Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Our fullbacks

Read 1135 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Our fullbacks
      Apr 01, 2007 11:57:51 am
      Arbeloa & Aurelio vs Finnan & Riise?

IMO Aurelio & Arbeloa should be first choice they have more pace, flair and they don't look back to the keeper. Finnan & Riise are better defensively but don't know if they link up with our wingers good enough because they quite defensive. All our goals came from the wings which started from our fullbacks. I think if we played Finnan and Riise result might of been quite different.

Some need to open their eyes sometimes no offense (no really no offense) and realize that Pennant & Aurelio are not bad players, if anythink they where 2 of our 3 best players yesterday. Sorry but more should realize that Pennant is quality and so is Aurelio and I have said this before so i can't get accused of only saying this because of yesterdays result.

Just remember everyone has their own opinions and taste so its fair to respect their comments, good match tho ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2007 12:27:16 pm by Ra Ra Rafa »
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Re: Our fullbacks
      Reply #1: Apr 01, 2007 02:29:20 pm
      nah fiinnan is probably our best crosser of the ball and is constentaly over lapping.. id rather him over aurelio as aurelio is too inconsistent..finnan is pure class..and arbeloa looks brilliant...risse isnt a defensive player and has a crazy left foot..i rate risse highly, i rate finnan and arbeloa hightly as for aurelio i think he can have some good game sbut then theres others where he couldnt cross a ball if his life depended on it.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Apr 01, 2007 02:34:01 pm
      nah fiinnan is probably our best crosser of the ball and is constentaly over lapping.. id rather him over aurelio as aurelio is too inconsistent..finnan is pure class..and arbeloa looks brilliant...risse isnt a defensive player and has a crazy left foot..I rate risse highly, I rate finnan and arbeloa hightly as for aurelio I think he can have some good game sbut then theres others where he couldnt cross a ball if his life depended on it.

Mate Finnan is a good crosser of the ball but he lacks flair, place, agility and too much of the time he looks back towards the goalie or the centre backs whereas Arbeloa concentrated on linking up with Pennant and did it superbly. Finnan can't link up with Pennant he don't give him enough support simple as. You have to be blind to chose Riise over Aurelio even my mate who is not Liverpool fan told me Aurelio is much better than Riise and he admired his work rate. Don't like Riise too lazy and careless
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 01, 2007 02:39:38 pm
      aurelio played good against arsenal but i still think he needs to back up these performances more often. guess we need to leave that up to rafa he knows these players better than any of us
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #4: Apr 01, 2007 02:41:49 pm
      Arbeloa looed class, he will be getting into the national squad if he carries on playing like that
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Apr 01, 2007 02:43:49 pm
      aurelio played good against arsenal but I still think he needs to back up these performances more often. guess we need to leave that up to rafa he knows these players better than any of us

Then he needs to be given a chance more often! Just like Speedy does.
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 04, 2007 09:53:10 am
      ha no chance is aurelio gonna get a startin place now 4 a while does anyone know what he actually did to himself?

Quick Reply