Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Palace [Premier League] Sat 19th Jan @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of January and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D2 L6

John Arne Riise - Fulham

Read 11844 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,471 posts | 2045 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: John Arne Riise - Fulham
      Reply #60: Jun 14, 2016 04:24:22 pm
      Happy retirement John. Thanks for all the memories.
      A superb left-back who was for a while my favourite player.
      I feel so old seeing him retiring from the game!
      Passportboy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #61: Jun 14, 2016 04:31:55 pm
      The Ginger Prince has left the building... Loved this guy!

The day he hit a ball so hard it broke Alan Smiths leg - (not that that is something to laugh about of course) unreal... What a bloody cannon he had...

For my money these are the players we should be bringing back into the club to help us. Imagine the work he could do finding us the next Riise and we all know the Scandinavia churns out some world class players!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,197 posts | 4647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #62: Jun 14, 2016 06:13:34 pm
      Best wishes to the great man on his retirement. What an awesome player and career but most of all a great guy as well. There are hundreds of nations armies out there who would have killed to have a weapon as deadly as his left foot! 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,114 posts | 1341 
      Reply #63: Nov 25, 2016 03:28:34 pm
      He'll be at the academy for a few months in 2017 to do his coaching badges. Be good to see him back for whatever period of time it'll be.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,132 posts | 2446 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #64: Nov 25, 2016 03:33:33 pm
      He'll be at the academy for a few months in 2017 to do his coaching badges. Be good to see him back for whatever period of time it'll be.

Awesome.

His Twitter is full of love for the club. Deserves to learn his trade while at the club.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,114 posts | 1341 
      Reply #65: Nov 25, 2016 03:47:49 pm
      Awesome.

His Twitter is full of love for the club. Deserves to learn his trade while at the club.

He was easily one of my favourite players when he was here, scored some amazing goals too! I think it's great that the club are allowing him to get the experience here.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,132 posts | 2446 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Nov 25, 2016 05:12:40 pm
      He was easily one of my favourite players when he was here, scored some amazing goals too! I think it's great that the club are allowing him to get the experience here.

It's really great to see so many former players being allowed back to learn their trade.

And Jürgen seems willing to accommodate.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 588 posts | 55 
      Reply #67: Dec 28, 2018 05:39:12 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/28/craig-bellamy-raised-the-club-and-swung-he-could-have-ended-my-career-john-arne-riise-liverpool?fbclid=IwAR1CSZfXSA_d-FXLapiwSRklL-U69Z6nmuSyYjc_QMUCCjV3hB9AoSSViPw

Interesting excerpt's from Riise's league regarding his brawl with Bellamy in Barcelona before out Champions League clash in 2007, in which they both scored btw.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 588 posts | 55 
      Reply #68: Dec 28, 2018 05:39:44 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/28/craig-bellamy-raised-the-club-and-swung-he-could-have-ended-my-career-john-arne-riise-liverpool?fbclid=IwAR1CSZfXSA_d-FXLapiwSRklL-U69Z6nmuSyYjc_QMUCCjV3hB9AoSSViPw

Interesting read from excerpts of Riise's book regarding his brawl with Bellamy in Barcelona before our Champions League clash in 2007, in which they both scored btw.

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2018 05:44:03 pm by siavashiva »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,583 posts | 1860 
      Reply #69: Dec 28, 2018 06:11:22 pm

And if Bellamy had dared to come out of his room the next morning, as he had agreed, Riise would have smashed the little tw*t to pieces.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,754 posts | 3403 
      Reply #70: Dec 29, 2018 03:14:17 pm
      And if Bellamy had dared to come out of his room the next morning, as he had agreed, Riise would have smashed the little tw*t to pieces.

Hahaha as if, the only thing I remember John Arne smashing was the birds he had on the side ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,583 posts | 1860 
      Reply #71: Dec 29, 2018 04:00:33 pm
      Hahaha as if, the only thing I remember John Arne smashing was the birds he had on the side ;)

:laugh:

Riise was and is a big lad, he'd have smashed Bellamy to bits, which is why Bellamy hid in his room the next morning andwouldn't come out til Riise had gone.
      If Bellamy was all that, he wouldn't have needed a f**king golf club to do Riise, he'd have just gone in and fu**ed him up, but the gobby f**king midget had to get tooled up first, like a f**king coward.  ;)
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,797 posts | 2268 
      Reply #72: Dec 29, 2018 04:30:18 pm
      I’d pay PPV to watch them pair at it... 😂
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,583 posts | 1860 
      Reply #73: Dec 29, 2018 04:38:03 pm
      I’d pay PPV to watch them pair at it... 😂

Don't think it would last long mate.

In my experience, anyone that has to get tooled up for a row like that isn't worth a sh*t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,754 posts | 3403 
      Reply #74: Dec 30, 2018 06:55:49 pm
      :laugh:

Riise was and is a big lad, he'd have smashed Bellamy to bits, which is why Bellamy hid in his room the next morning andwouldn't come out til Riise had gone.
      If Bellamy was all that, he wouldn't have needed a f**king golf club to do Riise, he'd have just gone in and fu**ed him up, but the gobby f**king midget had to get tooled up first, like a f**king coward.  ;)

You should chill out and remember what it led to and that no one is really that arsed other than it led to one hell of a goal celebration :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,583 posts | 1860 
      Reply #75: Dec 30, 2018 08:17:09 pm
      You should chill out and remember what it led to and that no one is really that arsed other than it led to one hell of a goal celebration :laugh:

I'm perfectly chilled fella.
      I thought the laugh and the smiley face indicated that, but apparently not.

Quick Reply