Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Oppo - PSV (A)

Read 1607 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      The Oppo - PSV (A)
      Mar 28, 2007 04:38:02 pm
      This gets posted before every game on another forum I go on & usually makes a great read. The writer goes on the oppostitions forum to get their opinions on the upcoming match. Personally I don't have the time to do this, but I'll put my copy & pasting skills to good use & share his work with you before every match.

Credit to Rafa-Dodd

THE OPPO:PSV (A)

PSV

League Position   -  1st

Current Home Form   -  L  W  W  L  W

Top Scorers - Farfán 16
                            Arouna Koné 10
                            Alex 5

Recent Encounters between teams
      12th Sept 2006 - PSV 0 - 0 Liverpool CL Group Game
      22nd Nov 2006 - Liverpool 2 - 0 PSV CL Group Game (Crouch. Gerrard)

Interesting Facts
      *The Eindhoven Football Club PSV was founded on 31 August 1913, at the end of a big Philips sports party marking the 100th anniversary of Dutch independence. Originally PSV Football was one of 19 members of the Philips Sports Club (in Dutch abbreviated to PSV).The present Philips Stadium is still on the same location where it was first built.

*After winning the European Cup, PSV succeeded in completing a deal with one of the world?s most talented players: Romario de Souza Faria. During the early nineties he was undoubtedly the star player on the Dutch pitches. After his departure in 1993, he was replaced by another talented youngster: Ronaldo, a world class striker.

*Romário needs to score just one more goal in order to reach the magical 1,000 figure. The former PSV striker took his career tally to 999 goals, after scoring one goal in Vasco da Gama's 3-0 win over Flamengo at the famous Maracanã Stadium on Sunday night and came even close to netting his 1,000th goal.

Club Honours
      1928-1929 National Champions
      1934-1935 National Champions
      1949-1950 KNVB Cup Winners
      1950-1951 National Champions
      1962-1963 National Champions
      1973-1974 KNVB Cup Winners
      1974-1975 National Champions
      1975-1976 National Champions - KNVB Cup Winners
      1977-1978 UEFA Cup Winners - National Champions
      1985-1986 National Champions
      1986-1987 National Champions
      1987-1988 European Cup Winners - National Champions - KNVB Cup Winners
      1988-1989 National Champions - KNVB Cup Winners
      1989-1990 KNVB Cup Winners
      1990-1991 National Champions
      1991-1992 National Champions
      1992-1993 Winners Supercup
      1995-1996 KNVB Cup Winners 
      1996-1997 Winners Supercup - National Champions
      1997-1998 Winners Supercup
      1998-1999 Winners Supercup
      1999-2000 National Champions
      2000-2001 Winners Supercup  - National Champions
      2001-2002 Winners Supercup
      2002-2003 National Champions
      2003-2004 Winners Supercup
      2004-2005 National Champions  - KNVB Cup Winners
      2005-2006 National Champions

Totals 
      National Champions 19x
      KNVB Cup Winners 8x
      Supercup Winners 7x
      UEFA Cup Winner 1x
      European Cup Winner 1x

And now thanks to the lads and lasses at

-----------------------------------------------------

Firstly, we played you twice in the group stages coming away with a draw and a win, do you think it will be different this time around?

Davitamonnetje: It will be diffrent. When we lost there was nothing too lose for both clubs. So it could go either way. About the first draw, it was the first match, offcourse we were happy to play 0-0, thats a good start of the campaign.

SunXianG: Yes, the last time we already are in for the next round, and gives the goals away, but we are playin bad afther the winter.

CyndiBop:Of course will be different, and it's not just about our and your actual shape; knock-out rounds make you play according to lots of factors you can't consider in a group game. Then you should not rely on the 2-0 at Anfield where we missed some key players and we had more important matches to play in Eredivisie.

Timmy Simons:Yes it'll surely be different. By now it's the knock-out stages, so PSV and Liverpool will both play else than they did the last time.

You knocked out Arsenal in the last round - well done, and we knocked out Barcelona, do you believe you can go on and win the CL? If not who will?

Davitamonnetje:I do have convidence in our team when we have all our best players on the pitch. So then maybe we have a chance against all the teams. I don't think we can win the CL now. Mainly because our poor form in the competition, our first concern in being the champion of Holland again. Plus we have some injuries now again and the backup players aren't of the same quality.
      If we don't I see Man U winning the CL.

SunXianG:Everything is possible in the CL..
      No idea who will wins, I think Chelsea of Milan got an nice chance

CyndiBop:Naturally we can beat both Chelsea and Valencia, as you can do the same; then in a final match all can happen.

Timmy Simons:We're still in, so we can win the Champions League. But I don't think our chances will be big.. because we just don't have the best team and at the moment we also have a lot of injuries. I think Manchester United will have a good chance to win the CL this year.

Hows your season gone domestically this year?

Davitamonnetje:With a lot of ups and down actually. We started not good, lost at FC Twente, we were some points behind Ajax. Then we came back played like we did under Hiddink.
      This year we started with 11 points ahead, we are playing crappy in my opinion. The thing that bothers me is the bad motivation of some players against the smaller teams. They have a "ooh we will win this easily vibe" over themselfs wich I really don't like. They don't have that in the CL dough
      But this and our small squad are costing us points so the competition isn't decided yet.

SunXianG:Afther the winter we playd not well.

CyndiBop:Not so well, usually we never lose at home: it might happen once a year when it comes to do while this season we lost even 4 times, but expecially after the winter break our form is poor.

Timmy Simons:It started very well, but by now it's going not so well. PSV isn't playing good and they are loosing to many points. But still we are 5 points in front of our concurrents, so I think we'll be champion this year!

Who's your best player(s) this season? Who should Carra and Co be worried about?

Davitamonnetje:Our best player by far is Alex. Sadly he won't be fit to play, so Kuyt and Bellamy will be happy about that  So they player they should fear is Gomes, Cocu and Koné (if he is fit to play). Gomes > best keeper in Europe!, Cocu is our true captain, and Koné and Farfan can be magic sometimes. 

SunXianG:Alex plays well this season, but he isnt fit enough, And Gomes, our nice keeper.

CyndiBop:I think Psv gets 5 world-class players who can twiddle a match anytime, then few ok players and finally back-up players whose value isn't PSV level at all.
      The fact is that PSV has got a short players packet,so when we miss our most important players well I admit we're just nothing special. Players who can make difference: well, pretty clear: Gomes, Alex, Cocu, Kone, Farfan. (I can include of course Kluivert if he get his game,no way his talent can be argued). Knotty issue to hold at bay Kone and Farfan and it's really so complex to mark them for any defender,Farfan most of all is getting craftier and craftier as days pass by.

Timmy Simons:Alex. But you're lucky, he won't play against you cause of his injury. But Cocu, Simons, Salcido and Gomes are also very good players.. And if Farfán and Koné will be back 'in shape'.. be aware of them

Dirk Kuyt has acheived cult status on the KOP already at Liverpool, what are you memories of him playing in Holland for Feyenood?

Davitamonnetje:Well he was a real F'noord player as well. Like F'noord, L'pool likes hard working players who will go for it the whole 90minutes. He was like that here too and therefore loved by his fans. He scored his goals as well.

SunXianG:Good player, that last season with Kuyt and Kalou, was the best season of Feyenoord the last years I think

CyndiBop:I wouldn't had any shilly-shallying about he would have had a sudden and early impact in Premiership: his dedicated tendency to sacrifice and work-rate in a team has been a influent advantage in his english stay, then there's nothing strange, he's a great player, even worms know that. How can you play in Oranje if you're not talented??
      As far as regards his feyenoord past, what can I say? look at feyenoord now and you realize it.

Timmy Simons:He was very important for Feyenoord, he always workes hard and scores a lot of goals. I like him as a player.

What are you views on the Liverpool squad and our manager?

Davitamonnetje:You have some worldclass players, on a good day you can beat everyone. Dough I think you have some weaknesses in the team. I don't think you have worldclass strikers, I never was a fan of Craig an Peter, Kuyt is allright. Fowler is over the top. You midfield is worldclass, the defence is pretty good to, we have to have a good day to beat them. Reina is a good keeper, dough I really think Gomes is a lot better.
      Benitez, he is doing ok with L'pool. But somehow you never have a chance at the Premiership with this team and the way he is playing.

SunXianG:No idea who's Liverpool's manager, Liverpool self is an hard working team. They can do wonderfull thinks.

CyndiBop:I know you so well since I watch EPL by routine. I think you're not that different from our playing display; your team is founded on solid defensive sill just like ours (don't see PSV-Ajax as a custom example).An effective and swift attacking system, just consider how Kuijt and Bellamy are totally suitable to Kone and Farfan in terms of dynamics and attitude to all gear as team-overall. I think Liverpool is very sneaky and though as Psv is. A team that apparently leaves you unaffected but then you realize it's always a kick in the **** to play. So for the tactical set-up, for all surroundings, and then of course for the simple value of the team it's very hard to play against.
      All aforesaid is to apply to Benitez of course.

Timmy Simons:Liverpool has a good squad, espacially Kuijt and Gerard are great players. I don't know Benitez very well.. but I think he's a good coach.

And your views on our fans?

Davitamonnetje:The Reds fans are the best I know. When you guys won the FA cup I saw everyone celebrating and singing "your song", I got the chills.

SunXianG:My parents got friends, they are English and fan of Liverpool, they are fanatic fans.
      They really stand behind Liverpool, I think all Liverpool fans do that. I have got a Liverpool shirt from them too by the way.

CyndiBop:Well I must be honest now: you're so nice. All your behaviour is profoundly tied to the true feelings and the most honest values of football, you can cheer all night and all day for your team even if it gets beated off, your faith and lustre as fans is over anything. you guys got a big heart

Timmy Simons:Great fans, great stadium

Champions League 2005 - The Best Final Ever?

Davitamonnetje:I really enjoyed that match. When you were 3-0 behind I was sad cause I had hopes for a exciting final. The way you guys came back was a miracle! Dudek was magnificant that day! I think back at that final with a lot of pleasure

SunXianG:Uhm, not the best I think

CyndiBop:hmmm..best is a too broad word. Maybe enthralling, mad, funny... but it's so hard to compare matches, naturally at least as mad as Manchester-Bayern 2-1 

Timmy Simons:No, in 2005 we should be playing against you in the final  We were much better than AC Milan, but Ambrossino also was there..... So I liked it AC Milan didn't win the CL after they even were 3 goals in front of you. It shurely was a nice final.

What can our travelling army expect from Einhoven? (The city in general and the fans in the stadium.)

Davitamonnetje:The city is nice and the fans too

SunXianG:The same likes Liverpool, but then smaller

CyndiBop:that's not the question for me

Timmy Simons:It's a nice city. And in the Philips Stadium there's a great atmosphere, espacially with Champions League matches.

Can you predict the score for the first leg at your place?

Davitamonnetje:I'm hoping we can play a 0-0 our maybe have a small win 1-0. Then we have a chance if L'pool score a goal it will be very tough!
      It will be very tight I think.

SunXianG:No, in Football I think everything is possible

CyndiBop: I agree with Davitamonnetje on this, I reckon on our small win: I think we'll win 1-0.

Timmy Simons: I think we'll win by 1 goal. 1-0, goal scored by Kluivert.
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2007 04:39:36 pm by EddieC »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: The Oppo - PSV (A)
      Reply #1: Mar 28, 2007 05:33:05 pm
      Interesting read that Eddie. Cheers!
      Why is it the same people replying to the questions though? Was it a questionare on a PSV forum from Rafa-Dodd? Or has Rafa-Dodd made it up? hehe. ;) Just kidding.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: Mar 28, 2007 06:00:51 pm
      Why is it the same people replying to the questions though? Was it a questionare on a PSV forum from Rafa-Dodd?

The answer is in EddieC's second line!

The writer goes on the oppostitions forum to get their opinions on the upcoming match.

Good post.  I remember doing something a bit similar a while back, but with three games in a week I never had the time either!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Mar 28, 2007 06:10:52 pm
      Comprehensive isnt it?, I now know everything except the name of the PSV groundsmans cat :D

Joking aside many thanks for the info Eddie its nice to get the lowdown on European opposition.

SunXianG:Everything is possible in the CL..
      No idea who will wins, I think Chelsea of Milan got an nice chance

I think this young man needs telling who will wins. I will give him a clue its not Milan or Chelsea
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2007 06:12:47 pm by Glenbuck »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Mar 28, 2007 10:52:37 pm
      The answer is in EddieC's second line!

I know that Koolkidda. I was just wondering why it was the same four people answering questions from the oppositions forum. Surely there's more than four people on the forum.? It's as though four of them have been picked to do a questionare. Nice to know what they think however.

Quick Reply