Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

David Healy - your opinions

Read 2139 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      David Healy - your opinions
      Mar 29, 2007 04:40:09 pm
      God knows why he is at Leeds but he has shown he can cut it against 'national' sides.
      Scored & beat us last year. (England)
      Got a great hattrick against Spain.
      Scored twice last night against Sweden.
      I think he's a dark horse. Sod Billy Sharp, if there is a bargain that we could get. It would be Healy.
      Here is his first goal last night, cracker finish.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbPeWeA6k4
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2007 04:40:59 pm by Court_LFC »
      Cy
      Re: David Healy - your opinions
      Reply #1: Mar 29, 2007 04:50:14 pm
      Absolutely cracking goal yes, and his second was not bad either a real fox of penalties area. The strangest thing is that he doesn't delivered at Leeds, that might be because he doesn't the service he got at international level but probably more because he is playing for a side who is falling falling falling. I rather have Healy then Sharp...for sure..;)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Mar 29, 2007 04:58:40 pm
      Absolutely cracking goal yes, and his second was not bad either a real fox of penalties area. The strangest thing is that he doesn't delivered at Leeds, that might be because he doesn't the service he got at international level but probably more because he is playing for a side who is falling falling falling. I rather have Healy then Sharp...for sure..;)

Thats right, as it stands: -

Leeds: -
      Apps: 105
      Goals: 27

Northern Ireland: -
      Apps: 56
      Goals: 29

Not a bad record. Would have him over that 'Voronin'.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #3: Mar 29, 2007 05:20:16 pm
      I know a couple of Leeds fans and they agree that he would score more if he got any kind of service. Dark horse buy??
      Johnnowhite
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #4: Mar 30, 2007 08:13:06 am
      Yeah but could you stand having an ex-United youth player in yours? ;) :P ;D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #5: Mar 30, 2007 10:17:25 am
      David Healy is an absolute legend in N Ireland and for as long as he lives will never have to buy a drink ever again!!

I for one would love to see him in a red shirt as he has proven with the right service he is one of the most prolific strikers in the world. His finishing his top class and he wears the green shirt with pride. As a N Irish man and already worshipping him as much as I do to see him at Liverpool would be unbelievable!!! Can't see it happening though as I see he is linked with rangers and he is a boyhood blue!!!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Mar 30, 2007 10:32:58 am
      He may be linked with Rangers but i wouldnt mind testing his resolve to join them with a cheeky bid, although Healy's club form is a slight worry it would be interesting to see how his game would improve if he could get away from that poisoned dwarf Dennis Wise who has the tactical nouse of Stevie Wonder.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Mar 30, 2007 11:23:56 am
      He may be linked with Rangers but I wouldnt mind testing his resolve to join them with a cheeky bid, although Healy's club form is a slight worry it would be interesting to see how his game would improve if he could get away from that poisoned dwarf Dennis Wise who has the tactical nouse of Stevie Wonder.

To be honest his record for Leeds this season is 8 in 25, which isn't too bad for a team at the foot of the table. I don't know if anyone's watched Leeds more than me, but in the couple of games I've seen this season they strike me as a long ball team, which would explain why Healy doesn't flourish. At only 5'8" he's never gonna be a target man, but with a team playing the right football, who knows what he could do?
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Mar 30, 2007 11:29:02 am
      To be honest his record for Leeds this season is 8 in 25, which isn't too bad for a team at the foot of the table. I don't know if anyone's watched Leeds more than me, but in the couple of games I've seen this season they strike me as a long ball team, which would explain why Healy doesn't flourish. At only 5'8" he's never gonna be a target man, but with a team playing the right football, who knows what he could do?

Well... pass and move, it's the Liverpool groove ;)
      Obviously he would get the service from our world class players such as Gerrard, Xabi, Sissoko, and many more. Even Kuyt to play the ball in to him.
      But I don't really think Rafa will look at him... Will he?
      PLEASE DO! :D

Quick Reply