Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Match of The Day - What's their problem with us?

Read 2630 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Match of The Day - What's their problem with us?
      Apr 01, 2007 03:39:57 pm
      Has anyone else noticed that MOTD seems to be very anti LFC?

Every week we seem to be on right near the end, with no proper highlights, just the goals. It happens so much I've given up watching it. Last night however, I fancied watching our victory again, so I put it on. Clash of the day, and We're still on f#cking last? It just doesn't make any sense. Add to that a couple of ex players who seem intent on slating us at every opporunity they get, I'm really starting to wonder if the BBC have got some sort of problem with our club. My mate has a theory that we're usually on last cos our fans are more loyal & therefore more likely to watch the whole programme to see our highlights, I don't buy it myself though. There's definately something not right, this is the second time this season I was convinced we'd be first up, the other time being when we smashed four past Wigan after our goal drought. it could just be something as simple as the guy in charge of the schedule being a bitter blue or something, anyone else got any ideas?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Match of The Day - What's their problem with us?
      Reply #1: Apr 01, 2007 04:16:32 pm
      I Know what you mean I was taling the positive angle that they save the best for last.
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #2: Apr 01, 2007 04:18:12 pm
      I Know what you mean I was taling the positive angle that they save the best for last.

Fair play if they wanna do that, but the games shown at the end never get the full highlights, usually just the goals. That's the bit that p!sses me off, you spend an hour of watching everyone else, just to get a quick two minutes of your team.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Apr 01, 2007 04:26:17 pm
      I always go for the match choice on Football first on sky about 10.15
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #4: Apr 01, 2007 04:31:30 pm
      Not just that, Alan f***in Hansen so anti Liverpool trying to take all the gloss of Liverpool's win by saying Arsenal terrible this terrible that. Get that pr**k Alan Hansen out of BBC and bring in someone proper. Lawro can F**k off too I'm ashamed he used to be a Liverpool so called legend!
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #5: Apr 01, 2007 05:24:51 pm
      I never bother with MotD anymore  >:(

Some good highlights here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ICE8uvtM0

Good old YouTube  ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #6: Apr 01, 2007 05:31:50 pm
      I never bother with MotD anymore  >:(

Some good highlights here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ICE8uvtM0

Good old YouTube  ;D

Thanks for highlights yet again. Shame on the BBC
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #7: Apr 01, 2007 05:39:50 pm
      Thanks for highlights yet again. Shame on the BBC

Sorry, wasn't sure if they'd already been posted.  Seen the highlights 4 times now though (on top of watching the live game) and haven't tired of them yet  ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #8: Apr 01, 2007 05:54:36 pm
      1st goal had best build up
      2nd was sweet cross (riise not capable of)
      3rd was sweet delivery nearly impossible to defend against.. yet again riise not capable of
      4th was good play by Masch to Pennant and sweet cross in for Crouch

Pennant & Aurelio need to go? no way they were awsome!
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #9: Apr 01, 2007 06:08:38 pm
      1st goal had best build up
      2nd was sweet cross (riise not capable of)
      3rd was sweet delivery nearly impossible to defend against.. yet again riise not capable of
      4th was good play by Masch to Pennant and sweet cross in for Crouch

Pennant & Aurelio need to go? no way they were awsome!

I never really understood the criticism Pennant gets.  Ok, when he first joined us I'll admit to being sceptical but I've been very pleased with his performances, especially his more recent ones.  He adds a real threat down the wings, puts in some great crosses and almost always picks players out.  The only part of his game that sometimes lets him down is that he loses the ball in midfield a little too often.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #10: Apr 01, 2007 06:17:19 pm
      Mr Pennant got criticism because he was officially a primal before in his life. Yes when he was much younger on loan from Arsenal (don't blame him) His only offenses were drink driving nothing else, people make him sound like he is some sort of serial killer but infact he's a very genuine bloke. Anyone seen his latest interview on liverpoolfc.tv ?

I only have problem with Bellamy because already he is getting into beef with players on other teams and players in our team. Bellers needs to leave this summer he will never learn!
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 01, 2007 06:31:55 pm
      has any 1 else notice when we lose were always 1st and 2nd on v highights on motd
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #12: Apr 01, 2007 06:37:37 pm
      Mr Pennant got criticism because he was officially a primal before in his life. Yes when he was much younger on loan from Arsenal (don't blame him) His only offenses were drink driving nothing else, people make him sound like he is some sort of serial killer but infact he's a very genuine bloke. Anyone seen his latest interview on liverpoolfc.tv ?

I only have problem with Bellamy because already he is getting into beef with players on other teams and players in our team. Bellers needs to leave this summer he will never learn!

Totally agree with that.

I was mortified when Bellamy joined us and do not want a thug like him anywhere near our club let alone playing for us  >:(

Some players I would say give them a chance but Bellamy continues to get himself in trouble wherever he goes and it's only a matter of time before he brings shame on our beloved club.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Apr 01, 2007 06:49:03 pm
      Yeah, I started to get on to the fact we're usually not well documented on MOTD a while ago. Can't think of any reason why. That's why I'm glad Football First is around these days so you can just pick your own game to watch and it's on for the best part of an hour! Haven't watched MOTD for a while now.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #14: Apr 01, 2007 09:14:16 pm
      Can someone tell me what football first is i have never heard of it!
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #15: Apr 01, 2007 09:24:56 pm
      Can someone tell me what football first is I have never heard of it!

I think it's on Sky Sports.... which unfortunately I don't have.

RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #16: Apr 01, 2007 09:28:51 pm
      I think it's on Sky Sports.... which unfortunately I don't have.

Bollocks same as me!
      banksiemagic
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 01, 2007 09:30:01 pm
      it's on sky sports one, usually about 10:15 & you can pick which match you want to watch via the red button on your remote.
      Cy
      Reply #18: Apr 01, 2007 09:34:13 pm
      I also started to wondering what was their problem with Liverpool, too often (quite always) we are been shown last and with little or none analysis. I know a other fellow liverpool lad who actually emailed them, I'm sorry I can't find past the response but I remember that they replied saying that it was important for them to show at least 5 minutes of each game and that the order will depend on the news and entertainment of the game, which in my opinion this weekend even if I couldn't watch the game this week end because of work all week end 9 till 8,3 (grr) our game seems to filled all the criteria the BBC seems to apply.. I personally think that this is just because England got a problem with Liverpool. I don't bother to watch it at all now, there are so many other ways to see the hightlights nowdays that BBC can shove it up you know where.

Don't bother too much ladies and gentlemen, our Liverpool Cherie speak for itself and if the BBC doesn't recognize it it doesn't matter, the press was all about Liverpool and Crouch today and THAT were my hightlights..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #19: Apr 02, 2007 07:44:04 am
      Agree with the sentiments in this thread.  Not sure what the BBC's problem is.   Not just MOTD - we all know the support they have offered Kelvin McKenzie on both BBC1 and on BBC Radio.

Mark Lawrenson was part of a great Liverpool side, however as far as I am concerned, that's it.  I have no respect for the guy.  Not after his failure to stick up for the Justice cause earlier on this year.

My advice - just don't watch.  Even though they shouldn't be - the BBC seem to heavily rely on ratings. 

Stick with YouTube. ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #20: Apr 02, 2007 04:50:37 pm
      Why are you tube getting a highlights package now!!  8)

The BBC have always had it in for us, just like most other tv and sports press.

Christ can't anyone remember Gerald ''The party's over'' Stinstadt way back early 80s when we were 12th at chrimbo and still won the league!!

I am more pissed off at the fact that f***in irish channel setanta are showin league games next season, which would mean payin an extra tenner ontop of the sky bill, cu*ts
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #21: Apr 02, 2007 11:08:14 pm
      The thing with us always being on last is, if we were on first, we would all then go to bed, by putting us on last MOTD are secure in the fact they will have the bigger audience to the end. Doesn't this answer the question about the new ground capacity being big enough and would we fill it if it were 70 thousand or more?  Well everybody else seems to agree we are the best supported team in the land! Why are some of us so sceptical of this. Since the early sixties we have always been quoted as being the best supported team in britain, That dosen't change just because other teams have built bigger stadiums than ours. 'BEST' means quantity as well quality, we just haven't got room for every one yet !!! 

Quick Reply