Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Mobile Phones

Read 25900 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Mobile Phones
      Reply #138: Jun 21, 2011 09:07:04 am
      Mate has the Galaxy SII and the features are snazzy but he said he's not liking the lag it generates after some use. Same for my sister.

My other sister, and two of my mates have HTC's and after two months all of theirs have gone kaput. Non-responsive, no signal, freezes all the time etc.

With that in mind I'll be getting an iPhone. Not had troubles with Apple yet.

I had a Desire for nearly a year and the only problem I had with it towards the end was the battery life because I used it so much it never charged to its optimal point for me for some reason.

But the iPhone is still sh*te in my eyes. Android system shits all over the iOS.

The GSII is by far the best phone I've had.

Joking aside - if the dual core processor in your sisters Galaxy SII is producing lag and is slower than an iPhone - I'd bring the f**ker back (it may be down to the incredible 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen but I doubt it).  There's something wrong there crouchy.

Anyhow good luck in your quest.

This. Maybe they should clear their RAM via task manager or exit open applications the same way as this would slow down the phone. There's no reason why a dual core phone should be giving even a minimalistic amount of lag.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #139: Jun 21, 2011 09:26:46 am
      Android system shits all over the iOS.

Fact and...

...There's no reason why a dual core phone should be giving even a minimalistic amount of lag.

Fact.  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #140: Jun 21, 2011 09:47:03 am
      But the iPhone is still sh*te in my eyes. Android system shits all over the iOS.

Agree. I'm on my second HTC now, Desire HD and I love it. Some think it's a bit too big but that's the main reason I got it. Nice large screen for web browsing and not bad for reading e books as well. Only downside is it's not clear in sunlight.

Gave my Legend to my wife and the only thing I miss from it is the AMOLED screen and the way it looked. Easily the nicest phone I've owned.
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2011 10:13:18 am by srslfc »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #141: Jun 21, 2011 09:50:53 am
      I don't agree but there you go. I've had both and prefer the iPhone. Smoother, longer lasting, more access to features and great for web browsing.

Joking aside - if the dual core processor in your sisters Galaxy SII is producing lag and is slower than an iPhone - I'd bring the f**ker back (it may be down to the incredible 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen but I doubt it).  There's something wrong there crouchy.

Nothing wrong with the thing when it's fully charged. It just slows down when sliding the screen and brings about that annoying jittery effect as it dies out.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #142: Jun 21, 2011 09:55:36 am
      I don't agree but there you go. I've had both and prefer the iPhone. Smoother, longer lasting, more access to features and great for web browsing.

;) ;D

Only kidding crouchy. The iPhone is obviously a great phone and I think I go for android more for something a bit different. Everyone I know has iPhone.
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2011 10:13:37 am by srslfc »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #143: Jun 21, 2011 10:10:21 am
      :D

I like Android, too. I just prefer a iPhone. I know what it does, and it suits me - i want a fun phone powerful enough to handle smooth web browsing. The Galaxy and some HTC's are obviously good phones, also.

My sister is like you. She never has and never will get an iPhone even though she's always playing on apps with mine. Refuses to get a phone that everyone has and is a 100% Android fan. Down to preference, which shows because they both sell so heavily.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #144: Jun 21, 2011 10:17:05 am
      :D

I like Android, too. I just prefer a iPhone. I know what it does, and it suits me - I want a fun phone powerful enough to handle smooth web browsing. The Galaxy and some HTC's are obviously good phones, also.

My sister is like you. She never has and never will get an iPhone even though she's always playing on apps with mine. Refuses to get a phone that everyone has and is a 100% Android fan. Down to preference, which shows because they both sell so heavily.

Two or three horse race sure, Android followed by iPhone followed by blackberry.

I will admit the iPhone is a good phone but how could they win when Android is on the majority of smartphones.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #145: Jun 21, 2011 10:55:02 am
      40 carriers worldwide i believe. Big numbers but a credit to the iPhone in all honesty that they can continue to maintain more sales of their products than 40 different carriers worldwide on the Android system.

If anything, the only ones that will win are the consumer which is great. They're going to fight tooth and nail to be better than each other and it'll only mean better products and prices for us.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #146: Jun 21, 2011 11:36:38 am
      Ordered the Blackberry Curve 9300 3g yesterday, started up a new contract with Orange, it should come tomorrow. :)
      Got a great tariff too, 17.50 a month get me 200 minutes, unlimited texts, 250mb internet, email, BB services and 4 magic numbers, and the phone's free.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #147: Jun 21, 2011 01:54:36 pm
      Wish I could get an Orange signal in my home... or where I work... or at my mum's house... or at my Dad's pub...
      StevieG123
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #148: Jun 21, 2011 03:58:19 pm
      Wish I could get an Orange signal in my home... or where I work... or at my mum's house... or at my Dad's pub...

You trying to tell me something... :D
      I know from past experiences that 02 have the best signal, but orange have combined with t-mobile so are slightly better than they were. I'll manage now that i'll have internet.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #149: Jun 21, 2011 06:19:33 pm
      Samsung and HTC are carbon copies of wannabe iPhone. The slide phone has been perfected by Apple. Minimal lag, smooth features and apps, strong, long lasting, and you have access to anything you want.

Thats from my experience, though. My contract ran out and my iPhone was locked to my previous provider who i cancelled with, so now i have to revert back to my sisters' Samsung Galaxy to be able to use my new sim card. I hate it. So slow and unresponsive.

iOS is inferior to Android.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #150: Jun 21, 2011 07:50:06 pm

;D Indeed!
      StevieG123
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #151: Jun 21, 2011 08:30:45 pm
      iPhone's still better. :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #152: Jun 21, 2011 09:23:58 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #153: Jun 21, 2011 10:24:09 pm

Yes, thanks Res :D

As i said, down to preference. Did some research and Apple sells 42% more of its i-products than Android. Down to what each different person wants i suppose.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #154: Jun 21, 2011 10:43:23 pm
      Yes, thanks Res :D

As I said, down to preference. Did some research and Apple sells 42% more of its I-products than Android. Down to what each different person wants I suppose.

Does it include all its iPods and stuff? If so... then not a fair comparison.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #155: Jun 22, 2011 09:43:44 am
      Popular does not mean better, just more fashionable.

Betamax was better than VHS.

Bad Company 2 was better than Modern Warfare 2 (had to throw that in to wind Adryan up).
      StevieG123
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #156: Jun 22, 2011 10:01:20 am

Preference, there's an invisible 'imo' there somewhere :D
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #157: Jun 22, 2011 11:57:30 am
      I've used both, but I find Android better than iOS.
      iOS looks bomb when you start using it first, but loses its charm soon after. Android on the other hand, I can use for my entire life. It's good. ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #158: Jul 20, 2011 10:33:34 pm
      Bump.

I now own a blackberry 8520, as much as blackberry is sh*t for a phone, the bbm service is highly addictive, the web browsers goes at a good pace as well.

Dad now has the samsung galaxy 5, second edition, i must say it is bloody awesome, he used to have the iphone 4 but swapped it, now i understand why, much quicker, and actually looks better imo.

Quick Reply