Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Nerves!

Read 7668 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Nerves!
      Reply #23: Apr 09, 2007 04:19:07 pm
      Will I live through wednesday at all?! 

If PSV score in the first 10 minutes - I'm going home. ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #24: Apr 09, 2007 06:45:22 pm
      This is God's Honest Truth!

When we were 3 nil down i did not know how to think.. i was watching it on ITV and i thought i'd i'd turn to Sky for good luck. I did that and saw old Phil Thompson talking and his words just lifted me and put me in a proud moment of being a red! He said 'You've got to belive, if you don't belive you may as well pack it in now!’

So anyway i watched the match and before you knew it we got a goal back... i thought at least it won't be too embrassing losing 3 - 1 rather than 3 - 0 and then 2 minutes later good old Smicer scored.. i nearly screamed the roof down i couldn't belive what i was watching.. then we had a penalty and it all came so quick i couldn't take it all in!

The penalty shoot out was the most nerve racking, but when Serginho and Pirlo missed i though come on Cisse baby and he put us 2 - 0 up on pens.. i was over the moon but when Sheva missed i really didn't expect that to happen so i was first thinking what the hell and then YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I loved it it was the best night of my life and i'd like us to repeat that this year!

YNWA!!
      iamthewalrus
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 10, 2007 05:53:20 pm
      hot chocoalte mate, thats the answer to all your worries
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #26: Apr 10, 2007 06:09:35 pm
      beer drops down the pressure ;)
      Tallfc
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 477 posts |
      Reply #27: Apr 10, 2007 06:46:40 pm
      A good dram of the good stuff helps my nerves,single malt  :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #28: Apr 10, 2007 07:38:11 pm
      Watched the Final in a pub and at half-time I actually had to stop myself throwing my pint glass at the big screen, I was SO F**Kin ANGRY and DISSAPOINTED!
      It was my uncles birthday back in Liverpool and I phoned him but all I got was negativity and who could blame him?! I tried to raise his spirits, giving him all the positives I could, for Gods' sake the final whistle was 45mins away (or so I thought!).

We started the 2nd half positively and when Gerrard rose like a phoenix from the flames to head in on 54mins I knew we had a glimmer of hope. In one post match report the writer said that Dida went down "slower than than the Titanic" when trying to save the shot.  Another said "Hello?" in a voice of positive anticipation - I loved that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Smicer slammed in his shot from distance and I will always be grateful Baros arced his body over as it cruised past him, the outcome could have been so much different if he hadn't. At this point the dream was becoming more of a reality and only 3mins prior to this it was 3-0, (Game over and I hate saying that...) not now...3-2!!

When Xabi stepped up for that penalty time stood still, every RED heart was pounding like never before and with the MASSIVE weight of expectation bearing down on him Alonso struck. His focus was such that even after the initial save he had the awareness to bury the rebound and make history.

Every LIVERPOOL player had a say in what happened that night, no matter how big or small. Traores' goal-line clearance was as vital as Dudeks double save form Shevchenko, Carragher who had cramp in both groins defies words, the guy is a living legend. As the penalties loomed he barked his "Grobbelaar instructions" to Dudek as if his life depended on it and in response we witnessed some of the best "Starfish" moves this side of your local gym!
      Dudek, for all that's been said and written about him since, was an enormous piece in a 1000 piece jigsaw that night and his name is now forever in Liverpool folklore.

It doesn't seem the Liverpool way to do things easily but that makes victory so much sweeter and with Liverpool you just never know... (NERVES ...!)
      It's a mystery how I didn't get an ASBO that night with my wild celebrations and my Liverpool scarf took pride of place along the dashboard of my car - it raised many a smile, thumbs up and a few "Wow, what a night" conversations!
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2007 10:06:58 pm by RED1028 »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Apr 11, 2007 10:17:55 am
      I'm not nervous about tonight, cos we're 3-0 up, I'll only get nervous if we concede a goal!!
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #30: Apr 11, 2007 01:31:15 pm
      I'm not nervous about tonight, cos we're 3-0 up, I'll only get nervous if we concede a goal!!

I am nervous now. And if PSV score, I dont know what to do. Im so stressed right now.
      Hopefully I'll feel better when the game start and Gerrard get that early goal. He must. Ive no nails left..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,767 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31: Apr 11, 2007 01:36:28 pm
      Watt, you are stressing me out mate
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #32: Apr 11, 2007 01:44:57 pm

Sorry :P ;)  I know theres nothing to be worried about! We're Liverpool! We're home at Anfield! We got those 3 goals! I knoooow..!!! But still... Im a wreck! :P

(Blah... Im a bit ashamed.. I should be more confident.)
      AJ-HOPE FOR HILLSBOROUGH
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 11, 2007 07:32:45 pm
      Yeah, I am nervous but still deep down think we will be okay providing we get off to a good start as psv will be kicking us
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,767 posts | 6723 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: Apr 12, 2007 09:54:15 am

Sorry :P ;)  I know theres nothing to be worried about! We're Liverpool! We're home at Anfield! We got those 3 goals! I knoooow..!!! But still... Im a wreck! :P

(Blah... Im a bit ashamed.. I should be more confident.)

Watt don't be ashamed,  we got through...now I'm a nervous wreck just thinking about Chel$ki in the semis.. I know we are LFC the greatest club on the planet and we should be confident but that doesn't take away the fact that I'm shitting myself thinking about the two legs against the Chavs.... I just hate them and Moaninho and I couldn't bear to lose to those bas**rds.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Apr 12, 2007 09:46:52 pm
      I'm the same, I hate them!! Aaargh!! I reckon they'll play some proper dirty football.. GRR.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #36: Apr 12, 2007 10:08:53 pm
      I can't belive a topic about nerves has got 35 posts, people must get nervous ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #37: Apr 13, 2007 07:23:03 pm
      I can't belive a topic about nerves has got 35 posts, people must get nervous ;)

Good way to get your posts up Ra Ra Rafa   ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #38: Apr 13, 2007 07:37:10 pm

4 of them are from you ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2007 04:18:27 am by mrtommo »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #39: Apr 13, 2007 07:55:40 pm
      Good way to get your posts up Ra Ra Rafa   ;)

Cut my post count down to 100, see if i care ;)
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #40: Apr 15, 2007 01:50:40 pm
      :shake:
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Apr 18, 2007 05:44:09 pm

Actually no nerves now!!!  :D  it could come closer to kickoff but for now I feel just fine  :laugh:

And this is no "its-only-" game either, no games from now is, we need every point to get that 3rd place and keep it.
      (Yeees.... So you finally came, my dear nerves.... Welcome, what took you so long?!)  :-\ :P
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Apr 19, 2007 04:20:08 pm
      I'm not nervous, just overly mega uber excited ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #43: Apr 19, 2007 10:13:36 pm
      Not long now Nicola !  ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #44: Apr 20, 2007 10:11:37 am
      Aaaaaaaargh I know!! Being on here is making me worse too, hahaha!! I got £50 today already! Planning what to buy ;) I'm thinking one of those flag with a triongl at the bottom like. Can't remember the name of them!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Nov 27, 2007 01:49:38 am
      I could be having a better time at work. And this Rafa situation isn't helping. So my nerves are pretty bad at the moment... :-\

Can we have it sorted please!

Quick Reply