Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Nerves!

Read 7670 times
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 884 posts | 22 
      Re: Nerves!
      Reply #46: Nov 27, 2007 02:13:37 am
      Nerves kicking in for wednesday now... Both for Liverpool -thats a got-to-win-it game, and for Rosenborg, my local team. They play Chelsea at home, and really its just bonus for me... I would in the beginning prefer the Uefa Cup for them (3rd place in the group), as they can achieve more there. But now...... the knockout rounds are sooo close!! And Chelsea at Lerkendal late november... Its cold, its snowy, its just what Champions League is for a trønder... When its like this, Rosenborg can beat anyone. And humiliating Chelsea one more time would be awesome!!!

My nerves was vibrating the last part of second half against Valencia 6. november... I was almost fainting. Can I take it again? I can tell myself "this is just a bonus", but no matter who shows up at Lerkendal, I get excited tense and nervous. It be Arsenal, Real Madrid, Valencia or Chelsea... Im a trønder, and a real trønder gets disappointed when we dont win these games... (After 1-1 at Stamford Bridge, all trønders were very happy, but still you could sense the disappointment over "giving up" 2 points!!! When we actually was lucky down there, I admit that. But expecting the best and nothing else is the trønder mentality.)

Bring on wednesday, I hope a Liverpool win could ease things down a bit at Anfield, and besides that it wouldnt be right to be out of the Great Cup at this stage... We are Liverpool. With ambitions to win the whole sh*t.
      Yeh, bring on wednesday... Im ready for it. Nerves or not. Going to Lerkendal, but got a mate on "hot line" from the pub, where he'll be watching Liverpool-Porto! Excited!!!! Going for 6 points!! For sure!!! ;D ;D

How did we both write -at the same time- on this old thread, Kenny?! Weird! Or did you see me writing on this one now?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #47: Nov 27, 2007 07:28:10 am
      I dreamt Gerrard scored another long range free kick reminiscent of the Newcastle goal. Right now, since we got our game back, I have been in a 'calm' place, I only get agitated when these monkeys (Arsenal Chelsea Man City Man U) dont seem to want to drop points!. I keep wishing they will lose some matches. The Man U loss to Bolton was sweet. Against porto? Liverpool (3) Porto (0)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #48: Nov 27, 2007 08:06:03 am
      My fear is that our game is going so well we are going to let it drop @ the vital time of the season and would prefer a poor start and then we have that great scope of pulling back our season as we have done so many times before.  Hopefully we will maintain this form and be crowned champions when the other big 3 drop their guard through feeling comfortable.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #49: Nov 27, 2007 10:28:30 am
      Ive been on Betablockers for the last 5 years and their f***in great, now I can enjoy every game! Prior to the doc steppin in every game was a nightmare for me! (f***in weirdo)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #50: Nov 27, 2007 04:19:49 pm
      I don't get nervous but near violent instead. My wife and children had to be at the furthest point of the house from where I am when there's a game on tele. as things gets flying all over the hall when referee's decision goes against our team, to date i've got books, magazines, newspaper, drink cans, blanket, pillows, sofa seat, banana skin, nail clipper, pen/pencil, shirt, bolster, keychain, food packings, toilet roll, calculator, towel, shoes, socks, spoon/fork, test pen  etc and the list goes on and on,  that had landed on the wall. The unfortunate victim would be the one(s) nearest to where I am at that moment. Don't worry i don't do that to my wife and children. That goes to show what a die hard fan am I.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #51: Nov 27, 2007 05:22:03 pm
      I don't get nervous but near violent instead. My wife and children had to be at the furthest point of the house from where I am when there's a game on tele. as things gets flying all over the hall when referee's decision goes against our team, to date I've got books, magazines, newspaper, drink cans, blanket, pillows, sofa seat, banana skin, nail clipper, pen/pencil, shirt, bolster, keychain, food packings, toilet roll, calculator, towel, shoes, socks, spoon/fork, test pen  etc and the list goes on and on,  that had landed on the wall. The unfortunate victim would be the one(s) nearest to where I am at that moment. Don't worry I don't do that to my wife and children. That goes to show what a die hard fan am I.

I would have more drop goal points that Jonny Wilkinson... I have kicked the neighbours cat back over the fence that often after a dodgy pen or bad result... hope the RSPCA aren't reading... then again it's a Spanish cat... and it likes it!!! (I think).
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #52: Nov 28, 2007 12:26:59 pm
      I would have more drop goal points that Jonny Wilkinson... I have kicked the neighbours cat back over the fence that often after a dodgy pen or bad result... hope the RSPCA aren't reading... then again it's a Spanish cat... and it likes it!!! (I think).

Classic, unfortunately i haven't met a spanish cat yet, otherwise, it'll end up on the wall as well.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #53: Nov 28, 2007 04:01:11 pm
      I do suffer from pre-match nerves and am superstitous,always get the Mrs to do the ironing,we allways win we the iron is out!!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #54: Nov 29, 2007 07:27:56 am
      pre match nerves has always been there for me, but whats a bigger deal is what the result does for me...

The result determines my mood until the next match...
      If we draw, then I'm really pissed and annoyed, if we lose, then Im depressed, If we win then Im on top of the world! If we draw or lose then I feel as if I want to sleep and never wake up until the next game...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #55: Nov 30, 2007 03:00:22 pm
      Always get my son to wear LFC gear on during a match... and if I have forgotten and the match has started and he has no LFC stuff on ...I've been known to rush upstairs and grab a LFC cap or wrist-band and slap it on him quickly - before the opposition score!!

Sad, but True.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #56: Nov 30, 2007 04:06:34 pm
      Always get my son to wear LFC gear on during a match... and if I have forgotten and the match has started and he has no LFC stuff on ...I've been known to rush upstairs and grab a LFC cap or wrist-band and slap it on him quickly - before the opposition score!!

Sad, but True.

Sounds normal enough for me Don  ;) :D
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #57: Nov 30, 2007 06:58:16 pm
      pre match nerves has always been there for me, but whats a bigger deal is what the result does for me...

The result determines my mood until the next match...
      If we draw, then I'm really pissed and annoyed, if we lose, then Im depressed, If we win then Im on top of the world! If we draw or lose then I feel as if I want to sleep and never wake up until the next game...

And I thought it was only me.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #58: Nov 30, 2007 09:27:46 pm
      I usually get nervous before major exams when i know I'm not going to do well. Or most lfc matches especially when its a final or a really important game like a must win game.
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #59: Dec 01, 2007 02:29:16 am
      I come from London so pls understand me before you lot try to kill me in here, i'm in my bedrooms with some of my friend watching the 2005 final none of them are Liverpool supporters, two of them are Arsenal fans one support the Mancs  and the other one is a Yid for f..k sake, any way half time comes and most of them are laughing at me saying Liverpool are s..t, the only one who said it ain't over yet was the Manc.                                                                                                                                       Second half comes first goal comes i got some pride back i feel a bit better second goal comes i'm going f..king crazy and them mother f..kers looking like what the f..k going on then the third goal comes and they look real pissed because im shouting jumping for joy game on.                                                                                                                                                           Now it's penalty's and i told them we already won this, when it was over they looked all like they had lost the cup them self, i told them f..k all of you thats what you get for wishing bad luck on my team, wish i had a camera there that picture would have been priceless trust me. :lmao: 
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #60: Dec 01, 2007 02:48:19 am
      I get most nervous when they are counter-attacking, my stomach just drops dead, I'm also nervous before the game, but when it starts they're gone.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #61: Dec 01, 2007 09:37:31 am
      ^^Same I get nervous when they're counterattacking and numbers are kind of equal...Also set-pieces...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Dec 01, 2007 10:25:07 pm
      Putting the pre match nerves aside, I'm usually alright when the game kicks off and if we start playing well I'm usually quite relaxed. I suppose when we've scored and we're in the lead that's when a few nerves will kick in, because I hate it when we take our foot off the peddle and let teams back into the game. Classic example is last Wednesday against Porto.

But you can't beat that feeling of relief when we score again and start playing well. No nerves at all then!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Dec 05, 2007 07:51:14 am
      Nerves kick in when we have a shaky start and the other team is putting on the pressure on our goal. And the final 10 if we're up by 1, i almost had a stroke against Chelsea last year in the Semi.

Quick Reply