Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Mobile Phones

Read 25895 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Mobile Phones
      Reply #115: Apr 25, 2011 05:08:42 pm
      I f**king love being on TescoMobile - £10 a month gets me unlimited calls, texts and internet   :o

I have to pay €49 a month for that over here in Ireland on a different network on the new phone I'm getting. Only network that does it.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #116: Apr 25, 2011 05:10:19 pm
      I f**king love being on TescoMobile - £10 a month gets me unlimited calls, texts and internet   :o

How's the signal/ reception?

I went from Orange to 02, got a sim with 300 minutes and unlimited texts for a tenner a month, can cancel with 1 months notice, the upgrade in signal is unreal, 02 is such a good company, but obviously i have a cheap shitty phone as I had to buy it.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #117: Apr 25, 2011 05:13:41 pm
      Oh and by the way for the €49/month I get unlimited calls to any network and any landline and unlimited texts to any network. Small print is 45,000 mins and 10,000 texts, neither of which I'd reach.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #118: Apr 25, 2011 11:40:57 pm

My house is notoriously bad for phone reception and it's got full-bar right now.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #119: May 08, 2011 03:51:43 pm
      Just ordered one of these bad boys, Wildfire S.

There is a cool little Android App that is going to save me £100 on a Garmin Forerunner!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,387 posts | 2823 
      Reply #120: May 08, 2011 06:54:27 pm
      Is it me or are all the HTC's pretty similar?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #121: May 08, 2011 07:33:42 pm

Think they're all built on pretty much the same design, just different features.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #122: May 08, 2011 11:04:58 pm

They are similar as they use android and then HTC sense interface.

But if you look at a Wildfire and something like a Desire HD beside each other then you can see the difference in quality, speed etc.

Like any product the higher up the range you go the better the user experience is.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #123: May 11, 2011 02:04:31 pm
      First post from my new phone ;) pretty cool
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #124: May 11, 2011 05:50:15 pm
      I am gonna get the Nokia N8 if I can get 90% in my ICSE(results out in a week.Feeling damn nervous.).Fingers crossed.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #125: May 31, 2011 08:02:55 pm
      Getting my Galaxy SII next week. ;D
      CtrlX
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #126: May 31, 2011 08:09:36 pm
      I have a HTC Incredible S. Downloaded an app named 'Liverpool FC Wallpapers' .looks good.Now Suarez is on my HOME screen.

What i am looking for is Live LFC wallpapers for my HTC.Has anyone find some collection somewhere?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #127: Jun 04, 2011 02:57:11 pm
      Getting this one next month when it's hopefully released over here.

Month and a bit later and I have it. ;D

It's a beast of a phone, and I've only got it a few hours! Highly recommend it!
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #128: Jun 09, 2011 03:02:38 pm
      going round to get a new mobile soon, any of use got any recomendations? was looking at that samsung galaxy s II.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #129: Jun 09, 2011 03:30:00 pm
      going round to get a new mobile soon, any of use got any recomendations? was looking at that samsung galaxy s II.

As I said before, get it. It's a poweful phone. What do you use your phone for?
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #130: Jun 13, 2011 09:18:06 pm
      Ordered the iPhone 4 which should arrive this week :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #131: Jun 20, 2011 07:48:23 am
      Mate has the Galaxy SII and the features are snazzy but he said he's not liking the lag it generates after some use. Same for my sister.

My other sister, and two of my mates have HTC's and after two months all of theirs have gone kaput. Non-responsive, no signal, freezes all the time etc.

With that in mind i'll be getting an iPhone. Not had troubles with Apple yet.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #132: Jun 20, 2011 08:09:11 am
      As I said before, get it. It's a poweful phone. What do you use your phone for?

Indeed it is IO. I ended up picking between the Galaxy SII and the HTC Sensation (which I've settled on). Both eat the ass clean off the poser phone by a country mile. Little or no research will confirm how far behind apple are in  smart-phone technology but I suppose iPhones look pretty and nearly all the girls I know have got one so it's not all bad.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #133: Jun 20, 2011 08:18:45 am
      Had my iPhone 3GS since September '09, not had one problem. Brilliant little thing.

Longest ive ever had a phone as well! Used to go through a lot on the farm :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #134: Jun 20, 2011 08:23:20 am
      Indeed it is IO. I ended up picking between the Galaxy SII and the HTC Sensation (which I've settled on). Both eat the ass clean off the poser phone by a country mile. Little or no research will confirm how far behind apple are in  smart-phone technology but I suppose iPhones look pretty and nearly all the girls I know have got one so it's not all bad.

I give it two months, bbb.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #135: Jun 20, 2011 08:45:58 am

I promise I'll let you know should it fail me. So far any HTC I've (and family) had have been excellent - way ahead of apple mate and that's a fact. Apple were on their 4th generation before they incorporated a flash for their camera FFS - they hold back on the technology knowing full well that by drip-feeding them on to the market they'll maximise profit.

Be guaranteed tho', by the time iPhone 5G hits the street it will have most of (but not all) of the features that both the Samsung GSII & HTC Sense already have. It will look pretty tho' (of that I've no doubt) - most fashion accessories do.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #136: Jun 20, 2011 08:54:15 am
      Samsung and HTC are carbon copies of wannabe iPhone. The slide phone has been perfected by Apple. Minimal lag, smooth features and apps, strong, long lasting, and you have access to anything you want.

Thats from my experience, though. My contract ran out and my iPhone was locked to my previous provider who i cancelled with, so now i have to revert back to my sisters' Samsung Galaxy to be able to use my new sim card. I hate it. So slow and unresponsive.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #137: Jun 21, 2011 08:43:19 am

Now there's two words that you can always use together, without contradiction, when you speak about the iPhone - just throw "with an" in the middle and there ya go.  ;D

Joking aside - if the dual core processor in your sisters Galaxy SII is producing lag and is slower than an iPhone - I'd bring the f**ker back (it may be down to the incredible 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen but I doubt it).  There's something wrong there crouchy.

Anyhow good luck in your quest.

Quick Reply