Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alberto Aquilani Player Thread

Read 489151 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani Player Thread
      Reply #23: Aug 05, 2009 05:25:21 pm
      Welcome AA lad.

Don't know much about your footballing ability, so I'll reserve me judgement until I've seen him a few times in a Liverpool shirt.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Aug 05, 2009 05:26:59 pm
      Xabi who?,this kid is gonna be on fire for us.
      Cellieh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 05, 2009 05:28:09 pm

Good Pic against Chelski. ;)
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #26: Aug 05, 2009 05:28:59 pm
      Can drop back, too though.

I wouldnt welcome him yet, he has a medical.

its probably unlikely he will fail it though
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #27: Aug 05, 2009 05:30:39 pm
      Gonna get behind him.

Lets hope like others have said, that this will put an end to the injurys :)
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #28: Aug 05, 2009 05:32:16 pm
      Impressed by Rafa's speed on this one.

Now for Silva !!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Aug 05, 2009 05:39:03 pm
      its probably unlikely he will fail it though

I think with the club holding a very strict medical says it all. Its not guaranteed.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #30: Aug 05, 2009 05:41:01 pm
      Figured I'd turn this into a player thread.

He still however, has a medical to complete.

Let's hope for the best.

Why not keep the thread in the transfer board open until he passes the medical and its all sealed then?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #31: Aug 05, 2009 05:41:28 pm
      They're saying £20 mill pounds in different sources. I'm just hoping it's actually like £16 mill and then his £4 mill wages equalling 20 cuz I don't want us to have payed that much for him.

OFFICIAL: AQUILANI TO LIVERPOOL
      Liverpool have announced a deal with Roma for midfielder Alberto Aquilani, pending a medical.

The move had been in the air for some time, but stepped up once Xabi Alonso had been released to Real Madrid for £30m.

No figures have been confirmed yet, but it is believed Roma will pocket around £16m for the Giallorossi player.

“Liverpool FC today confirmed they have agreed a deal with AS Roma for the transfer of Italian international Alberto Aquilani, subject to a medical,” read a statement on the club website.

“Liverpool concluded their discussions with Roma once the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid was finally agreed.

“Aquilani, who recently celebrated his 25th birthday, is expected to feature heavily for Italy in next year's World Cup finals.”

Coach Rafa Benitez also commented on the arrival of Aquilani to the Premier League.

"Alberto is a very good player and I'm delighted we've reached agreement with Roma for his transfer,” said Benitez.

“He will travel to Merseyside later this week for a medical. Alberto has a winning mentality and great experience in both Serie A and the Champions League.

"He has long been recognised as a top class talent in Italy, captaining his country at both Under-19 and Under-21 levels before establishing himself in the senior national side."

http://www.football-italia.net/aug5s.html
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2009 06:56:54 pm by CRK »
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #32: Aug 05, 2009 05:45:10 pm
      Impressed by Rafa's speed on this one.

Same. If Parry was in charge of this deal Xabi would be gone for pennys and we'd be waiting weeks and months for an adequet replacement. Rafa's second transfer and its done with speed and little hassle.

Just after Johnson signed Rafa said he had funds for one more player. Since Xabi went and Aquilani has cost a reprted 20 million. I suppose Rafa has those same funds + an extra 10 million now?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Aug 05, 2009 05:49:56 pm
      Just after Johnson signed Rafa said he had funds for one more player. Since Xabi went and Aquilani has cost a reprted 20 million. I suppose Rafa has those same funds + an extra 10 million now?

There's a transfer board to discuss that.

I reckon Benitez pushed for this transfer himself, rather than relying on scouts reports etc. He seems to be really keen on Alberto and hopefully that faith comes through.
      LiverpoolEntourage
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #34: Aug 05, 2009 05:54:19 pm
      Same. If Parry was in charge of this deal Xabi would be gone for pennys and we'd be waiting weeks and months for an adequet replacement. Rafa's second transfer and its done with speed and little hassle.

Oh definately no way we'd have been able to get Aquilani if it wasn't for Rafa. Plus the deal is reported to be between 16-18 mill, which means we might have around 12=14 million left. Definately possible for a bid to Silva, anyway for the moment it's all about aquilani.
      aquilani
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Aug 05, 2009 05:54:32 pm
      Suppose it's time for one of these lets just hope he passes his medical

« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2009 10:47:07 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #36: Aug 05, 2009 05:59:24 pm
      Perfecto me thinks^^^ :)

Not from the front but defo from the back he could look like a taller Benayoun.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Aug 05, 2009 06:05:13 pm
      Perfecto me thinks^^^ :)

Not from the front but defo from the back he could look like a taller Benayoun.

And you like taking Benayoun from the back ?  :lmao:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #38: Aug 05, 2009 06:10:01 pm
      Have to agree with everyone else that Rafas speed in getting this thing done has impressed me. Those madrid cu*ts should take a leaf out of the book of Rafa on how to get things done nice and quickly. Sceptical on his fitness record still, but excited none the less :)
      Suppose it's time for one of these lets just hope he passes his medical

I like it :D
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #39: Aug 05, 2009 06:13:02 pm
      And you like taking Benayoun from the back ?  :lmao:

;D gay thoughts in your head what I said didn't even have any gay connotations! Haha :P
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: Aug 05, 2009 06:15:30 pm
      ;D gay thoughts in your head what I said didn't even have any gay connotations! Haha :P

I'm not gay my boyfreind is..................

Please be aware the image is nothing to do with me, its from Rawk, just so I don't get accused of not given the person credit ;D
      N1ce
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 52 posts |
      Reply #41: Aug 05, 2009 06:15:36 pm
      Oh definately no way we'd have been able to get Aquilani if it wasn't for Rafa. Plus the deal is reported to be between 16-18 mill, which means we might have around 12=14 million left. Definately possible for a bid to Silva, anyway for the moment it's all about aquilani.
        Hmm, I doubt that. Silva can be equally pricey as Alonso because he is 5 years younger and still has a lot more potential.

On topic, I hope we only paid about £16mil because I think 20mil is too much.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #42: Aug 05, 2009 06:19:30 pm

For once, it's a relief, and time to spend what's left of our cash yet! ;)

Welcome Alberto, I was a bit worried when Arbeloa left because there wasn't an active player with my initials. I guess Rafa took that into account when he signed Aquilani. ;)

I'm quite excited, if he adds a few more goals then all the better, and a more direct attacking threat. I have every confidence in Mascherano to cover the defence more or less single handed, he's the best in the world at it.

Let's grab the title with both hands, perhaps this signing could be the first step towards it.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #43: Aug 05, 2009 06:19:40 pm
      I'm not gay my boyfreind is..................

Please be aware the image is nothing to do with me, its from Rawk, just so I don't get accused of not given the person credit ;D

Haha.

:ontopic:
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #44: Aug 05, 2009 06:23:30 pm
      Here a nice vids of his passing and shooting skills. I dont know why I have this feeling that rafa will send gerrard back next to mascha and leave aquilani behind torres, if we ever keep playing 4-2-3-1.
      Alberto Aquilani - The number 8
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #45: Aug 05, 2009 06:24:43 pm
      Haha, I had absolutely no idea about this! I hate being on holiday :D

Welcome Alberto, I am very much looking forward to seeing you play for us.

Quick Reply