Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Yanks Out!!!

Read 13569 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: Yanks Out!!!
      Reply #23: Aug 21, 2009 06:38:51 pm
      Finding a new buyer We would need a cash rich, very patient and persistent individual..! H&G want the moon on a stick so again this would take time. It pains me to say but I believe the DIC ship has sailed and I cannot think of any suitable parties who have shown interest. We need a good custodian for the club, lets not jump from the frying pan into the fire just to get them out.

That ship hasn't just sailed it's disappeared. I thought DIC was folded as a company anyway, after our deal went tits up.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: YANKS OUT
      Reply #24: Aug 21, 2009 06:39:40 pm
      I think if the KOP made a protest. Literally "Sit" during the first half of a match in complete silence as a protest. Better than that, boycott an entire half. Leave the KOP completely empty for a half. That would certainly let them know where the fans stand.  Start protesting big time!!!!

I think a majority of Owners in any sport take the fans for granted. They know that no matter what, the fans will always be there. No matter how much you hate H&G you still go to the matches and line their pockets. Thats what they see. Once you start taking money from them, then they realize its time to sell.  But the flipside is it hurts the club, which you dont want to do. It sucks.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Aug 21, 2009 06:58:05 pm
      Am i the only one who is not keen to show our protest during a game? They wouldn't give a rats arse IMO if whoever goes to sit still, as long as they bought their ticket.

Add to that the players will be thinking 'Are they here for us or to protest?'

Personally i would like to hit them where it hurts, in the USA. Somehow get the media on to them, get them at their homes or something so they are prisoners in their own home. Just attack them so they cant dodge.

By attack i mean protest, nothing violent.
      JayP
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • It's Rush!
      Reply #26: Aug 21, 2009 07:05:07 pm
      I think if the KOP made a protest. Literally "Sit" during the first half of a match in complete silence as a protest. Better than that, boycott an entire half. Leave the KOP completely empty for a half. That would certainly let them know where the fans stand.  Start protesting big time!!!!

I think a majority of Owners in any sport take the fans for granted. They know that no matter what, the fans will always be there. No matter how much you hate H&G you still go to the matches and line their pockets. Thats what they see. Once you start taking money from them, then they realize its time to sell.  But the flipside is it hurts the club, which you dont want to do. It sucks.

Im sorry but that is a terrible idea. We need to support our players. Going there and sitting is pointless, we should just not go at all. Hit em where it hurts, in the pocket.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Aug 21, 2009 07:19:23 pm
      At least it's reassuring when their are people like the SOS group, keeping us all clued up with what them owners are doing, The yanks now know everything they do is known here, and I hope that it gets up their noses. One thing that hurts though is since they bought the club they have got the dept up so high that to buy the club will now cost more, as them mothers will want their pound of flesh....
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #28: Aug 21, 2009 08:39:40 pm
      I think if the KOP made a protest. Literally "Sit" during the first half of a match in complete silence as a protest. Better than that, boycott an entire half. Leave the KOP completely empty for a half. That would certainly let them know where the fans stand.  Start protesting big time!!!!

I think a majority of Owners in any sport take the fans for granted. They know that no matter what, the fans will always be there. No matter how much you hate H&G you still go to the matches and line their pockets. Thats what they see. Once you start taking money from them, then they realize its time to sell.  But the flipside is it hurts the club, which you dont want to do. It sucks.
      That would be tantamount to punishing the players. It is not the players who are damaging this club it is Hicks and Gillette.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #29: Aug 21, 2009 09:41:48 pm

Personally i would like to hit them where it hurts, in the USA. Somehow get the media on to them, get them at their homes or something so they are prisoners in their own home. Just attack them so they cant dodge.

Unfortunately, the US media is in a "feel good" stage what with Bush and his merry bunch of assholes out of office. This kind of story would have been more popular then before the economic crash last September (with the exception of Bernie Madoff, but that's a whole other thing). Once that occurred it wasn't like with Enron anymore where the fatcats who ruined peoples' lives were being held accountable. That's too bad. I'd like to see them get what's coming.

As for taking it to them, these guys sold heir souls long ago. They don't care about you. They don't care about me. They care about $$$. To a lesser degree they care about winning (as it's related to power). Conveniently for them, shitty for us, is that Liverpool is six time zones away and is easily forgotten for another time. On their list of priorities we rank somewhere between 'help old lady across the road' and 'vote for Obama in '12'.

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #30: Aug 21, 2009 11:40:02 pm
      Shocked at the financial figures !! don't doubt for a minute that its true either ,maybe there should be some 'wanted' posters with H & G FACES on for crimes against liverpool fc? or 'unwanted posters maybe ,they have obviously lied cheated their way into liverpool ,i only hope they ride off into the sunset soon and never return
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #31: Aug 22, 2009 02:03:13 am
      We are Liverpool Football Club, bigger than any manager or owner, without the support of the fans they are nothing.That's why Rafa will prevail and H&G will eventually have to bail out.Let's face it ,world class manager, sh*te owners. Only 2 solutions,Owners out,happy days.Raffa out,protsests on the streets.Thatcher thought she could beat us, but didn't, so if these two gobsh*tes want to take us on, then bring it on.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #32: Aug 22, 2009 02:17:45 am
      Yeah, where's D I C When you need them most.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #33: Aug 22, 2009 05:18:28 pm
      Yeah, where's D I C When you need them most.

I thought the consortium was folded after they failed to buy us out.
      YorkshireRed
      • Forum John Aldridge
      • Started Topic

• 108 posts |
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #34: Aug 22, 2009 08:15:20 pm
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #35: Aug 22, 2009 09:01:29 pm
      I don't like the idea of a match protest at all, silly idea. The fact is, we want to help the team succeed and they feed off our support. We can't let Anfield sound like a graveyard, it will be detrimental to the teams performance and thus we will be going against everything we stand for. A protest close to home is what is needed, and to get against them as well. Every time a media report about our fiscal situation is written, the crap going on behind the scenes is glossed over and full blame not passed on to our owners. It's about time they were put on the spot for what they have done and are still doing to our team.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #36: Aug 22, 2009 09:37:38 pm
      In all honesty these Guys will be laughing at our protests. They are first and foremost Business Men who have no scruples or emotions when dealing with people they only want to get as much as possible out of them. Moores and Parry should be hung from the highest post in Anfield as Traitors.If DIC were to have completed their buy out we could have seen a Stadium rise in Stanley Park. In all honesty I think we as meer fans are powerless and they know we wont do anything to hurt "OUR TEAM" and as a consequence we cant hurt their business. I know this sounds pesimistic but I think it is as close to the truth as we will get. We are being bled dry and will then be sold.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #37: Aug 22, 2009 11:08:45 pm
      We can't let Anfield sound like a graveyard

It sounded like one most of last season anyway. And Im guessing it will do Saturday as well.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #38: Aug 22, 2009 11:18:55 pm
      It sounded like one most of last season anyway. And Im guessing it will do Saturday as well.

Positive attitude there laddy, real glass half full man you are ::)
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #39: Aug 22, 2009 11:37:17 pm
      In all honesty these Guys will be laughing at our protests. They are first and foremost Business Men who have no scruples or emotions when dealing with people they only want to get as much as possible out of them. Moores and Parry should be hung from the highest post in Anfield as Traitors.If DIC were to have completed their buy out we could have seen a Stadium rise in Stanley Park. In all honesty I think we as meer fans are powerless and they know we wont do anything to hurt "OUR TEAM" and as a consequence we cant hurt their business. I know this sounds pesimistic but I think it is as close to the truth as we will get. We are being bled dry and will then be sold.

I disagree completely mate, we as fans are the only people that can do something about this. Fair enough, it won't get to a point where nobody goes to the games or buys the shirt but what about sponsorship? You think sponsors want to spend massive amounts of money to a club where the ownership is absolutely hated by the fans? Rule #1 in business, keep your customers happy and in football the fans are the customers. At the end of the day, sponsors pay money to try get us to buy their products and we might not be so inclined if we were to start viewing them as the corporate side of things. Therefore, us fans voicing our displeasure might be the thing that forces the Yank's hands if they can't attract decent sponsorship.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #40: Aug 23, 2009 12:58:29 am
      Positive attitude there laddy, real glass half full man you are ::)

What? You could hear a pin drop at Anfield for the majority of league games last season. And you could for large parts of the Stoke game.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #41: Aug 23, 2009 01:05:18 am
      What? You could hear a pin drop at Anfield for the majority of league games last season. And you could for large parts of the Stoke game.

C'mon, yeah at times its quiet and i can't say from being at the games, but it is not that bad. When im watching on TV it always seems to be decently lively. And when the fans need to be loud, they seem to get up. There is alot worse crowds out there, just think its not the time to be criticizing our own.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #42: Aug 23, 2009 01:11:40 am
      The shameless american corrupt bas**rds are milking our club dry for their own financial gain,
      they dont give a damn about sport, only money
      They also look to knock down one of the UKs last bastions of unity and sense, they try to divide us
      but we become stronger for adversity, they just dont understand what they are playing with

What is the solution to this mess

1. make the yanks life a misery in every way we can, maybe they will get fed up with us
      or

2. boycott all shirt and merchandise sales, by stabbing our financial heart we will get rid of the leach feeding on us.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #43: Aug 23, 2009 02:24:57 am
      C'mon, yeah at times its quiet and I can't say from being at the games, but it is not that bad. When im watching on TV it always seems to be decently lively. And when the fans need to be loud, they seem to get up. There is alot worse crowds out there, just think its not the time to be criticizing our own.

I dont like turning on our own...but I dont like people who insist on going in the Kop then just sitting in silence. They go in the Kop because its famous and of its history, but its because of people like them NOT going in the Kop that made it famous in the first place! When our boys need support sitting in silence and occasionaly groaning is worse than the seat being empty.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #44: Aug 23, 2009 02:29:48 am
      I dont like turning on our own...but I dont like people who insist on going in the Kop then just sitting in silence. They go in the Kop because its famous and of its history, but its because of people like them NOT going in the Kop that made it famous in the first place! When our boys need support sitting in silence and occasionaly groaning is worse than the seat being empty.

Well just from what ive seen on TV, it is not in any ways in dire straits so i wouldn't worry about it to much. The situation with our owners is what should be concentrated on, not the few who don't make enough noise at the games.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #45: Aug 23, 2009 02:40:36 am
      Well just from what ive seen on TV, it is not in any ways in dire straits so I wouldn't worry about it to much. The situation with our owners is what should be concentrated on, not the few who don't make enough noise at the games.

Its those few who dont make noise at games that didnt join in the protests we sang at Anfield against Stoke.

Quick Reply