Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Read 1851 times
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Ruud Van Nistelrooy
      Apr 02, 2007 08:10:28 pm
      I'm pretty new to the board so apologies if this has been asked before.

I've been thinking about this for a while now and think he would be a great signing for us.  He's openly said that he wants to come back to England, but not to Manchester United.  He's got a proven goalscoring record everywhere he's been and he has experience in the English League and in Europe.

We have some good attacking players but are missing that one man who can bang in 20+ goals every season.  IMO he would fit the bill perfectly.

I don't care that he once played for "them" in fact it would rather rub their noses in it if he started banging in goals for us  ;D

What do you guys think?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Ruud Van Nistelrooy
      Reply #1: Apr 02, 2007 08:14:20 pm
      I understand the point you make, but some players can just never move to certain clubs. RVN to LFC would be one of those situations. As it is, either Eto'o or Villa would be a better buy IMO, got more of their careers in front of them than horseface.
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #2: Apr 02, 2007 08:19:29 pm
      I understand the point you make, but some players can just never move to certain clubs. RVN to LFC would be one of those situations. As it is, either Eto'o or Villa would be a better buy IMO, got more of their careers in front of them than horseface.

Eto'o and Villa are obviously good players BUT I want us to sign someone that we can pretty much guarantee will score goals in the Premiership i.e. someone who has already proved they can.

I worry about us signing another Morientes  :-\
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #3: Apr 02, 2007 08:22:36 pm
      Eto'o and Villa are obviously good players BUT I want us to sign someone that we can pretty much guarantee will score goals in the Premiership I.e. someone who has already proved they can.

I worry about us signing another Morientes  :-\

Like I said, I understand the sentiment, but I honestly believe there will be more chance of Henry signing for us than Van Nistelrooy.
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #4: Apr 02, 2007 08:24:26 pm
      Like I said, I understand the sentiment, but I honestly believe there will be more chance of Henry signing for us than Van Nistelrooy.

I wouldn't be against that either!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Apr 02, 2007 08:26:14 pm
      Please someone lock this thread! thats like Rooney going to Barca and then us wanting to sign him, we don't want horse head
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Apr 02, 2007 08:34:14 pm
      Please someone lock this thread! thats like Rooney going to Barca and then us wanting to sign him, we don't want horse head

Have to agree with you mate, much as it pains me to do so  ;D

We can all start threads saying 'I think we should sign Kaka' or 'I think Ronaldinho would be quite handy', doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

I have to hold my hands up, I did justify the thread with an answer, I should've just said this at the start. It would be nice if everyone could try & stick to speculating about transfers they can quote a source for. Yes, there are some great players out there, but unless there's a transfer rumour, or there's a lesser known player you think could do a great job for us, there's nothing really to discuss.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Apr 02, 2007 08:48:18 pm
      Sorry not a cat in hells chance, anyway surely he's too busy with the Grand National comming up?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #8: Apr 02, 2007 09:00:11 pm
      NO NO NO NO NO....we want quality not leftovers....we are LFC....remember that....the question is 'Who is worthy of putting on the Red shirt?'
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Apr 02, 2007 09:47:44 pm

I think if he was a few years younger and hadn't played for the mancs then it wouldn't be wrong to have a look at him. But that's not the case, so it looks like you're on your own so far ASF mate.
      Also another thing about it is he plays for Real Madrid now. The less dealings we do with them the better I say!
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 02, 2007 10:13:13 pm
      no, no, no, no, no, dont like the player. never have and never will. for me hes in the same league as nevile. you do not speak of them.
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #11: Apr 02, 2007 10:47:42 pm
      I think if he was a few years younger and hadn't played for the mancs then it wouldn't be wrong to have a look at him. But that's not the case, so it looks like you're on your own so far ASF mate.
      Also another thing about it is he plays for Real Madrid now. The less dealings we do with them the better I say!

Fair enough.  The main reason for the post was to see whether you guys would accept him if he did join us.

On reflection, I'm not actually sure whether I would or not but I have no real hatred for him like I do Rooney, Ronaldo or the Neville sisters.
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 04, 2007 09:39:21 am
      i would like to see van nistleroy at liverpool but it aint gonna happen hes getting old and theres no way he will go from man u to madrid to liverpool
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #13: Apr 04, 2007 09:43:59 am
      He's a crap !! I don't want him, he will put rubbish on Anfield ground !
      Cy
      Reply #14: Apr 04, 2007 10:00:21 am
      He's a crap !! I don't want him, he will put rubbish on Anfield ground !

Although I never been a fan of Van Nistelrooy, what you are saying is a nonsense in footballistic way you have to  be reaslitic...

In 200 appearances for united he scored 150 goals!! He broke the Premiership record for scoring in consecutive League games, scoring eight goals in a row from 12/12/01 to 19/1/02. In Europe only, he scored 52 times for 58 games!!

Hardly a "crap" player objectively talking.

Saying that I wouldn't have him here just for an ethic reasons, we could do with someone with that kind of stats.

Quick Reply