Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hicks And Gillett OUT NOW leaflet

Read 9720 times
      YorkshireRed
      • Forum John Aldridge
      • Started Topic

• 108 posts |
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Hicks And Gillett OUT NOW leaflet
      Aug 22, 2009 08:29:51 pm
      Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the two men who took ownership of the club back in February 2007, have brought nothing to Liverpool Football Club apart from debt, broken promises, and constant speculation as to the future of the club. The owners continually show a lack of understanding about running a football club and what supporting the club, the team and the manager means to millions of fans throughout the world.

Do we as fans want to see the club standing still, or even worse, being left behind, as other clubs spend millions on players to bolster their squads? Do we want a situation where the main financial priorities each summer are debt and more debt, rather than transfers and contracts? If the answer is no, then it's time to say no. Time to say no to Hicks and Gillett. Time to stand up for yourself. Time to bring about change. David Moores and Rick Parry didn't want to do it. But we can. And we will.

Below is a link to the leaflets handed out around Anfield, please print the leaflet and display it in any place you feel necessary, e.g. car windows, house windows etc.

Hicks and Gillett - OUT NOW!

Spirit Of Shankly

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/documents/gillett_hicks_out_leaflet.pdf
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2009 07:52:38 pm by JD, Reason: Included post, image and link to download »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Hicks And Gillett OUT NOW leaflet
      Reply #1: Aug 23, 2009 08:07:33 pm
      Oooooooowwwww bet they are shaking in there boots
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Aug 23, 2009 08:09:01 pm
      Oooooooowwwww bet they are shaking in there boots

Doubt it. They are probably laughing at us to be honest :f_steam:
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #3: Aug 25, 2009 04:29:01 pm
      Hicks OUT Gillette OUT
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Aug 25, 2009 04:32:36 pm
      Saw a lot of leaflets being held up at the Stoke match, I'm guessing it was the same for the Villa match too. Is that what this is?
      tbone19011981
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 26, 2009 08:52:11 am
      The only way we are going to get these to clowns out of OUR club is to vote with our feet and not go to the game, not buy the merchandise or watch the LFC TV channel. As a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years it would be heart breaking for me to do this but if it works in the long term then so be it.
      Only problem is that we have that many non scousers coming to the game now we would end up cutting our nose off to spite our face.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Aug 26, 2009 11:24:43 am
      Leaflet now that will frighten them
      tbone19011981
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 26, 2009 11:37:54 am
      or shake our fists angrilly at them. :lmao:
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #8: Aug 27, 2009 06:41:50 pm
      Only problem is that we have that many non scousers coming to the game now we would end up cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Sorry to ask but what did you mean by 'non scouser? Im a 'non scouser'. I have never lived there and proabbly never will... does this make me any less passionate about getting these two clowns out? Does it make me less of a fan? Do I have less right to support liverpool just because my parents moved south before I was born?

Ok havent been able to attend any games, but have put one of these up in me car (printed from here!) - never know, they may be behind me in a traffic jam - although it wouldnt be the only thing they would see...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Aug 27, 2009 10:07:49 pm

I think he was meaning that organising a boycott on a local scale would be fruitless because fans from all over the world, many who don't even understand English would still purchase tickets.

Unless we formed a circle of steel around the ground to stop them entering (but then they've already bought their tickets)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #10: Aug 27, 2009 10:08:38 pm
      Not sure the po-lice would take too kindly to the 'circle of steel' idea.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #11: Aug 28, 2009 12:34:55 am
      Not sure the po-lice would take too kindly to the 'circle of steel' idea.

Just bung the bent bas**rds a few quid to turn the other eye. That'll sort them out, no problem.

As for a leaflet, really don't see what difference it's gonna make. The yanks know we want them out, the world knows we want them out, how is holding up a leaflet gonna make it any more obvious?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #12: Aug 28, 2009 03:44:02 pm
      I like the circle of steel idea - if used properly... A mass protest is what is needed, and not just one! If we were to hold out the fans until just before kickoff - or get them to agree not to enter the stadium until the very last second. If H&G were attending and saw the stands empty before kickoff it would send the message that we are there for the fans, not to support them in any way. As long as this didnt effect the moral of the players...

Alternatively, a lot of revenue is generated by half time purchases - the profit they make on soft drinks, burgers etc is outrageous! Perhaps not purchasing anything else than the ticket would hit them in the pocket without jeopardising the clubs financial status too heavily. Or attaching the above flyer to every note spent - I'm sure they don't touch the money that goes in the till, but I imagine they roll around in it laughing... Or atleast it seems that way!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #13: Sep 04, 2009 08:49:47 pm
      I am as passionate about this club as the next fan but becoming increasingly fed up with the ownership issue.

What do we have to do to convince Hicks and Gillett that they are not wanted at this club?  It saddens me that our proud and successful club may be an 'also ran' this season and be eclipsed by the likes of Spurs and City ( I would never have dreamt of this a few years ago but this is now REALITY).

Can anyone tell me if DIC have completely dismissed the purchase of our club? I remember a year ago a fan linked an email address and template letter to DIC but never heard any feedback from that.

What we need to do is create so much public interest in this issue and by that I mean TOTAL boycott of home fixture(s) and mass (organised) protest outside the ground.We need to engage the local,national and international press of our plight and I for one do not mind begging for a new,loyal,passionate and wealthy owner.

We the fans could never finance the take-over of our club but even in the currentl financial climate there is someone out there able to take over this club.

We need stability,new ground and funding for players that is all.

I don't care how we do it but the time has come for DIRECT ACTION in an effort to wake G & H up and remind them the club is greater than the owner and that will always be the case.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #14: Sep 04, 2009 09:26:00 pm
      The leaflets are a good idea but they don't work.

They are red.

Most of the fans wear red shirts (strangely) so the leaflets don't stand out or even register.

Yanks out in white on a black background might work better.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #15: Sep 05, 2009 03:37:25 am
      Just a thought..

On one of the games that they are attending, I reckon we could organise a mosaic of something like 'YANKS OUT' and hold it up and then sing some anti-H&G songs. And also make it difficult for them to get out of the stadium to show how hated they are.

Don't know if its feasible or not but its always worth a try.

Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #16: Sep 05, 2009 09:31:26 am
      Great idea.

If somebody can establish when they are next attending cards could be given out as people enter Kop.Just needs somebody with experience in organising this type of protest.

Perhaps SOS can assist or re-design the red card so that could be used.

What an amazing statement that would make especially when televised!!
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #17: Sep 06, 2009 12:52:07 pm
      Just a thought..

On one of the games that they are attending, I reckon we could organise a mosaic of something like 'YANKS OUT' and hold it up and then sing some anti-H&G songs. And also make it difficult for them to get out of the stadium to show how hated they are.

Top idea mate. Good thinking
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #18: Sep 06, 2009 12:56:01 pm
      That would take some organising ROF. Not sure the club would be up for that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19: Sep 06, 2009 06:13:32 pm
      Just a thought..

Can't exactly see the club allowing people in to organise that mosaic now can you?
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #20: Sep 06, 2009 08:48:53 pm
      After the article in the sunday paper ( mirror) today i'm even more disgusted by these two ! HIcks reaps in 450 million from the sale of a baseball club and has no plans to spend it on our club ,like showing a big fingers up sign to all of us i think ,greedy ba*****s
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #21: Sep 24, 2009 04:25:20 am
      I think a boycott would work.  If the KOP was completely empty for (1) Half or (1) Match that would get a lot of press. With a long enough lead time it could work. It would get press before and after the actual boycott.

These 2 owners dont know how to run an European Football club. They are stuck in the American Sports model which is screw the fan, take the money and F**k everyone else.  To them its business. They dont understand what its like to support a team or have passion for something bigger than yourselves.  They dont care about you, Liverpool, LFC. They dont care about Shankly or Paisley or even Gerrard. They dont care that your dad and his dad supported Liverpool.

They do care about the price you paid for the seat and how many shirts and scarves you buy for your kids.  They know they can make just as much money with the team finishing in 4th place in the EPL than 1st. As long as they finish in the UCL money they dont care about winning. Why spend loads of money for good players at the transfer window and make 100 million a year when they can spend 0 money at the transfer window and still make 100 million.

If you want the rest of the world to know what you think of the current owners, boycott a match and take away their money. That is all they care about.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #22: Sep 24, 2009 04:53:39 am
      I think a boycott would work.  If the KOP was completely empty for (1) Half or (1) Match that would get a lot of press. With a long enough lead time it could work. It would get press before and after the actual boycott.

These 2 owners don't know how to run an European Football club. They are stuck in the American Sports model which is screw the fan, take the money and f**k everyone else.  To them its business. They don't understand what its like to support a team or have passion for something bigger than yourselves.  They don't care about you, Liverpool, LFC. They don't care about Shankly or Paisley or even Gerrard. They don't care that your dad and his dad supported Liverpool.

They do care about the price you paid for the seat and how many shirts and scarves you buy for your kids.  They know they can make just as much money with the team finishing in 4th place in the EPL than 1st. As long as they finish in the UCL money they don't care about winning. Why spend loads of money for good players at the transfer window and make 100 million a year when they can spend 0 money at the transfer window and still make 100 million.

If you want the rest of the world to know what you think of the current owners, boycott a match and take away their money. That is all they care about.

YANK_LFC_FAN you re right about Hicks & Gillette only caring about the money and the merchandise we buy and not our passion and you are right about the fact that thee can make just as much money for THEMSELVES by winning 4th place or 1st place so they wont spend money in the transfer market because for themselves its doesn't make a difference .

But the idea of boycotting a game is too serious , I agree these leaflets won't do enough( because it doesn't affect them in any way at all)  but to boycott a game will leave a negative impression on the players . I mean what do we want more to give our support and love to our players ( so they can win games ) OR to get these goons get out of our club ( in any possible way ) . As much a I like the latter idea giving support to our players is whats most important an making sure they win us trophies too . I mean now ( according to people who have gone for matches at Anfeild lately) the home atmosphere hasn't been very good , that's because we're too busy arguing and protesting about these goons that it's taken us away from doing the one thing all of us love the most ( no matter where we are in this world ) : supporting our team , whether we're winning 3-0 or losing 3-0 , that's what makes Liverpool supporters famous , not the protests and stupid owners , but the supporters , the funny and unique chants and banters and huge flags waved on the KOP . that's what matter the most .

Whoops . I think I went a little to far on this ( not really a rant ) but boycott wouldn't be such a great idea , try chucking stuff at 'em . There should be another way to take away their money ? I don' really have any better ideas myself but your idea sounds good on paper because they won't get the money they want but for real it doesn't look good at all for the supporters and players . Many people are putting their heads together and trying to find a solution for this mess , and hopefully , they'll find it soon !

But overall you are absolutely correct about one thing : to hit them where it hurts most , their pockets !

P.S : YANK_LFC_FAN I'm not hitting out on you specifically this is something I've wanted to say from some time .

Quick Reply