Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Football Manager 10

Read 294637 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Football Manager 10
      Reply #4600: Nov 07, 2010 03:05:56 pm
      Very, very inconsistent. I bought him too when i thought he'd be great in my Championship career and did nothing.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #4601: Nov 07, 2010 03:22:39 pm
      Very, very inconsistent. I bought him too when i thought he'd be great in my Championship career and did nothing.
      Cheers, think I'll avoid him then.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4602: Dec 11, 2010 09:33:29 pm
      Yeah, im still playing this  :action-smiley-035:

Actually, first time for a couple months. Refused to play it for a while due to knowing it would suck up my time with school. But now im done, i gotta beer and im getting into it. Goodbye, world :D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4603: Dec 11, 2010 09:57:13 pm
      Started a career with Kidderminster Harriers.  Blooming hard work, no money & a threadbare squad & I'm still being asked to cut the wage bill. Sacked some of the older squad players to achieve this & living off some loan signings.  Got an outside chance of a play off spot this season, but only if my team stop letting in silly late goals.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4604: Dec 11, 2010 10:13:48 pm
      First game for months. 1-0 down to Man shitty at HT. Tactical changes, run out 1-3 winners.

Fair to say I've already reverted back to the table slamming, cursing, fist-pumping maniac I was when I was playing this heavily before. Love it :D
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #4605: Dec 12, 2010 03:24:25 am
      FM10. :D

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4606: Jan 17, 2011 03:10:59 pm
      Still on this, just about to start the 2035/36 season and about to start a huge overhaul of the squad. The biggest shame is this is probably my favourite regens last season.  He's a Welsh forward called Tony Lewis, brought for peanuts as a sixteen year old, had him trained with Torres and he has since far eclipsed him. Just scored his 500th goal for the club shortly before the end of last season and add to that 112 goals for Wales. I actually started enjoying the game far more when it was all regens, no preconcieved loyalty to live with, though back when Liverpool sacked me, earlier in the game, I did take Pacheco & a regen called Owen Jost to Spurs with me.  Pacheco was averaging nearly 2 assists a game for me as an attacking Forward, while Jost scored for fun, but was horribly injury prone and was never the same after his third leg break.  Think I'm going to keep this going until Liverpool sack me.  Glad I have a £113m budget for this rebuild, as I am going to need two new strikers, a goalkeeper, a central midfielder and at the very least a back up right midfielder and left back.

I'm ignoring FM2011, but am looking forward to 2012.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #4607: Jan 17, 2011 06:45:24 pm
      Still on this, just about to start the 2035/36 season and about to start a huge overhaul of the squad. The biggest shame is this is probably my favourite regens last season.  He's a Welsh forward called Tony Lewis, brought for peanuts as a sixteen year old, had him trained with Torres and he has since far eclipsed him. Just scored his 500th goal for the club shortly before the end of last season and add to that 112 goals for Wales. I actually started enjoying the game far more when it was all regens, no preconcieved loyalty to live with, though back when Liverpool sacked me, earlier in the game, I did take Pacheco & a regen called Owen Jost to Spurs with me.  Pacheco was averaging nearly 2 assists a game for me as an attacking Forward, while Jost scored for fun, but was horribly injury prone and was never the same after his third leg break.  Think I'm going to keep this going until Liverpool sack me.  Glad I have a £113m budget for this rebuild, as I am going to need two new strikers, a goalkeeper, a central midfielder and at the very least a back up right midfielder and left back.

I'm ignoring FM2011, but am looking forward to 2012.

I wish I could stick it out that long, I really do. The furthest I've played to is about 2018/19 where I get bored. And for some reason, the bit in bold made me laugh. :D

Anyway, back to FM11 I go!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4608: Feb 10, 2011 02:06:48 am
      Thought I'd share this monster with you. Vastly undervalued by FM10 in my opinion.  Been at the club since he was 15.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #4609: Feb 10, 2011 02:18:06 am
      Where'd you get him from?

He's F***ing insane.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4610: Feb 10, 2011 02:56:57 am
      Where'd you get him from?

He's F***ing insane.

Through my youth ranks.  Ridiculously good, my captain & my playmaker.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #4611: Feb 10, 2011 03:26:38 am
      Never got a player that good for me through my youth ranks.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4612: Feb 10, 2011 03:44:06 am
      My whole 22 man first team squad cost £183m, 4 players make over £100m of that alone, the rest are mainly from my youth or brought cheap as youth.  Had some great kids come through over the years, just flogged one to Man City for £50m, my 2nd choice left winger and got a 19 year old kid, nearly as good to take his place.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #4613: Feb 10, 2011 04:01:21 am
      Going to need screenshots of the two. I love boss regens and they're usually dirt cheap.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #4614: Feb 10, 2011 12:24:56 pm
      That guy is insanely good Roddenberry   :o
      These are the best regens I've ever found, and they were all free (minus compensation) 'cause they were about 16/17 y.o when I signed them.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #4615: Feb 10, 2011 01:02:11 pm
      F***ing sweet.

I've bought some quality ones on FM10. That was the best i reckon for regens.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4616: Apr 17, 2011 03:40:51 pm

Paul Godden, brought January last season, had some injuries and needed some short term cover.  Gives me 60 minutes or cover from the bench.  A snip at £1m.

Jamie Bryant, my first choice right winger.  Â£3m from Bristol City as a 17 year old, may eventually end up in the centre.

Tom Thackeray, my DM.  Brought all the way through from the youths.

Josh Hall, my 1st choice left winger.  Â£180k well spent, brought from Preston.  Spent several years as 2nd choice, never quite as good as my first choice, but last 2 seasons has been number 1.

Andy Knight - monster, no more more to be said.  All the way through the ranks as well.

Bastian Kramer, £1.8m as a 16 year old kid from Borussia Dortmund, 1st team by age 19.  

Tommy Cole, back up for the left or right wing nowadays, but he has been a hell of a player for me.  Spent his whole career here.

Fraser Pirie, a Scot & the rock of my defence.  Signed at 16 from Aberdeen for £1m and 2 years later a 1st team player.

Marc Dekker, another rock.  This one however, cost me £9.75m from Osasuna.  

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4617: Aug 18, 2011 01:33:35 am
      Fives year on, in game time,  thought I'd update this.  Had my best season ever last year.  Treble, semis of the league cup & scored 100+ goals and finished with 100+  pts in the league.  so here's a catalogue of my better players.

Darren Harrop, picked him up from Stoke, cost £3m quid.  Brilliany left winger.

Andy Knight, veteran warhouse now,plays centre midfield or as a second striker. Been mine since the age of 15, all the way through the youth ranks.  Mainly a 60 minute player nowadays though.

Ibrahim Couilibaly, cost me £30m.  Gets me a goal or an assist a game.

Antoly Sergeev, right winger, largely second choice last season, but has come on leaps and bounds this season.  Overpaid at £13m, but hoefully he's going to improve further.

Chris Taylor, young centre back, starting to cement his place in my 1st team.  Another player from my youth ranks.

Maurice Dubus, centre back who had a real rocky start when I first purchased him. Now a rock and my vice captain, though I, at £30m, vastly overpaid for him, but I needed a centre back.

Sam Clarke, making the breakthrough into my 1st team squad this season.  £1.3m from West Ham. Going to be a monster.

luigi Perrella, my back up right back, becausewhile my main choice is brilliant, he's injury prone.  A snip at £3m quid from Inter.

Derek MacLaren, back up on my left wing and a scotsman because every Liverpool team needs at least one of them.  Probably another one I overpaid for, £15m from Galatasaray.

Christophe Grunwald.  The one player I've blown a whole transfer budget on.  £90m.  His worst season for me, he still had an average rating of 7.24 and last season played 32+(9), scored 46 goals, got 10 assists and 10 MoM awards. 

Bastian Kramer, £1.8m he cost me, has stamina issues, but pulls through when needed.

Jamie Bryant, last season my 1st choice right winger, in a battle this year, to keep his spot.

Marc Dekker, 5 years on and still a rock.

A name some might recognise, David James, though this ones my first choice left back and only 19 years old.  Academy kid as well.

Paul Hardy, my brilliant, but slightly fragile right back.  My own Aurelio, I suppose.  Cost me £3.8m from Getafe.

Quick Reply