Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Momo Sissoko (new contract signed 28/6/07)

Read 5891 times
      Sisowler
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      • . 1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
      Re: Momo Sissoko (Barcelona)
      Reply #23: Jun 01, 2007 04:34:28 pm
      Hmmmm. Just heard on Radio City news (Liverpools main radio station for those of you who don't know) that he could be off to Juventus for around 10 million. Can't find any links to reports on the web though....

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=469752&CPID=21&clid=14&lid=&title=Juventus+make+Sissoko+move
      They dont say its a done deal or anything like that though. Just that Juve are after putting in a bid.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #24: Jun 01, 2007 04:41:33 pm
      Eddie c .............. nice team in this post  but no finnan,,,,,,,,,,, you do not select arbeloa over finnan,,,,,,,,,,, bottom line,,,,,,,,,,, don't forget arbeloa started well at barca and at reading both away games and yes he looks good but then went Shiite on us.

Gets pulled out of position but that will improve because i think he could be a snip, we only paid 2,5 mill so we will see..................... ..... i see in ya team villa,,,,,,,,,, so you think we have a chance of getting David villa???????????? ;D
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #25: Jun 01, 2007 06:48:34 pm
      Eddie c .............. nice team in this post  but no finnan,,,,,,,,,,, you do not select arbeloa over finnan,,,,,,,,,,, bottom line,,,,,,,,,,, don't forget arbeloa started well at barca and at reading both away games and yes he looks good but then went Shiite on us.

Gets pulled out of position but that will improve because I think he could be a snip, we only paid 2,5 mill so we will see..................... ..... I see in ya team villa,,,,,,,,,, so you think we have a chance of getting David villa???????????? ;D

I put Arbeloa in as part of a back three, which would make him a centre back, a position Finnan doesn't play. TBH now that we're being linked with Milito, I would have him in there rather than Arbeloa. The position where Finnan would fit in in that formation is right wing back, but seeing as I've suggested Alves to come I've suggested him instead.

I honestly believe that if someone comes in with a £25m bid for Villa Valencia will be interested, so yes, I do see it as a possibility.
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #26: Jun 08, 2007 04:15:32 pm

Gets pulled out of position but that will improve because I think he could be a snip, we only paid 2,5 mill so we will see..................... ..... I see in ya team villa,,,,,,,,,, so you think we have a chance of getting David villa???????????? ;D
      can you please stop putting in so many comma's and full stops in every post, it is so annoying!!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #27: Jun 08, 2007 06:02:07 pm
      i think sissoko should be sold for 12m, we have a lot of quality in the CM department, 3 class players with one very highly rated youngster is enough.  Lets use that with the rest of the incoming budget to strengthen other departs i.e wingers and strikers.   Momo is a good player and will get better but not with us he is going to have limited starts next season, which will drastically drop his valuation.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #28: Jun 08, 2007 07:43:32 pm
      I just feel that if we let Momo go it will come back to haunt us. He is young and has had some fantastic performances for us.

Just imagine what its like for other teams to face him...daunting.

We are overloaded and this new kid Lucas will have to get some games so its hard to see him get too many starts.....where ever he goes it will return to bite us in the a*se.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #29: Jun 08, 2007 07:51:20 pm
      since the arrival of mascherano by the month his appearances have been lessened. And this will continue into next season.  Momo is not happy and come january or at the end of next season he will want out and his price then can be peanuts.  12m is a good figure if it can be negotiated anything less than 10m should not get a second look. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #30: Jun 09, 2007 12:33:21 pm
      It now looks like Momo is going to be the fifth major contract extension at Anfield.

The new US owners are clearly doing an excellent job at tying their 'assets' down to the club which is to be commended.  It is good to see them rewarding the players who have performed well for us and it is a clear sign of ambition.

Obviously, financial commitments are good for the players, but it is a strong showing of faith in Benitez' new Liverpool. The reds financial 'issues' in the past may have been that they didn't know the expenses from one year to the next.  With players on significant contracts then yearly expenses can be more accurately forecast.

This is a good thing.  Momo is a fine player albeit not having had the best of seasons.  I'm glad he is looking at signing a new contract.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Momo Sissoko (Barcelona)......please sign on the dotted line
      Reply #31: Jun 09, 2007 01:44:50 pm
      if sissoko signs,, sorry when he signs that fantastic news it really is .

we need all of the current squad who have made good contributions, although he got injured lets give him a break and allot of people seem to forget the work this guy puts in and when he was in midfield having that long run of games we did keep lots of clean sheets, make no mistake people this guy is going to be and is already a top player

he is worth more than we brough him for when you put him alongside the value of someone like s parker for 7 mill for me he is worth every penny at 6 mill when we brought him here,

lets get behind sissoko please can we.............. ;) ;)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #32: Jun 10, 2007 05:02:21 pm
      if he signs brilliant he will only get better and gives us a different option!
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #33: Jun 12, 2007 06:21:50 pm
      don't sell him he is a great player pls
      Liverpool Fc Biggest Fan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 13, 2007 01:59:04 pm
      He signed a new contract
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #35: Jun 13, 2007 03:58:33 pm

you must be as your name suggests,
      as there is nothing reported in the news of him signing this contract.
      Yes it's rumoured that he will, but please do not post such a comment until it's gospel.
      Maybe you have proof - if so post a link to back it up.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #36: Jun 13, 2007 04:05:55 pm
      I've also read on the bbc and pretty sure lfc.tv that he's signed a new contract
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #37: Jun 13, 2007 04:25:35 pm
      I've also read on the bbc and pretty sure lfc.tv that he's signed a new contract

sorry mate, nothing has been confirmed that he has signed a new contract yet.
      Maybe you've read he's likely to sign, but NO news has been announced of him actually putting pen to paper.
      The same applies to Steve Finnan.
      If you find proof, please post the link.
      lfcmadfan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 26, 2007 09:31:44 pm
      now that we have macherano there is no need for sissoko beside macherano can actually pass for 12million it worth it
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #39: Jun 26, 2007 10:19:42 pm
      now we are keeping xabi and we have Lucas - if they offered 12m i would agree all the way.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #40: Jun 26, 2007 10:21:58 pm
      now we are keeping xabi and we have Lucas - if they offered 12m I would agree all the way.

I would still wait for Lucas to prove himself before selling Sissoko. Remember we also signed another promising 20 year old central midfielder, Jorde Brouwer, and we still haven't seen anything of him yet.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #41: Jun 28, 2007 05:34:20 pm
      Momo Sissoko has become the latest player to pledge his future to the Reds after signing a new four-year deal. 
      The Mali international had been linked with a summer move away from Liverpool but the player himself has denied he ever considered leaving Anfield.

After putting pen to paper on a contract that will keep him at the club until at least 2011 Sissoko told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It was never in my thoughts to leave Liverpool.

"I read about the speculation linking me with other clubs but I am already at a big big club and it's an honour for me to be able to call myself a Liverpool player.

"I feel fresh and can't wait for the new season to start. I am injury-free and although I know I'll face a battle for a place in the team as we have so many great midfielders I'm prepared to fight for a position.

"It obviously gave me a huge boost to my confidence that the manager believes in me and wanted me to stay at the club. Now I want to repay him on the pitch."

So that ends all the speculation of him leaving.
      Good to see that he wants to stay and that we want him to say.
      I, for one, would love to see him regain his best form, and quiet all his forum doubters.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #42: Jun 28, 2007 05:38:50 pm
       :D :D :D Have you seen Rafa's new goatie on the picture of him shaking hands with Momo?! Its on the officail website, bloody pissed myself!
      xen105
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 78 posts | -4 
      Re: Momo Sissoko (new contract signed 28/6/07)
      Reply #43: Jun 28, 2007 06:31:42 pm
      it is jokes but i think he looks good!
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #44: Jun 28, 2007 06:40:29 pm
      good news we need as many good players as possible an momo's one of them i didn't like the way people were slating him because of a few bad games to wards the end of last season , momo's one of the reasons we beat barca and has plenty of potential and when he play he gives it 100 %. 
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #45: Jun 28, 2007 09:05:57 pm
      the goatee makes rafa look english, had to look twice

Quick Reply