh*te, again!.

Just to clarify I am in no way disputing that the tabloids are horrible and disgusting, I am just disputing that any major publication is openly racist or homophobic these days, a claim you made which you are unwilling or unable to back up.

I think it's not a stretch to say that the likes of the Mail are openly xenophobic when it came to some of their headlines surrounding Brexit

Deny it or bury your head in the sand if you like but they're
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #785: Aug 25, 2020 01:21:03 pm
      I think it's not a stretch to say that the likes of the Mail are openly xenophobic when it came to some of their headlines surrounding Brexit

Deny it or bury your head in the sand if you like but they're

ok you may have a bit of a point there with the xenophobia, although I think it was more anti EU than anti foreigner.
      Kopite78
      Reply #786: Aug 25, 2020 01:24:11 pm
      ok you may have a bit of a point there with the xenophobia, although I think it was more anti EU than anti foreigner.

You cant be xenophobic against an organisation

You can be against groups of people, there are loads in this country unfortunately

Theres a fair few on here
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #787: Aug 25, 2020 04:10:18 pm
      You do need to if you want to back up your point, otherwise most people might think you are just talking sh*te, again!.

Just to clarify I am in no way disputing that the tabloids are horrible and disgusting, I am just disputing that any major publication is openly racist or homophobic these days, a claim you made which you are unwilling or unable to back up.

I didn't actually use the words openly racist or homophobic, I referenced the mail's and sun behaviour towards the city of Liverpool, the only one who mentioned openly racist and homophobic was you, hence why I wouldn't answer your gobs***e questions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #788: Aug 25, 2020 04:17:33 pm
      Nobody at the Sun seemingly had a problem with the piece before it went to print. These articles don't just magically end up in the paper - they have to go through a chain of proof-readers, editors etc before they hit the press, so it's certainly an example of a major publication being openly racist. They only took action after the backlash to save their skin

And ends up being used as policy by the current incumbents in govt, hence Priti F***ing Prattle and the idea of the Royal Navy in the channel chasing migrant boats.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #789: Jan 16, 2021 04:18:58 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #790: Jan 16, 2021 05:02:30 pm
      I'll say it again, hate the Murdoch's all you want but Hillsborough and the sun's involvement has F**k all to do with them.

It's has and always be with the c**t Kelvin F***ing Mackenzie.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #791: Feb 19, 2021 04:47:28 pm
      Hit a milestone post by asking all reds to never forget and never forgive what that rag and mckenzie done, never.

And if you see fools dressed head to toe in Liverpool gear reading it fuc*ing tell them to sort themselves out and it still goes on.

The 96 always in our thoughts.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #792: Feb 19, 2021 10:33:31 pm
      I'll say it again, hate the Murdoch's all you want but Hillsborough and the sun's involvement has f**k all to do with them.

It's has and always be with the c**t Kelvin f**king Mackenzie.

Mackenzie is a maggot, but he could never pull a move to displease his bosses without being immediately fired. The Suns coverage of Hillsborough was revenge for Militant Labour. Billionaire media moguls tend to frown on whispers of egalitarianism, Mackenzie was just one in any number of replaceable attack dogs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #793: Feb 20, 2021 04:39:44 pm
      Mackenzie is a maggot, but he could never pull a move to displease his bosses without being immediately fired. The Suns coverage of Hillsborough was revenge for Militant Labour. Billionaire media moguls tend to frown on whispers of egalitarianism, Mackenzie was just one in any number of replaceable attack dogs.

But the actual thing that outraged us was the headline "The Truth" that was all Mackenzie.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #794: Jan 18, 2022 05:31:13 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #796: Jan 20, 2022 11:04:00 pm
      I'll say it again, hate the Murdoch's all you want but Hillsborough and the sun's involvement has f**k all to do with them.

It's has and always be with the c**t Kelvin f**king Mackenzie.

it seems odd to hate people you have never met and as a man and as a journalist his reputation is shot but the BBC still use the c**t I want him to burn in hell very slowly and I hope his journey there is long slow and painful
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #797: Apr 15, 2022 04:21:17 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #798: Apr 15, 2022 04:25:58 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #799: Jan 14, 2024 06:06:38 pm
      Had a WhatsApp earlier of what the rag posted about the Bolton game yesterday in which a fan was taken ill and game was abandoned. Fan actually passed away.

Headline in the rag "footie binned...over I'll fan"

It really is a nasty, shitty rag.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #800: Jan 14, 2024 07:57:13 pm
      Had a WhatsApp earlier of what the rag posted about the Bolton game yesterday in which a fan was taken ill and game was abandoned. Fan actually passed away.

Headline in the rag "footie binned...over I'll fan"

It really is a nasty, shitty rag.

It amazes me in this day and age people still actually buy that rag.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #801: Jan 14, 2024 08:07:23 pm
      It amazes me in this day and age people still actually buy that rag.

Appeals to the masses unfortunately and even worse is they have some sort of say when it comes to elections- those without the ability to think follow blindly whatever the scum say

Quick Reply