Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match today?

Pepe Reina
      (2.1%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (7%)
      Glen Johnson
      (79.6%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (1.4%)
      Fernando Torres
      (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (9.9%)

Liverpool 4 - 0 Stoke: Post Match Hurrah!

Read 26244 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: Liverpool 4 - 0 Stoke: Post Match Hurrah!
      Reply #161: Aug 20, 2009 09:17:38 pm
      Would it make you feel any better if I said I didnt sit in Kop but rather stood? :)

No it doesn't make me feel better. You suck!!!!!!!!

I would stand on my head for 90 Min if it was in the KOP.

I have been pretty fortunate and I have been to a lot of the "Meccas" of American Stadiums and Arenas.  I went to a Champioship Game at Yankee Stadium, saw the Celtics play in the Old Boston Garden, Red Sox and Yankees at Fenway Park, I sat in the bleachers at Wrigley Field, Dog Pound at the Old Municipal Stadium in Cleveland, I saw the Stones play at Madison Square Garden in NY.  Going to Anfield, especially the KOP, would be my greatest event.  No doubt. When it comes to the history of Sport.. Yankee Stadium and Anfield were the top of the sporting world. Now that the Yankees have a new stadium I give Anfield the #1 Historic Sporting Stadium in the world.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #162: Aug 20, 2009 09:22:06 pm
      No it doesn't make me feel better. You suck!!!!!!!!

I would stand on my head for 90 Min if it was in the KOP.

I have been pretty fortunate and I have been to a lot of the "Meccas" of American Stadiums and Arenas.  I went to a Champioship Game at Yankee Stadium, saw the Celtics play in the Old Boston Garden, Red Sox and Yankees at Fenway Park, I sat in the bleachers at Wrigley Field, Dog Pound at the Old Municipal Stadium in Cleveland, I saw the Stones play at Madison Square Garden in NY.  Going to Anfield, especially the KOP, would be my greatest event.  No doubt. When it comes to the history of Sport.. Yankee Stadium and Anfield were the top of the sporting world. Now that the Yankees have a new stadium I give Anfield the #1 Historic Sporting Stadium in the world.

And I bet you don't get any songs being sung at Yankee Stadium like you would at Anfield!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #163: Aug 20, 2009 09:40:12 pm

Reina - 7 (didn't have much to do, but made a few oustanding saves and commanded his area well)
      Carra - 8 (solid yet again, didn't put a foot wrong, paved the way for a good performance from Ayala)
      Ayala - 7 (Tidy game)
      Johnson - 10 (Outstanding attacking play, one key moment in defence. Everything he touched turned to gold.)
      Insua - 7 (Played well overall, not spectacular, but did what was asked of him.)
      Masch - 7 (Efficient performance. Passed it well, tackled well)
      Lucas - 7 (Great tackling, incisive passing play.)
      Kuyt - 8 (A thorn in the side of the Stoke defence, did what was needed and got a goal to boot)
      Yossi - 8 (Brilliant performance, would have been a 9 but he took a few too many touches at times and lost the chance for a shot at goal)
      Gerrard - 9 (Captain Fantastic at it again. Constantly causing them problems, set up 2 goals)
      Torres - 8 (Scored a goal, made some great runs)

Voronin - 6 (Never seemed to settle into the game, but he passed it tidily for the few minutes he was on. Little impact.)
      Riera - 6 (Just coming back from injury, couldn't really influence the game much)
      N'gog - 7 (Same as above, but was in the right place at the right time to score a goal, which bumps it up to 7.)
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #164: Aug 20, 2009 10:33:09 pm
      And I bet you don't get any songs being sung at Yankee Stadium like you would at Anfield!

Not like at Anfield..At the old Yankee Stadium the "Bleachers" which are comparable to Terraces was where the hardcore Yankee fans were. Their were never really "Songs" but a lot of Chanting.  Before the game, every game at Yankee Stadium, the "Bleacher Creatures", which is what their called, will chant. You would chant the name of every player before the game and that specific player would point to the crowd or run up to the wall, lift his cap, etc.. Then you chant the next name of the next player. 

I know in the UK they have Home and Away sections, but in the States the stadiums dont have that, However, It was/is an unwritten law, away fans dont sit in the Bleachers at Yankee Stadium.  If you want to get in a fight with 5000 drunk, Yankee fans. Wear a Red Sox jersey in the right field Bleachers. Instant brawl.  Its the same in Boston...You wouldn't wear a Yankee jersey at Fenway Park.

If your looking for a comparable atmosphere to a Liverpool v Man U. Then you need to go to a "College Football" game.   Georgia v Florida, Ohio State v Michigan, USC v UCLA, Oklahoma v Nebraska..The Ohio State vs Michigan game is 110,000 + people. In one stadium.  Its AWESOME!!!!

Plus you get to "Tailgate". Sit in the Parking lot at the stadium 5-6 hours before Kick-Off, you Drink, eat tons of food, Plus, the women are all over the place. You go to the Georgia vs Florida game.  The women are all tanned, wearing Bikini's.  How many crazy, Hot, bikini wearing 24 year old blondes are walking around outside Anfield?. >:D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #165: Aug 20, 2009 10:37:19 pm
      f***in loads of them. And we've got chippys an' all.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #166: Aug 20, 2009 11:11:53 pm
      With out Mascha back there to tidy up I dread to think what would happen, but he does and it's just as well he never left this season. As for the game we did well in parts of the match, the first 15 mins and the last 25 we had control, in between Stoke did a lot better than last year, they could have scored twice quite easily but thanks to Pepe they never did. Ayala had a sound debut and this match should prepare him for whats to come, mind you they wont all be as physical as Stoke.

We are always slow starters under Rafa (I do not mean that in the points we pick up)what I mean is we always seam to take a few weeks to get into the any sort of rhythm, but usually when we do, we go on a run. Glen Johnson showed us whats to come from him so that's a positive, he played  like he had been playing in the team for ages.

What I hope the team does, is keep the ball better, against Stoke we often gave it away and we can't expect other teams to be so generous as Stoke. I heard Gillespie say the reason we couldn't get it going was because Stoke kept breaking the play up, I have to agree with him, this stop start don't agree with us, but their will be a few teams who will do this to us, so we must cope with it, if we do the home draws should dry up, and that has to be a positive......
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #167: Aug 20, 2009 11:15:17 pm
      Ya agree Masch didn't get the praise he deserved for last nights performance, he was a terrier in midfield. The defence didn't have to break a sweat with him in midfield last night.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #168: Aug 21, 2009 12:21:41 am
      Not like at Anfield..At the old Yankee Stadium the "Bleachers" which are comparable to Terraces was where the hardcore Yankee fans were. Their were never really "Songs" but a lot of Chanting.  Before the game, every game at Yankee Stadium, the "Bleacher Creatures", which is what their called, will chant. You would chant the name of every player before the game and that specific player would point to the crowd or run up to the wall, lift his cap, etc.. Then you chant the next name of the next player. 

I know in the UK they have Home and Away sections, but in the States the stadiums dont have that, However, It was/is an unwritten law, away fans dont sit in the Bleachers at Yankee Stadium.  If you want to get in a fight with 5000 drunk, Yankee fans. Wear a Red Sox jersey in the right field Bleachers. Instant brawl.  Its the same in Boston...You wouldn't wear a Yankee jersey at Fenway Park.

I spent most of the 1990's drunk in the old bleachers, it was pretty wild out there, and often violent, but thats part of the fun. Its my dream to come to Anfield and someday I will , definately .
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #169: Aug 21, 2009 12:26:57 pm
      Something I found quite interesting yesterday was Carra shouting 'Watch the spin!' as Delap was about to take his throw ins. I didn't even realise he put spin on the ball!

The backspin. It's what keeps them so flat, and is what makes them so effective. Otherwise they'd just be like a corner.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #170: Aug 21, 2009 06:45:19 pm
      I spent most of the 1990's drunk in the old bleachers, it was pretty wild out there, and often violent, but thats part of the fun. Its my dream to come to Anfield and someday I will , definately .

Same here!! It was awesome wasn't it? Nothing better than $5.00 warm beers, chanting  TEEEENO'......MARTINEZ!!!!!!!!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #171: Aug 22, 2009 09:10:09 pm
      It's good to see us going for it like the second part of last season.

I got the feeling they're not going to drop any points at Anfield this season.

Not the best we can play, but that will come.

Torres and Gerrard are back in love tandom with each other,what a touch by Stevie for the third goal.

Well in Lucas, imposing himself on the game much more.

World class save by Reina from delap.

And a large slice of humble pie for me because I thought Johnson would be a let down, but hands up he's brillant and going to be player of the season. WELL PLAYED SON

Great to see and keep it up Reds.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #172: Aug 22, 2009 10:04:42 pm
      Just watching it again on LFC TV. F**k me our crowds quiet! We sounded much louder on the night...must be summit to do with tv? Or I was just in an anomoly of a loud section.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #173: Aug 23, 2009 01:51:52 am
      Just for good measure.. Hurrah! :D

Quick Reply