Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Nerves!

Read 7669 times
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Nerves!
      Mar 26, 2007 07:06:02 pm
      I am one of those who really struggle in front of each matchday. Cant eat, cant sleep, cant talk about the game but cant talk about anything but the game either..! Nervous, sweaty, on the edge of hysteria... (sounds sexy, eh??! :P) And its a great feeling! The rush, the excitement, the thrill! Love it!
      But at the same time its annoying.. I can never really, fully enjoy football. Or as long as my Liverpool play that is. (I watched Tottenham-Chelsea last week, and that was just great! Fantastic atmosphere at the pub, and I formyself, could just relax. Ofcourse I couldnt stop myself from getting upset, but bottom line I didnt care and I really enjoyed it!) Never with Liverpool.. Not that I dont like seeing them play, ofcourse I do! I live for the games! But I wish I could enjoy it more. Learn how to relax. And at the same time care. Is this possible?!
      I see some of you say that you skip the alcohol until after the game so you truly can absorb the excitement. I could never do this. I need a beer before takeoff, or else I cant take the nerves.. (maybe I got a problem! ??? ;))

What Im looking for is tip and advice on what I possible can do to enjoy watching Liverpool play.. (they could win it all, that would def make me less frustrated!! ;)), but its not the play that makes me so stressed. Its the tension around the games.. Forexample, I looove the first half! 2nd half kills me.. Last 10 min I always want to hide. "I cant take this, I cant take this!!" even tho we're up in 5 to nothing!
      I admit Im getting worse with particular games in the Prem. And the Ch. League games.. Here its win or youre out, and that just makes my nerves go crazy!

Anyone feels the same way? What do you do to calm down before games? How do you live through 2nd halves? (and as Liverpool supporters we're getting used to extra time, penalty shootouts...!! We'll all die young if this continues!!!! And still it wont get better than that! 100% fun... and pain... GREAT!!! sigh....)

Sorry for this hysteric and unnecessary long post, Im just desperate ;)
      In a week I'll be so nervous, just thought Id be out in good time. Please help me! ;)
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Re: Nerves!
      Reply #1: Mar 26, 2007 07:10:44 pm
      get laid before we play
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Mar 26, 2007 07:16:30 pm
      Watt. You're not on your own my friend. I can't help getting slightly pessimistic, stressed and charged up before a game and during it! It just happens and I can't do anything about it. But I personally think it's the beauty of supporting the club you love. All the emotions you go through. Try not lose the feelings, just ride with them! ;)
      Always remember, you're not on your own when you feel like that. There's loads of other reds who are exactly same!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #3: Mar 26, 2007 09:15:00 pm
      Yeah thats what supporting Liverpools all about,its a great feeling
      The pre match nerves,knowing each match is a MUST WIN GAME
      During the game screaming at the ref about the injustice of the fouls against our team and cheering when that free-kick is in our favour
      And we conceed a late goal against a team we dominated for 86 mins THEN look for the nearest window to dive out.

Then there nights when we are 3-0 down and some prat says"THATS GAME OVER"

and its NOT........

penalty shoot outs love em...

and old big ears comes home for the 5 TIME.......

we all feel like that....so remember YNWA

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,778 posts | 6725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Mar 27, 2007 12:00:40 am
      just do what I do b4 every game..... :cool-smiley-027: ...it makes me feel so much better about the nerves ;)
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2007 12:01:18 am by AussieRed »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #5: Mar 27, 2007 12:17:00 am
      just do what I do b4 every game..... :cool-smiley-027: ...it makes me feel so much better about the nerves ;)

What? You put on a reggae hat?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,778 posts | 6725 
      Reply #6: Mar 27, 2007 05:31:49 am
      What? You put on a reggae hat?

and the sunglasses 8)
      Cy
      Reply #7: Mar 27, 2007 11:48:22 am
      Well that is what it's all about isn't?..I feel the same especially the last 10 minutes I'm like I can't take it I can't take it..but in the end I do..
      Before the game I'm also always very nervous, and feel that excitement and nerviest you mentioned..You probably do it anyway, but singing YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE with the fans even when I'm not on the stadium, when I'm listening to the radio or at the pub and shout a big COME ON!!! afterwards help me to just drop the nerves but keep the excitement going on..and yes, I do need a beer too..
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #8: Mar 27, 2007 12:35:53 pm
      yeah i know what you`re all talking about. i think every true Liverpool supporter has those strong emotions before, during and even after a game. just everyone copes with it in a different way.
      i often see it when i watch the games at home with my family, where I´ll be talking about the game 24/7, always nervously walking around , my dad will just sit in front of the telly, staring at the wall and not moving. that`s just his way of coping with all the nervousness i think.
      i found out that it really helps me a lot when i talk to my little brother before an important game, when it comes to football he`s got this kind of childish naive attitude and always tells me : "don`t worry, we`re still such a good team, and even if we don`t win this game, look we`ve beaten f.e. barcelona". :)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Mar 27, 2007 05:52:37 pm
      But you'll never ever get the buzz you get when the reds win, thats all part of it, the nerves, the excitement, the watching penalty shootouts from between your fingers !!      Nothing beats it when the reds win  ;) ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #10: Mar 28, 2007 12:30:29 am
      But you'll never ever get the buzz you get when the reds win, thats all part of it, the nerves, the excitement, the watching penalty shootouts from between your fingers !!      Nothing beats it when the reds win  ;) ;D

The reds are particularly nerve-wracking to support.  Cup Finals we NEVER make easy for ourselves.  That Barca game we should have been 3-0 up at half-time - instead we conceded one and made us all go through the last 15 minutes of torture.  That Olympiakos game - give them a head start why don't we.

As for Istanbul, talk about the excitement at kick off to the feeling like you had got your testicles ripped out of your arse at half-time (or the female equiivalent) only to be put back on cloud 9 again, and then to go through a last 5 minutes of AC Milan pressure - a freak of nature save from Dudek and then .... penalties.

If any game summed up supporting the reds - that was it.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #11: Mar 28, 2007 11:07:22 am
      In other words supporting a team like Liverpool is not for the faint hearted
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #12: Mar 29, 2007 08:26:20 pm
      Shanks onece said a game is not over until the final whistle.i
      In other words let the oppos fan do the worrying and just enjoy watching'
      in the words of the advert probaly the best team in the world 8)
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #13: Mar 29, 2007 08:55:59 pm
      Pretty much all of us get just as nervous.... I know I do!

Thing is, if it wasn't for that then the highs would be anywhere near as satisfying...

That 10 minute spell when we pulled Milan back to 3-3.

Gerrard's last minute equaliser against West Ham in the FA Cup Final.

Mellor's last gasp winner against Arsenal  :laughing-smiley-014:

and that's just 3 recent ones off the top of my head.
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 04, 2007 10:12:05 am
      i fink the most nervous i got during a liverpool game was wen we played Barcalona at anfield and Gudjohnson scored that goal i 4t they were going to score another
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #15: Apr 04, 2007 10:52:12 am
      I fink the most nervous I got during a liverpool game was wen we played Barcalona at anfield and Gudjohnson scored that goal I 4t they were going to score another
      That was nothing for me compared to the penalty shoot-out in istanbul i was nearly sick!
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #16: Apr 04, 2007 04:38:43 pm
      That was nothing for me compared to the penalty shoot-out in istanbul I was nearly sick!

Must admit I was the same, no nails left by the end.But what a night...
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: Apr 05, 2007 07:53:33 pm
      That was nothing for me compared to the penalty shoot-out in istanbul I was nearly sick!
      Yeah! I was in a pub in town, I wanted to leave at half time, I was almost crying. My bf at the time wouldn't let me because he'd just bought us both a pint.. So glad I stayed now!
      During the penalties everyone in the pub was just gathered in a bundle in front of the big screen, I got brought to the front because I'm a short ass, and my bf and all my guy mates were towards the back.. then when we won some guy lifted me up and I spotted my bf and he came over then we celebrated together ;D
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #18: Apr 05, 2007 07:59:56 pm
      Istanbul was weird for me as I was drugged up to the eyeballs!!!! I had to have an operation the day before the final, and I had to take stuff for the pain so I was quite chilled about the whole game except at the end when I cried my eyes out because my lad had finally seen what I always went on about..The reds lifting the European Cup, ;D
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2007 08:01:06 pm by Glenbuck »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Apr 05, 2007 08:01:26 pm
      Awww! Did you go to the actual game? A girl in my year in school did, I was soo jealous :(
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #20: Apr 05, 2007 08:59:09 pm
      Awww! Did you go to the actual game? A girl in my year in school did, I was soo jealous :(

No Nicola i missed it because of the op i had and had to give my ticket away!!, good job i was drugged up eh?
      But id seen them lift Euro trophies before and i know the drama of Istanbul makes it the best for most people but the best and it's just for my own reasons is the first one we won in Rome 77.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #21: Apr 06, 2007 09:38:48 am
      Istanbul was weird for me as I was drugged up to the eyeballs!!!! I had to have an operation the day before the final, and I had to take stuff for the pain so I was quite chilled about the whole game except at the end when I cried my eyes out because my lad had finally seen what I always went on about..The reds lifting the European Cup, ;D

You weren't the only one who cried mate! ;) I was too!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #22: Apr 09, 2007 03:05:39 pm
      Ok... Nerves kicking in... Not that bad yet, know tomorrow will be much worse.
      But thanks all! for the response you gave on my hysteric call for help ;) I actually think it helped too! Last week I was kind of relaxed really, I didnt sweat that much hehe and the breathing trouble never occurred  :P :laugh:  Now, the lads played so well, they never gave me any reason to get nervous, and maybe I got too easy going, I was out for a smoke at half time, first really trying to hurry, but then I thought 'calm down, girl, no reason to stress' and I had another cigarette and missed Riise's pearl!!!!!  :P
      Wednesday I'll be back home, cant wait for the game and the final whistle, knowing we are in the semi finals, only three games away from lifting that cup again!!!!  Ugh..... Will I live through wednesday at all?!  ;D  Good to know Im not alone with my hysteria.  I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #23: Apr 09, 2007 04:19:07 pm
      Will I live through wednesday at all?! 

If PSV score in the first 10 minutes - I'm going home. ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #24: Apr 09, 2007 06:45:22 pm
      This is God's Honest Truth!

When we were 3 nil down i did not know how to think.. i was watching it on ITV and i thought i'd i'd turn to Sky for good luck. I did that and saw old Phil Thompson talking and his words just lifted me and put me in a proud moment of being a red! He said 'You've got to belive, if you don't belive you may as well pack it in now!’

So anyway i watched the match and before you knew it we got a goal back... i thought at least it won't be too embrassing losing 3 - 1 rather than 3 - 0 and then 2 minutes later good old Smicer scored.. i nearly screamed the roof down i couldn't belive what i was watching.. then we had a penalty and it all came so quick i couldn't take it all in!

The penalty shoot out was the most nerve racking, but when Serginho and Pirlo missed i though come on Cisse baby and he put us 2 - 0 up on pens.. i was over the moon but when Sheva missed i really didn't expect that to happen so i was first thinking what the hell and then YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I loved it it was the best night of my life and i'd like us to repeat that this year!

YNWA!!
      iamthewalrus
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 10, 2007 05:53:20 pm
      hot chocoalte mate, thats the answer to all your worries
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #26: Apr 10, 2007 06:09:35 pm
      beer drops down the pressure ;)
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 10, 2007 06:46:40 pm
      A good dram of the good stuff helps my nerves,single malt  :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #28: Apr 10, 2007 07:38:11 pm
      Watched the Final in a pub and at half-time I actually had to stop myself throwing my pint glass at the big screen, I was SO F**Kin ANGRY and DISSAPOINTED!
      It was my uncles birthday back in Liverpool and I phoned him but all I got was negativity and who could blame him?! I tried to raise his spirits, giving him all the positives I could, for Gods' sake the final whistle was 45mins away (or so I thought!).

We started the 2nd half positively and when Gerrard rose like a phoenix from the flames to head in on 54mins I knew we had a glimmer of hope. In one post match report the writer said that Dida went down "slower than than the Titanic" when trying to save the shot.  Another said "Hello?" in a voice of positive anticipation - I loved that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Smicer slammed in his shot from distance and I will always be grateful Baros arced his body over as it cruised past him, the outcome could have been so much different if he hadn't. At this point the dream was becoming more of a reality and only 3mins prior to this it was 3-0, (Game over and I hate saying that...) not now...3-2!!

When Xabi stepped up for that penalty time stood still, every RED heart was pounding like never before and with the MASSIVE weight of expectation bearing down on him Alonso struck. His focus was such that even after the initial save he had the awareness to bury the rebound and make history.

Every LIVERPOOL player had a say in what happened that night, no matter how big or small. Traores' goal-line clearance was as vital as Dudeks double save form Shevchenko, Carragher who had cramp in both groins defies words, the guy is a living legend. As the penalties loomed he barked his "Grobbelaar instructions" to Dudek as if his life depended on it and in response we witnessed some of the best "Starfish" moves this side of your local gym!
      Dudek, for all that's been said and written about him since, was an enormous piece in a 1000 piece jigsaw that night and his name is now forever in Liverpool folklore.

It doesn't seem the Liverpool way to do things easily but that makes victory so much sweeter and with Liverpool you just never know... (NERVES ...!)
      It's a mystery how I didn't get an ASBO that night with my wild celebrations and my Liverpool scarf took pride of place along the dashboard of my car - it raised many a smile, thumbs up and a few "Wow, what a night" conversations!
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2007 10:06:58 pm by RED1028 »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Apr 11, 2007 10:17:55 am
      I'm not nervous about tonight, cos we're 3-0 up, I'll only get nervous if we concede a goal!!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #30: Apr 11, 2007 01:31:15 pm
      I'm not nervous about tonight, cos we're 3-0 up, I'll only get nervous if we concede a goal!!

I am nervous now. And if PSV score, I dont know what to do. Im so stressed right now.
      Hopefully I'll feel better when the game start and Gerrard get that early goal. He must. Ive no nails left..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,778 posts | 6725 
      Reply #31: Apr 11, 2007 01:36:28 pm
      Watt, you are stressing me out mate
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #32: Apr 11, 2007 01:44:57 pm

Sorry :P ;)  I know theres nothing to be worried about! We're Liverpool! We're home at Anfield! We got those 3 goals! I knoooow..!!! But still... Im a wreck! :P

(Blah... Im a bit ashamed.. I should be more confident.)
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 11, 2007 07:32:45 pm
      Yeah, I am nervous but still deep down think we will be okay providing we get off to a good start as psv will be kicking us
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,778 posts | 6725 
      Reply #34: Apr 12, 2007 09:54:15 am

Sorry :P ;)  I know theres nothing to be worried about! We're Liverpool! We're home at Anfield! We got those 3 goals! I knoooow..!!! But still... Im a wreck! :P

(Blah... Im a bit ashamed.. I should be more confident.)

Watt don't be ashamed,  we got through...now I'm a nervous wreck just thinking about Chel$ki in the semis.. I know we are LFC the greatest club on the planet and we should be confident but that doesn't take away the fact that I'm shitting myself thinking about the two legs against the Chavs.... I just hate them and Moaninho and I couldn't bear to lose to those bas**rds.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Apr 12, 2007 09:46:52 pm
      I'm the same, I hate them!! Aaargh!! I reckon they'll play some proper dirty football.. GRR.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #36: Apr 12, 2007 10:08:53 pm
      I can't belive a topic about nerves has got 35 posts, people must get nervous ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #37: Apr 13, 2007 07:23:03 pm
      I can't belive a topic about nerves has got 35 posts, people must get nervous ;)

Good way to get your posts up Ra Ra Rafa   ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #38: Apr 13, 2007 07:37:10 pm

4 of them are from you ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007 04:18:27 am by mrtommo »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #39: Apr 13, 2007 07:55:40 pm
      Good way to get your posts up Ra Ra Rafa   ;)

Cut my post count down to 100, see if i care ;)
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #40: Apr 15, 2007 01:50:40 pm
      :shake:
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Apr 18, 2007 05:44:09 pm

Actually no nerves now!!!  :D  it could come closer to kickoff but for now I feel just fine  :laugh:

And this is no "its-only-" game either, no games from now is, we need every point to get that 3rd place and keep it.
      (Yeees.... So you finally came, my dear nerves.... Welcome, what took you so long?!)  :-\ :P
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Apr 19, 2007 04:20:08 pm
      I'm not nervous, just overly mega uber excited ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Apr 19, 2007 10:13:36 pm
      Not long now Nicola !  ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #44: Apr 20, 2007 10:11:37 am
      Aaaaaaaargh I know!! Being on here is making me worse too, hahaha!! I got £50 today already! Planning what to buy ;) I'm thinking one of those flag with a triongl at the bottom like. Can't remember the name of them!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Nov 27, 2007 01:49:38 am
      I could be having a better time at work. And this Rafa situation isn't helping. So my nerves are pretty bad at the moment... :-\

Can we have it sorted please!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #46: Nov 27, 2007 02:13:37 am
      Nerves kicking in for wednesday now... Both for Liverpool -thats a got-to-win-it game, and for Rosenborg, my local team. They play Chelsea at home, and really its just bonus for me... I would in the beginning prefer the Uefa Cup for them (3rd place in the group), as they can achieve more there. But now...... the knockout rounds are sooo close!! And Chelsea at Lerkendal late november... Its cold, its snowy, its just what Champions League is for a trønder... When its like this, Rosenborg can beat anyone. And humiliating Chelsea one more time would be awesome!!!

My nerves was vibrating the last part of second half against Valencia 6. november... I was almost fainting. Can I take it again? I can tell myself "this is just a bonus", but no matter who shows up at Lerkendal, I get excited tense and nervous. It be Arsenal, Real Madrid, Valencia or Chelsea... Im a trønder, and a real trønder gets disappointed when we dont win these games... (After 1-1 at Stamford Bridge, all trønders were very happy, but still you could sense the disappointment over "giving up" 2 points!!! When we actually was lucky down there, I admit that. But expecting the best and nothing else is the trønder mentality.)

Bring on wednesday, I hope a Liverpool win could ease things down a bit at Anfield, and besides that it wouldnt be right to be out of the Great Cup at this stage... We are Liverpool. With ambitions to win the whole sh*t.
      Yeh, bring on wednesday... Im ready for it. Nerves or not. Going to Lerkendal, but got a mate on "hot line" from the pub, where he'll be watching Liverpool-Porto! Excited!!!! Going for 6 points!! For sure!!! ;D ;D

How did we both write -at the same time- on this old thread, Kenny?! Weird! Or did you see me writing on this one now?
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #47: Nov 27, 2007 07:28:10 am
      I dreamt Gerrard scored another long range free kick reminiscent of the Newcastle goal. Right now, since we got our game back, I have been in a 'calm' place, I only get agitated when these monkeys (Arsenal Chelsea Man City Man U) dont seem to want to drop points!. I keep wishing they will lose some matches. The Man U loss to Bolton was sweet. Against porto? Liverpool (3) Porto (0)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #48: Nov 27, 2007 08:06:03 am
      My fear is that our game is going so well we are going to let it drop @ the vital time of the season and would prefer a poor start and then we have that great scope of pulling back our season as we have done so many times before.  Hopefully we will maintain this form and be crowned champions when the other big 3 drop their guard through feeling comfortable.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #49: Nov 27, 2007 10:28:30 am
      Ive been on Betablockers for the last 5 years and their f***in great, now I can enjoy every game! Prior to the doc steppin in every game was a nightmare for me! (f***in weirdo)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #50: Nov 27, 2007 04:19:49 pm
      I don't get nervous but near violent instead. My wife and children had to be at the furthest point of the house from where I am when there's a game on tele. as things gets flying all over the hall when referee's decision goes against our team, to date i've got books, magazines, newspaper, drink cans, blanket, pillows, sofa seat, banana skin, nail clipper, pen/pencil, shirt, bolster, keychain, food packings, toilet roll, calculator, towel, shoes, socks, spoon/fork, test pen  etc and the list goes on and on,  that had landed on the wall. The unfortunate victim would be the one(s) nearest to where I am at that moment. Don't worry i don't do that to my wife and children. That goes to show what a die hard fan am I.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #51: Nov 27, 2007 05:22:03 pm
      I don't get nervous but near violent instead. My wife and children had to be at the furthest point of the house from where I am when there's a game on tele. as things gets flying all over the hall when referee's decision goes against our team, to date I've got books, magazines, newspaper, drink cans, blanket, pillows, sofa seat, banana skin, nail clipper, pen/pencil, shirt, bolster, keychain, food packings, toilet roll, calculator, towel, shoes, socks, spoon/fork, test pen  etc and the list goes on and on,  that had landed on the wall. The unfortunate victim would be the one(s) nearest to where I am at that moment. Don't worry I don't do that to my wife and children. That goes to show what a die hard fan am I.

I would have more drop goal points that Jonny Wilkinson... I have kicked the neighbours cat back over the fence that often after a dodgy pen or bad result... hope the RSPCA aren't reading... then again it's a Spanish cat... and it likes it!!! (I think).
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #52: Nov 28, 2007 12:26:59 pm
      I would have more drop goal points that Jonny Wilkinson... I have kicked the neighbours cat back over the fence that often after a dodgy pen or bad result... hope the RSPCA aren't reading... then again it's a Spanish cat... and it likes it!!! (I think).

Classic, unfortunately i haven't met a spanish cat yet, otherwise, it'll end up on the wall as well.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #53: Nov 28, 2007 04:01:11 pm
      I do suffer from pre-match nerves and am superstitous,always get the Mrs to do the ironing,we allways win we the iron is out!!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #54: Nov 29, 2007 07:27:56 am
      pre match nerves has always been there for me, but whats a bigger deal is what the result does for me...

The result determines my mood until the next match...
      If we draw, then I'm really pissed and annoyed, if we lose, then Im depressed, If we win then Im on top of the world! If we draw or lose then I feel as if I want to sleep and never wake up until the next game...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #55: Nov 30, 2007 03:00:22 pm
      Always get my son to wear LFC gear on during a match... and if I have forgotten and the match has started and he has no LFC stuff on ...I've been known to rush upstairs and grab a LFC cap or wrist-band and slap it on him quickly - before the opposition score!!

Sad, but True.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #56: Nov 30, 2007 04:06:34 pm
      Always get my son to wear LFC gear on during a match... and if I have forgotten and the match has started and he has no LFC stuff on ...I've been known to rush upstairs and grab a LFC cap or wrist-band and slap it on him quickly - before the opposition score!!

Sad, but True.

Sounds normal enough for me Don  ;) :D
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #57: Nov 30, 2007 06:58:16 pm
      pre match nerves has always been there for me, but whats a bigger deal is what the result does for me...

The result determines my mood until the next match...
      If we draw, then I'm really pissed and annoyed, if we lose, then Im depressed, If we win then Im on top of the world! If we draw or lose then I feel as if I want to sleep and never wake up until the next game...

And I thought it was only me.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #58: Nov 30, 2007 09:27:46 pm
      I usually get nervous before major exams when i know I'm not going to do well. Or most lfc matches especially when its a final or a really important game like a must win game.
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #59: Dec 01, 2007 02:29:16 am
      I come from London so pls understand me before you lot try to kill me in here, i'm in my bedrooms with some of my friend watching the 2005 final none of them are Liverpool supporters, two of them are Arsenal fans one support the Mancs  and the other one is a Yid for f..k sake, any way half time comes and most of them are laughing at me saying Liverpool are s..t, the only one who said it ain't over yet was the Manc.                                                                                                                                       Second half comes first goal comes i got some pride back i feel a bit better second goal comes i'm going f..king crazy and them mother f..kers looking like what the f..k going on then the third goal comes and they look real pissed because im shouting jumping for joy game on.                                                                                                                                                           Now it's penalty's and i told them we already won this, when it was over they looked all like they had lost the cup them self, i told them f..k all of you thats what you get for wishing bad luck on my team, wish i had a camera there that picture would have been priceless trust me. :lmao: 
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #60: Dec 01, 2007 02:48:19 am
      I get most nervous when they are counter-attacking, my stomach just drops dead, I'm also nervous before the game, but when it starts they're gone.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #61: Dec 01, 2007 09:37:31 am
      ^^Same I get nervous when they're counterattacking and numbers are kind of equal...Also set-pieces...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Dec 01, 2007 10:25:07 pm
      Putting the pre match nerves aside, I'm usually alright when the game kicks off and if we start playing well I'm usually quite relaxed. I suppose when we've scored and we're in the lead that's when a few nerves will kick in, because I hate it when we take our foot off the peddle and let teams back into the game. Classic example is last Wednesday against Porto.

But you can't beat that feeling of relief when we score again and start playing well. No nerves at all then!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Dec 05, 2007 07:51:14 am
      Nerves kick in when we have a shaky start and the other team is putting on the pressure on our goal. And the final 10 if we're up by 1, i almost had a stroke against Chelsea last year in the Semi.

Quick Reply