Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

John Arne Riise - Fulham

Read 29329 times
      RedLFCBlood
      John Arne Riise - Fulham
      Aug 12, 2009 06:51:59 pm
      Just scored for Norway against Scotland has Riise........... Allways had a sweet left foot.

Former player thread here: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=828.0
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2011 03:45:08 pm by Bpatel »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      John Arne Riise - Roma
      Reply #1: Aug 12, 2009 07:05:35 pm
      Just scored for Norway against Scotland has Riise........... Allways had a sweet left foot.

Had the help of a deflection. Just a shame you couldn't say the same about his heading ability!!
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2009 07:19:33 pm by ayrton77 »
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: John Arne Riise - Roma
      Reply #2: Aug 13, 2009 08:32:23 am
      He was good against Scotland, in a match where Norway absolutely bullied them.

His brother, Bjorn Helge Riise looked good as well.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #3: Aug 13, 2009 11:36:20 am
      RIISE: AQUILANI WILL SHINE AT ANFIELD

Roma defender John Arne Riise has backed former teammate Alberto Aquilani to be a star in the Barclays Premier League.
      Riise knows all about adapting to life in England after spending seven years at Anfield - and he believes his Italian friend has all the qualities necessary to succeed.

"When I first came to Roma, I didn't know a thing about Aquilani," said Riise, who swapped Merseyside for Rome last summer.

"I knew all about Francesco Totti, Daniele De Rossi and Philippe Mexes, of course, but Aquilani was the player who surprised me the most in my first months with what he could do.

"He's really good on the ball, with good passing, good movement, he works hard and is a good professional.

"He likes to have the ball at his feet but not because he likes to dribble, he just wants to keep the team moving. He never stands still, he's always on the run.

"He certainly runs more than Xabi and is probably more dangerous in terms of getting in the box and trying to score goals.

"When I came to Rome he was my neighbour and helped me out a lot. He's a good friend. Liverpool will be getting a very good player."

Aquilani will become just the second Italy international to sign for Liverpool after agreeing personal terms to complete the move from Serie A.

Riise added: "There is an obvious difference between the Italian and English leagues.

"Here it is more tactical whereas in England you're playing 90 minutes up and down, up and down, and there is more emphasis on power and physical force. But Cristiano Ronaldo isn't all about physique and he has been the best player in the Premier League in recent seasons.

"Everyone can adapt. It just takes time. The key is how long it takes. I was lucky - I fitted in quite quickly when I came from Monaco. Alberto is someone who wants to make the most of his talent and wants to prove himself, so if Liverpool come in for you it is very hard to say no."

Meanwhile, Riise remains a keen follower of his former club and believes 2009-10 could be an historic season for the Kop.

"Last season I was so sure they would do it. They made a fantastic start but drew some games and United got stronger," said the Norway international.

"I really hope they can do it this time. Xabi and Alvaro Arbeloa leaving is a shame, but Glen Johnson is a brilliant signing.

"All the Premier League games are shown on Sky Italia, and I managed to watch every Liverpool game last season. The club is in my heart. I had all my highlights at Liverpool. I still speak with Stevie and Carra, as well as Pepe Reina and Dirk Kuyt.

"The first months for me at Roma were hard, learning a new language and settling in, but I am happy here and enjoying it. We can have a really good season and I hope Liverpool can, too."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2009/aug/7/N165324090807-1944.htm

Still love the guy ..we shoud've never sold him .
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Aug 13, 2009 01:05:16 pm
      Quote from JAR
      "All the Premier League games are shown on Sky Italia, and I managed to watch every Liverpool game last season. The club is in my heart. I had all my highlights at Liverpool. I still speak with Stevie and Carra, as well as Pepe Reina and Dirk Kuyt."

Top fella, John.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5: Aug 13, 2009 01:52:52 pm
      He's still got as long as he stays away from the 5 yard box and tries to clear with a diving header  :f_tongueincheek:
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6: Aug 13, 2009 02:08:29 pm
      What a legend.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #7: Aug 13, 2009 05:47:55 pm
      He was one of the best LB in PL. Even Evra couldn't match that.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Aug 13, 2009 07:09:30 pm
      I love JAR! Now he doesn't play for the 'Pool any more! Hardly a legend and his sweet left foot just wellied the ball against a Jock defender causing the ball to fly in the opposite corner.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 13, 2009 10:12:04 pm
      If only his right peg was a bit better than it is now... :D
      Still a legend and has won many things with us, not a bad achievement at all.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 13, 2009 10:59:40 pm
      Still like to hear ex players doing well and happy he scored last night.

Done a great job for us and i will never forget him for that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Aug 13, 2009 11:03:35 pm
      Legend. Hopefully he will have a much more settled season with them in 09/10.
      Danutz92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 28, 2009 12:18:36 am
      Riise scored a goal, today in Roma 7-1 Kosice.
      stevieg86
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 28, 2009 03:54:08 pm
      Really wish he was still with us. Him at left-back, Johnson at right-back would be very good indeed. Especially going forward - counter attacks galore!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #14: Aug 28, 2009 06:01:05 pm
      Always loved John. Wished he was still with us. I mean, he'd be great down the left. Rather have him on the bench than Dossena.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #15: Sep 01, 2009 01:36:16 pm
      Yeah, i cant disagree with that, id still have had Risse here, unfortunately a lot of people never forgave him for the o.g against the chavs, it hurt Riise as much as it hurt us, and that should not have happened , he loves this club still. And given the choice now Riise or Dossena , i know who i would have.
      stevieg86
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #16: Sep 01, 2009 03:38:20 pm
      Yeah, I cant disagree with that, id still have had Risse here, unfortunately a lot of people never forgave him for the o.g against the chavs, it hurt Riise as much as it hurt us, and that should not have happened , he loves this club still. And given the choice now Riise or Dossena , I know who I would have.

Riise every single time. Like you said, he loves the club. He would walk back to Anfield to play for us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17: Sep 02, 2009 02:57:07 am
      Yeah, i cant disagree with that, id still have had Risse here, unfortunately a lot of people never forgave him for the o.g against the chavs, it hurt Riise as much as it hurt us, and that should not have happened , he loves this club still. And given the choice now Riise or Dossena , i know who i would have.

Insua, at least he can defend!

Christ a legend, has everyone forgot his right-foot was F***ing useless, just there for standing on and if i remember rightly was giving a roasting TWICE by Pennant when he played for Leeds and Birmingham.

He was alright, scored a few good goals, but I wouldn't be going over the top about him.

sajven
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #18: Sep 02, 2009 08:18:34 pm
      Insua> Risse...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #19: Sep 02, 2009 11:42:48 pm

Well, duh!

Insua > Riise though is a different story ::)
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #20: Jul 06, 2011 01:37:36 am
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #21: Jul 06, 2011 09:45:04 am
      I wanna see him back in the EPL - i think he still has the drive for it.

I want him to return to Anfield.

The ginger f**ker owes us a goal 

;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #22: Jul 06, 2011 10:56:22 am
      Will the Fulham fans still chant 'Mummy's boy' ?. He's too good for Fulham.

Quick Reply