Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Playstation 3 already desroyed by 'Xbox 360 Elite' console

Read 12131 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Playstation 3 already desroyed by 'Xbox 360 Elite' console
      Mar 28, 2007 05:42:43 pm
      XBox 360 Elite - UK Packages and Prices here

New features:
      120gb hard drive
      Built in hd dvd player
      Now a black colour

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2007 05:28:18 pm by JD, Reason: Link added »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Playstation 3 already desroyed by 'Xbox 360 Elite' console
      Reply #1: Mar 29, 2007 02:12:54 pm

Also HDMI ports at the back.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Re: Playstation 3 already desroyed by 'Xbox 360 Elite' console
      Reply #2: Mar 29, 2007 04:00:51 pm
      Cool. How much?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #3: Mar 29, 2007 04:12:38 pm
      Nearly the price of a PS3 i think $479 convert that into GBP but we all know the prices in this country are sky high compared to America. Premium cost $399 and core cost $299 so maybe i should go back on my topic title, might aswell buy a PS3 which apparently the blue ray is better than hd and PS3 in America cost $499 so only $21 between the two consoles. Maybe Bill Gates is panacing
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Mar 29, 2007 05:03:36 pm
      Nearly the price of a PS3 i think $479 convert that into GBP but we all know the prices in this country are sky high compared to America. Premium cost $399 and core cost $299 so maybe i should go back on my topic title, might aswell buy a PS3 which apparently the blue ray is better than hd and PS3 in America cost $499 so only $21 between the two consoles. Maybe Bill Gates is panacing

Yeah I think 'big Bill' is getting a little worried.
      No one will buy this though.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #5: Apr 01, 2007 11:38:31 am
      Interesting....

We'll see what happens at Christmas.

The next gen winner will surely emerge then.

XBox will need to scrap their XBox Live charges if they want to have a head on competition with Sony.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #6: Apr 01, 2007 12:30:52 pm
      I did a mission the other day and i was struggling so i went online and did the mission with someone then, it was so much easier i wonder if you can do that on the PS3 or not?

I think your right tho about Xbox needing to scrap their online prices.. maybe at least cut them down a tad bit because many won't want to pay thinking i need to buy a Xbox HD dvd player and Xbox live to make it compete with the Sony PS3 and buy that time you have spent around the same sort of price as the PS3 costs.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2007 02:24:42 pm
      Built in HD DVD? is that blue ray or the other one? Red something or other.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #8: Jul 28, 2007 07:17:15 pm
      HD DVD is the other form of next-gen DVD watching. Blu-Ray is the one backed by Sony, which is why the PS3's have 'em.

There's a big debate as to which is better, HD DVD or Blu-ray.

As to whether the Xbox Elite will destroy PS3, that's pretty debatable too... I think the PS3 has HDMI ports and it the larger size is 80gb I think, so not really that much difference in the end. PS3 is already available in Black, so you've got nothing style-wise there ;).

Of course I don't myself own a PS3, with it still being wayyyy too expensive for me. I hope the price cuts that have been put in place over in the US will come to the UK soon, so I might be able to snatch one for xmas or my birthday. *Crosses fingers*
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 29, 2007 10:02:28 am
      PS3 has 60Gb.  It's a great machine and the games catalogue is starting to build up nicely with hundreds of games in development.

PS Online is free but more importantly the unveiling of PS Home later this autumn will blow the Xbox 360 out of the water. 
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #10: Jul 29, 2007 12:27:38 pm
      Think its £329.99 over here... Whereas the PS3 is about £430?

PS3 has 60Gb.  It's a great machine and the games catalogue is starting to build up nicely with hundreds of games in development.

PS Online is free but more importantly the unveiling of PS Home later this autumn will blow the Xbox 360 out of the water. 

Whats PS Home? Can you have friends?
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2007 08:52:51 am
      PS Home is kinda like the Sims, (I think) you build yourself as a character and when you go online you can walk around a virtual world and chat to anybody online, also if you meet people you know you can watch any downloaded content they have on there PS3 on your tv.........(how cool is that?)

(this is just what i've seen on the demo in virgin)

PS3 will beat Xbox, Xbox Elite, (just have to wait till more titles come out but when they do you see the power of the PS3!!)

:)
      christov84
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 30, 2007 10:43:05 am
      priesty, think you're a little obsessed with the PS3, not enough games yet mate, not worth the cash until xmas '08 until some decent games are out, even those that are out now, you can't play ranked online matches which defeats the point IMO
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 31, 2007 08:07:28 am
      maybe ;)
      Think its £329.99 over here... Whereas the PS3 is about £430?

Whats PS Home? Can you have friends?

PS3 Home info...........

SCEI ANNOUNCES GROUND-BREAKING, NEXT-GENERATION 3D ONLINE-USER COMMUNITY - 'Home'
      Free Download to Allow Broad User Interaction in Highly Detailed Community Environment; Opens Door to User-Created Content, Collaboration and Commerce
      TOKYO and SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March 7, 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced the unveiling of a first-of-its-kind 3D online user community service for the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system. The service, known as “Home,” will enable users to create their own avatar and explore a real-time virtual community, as if they are playing a detailed 3D game for PS3. The service will become available globally beginning in fall 2007.
      Home will be demonstrated at the Game Developer’s Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, California on March 7 as a key element of SCEI Worldwide Studios’ President Phil Harrison’s keynote presentation titled “Game 3.0: Developing and Creating for the 3rd Age of Videogames.”
      Home is a real-time online 3D, networked community available on the PLAYSTATION®Network. It allows PS3 users to interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share private content and even build and show off their own personal spaces to others in real time. Home will be available as a free download from the PLAYSTATION®Store and will launch directly from XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) on PS3.
      With an avatar uniquely customized according to each user’s preference, users can explore the 3D community that is Home – a sleek, modern environment featuring spacious common areas; custom spaces dedicated to specific games; and personal apartments. Each user is assigned an apartment in Home where they can invite others to join them as they show off their own style in an area they can personalize themselves with furniture, art and other items – even a different view from their windows. They can also show their personal video, pictures and other digital media content found on their PS3 hard drives in their apartments. Very rich interactive communication with others is achieved through built in text, audio and video chat, along with sophisticated emotional animations for each character.
      Sharing continues in the “Hall of Fame,” where users can display new 3D trophies that will be unlocked through in-game milestones for the games they own as well viewing the trophies of other users across the PLAYSTATION Network and for other games they’ve yet to purchase.
      “This is a significant step forward in the area of user community services and emergent entertainment experiences,” said Izumi Kawanishi, Corporate Executive and CTO Software, SCEI. “While the 3D graphics demonstrate the power of PS3 and the PLAYSTATION Network, the most impressive feature in Home is the variety of ways in which multiple consumers, as well as our third-party partners, can experience the next generation of communication by interacting and sharing among each other. I feel strongly that this unique blend of community, user-generated content, collaboration and commerce will expand the future of computer entertainment.”
      Home will go into a closed beta test this spring with a full launch targeted for later this year. By having a broad range of business partners participate in Home – from 3rd party publishers and developers to brands outside traditional gaming categories - along with a powerful selection of upcoming game software titles for PS3, SCEI will continue to expand the horizons of networked entertainment and vigorously promote PS3 as the next generation computer entertainment platform.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Have you got £425 to throw away?
      Reply #14: Aug 21, 2007 12:47:48 am
      If not then why not buy the Xbox 360 which is just as good as the PS3. The PS3 only beats the 360 on sound levels and Blue Ray but apart from that graphics wise the 360 is as good if not better! Most decent games on the PS3 will be on the 360 anyway, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, GTA IV... you name it!

Unless you've got money to spend, there is no point in buying the PS3.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Have you got £425 to throw away?
      Reply #15: Aug 21, 2007 12:50:23 am
      Assassins Creed? Isnt' that only on PC and PS3?

and apparantly the PS3's graphics are alot better.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Have you got £425 to throw away?
      Reply #16: Aug 21, 2007 01:03:41 am
      and apparantly the PS3's graphics are alot better.

Oh get lost! Alot better? Not quite sure about that one mate!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #17: Aug 21, 2007 01:10:47 pm
      Well, I said apparantly. I wouldn't trust myself to make a definate comment like saying they are certainly better. I'd like to hear from someone who's used or have played both and can judge properly. have you played a PS3 yet? or are you just judging from your own xbox?
      wdavidw10
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 21, 2007 02:09:05 pm
      do u think that the x-box 360 sliver will go down in price when the x-box 360 elite is out?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #19: Aug 21, 2007 03:06:45 pm
      do u think that the x-box 360 sliver will go down in price when the x-box 360 elite is out?

Maybe not! If they bring out a more expensive one, then the version below will already seem a cheaper option!

Did anyone spot the new Halo 3 version by the way?

Looks weird and wouldn't really go with me colour scheme in me room ;) For the freaks only do you think?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #20: Aug 21, 2007 03:09:30 pm
      Looks disgusting to say the least!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #21: Aug 21, 2007 05:03:19 pm
      Looks disgusting to say the least!

Seconded! And I'm colourblind! But that's just plain nasty isn't it!

Plus, you'd feel like a bit of a knob buying it wouldn't you? Especially if the girl behind the counter was nice, you'd just look like a geek! 8)
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 21, 2007 05:11:48 pm
      WTF? that brown thing? hmmm no change i'd buy one of them!!

as for the xbox 360/ps3 i read some where currently the ps3 is running at about 20% as pretty much all the games are copys from the 360 so the graphics are only going to improve over the next year or so where as the 360 is running pretty close to full!! take from that what you will ;)

Quick Reply