Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Don't Buy The Sun - The Guide

Read 311120 times
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: Don't Buy The S*n - The Guide
      Reply #23: May 03, 2007 06:12:19 pm
      Okay. I won't read it again, ever. My Dad won't stop buying it though (I think he may be more stubbourn than me :o) please don't hate me for that. He just doesn't understand.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #24: May 03, 2007 06:19:53 pm
      Okay. I won't read it again, ever. My Dad won't stop buying it though (I think he may be more stubbourn than me :o) please don't hate me for that. He just doesn't understand.

Is he a Liverpool fan too? If he is, just print off this topic & show it to him. Somehow I doubt he is though, most older Liverpool fans know all about the boycott.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: May 03, 2007 06:29:11 pm
      He is, I dunno why he doesn't boycott. But with his personality I understand like. He wont vote "cos it won't make a difference". One of those kindof people. He thinks that 1 person making a change doesn't make a difference  ::)

I'm home next Thursday, so I'll print it off then and tell him to read it :) (Left my printer at home cos couldn't be bothered to fix it ;D)
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Reply #26: May 09, 2007 06:40:49 pm
      I wasnt born when the tradgedy happened. I am from Ireland but I never knew anything about the THE LIES told in the s*n until the Arsenal game earlier on in the season.I know all about the History and traditions of the club and have been to many games but this I hidden from public and they should be made aware of this.

This wasnt exaggeration but blatant  LIES told by the s*n and no apology was made and  if there was it wouldnt of mattered what was said was meant

The Truth for the 96

YNWA
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2007 06:49:04 pm by koolkidda »
      Athens 07
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #27: May 10, 2007 01:57:26 pm
      JUSTICE 4 96
      YNWA
      we will never forget makenzie u tw*t
      magic5
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #28: May 15, 2007 07:41:28 pm
      JUSTICE 4 96
      YNWA
      we will never forget makenzie u tw*t
      well said makenzie is the biggest bullshitter ever and all that he said he needs shootin and i would'nt mind doin it.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #29: May 16, 2007 03:15:41 pm
      I'm ashamed to say I didn't know about this S*n thing until I read it on this forum. I'm even more ashamed to say my Dad buys the S*n on a Saturday, and sometimes in the week if there is a big game on. I think he just reads the sports news tbh. I can't stop him from buying it, he's that kind of person, but last Saturday (when we had Pompey away) he was in bed with a hangover and I went up the shop (hairdresser's) to see my mum and she asked if Dad was up. When I said no she asked me to get him the newspapers he usually gets on a Saturday - Mirror, S*n, and Times (for Mum hehe) I said I'll get two but not the S*n. And I didn't. I won't read it now unless there's no Mirror to read, and then I'll only read the sports section just to read rumours, team news, match reports and that.

Sorry :( And sorry for rambling.

(Weird, just said to my mum "enjoy the S*n" but because she's sat out the back ;) )

Sorry if this sounds harsh , but your post really pissed me off. how can you contradict yourself so much? only read it if theres no mirror , only read the sport . THERE IS NO EXCUSE. dont ever have that F***ing rag in ur house ever again. i cant stand having is near me to be honest. The other day i was in the soccerbus getting dropped off at anfield and to my horror i seen the s*n in the F***ing drivers window , i mean WTF. I let him know what i thought and he was ashamed.(quite right so)
      Thats one problem i find with out of towners , they just dont understand what it is to b a scouser and be judged by thousnads if not millions of people because of stuff like that piece of scum.

sorry it was my second post or sumthing , just thought it needed to be said.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #30: May 16, 2007 03:51:44 pm
      Sorry if this sounds harsh , but your post really pissed me off. how can you contradict yourself so much? only read it if theres no mirror , only read the sport . THERE IS NO EXCUSE. dont ever have that f***ing rag in ur house ever again. I cant stand having is near me to be honest. The other day I was in the soccerbus getting dropped off at anfield and to my horror I seen the s*n in the f***ing drivers window , I mean WTF. I let him know what I thought and he was ashamed.(quite right so)
      Thats one problem I find with out of towners , they just dont understand what it is to b a scouser and be judged by thousnads if not millions of people because of stuff like that piece of scum.

sorry it was my second post or sumthing , just thought it needed to be said.

Oi! Leave our Nic alone

Seriously mate, as you said it's your second post, attacking regular posters won't win you any friends. If you look back through the topic you'll see that myself & JD have already raised the point with her, and she now realises the full implications & won't be reading that paper anymore.

As for out of towners not understanding, I'm from the south, have been all my life, and have never lived in Liverpool. Now have a look who started this topic. You're complaining about being judged as a scouser, yet in the same sentence you're judging all non-scousers, quite hypocritical really.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2007 03:54:13 pm by EddieC »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: May 16, 2007 04:53:50 pm
      Hehe thanks for sticking up for me Eddie :)
      I was just gonna reply to say I know the story more now, I didn't really know it before, so I don't read it.
      Although I didn't get to print that thing out for my Dad, will do it in the summer. I'm afraid he might not definitely stop buying it, but I for one ain't gonna read it ever again ever!
      But if he asks me to go get his papers, if he decides to keep buying The sun, I won't get it, just The Mirror. Hah.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #32: May 17, 2007 06:16:22 pm
      LazB07 - I agree with your post to an extent.  It did annoy me the first time had read Nic's post but I think education is the best approach forward.  I for one, would like the next time Nicola and her dad visit Anfield for her dad to bring that paper with him and see what kind of reaction he gets.

The Sun newspaper made personal attacks against the City of Liverpool, not just its fans, and that is why Scousers  (like myself) revile it that bit more than, as you say, the OOT's.  But that's not the full story as EddieC proves.

It's a scum paper, and as long as we continue to post messages like this (bearing in mind it was 18 years ago and we still talk about it so passionately) then we are doing the right thing and informing younger fans, and fans that maybe don't live as local as some of us.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2007 06:17:26 pm by JD »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: May 17, 2007 07:06:46 pm
      You want my dad to get properly beaten up? Surely that's what would happen.
      What's an OOT? ???
      I'm sorry, on behalf of my Dad, and myself, that he reads the sh*te that is the sun.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #34: May 18, 2007 02:18:51 pm
      OOT is shorthand for Out of Towner.  Still love you tho Nic. ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: May 18, 2007 09:15:47 pm
      Ohhhh.. yeah that makes sense.. hehe.. Aww love you too :P
      red2theheart
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #36: May 20, 2007 05:00:26 pm
      Lets never forget what that dirty rag the s** said about us as Scousers and Liverpool supporters. I have never picked this rag up from that day to this and never will.
      When we win on wednesday and have a huge following,  lets never forget we are always without 96 supporters.
      JUSTICE FOR ALL
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      Reply #37: May 21, 2007 10:54:59 am
      Oi! Leave our Nic alone

Seriously mate, as you said it's your second post, attacking regular posters won't win you any friends. If you look back through the topic you'll see that myself & JD have already raised the point with her, and she now realises the full implications & won't be reading that paper anymore.

As for out of towners not understanding, I'm from the south, have been all my life, and have never lived in Liverpool. Now have a look who started this topic. You're complaining about being judged as a scouser, yet in the same sentence you're judging all non-scousers, quite hypocritical really.

ok , ye sorry i went over the top , i was just a bit annoyed. sorry nic .

as for being a hypocrit , that may have came across in the post but i dont judge liverpool fans or people in general from where they are from.

again sorry , i must have been in a bad mood or sumthing
      LazB07 - I agree with your post to an extent.  It did annoy me the first time had read Nic's post but I think education is the best approach forward.  I for one, would like the next time Nicola and her dad visit Anfield for her dad to bring that paper with him and see what kind of reaction he gets.

The S*n newspaper made personal attacks against the City of Liverpool, not just its fans, and that is why Scousers  (like myself) revile it that bit more than, as you say, the OOT's.  But that's not the full story as EddieC proves.

It's a scum paper, and as long as we continue to post messages like this (bearing in mind it was 18 years ago and we still talk about it so passionately) then we are doing the right thing and informing younger fans, and fans that maybe don't live as local as some of us.

ye , think you are spot on. thanks for backing me up , i no i went too far so thanks for not slating me.
      your post sums it all up , thanks
      beanie
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #38: May 22, 2007 04:53:44 am
      THAT S**T PAPER. NEVER BOUGHT IT SINCE . (shame to say I have that issue)SO I CAN SHOW MY 2 SONS who are 16&14 (LFC FANS) WHY THEY SHOULD NEVER BY THAT CRAP.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2007 04:19:39 am by beanie »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39: May 22, 2007 11:41:39 am
      Apology accepted lazb07 :)

Was at some friends' flat yesterday, and one of them was in the kitchen sat on the sofa, reading the paper; holding it up like so I couldn't really see her face, I didn't see the front of it, but I was like "ooh can I read the sports when you're done" and so she closed it and handed it to me, but I realised it was the sun before I touched it so I jumped back a bit so I didn't touch it, she thought there was a spider or something and jumped up, screamed and threw the paper across the kitchen.. funny as F**k.
      I didn't read it anyway ;D I told her I didn't wanna read the scum.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      Reply #40: May 24, 2007 01:10:27 pm
      Apology accepted lazb07 :)

Was at some friends' flat yesterday, and one of them was in the kitchen sat on the sofa, reading the paper; holding it up like so I couldn't really see her face, I didn't see the front of it, but I was like "ooh can I read the sports when you're done" and so she closed it and handed it to me, but I realised it was the S*n before I touched it so I jumped back a bit so I didn't touch it, she thought there was a spider or something and jumped up, screamed and threw the paper across the kitchen.. funny as fu*k.
      I didn't read it anyway ;D I told her I didn't wanna read the scum.

thanks for accepting my opology.
      ;D sounds funny , well done for not reading it , IM PROUD! ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: May 24, 2007 01:57:53 pm
      AND! Last night in the Union, a guy had "GOD 8" on the back of his shirt (nice one) and he had a flag on the wall behind him and everything, he sat down, some girl comes to sit with him after a while and she had the sun and then he starts reading the back I was like :o :o but I didn't wanan go over and make a fuss so I just gave the girl evils. I think she thought I fancied him. Well he had a hotttt scouse accent :-*
      redmitch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #42: May 24, 2007 02:30:58 pm
      Point 1: Even if it wasn't for the utter sh*te about LFC fans/scoucers etc, I've never understood why would anyone want to read that rag anyway? Not exactly top quality, unbiased journalism is it?!

Point 2: I suppose the younger supporters who didn't know why we don't buy that paper, also think that we turned against Souness (just) because he was a bad manager! If you do then you should know that he sold the story of his heart op to that rag, which appeared on the front page of the s*n in 1992 (I think it might of even been on the anniversary of Hillsborough!) The insensitivity of this obviously offended a hell of a lot of people.
      (If this point has been discussed before, sorry, I'm new to this site.)

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #43: May 25, 2007 09:11:03 am
      I quite understand everyones revulsion of the sun following Hillsborough. I used to read it but became continually annoyed with the standard of journalism/editing long before Hillsborough. I felt that the standard of editing was such that, what was printed was directed at individuals with extremely low inteligence. It's so insulting to assume that all the readers are without thier own opinions on subjects and I'm afraid, even before Hillsborough, I came to judge peoples inteligence by the sun. Regular readers are morons regardless. I have read the Express now for more than 20 Years. Best tabloid going.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #44: May 25, 2007 09:15:42 am

I quite understand everyones revulsion of the S*n following Hillsborough. I used to read it but became continually annoyed with the standard of journalism/editing long before Hillsborough. I felt that the standard of editing was such that, what was printed was directed at individuals with extremely low inteligence. It's so insulting to assume that all the readers are without thier own opinions on subjects and I'm afraid, even before Hillsborough, I came to judge peoples inteligence by the S*n. Regular readers are morons regardless. I have read the Express now for more than 20 Years. Best tabloid going.

Wouldnt wipe my dogs arse with the sun

Sarah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 484 posts | 16 
      Reply #45: May 25, 2007 10:08:40 am
      Am I right in thinking that the News of the world is a sunday version of the s*n?
      Personally I cant stand that rag, I dont buy or read the s*n but where I work they sell it and now and again I have to touch it. It really makes my skin crawl.
      I cant help but give the people who buy it dirty looks.
      Kelvin mckenzie can rot in hell!
      LYING SCUMBAG!!!

JUSTICE FOR THE 96!!
      Y.N.W.A

Quick Reply