Trending Topics

Holidays.....

Read 235068 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Re: Holidays.....
      Reply #1725: May 10, 2024 06:15:52 pm
      So save a day and get the car the following day as we are ready to head out then? Sound...I'll check that out. I assume it's easy to get a transfer from the airport? Cab or bus or shuttle? I think we are going to be staying right near Liverpool One, or at least a couple of minutes away.

I've flew into John Lennon quite a bit and it's easy mate.

Taxi will be queuing normally and you have the bus as well. Probably best grab a taxi with the family.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,046 posts | 3967 
      Reply #1726: May 11, 2024 11:21:43 am
      I've flew into John Lennon quite a bit and it's easy mate.

Taxi will be queuing normally and you have the bus as well. Probably best grab a taxi with the family.

Is right Si but definitely avoid the rip off black cabs and phone a private hire, there's a queue for the Hackney's so phoning a cab will involve the same wait.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #1727: May 11, 2024 06:55:21 pm
      Is right Si but definitely avoid the rip off black cabs and phone a private hire, there's a queue for the Hackney's so phoning a cab will involve the same wait.

Yep this is a great point mate
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #1728: Jun 21, 2024 04:37:15 pm
      So been back from our trip almost a week now. What a trip it was. Can I just say..Ireland is a beautiful F***ing country. We ended up seeing a good bit of it, drove from the airport in Dublin down towards Kilkenny (stayed the night in Killorglin), then drove north, checked out the cliffs of Moher, drove further north into Donegal and stayed the night in town, then headed a little farther northwest and saw Derry and drove over towards Belfast before driving south towards Dublin staying near Killeen Castle. When we come back, would like to explore some other parts and maybe stay longer. People were wonderful, the country was beautiful, I remarked to my wife how no matter how modest a home might be, everyone's home was kept so neat and tidy, definitely a change from the rural areas here in the States where a lot of modest homes look like trash lots because people don't take care of what they have. Weather was what I assume is typical. If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it will change :)

Our time in England started in Liverpool, only for a night, but we go to do the Beatles bus tour (fantastic tour, well worth the money) and got to see Anfield (no tour though, thanks Taylor Swift). We stayed in the city center and it looks like a place I'd like to burn a few nights at some point and definitely get to a match. After Liverpool we headed to the Cotswolds (via Wales which was really cool) and stayed 3 nights near Bourton on the Water. I still can't get over the Cotswolds and how beautiful the countryside is and how quaint the small villages are. I could certainly lose myself there for awhile. Stayed a night in Cambridge which was ok, but we did miss out on some other areas, I'd like to have seen Cornwall, Cliffs of Dover and more in the northeast near York (and at some point get to Scotland). We ended in London for a couple of days and I really liked the city, probably rivals Washington D.C. as my favorite city that I've been to. All in all a great trip and can't say enough about the great people. Still recovering as we packed a ton of stuff into a short time. Traveling definitely makes the world feel a little smaller, I love that aspect of it.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,724 posts | 1679 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1729: Jun 21, 2024 09:59:28 pm
      So been back from our trip almost a week now. What a trip it was. Can I just say..Ireland is a beautiful F***ing country. We ended up seeing a good bit of it, drove from the airport in Dublin down towards Kilkenny (stayed the night in Killorglin), then drove north, checked out the cliffs of Moher, drove further north into Donegal and stayed the night in town, then headed a little farther northwest and saw Derry and drove over towards Belfast before driving south towards Dublin staying near Killeen Castle. When we come back, would like to explore some other parts and maybe stay longer. People were wonderful, the country was beautiful, I remarked to my wife how no matter how modest a home might be, everyone's home was kept so neat and tidy, definitely a change from the rural areas here in the States where a lot of modest homes look like trash lots because people don't take care of what they have. Weather was what I assume is typical. If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it will change :)

Our time in England started in Liverpool, only for a night, but we go to do the Beatles bus tour (fantastic tour, well worth the money) and got to see Anfield (no tour though, thanks Taylor Swift). We stayed in the city center and it looks like a place I'd like to burn a few nights at some point and definitely get to a match. After Liverpool we headed to the Cotswolds (via Wales which was really cool) and stayed 3 nights near Bourton on the Water. I still can't get over the Cotswolds and how beautiful the countryside is and how quaint the small villages are. I could certainly lose myself there for awhile. Stayed a night in Cambridge which was ok, but we did miss out on some other areas, I'd like to have seen Cornwall, Cliffs of Dover and more in the northeast near York (and at some point get to Scotland). We ended in London for a couple of days and I really liked the city, probably rivals Washington D.C. as my favorite city that I've been to. All in all a great trip and can't say enough about the great people. Still recovering as we packed a ton of stuff into a short time. Traveling definitely makes the world feel a little smaller, I love that aspect of it.

So pleased you and the family had a great time visiting our little country and you enjoyed the sights. I wouldn't want to live anywhere but here, it has it's faults like all places but we are actually very lucky.

Come back soon one day FL Red and see more of LIVERPOOL  :)
      « Last Edit: Jun 21, 2024 11:09:01 pm by Klopps Snood »

Quick Reply