Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Andorra 0 - 3 England

Read 2723 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Andorra 0 - 3 England
      Mar 28, 2007 10:08:45 pm
      Well typical first half really, thought we didn't really concentrate from the word go. Nothing in the first half other than Gerrard's shot and few little 'niggles' by Rooney.
      Second half thought we went straight at them. We looked a lot sharper, quicker, snappier when we had possesion. I thought Portugal were bad for diving, Andorra are the worst by far. They knew they had no chance in winning the game and they had to reduce the odds a little bit. Thats not Football for me. But anyway fantastic goals by Gerrard, and one of our ex-academy players nicked a goal - David Nugent (stuffy) but well done. Anyway was a good game (in the second half) can't complain other than Gerrard 'saved' Maclarens job. No seriously he did. If he didn't win over there tonight I thought that would of been night night for Maclaren and find another team.
      Lets see what happens now anyway. Would break my heart to see England not qualify for Euro 2008 and something needs to be done about it fast if we start to roll down hill again.
      But anyway for who ever watched it (probably not many) enjoyment all round.
      :D
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2007 10:20:30 pm by Court_LFC »
      Lea
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Re: Andorra 0 - 3 England
      Reply #1: Mar 28, 2007 10:31:25 pm
      looks like Stevie G saved the nation ;)
      so much better when Lampard isn`t in his way.
      was funny though, seeing the England fans getting a bit aggressive at half time...
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Mar 28, 2007 10:52:57 pm
      looks like Stevie G saved the nation ;)
      so much better when Lampard isn`t in his way.
      was funny though, seeing the England fans getting a bit aggressive at half time...

Nevermind the fans, what about the players? Them cheeky Andorra tw...  ::)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Mar 28, 2007 11:08:25 pm
      Yeah the first half was a load of rubbish wasn't it. Wasn't surprised at all. The highlight for me was some England fans holding up a banner saying "Borat for England manager"  :D
      Second half gradually got better - all mostly down to Gerrard bossing the midfield. Glad he got his goals and so glad he didn't get an injury!! No doubt when Lumpard is back, Gerrard will be out of favour in the middle.
      Quality compared though, we should have battered them with a cricket score!
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #4: Mar 29, 2007 01:15:43 am
      yea stevie!! save the nation!
      Cy
      Reply #5: Mar 29, 2007 10:55:42 am
      This result is nothing else then normal. England not beating Andorra would have not only be the end of Mac Laren, but the end of Terry as captain. The performance was once again very poor overall, even the second half wasn't good, Stevie delivered big time and was the only one who seemed to want to win that game. he played solid, seriously and was strong in his challenges. The fact that Andorra played that kind of game shouldn't be a surprise to anyone and especially to english players, you get on with the job and discipline yourself, even if Andorra should have finish the game at probably 9, the best response to that behaviour is to score score and score again.

Rooney was once again out of it, more the time pass and more he reminds me of GAZZA, it looks so easy to wind him up, other teams and coaches will see that as a definite weapon to use in futures games.
      The poor quality of deliveries was unforgivable, never I have seen so much balls wasted by an english side who made his reputation by scoring headers after headers.

MacLaren got his tactics wrong once again, the players won the game but the coach once again failed to delivered the result in my opinion, his attitude during the press conference was once again the prove that he is not the man for the job, he dosen't seemed to have understod what been english coach means. John Terry critics abgout the fans was also out of order, he should back his players but has the duty to also be honest with the fans. In that way, David Beckhams was a much better captain and leader in my opinion.

In all, an other poor game from a poor side with a poor coach, I'm not an english fan so I'm not really bother to see England qualified or not even if for the sake of our Liverpool players I hope they will do.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2007 10:56:13 am by Cy »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Mar 29, 2007 11:56:36 am
      This result is nothing else then normal.

You've hit the nail on the head there mate. I was chatting to my mate after the match & we both agreed that people would be coming out saying how great we were. Get real people, this result does not change anything. We were still sh!t, this is the team that Croatia beat 7-0 FFS. The best result we could've got was a draw or defeat, as surely McClaren would've had to go. As it is we're probably gonna be stuck with this joker in charge until we fail to qualify for the Euros. The guy's just completely clueless, an absolute joke. The FA opted for a yes man, one who wasn't gonna give them any trouble, they should have had the balls to pick the right man for the job. IMO we need to bring in a rule that only people with actual football experience, either playing, coaching or management, can sit on the FA. While we still have 'businessmen' running the show, we're always gonna end up with sh!tty choices like this.
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 29, 2007 05:29:42 pm
      We should be planning for 2010 World Cup and balls to next year's Euro tournament. We are friggin' rubbish anyroad.

Any team of professionals - remember these are the finest England can supply - ought to be able to change a formation that ain't working to one that delivers and NOT waiting until half-time to look for expert advice. A - such advice isn't there anyway and B - they ought to be capable of doing it "on the hoof" out on the park. Spoiled bunch of b*st*rds!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Mar 29, 2007 06:16:12 pm
      We are Liverpool, we should be planning for Arsenal on Saturday, We should not let our players play for Ingerland. Ingerland fans are an embarrassment they prove it time and time again. They don't deserve to watch Lads like Gerrard and Carra. If I had a choice of watching Liverpool win a League game against Watford and take 3 points or watch Ingerland beat Brazil to win the World cup its 3 points for the Reds every time. I used to think this was a Liverpool Forum? Any way I'm off to check out the Hot Woman Thread, I've not been there for 10 minutes.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Mar 29, 2007 06:19:54 pm
      Any way I'm off to check out the Hot Woman Thread, I've not been there for 10 minutes.

Bloody hell is that a record? :D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #10: Mar 29, 2007 06:21:40 pm
      Court u may want to post some more beautys up there (not bimbos please mate ;D)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #11: Mar 30, 2007 11:29:21 am
      We should be planning for 2010 World Cup and balls to next year's Euro tournament. We are friggin' rubbish anyroad.

Sorry mate, but you're chatting bollocks. That's basically like saying that because we're not the best team in Europe we shouldn't try & win the Champions League.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Mar 30, 2007 11:32:26 am
      Court u may want to post some more beautys up there (not bimbos please mate ;D)

Bimbo's all the way!
      Although I do like Brunnetes. No seriously.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #13: Mar 30, 2007 01:25:14 pm
      Bimbo's all the way!
      Although I do like Brunnetes. No seriously.

Like blondes or bruntes? What about gingers?
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Mar 31, 2007 04:04:17 pm
      Like blondes or bruntes? What about gingers?

Some are fit. Some aren't.
      ;)
      Anyway... topic locked.

Quick Reply