Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Reasons to be cheerful thread!

Read 411361 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Reasons to be cheerful thread!
      Reply #5681: Feb 26, 2018 05:56:59 pm
      Better to have loved and lost mate.......

I am in the sooner they are out the better camp, don't have to put up with all the bullshit
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5682: Feb 26, 2018 07:25:42 pm
      Just back from the 6 monthly check with the endocrinologist for my 14yr old son.

He was born with no Thyroid tissue at all and has to take tablets every day. To monitor he gets bloods / height / weight done twice yearly (was monthly when he was a baby).

Anyways they’ve confirmed he remains physically above average height and his weight is spot on so he’s come through the worst of puberty without any setbacks (puberty can be delayed and physical development can be impaired at this stage).

Made up for him - he’s doing great at school but it’s always in the back of his mind.

Undiagnosed this is the condition that was known as “Cretinism”. In my younger days I ripped a few guys at work or round a training pitch a new one for using the term glibly.

He’s a cracker and I’m so proud of him.

Edit: in the interests of balance I feel I should mention he’s currently banned from Twitter for telling Krychowiak from WBA to “F**k up you c**t” when he posted “can’t beat us so join us” about Daniel Sturridge after the FA Cup.......He’s not a cowering wee thing our Sam 🙄
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018 08:01:23 am by Scotia »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5683: Feb 27, 2018 06:57:53 am
      Just back from the 6 monthly check with the endocrinologist for my 14yr old son.

He was born with no Thyroid tissue at all and has to take tablets every day. To monitor he gets bloods / height / weight done twice yearly (was monthly when he was a baby).

Anyways they’ve confirmed he remains physically above average height and his weight is spot on so he’s come through the worst of puberty without any setbacks (puberty can be delayed and physical development can be impaired at this stage).

Made up for him - he’s doing great at school but it’s always in the back of his mind.

Undiagnosed this is the condition that was known as “Cretinism”. In my younger days I ripped a few guys at work or round a training pitch a new one for using the term glibly.

That must be the best of news for you and your Family Al,he's a winner mate just like our REDS.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5684: Feb 27, 2018 07:00:12 am
      That must be the best of news for you and your Family Al,he's a winner mate just like our REDS.

Aye - it was great to get all confirmed Billy.

He’s just off 5ft 10 now and reckons he’s bigger than me......but he’s not too big for the old man to deal with yet ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5685: Feb 27, 2018 12:02:01 pm

Edit: in the interests of balance I feel I should mention he’s currently banned from Twitter for telling Krychowiak from WBA to “f**k up you c**t” when he posted “can’t beat us so join us” about Daniel Sturridge after the FA Cup.......He’s not a cowering wee thing our Sam 🙄

Great to hear. My oldest was told by the doctors that if we didn't give him growth hormones when he was little (a bunch of shots in the stomach :() he may not develop (get tall) to his potential. We decided against it, let nature take it's course. He's 15.....5' 10" (just an inch off of me) and just broke the 5 minute mile barrier in Track and Field. Yea he's a bean pole, but so was I at his age.  Kids will keep you young, I know that, even if my body can't keep up with him, my mind still can (for now :)).
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5686: Feb 27, 2018 01:13:39 pm
      Great to hear. My oldest was told by the doctors that if we didn't give him growth hormones when he was little (a bunch of shots in the stomach :() he may not develop (get tall) to his potential. We decided against it, let nature take it's course. He's 15.....5' 10" (just an inch off of me) and just broke the 5 minute mile barrier in Track and Field. Yea he's a bean pole, but so was I at his age.  Kids will keep you young, I know that, even if my body can't keep up with him, my mind still can (for now :)).

That’s brilliant mate. What a time........rapido!
      Kopite78
      Reply #5687: Feb 27, 2018 02:47:48 pm

Good to hear mate

Apart from this bit, must be a weird part of the year when you compare...

Oh sh*t.. height you mean  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5688: Feb 27, 2018 03:10:43 pm
      Good to hear mate

Apart from this bit, must be a weird part of the year when you compare...

Oh sh*t.. height you mean  ;D

:lmao:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5689: Mar 03, 2018 12:19:38 am
      A new LFC Red. My wife gave birth to my son last night about 20 minutes after i battled through the snow to reach the hospital. I've aged 5 years but well worth it! ♥
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5690: Mar 03, 2018 12:37:10 am
      A new LFC Red. My wife gave birth to my son last night about 20 minutes after i battled through the snow to reach the hospital. I've aged 5 years but well worth it! ♥

Congratulations JD... Hope mother & child are well..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5691: Mar 03, 2018 01:38:45 am

Congratulations
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #5692: Mar 03, 2018 01:51:35 pm
      Congratulations mate,hope your all doing well.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5693: Mar 03, 2018 08:32:07 pm

That’s brilliant news JD - enjoy!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5694: Mar 04, 2018 10:09:13 pm

Congrats mate!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5695: Mar 23, 2018 07:15:40 am
      First day of that new job I got a while back. Long process but finally starting.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5696: Mar 23, 2018 11:04:44 am
      On a bus into Liverpool city centre :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5697: Mar 23, 2018 11:15:02 am
      F1 back.  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5698: Mar 23, 2018 11:53:18 am
      Enjoying two richly undeserved 2 days off from work
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5699: Mar 23, 2018 11:49:14 pm
      Child update. First 3 weeks have been easy which means the next 18 years are going to be a nightmare!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5700: Mar 23, 2018 11:49:49 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5701: Mar 24, 2018 10:49:50 am
      Child update. First 3 weeks have been easy which means the next 18 years are going to be a nightmare!

Ach there are consolations JD.

Very soon my 17yr old will be able to pick up his mother and me from the pub.

Driving lessons. Parent’s shrewdest investment;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #5702: Mar 24, 2018 11:54:03 am
      Ach there are consolations JD.

Very soon my 17yr old will be able to pick up his mother and me from the pub.

Driving lessons. Parent’s shrewdest investment;)

If he is any sort of son he will be in the pub buying you both a drink
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #5703: May 08, 2018 06:37:44 pm
      Buzzin' Big Time!!!!...Just won an official signed team shirt courtesy of Liverpool Football Club...BOOOOMMM!!!!!!!.

Quick Reply