Trending Topics

Alberto Aquilani Player Thread

Read 490466 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani Playerio Threadio
      Reply #1518: Mar 08, 2010 04:48:59 pm
      Anyone think he'll be gone in the summer?

Got a feeling if the right offer comes in Rafa might ship him out.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #1519: Mar 08, 2010 05:26:58 pm

Not too sure.

It's all been kind of strange.

If we did sell him on - would that cancel the installments owed to Roma or not? I'm guessing not?

Rumours flying round about several Italian clubs being interested such as Juventus.
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #1520: Mar 08, 2010 11:48:39 pm
      Not too sure.

It's all been kind of strange.

If we did sell him on - would that cancel the installments owed to Roma or not? I'm guessing not?

Rumours flying round about several Italian clubs being interested such as Juventus.

any chance we can swap him for david villa at valencia now that we have rehabilitated him. i reckon he would be right good in their lineup. they need him more than us, ha ha
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1521: Mar 09, 2010 12:07:44 am

I don't know to be honest, if the right offer came in and we were able to get a player like Mata with the money then yeah I'd say let him go, though would the right offer ever come in due to the injury proneness, are teams going to want to take that risk?. But on the other hand he has showed signs that he could be an important player, unfortunately he has only shown this when playing in the Gerrard role and Rafa seems reluctant to play him there and Gerrard somewhere else (when he plays that is).

Personally I'd like him to stay though, I think if he can fully get over his injuries and get fully fit then he could be a good buy.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #1522: Mar 09, 2010 05:13:04 am
      The only bright spot of last nights performance, looks to be getting stronger hopefully we'll see the best of him next year.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1523: Mar 09, 2010 11:24:26 am
      Hopefully we'll see the best of him against Lille cause we need it
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1524: Mar 09, 2010 04:24:37 pm
      He won't be shipped out next Summer.

Yesterday in the last 10mins we saw some light in the tunnel from him.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #1525: Mar 09, 2010 04:44:07 pm
      Rafa on Alberto.

The Liverpool manager has explained his predicament to the 25-year-old, who has started only seven games since his arrival from Roma and completed 90 minutes only once, and says the midfielder accepts that a top-four finish takes precedence over personal trials.

Benítez said: "When you have been injured for a while it's not easy for a player. Then, when you are available and the team isn't doing well, it makes it even more difficult. You have to decide if you can afford to give him two or three games when you know he's maybe not at the level he could be, so you could end up losing some of them.

"Alberto isn't stupid. He knows the priority now has to be the team and what's best for that. All he can do is keep training and make sure he is ready when we need him. But as I said, the most important thing we have to think of is the team, not one player."

He added: "When I didn't play Alberto at Wolves it wasn't to do with the state of their pitch, it was because of the kind of game and because others were available, which meant we could manage in a different way. So whether I play him at Wigan or not isn't a decision that will be determined by the pitch.

"But we have had a conversation about things and he knows the situation. Alberto is a very good professional, who was a big name in Italy and wants to show his quality here. When you're like that but cannot play for three or four months and then you're available but can't play because the team is maybe doing really well or has problems, it's a difficult situation for any professional."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/07/liverpool-alberto-aquilani-rafael-benitez?

Thats gotta be the biggest load of tripe ever..............

So the message is, even when he is available we cant use him because either

the teams not going well so we cant risk him not being up to the level

or

the teams doing well and we have other players available who can do it a different way 

LMAO      The same baffling logic used with crouch/keane etc  Dont play em and just wait for em to leave

news Bulletin Rafa

The players available are doing it a different way    "a sh*te way" 
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #1526: Mar 09, 2010 09:32:17 pm
      Alberto has to stay ,we need a creative attacking influence from midfield and this would suit a comfortable Alberto Aquilani ,he needs to play more games and create an option away from what we already have
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #1527: Mar 09, 2010 09:44:37 pm
      Yeh if he went, we'd again need to sign that player
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1528: Mar 10, 2010 11:33:09 am
      At the moment he is the only potential solution to filling the playmaker role and we can't afford to replace him. Our only other option was Rafael van der vaart in a swap deal for Alonso but thats history so now Rafa needs to give this guy a run and hope he doesn't get injured in the summer
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1529: Mar 10, 2010 04:32:06 pm

What's the point shipping Aqua out and keepng hold of two holding midfielders ( Would't mind if one of them ever created anything).  That's one of the main reasons we have been so sh*te all season, just let him play and we will soon see if he is up to the job.
      He certainly can't be any worse than the two idiots occupying the central role.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1530: Mar 10, 2010 08:40:39 pm
      He has to play ahead of Aquilani every week till the end of the season instead of Lucas we are screaming out for creativity from the midfield. What ever peoples opinion of Lucas is creative is not a word that should ever be associated with him.
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #1531: Mar 10, 2010 08:45:04 pm
      He has to play ahead of Aquilani every week till the end of the season instead of Lucas we are screaming out for creativity from the midfield. What ever peoples opinion of Lucas is creative is not a word that should ever be associated with him.
      at best he is a tommy mascherano understudy and the understudy doesnt play at the same time as the mentor period
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #1532: Mar 10, 2010 10:58:08 pm
      aquilani came on against wigan he looked bright would like to see him start more ofter
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1533: Mar 11, 2010 03:44:09 am

Just get the Lucas voodoo doll made and get over it!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1534: Mar 11, 2010 11:25:52 am
      Huyton I'm only stating the obvious Lucas gives F**k all to the team we need creativity in midfield that is why I would pick Aquilani week in week out ahead of him. Tommy Smith said in the Echo today about Lucas on Wednesday again failing to produce what is needed in the Premiership.

The reason I go on about him is because his presence in midfield makes us weaker. He is in the list for most minutes on the pitch in the Premiership this season.

I want Liverpool to win matches so I think Rafa should play the best players available in there natural positions. Lucas is not the best defensive midfield in the team Masch is. There is absolutely no balance in the midfield. That is why I think we need someone creative in there either Masch or Aquilani. Usually I agree with you on must things Huyton but I just can't understand how you think Lucas has the required level of ability to play with Liverpool.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1535: Mar 11, 2010 03:07:31 pm

Can't disagree with the comments above. It's bleeding obvious to all apart from the odd Lucas fan and Rafa.
      McEvoy_LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #1536: Mar 11, 2010 07:57:12 pm
      I was wondering if this guy still plays for us?

In a game like tonight get in on and take Gerrard off! Doing F**k all anyway.

We might as well have bought him this summer aquilani
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #1537: Mar 11, 2010 08:16:45 pm
      I was wondering if this guy still plays for us?

In a game like tonight get in on and take Gerrard off! Doing f**k all anyway.

I would have liked to see him come on tonight.

Shame really.

Let's hope he gets a chance at home to Portmsouth. Give Lucas a rest. :roll:
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #1538: Mar 11, 2010 10:57:41 pm
      I would have liked to see him come on tonight.

Shame really.

Let's hope he gets a chance at home to Portmsouth. Give Lucas a rest. :roll:

I wouldn't count on it. I've heard the Anfield pitch isn't made of cotton wool.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1539: Mar 12, 2010 12:29:46 am
      Surely be to F***ing god Rafa thinks he is good enough to play against Portsmouth because if he is not better than what is playing at the moment we have serious problems with him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #1540: Mar 12, 2010 12:33:22 am
      I think aquilani has been made a scapegoat this season,feel for the lad,he should be on the pitch salvaging whats left.

Quick Reply