Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Noel Quits Oasis

Read 5212 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Noel Quits Oasis
      Aug 29, 2009 12:54:08 am
      Got told by a mate that Oasis has split so checked it out on the website and it says they have but now the website isn't working for me but it can be found on BBC Entertainment, teletext page 504. Am on the internet via iPod so cannot copy the article link but here is what it says;

Noel Gallagher has announced he is quitting rock band Oasis because he can no longer work with his brother Liam.

Noel, the groups lead guitarist, made the statement on the bands website. He said a series of rows with his brother led to the decision.

The guitarist said:  "It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight."

"People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer"

When I get back onto a computer I will put in a link and the article from their website providing it I'd back working for me but you can find the article on BBC teletext.

I can't believe it's happened but I suppose it has been on the cards for a while and if they aren't all happy then their music will suffer as a result.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Re: Noel Quits Oasis
      Reply #1: Aug 29, 2009 12:59:20 am
      :lmao: Again?

They have a split up every other year, usually just before an album or a tour.

Mind you their songs have been pretty poor of late, that "Dig Out Your Soul" album was a long way from Oasis at their best. So maybe they have finally decided to call a day and have used a scrap between Liam and Noel as an excuse. Problem is though Noel can't go and start a new band because it'll always be compared to Oasis in the same way Style Council were always compared to the Jam and I don't see him as a solo artist.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Aug 29, 2009 02:02:39 am
      Ah well.

Surprised they lasted this long.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #3: Aug 29, 2009 02:06:57 am
      I know they haven't been getting along lately but I hope they sort things out eventually, Surely this isn't the end of Oasis! They're my favourite group! Ahh this is a disaster.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Aug 29, 2009 11:01:48 am
      Boring.

Couldn't care less personally! Pair of tw*ts anyway the Gallaghers.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #5: Aug 29, 2009 12:58:01 pm
      He's wanted to do a solo album for years. It's a perfect chance for him to do so. I want to see an album with 10-11 Noel written songs.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6: Aug 29, 2009 10:28:43 pm
      As much as I am a big Oasis fan, I'm not sad with the news at all. Firstly, cause I dont even know if I can trust those news. There's always the possibility they get back together. And also, cause I think Noel can do some good stuff on his own, while Andy Bell is a wasted talent playing bass for them - he is a fantastic songwriter and guitar player... I wish this could open space for a Ride (Bell's former band) reunion, even tough I don't think I will ever see this happening. Ride > Oasis ;)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #7: Aug 29, 2009 10:38:57 pm
      Ah gutted. I'm a massive Oasis fan, seen them a few weeks back in Ireland. I'm more worried that this will just delay the next album though. They'll more than likely be back together again within a year.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #8: Aug 29, 2009 10:46:03 pm
      He's wanted to do a solo album for years. It's a perfect chance for him to do so. I want to see an album with 10-11 Noel written songs.

I'm not keen on a Noel solo album to be honest. 11 of his written songs yeah, but he doesn't strike me as a lead singer which I'd imagine you have to be if you're gonna be a solo artist. I know he does the odd song for Oasis here and there, and they work well but with Liam singing the vast majority of their songs.

Only time will tell though I suppose.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #9: Aug 29, 2009 11:44:38 pm
      Good on you Noel, you finally escaped from your massive tw*t of a brother.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #10: Aug 30, 2009 08:43:22 am
      He's like a Boomerang or Arnie He'll be back?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11: Aug 30, 2009 10:10:17 am

Or he could do an album of Beatles inspired covers tunes..............no, wait.  :f_whistle:
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #12: Aug 30, 2009 10:59:17 am
      Not a moment too soon.

They should've called it a day after Morning Glory as everything since then has been poop.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Aug 31, 2009 10:50:09 am
      Noel going solo... Liam going solo... Noel can't sing, Liam can't write. Fun times
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #14: Aug 31, 2009 06:26:20 pm
      I like Oasis, but I can't say i'm exactly sad this is happening. Their latest stuff was far from their best work, and I don't want to see them go down in the same way that Greenday and Blink 182 became sh*te.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #15: Aug 31, 2009 11:47:14 pm
      Noel going solo... Liam going solo... Noel can't sing, Liam can't write. Fun times

A bit extreme there Mags. Noel can sing, Don't Look Back In Anger and Masterplan are two of their greatest songs and Songbird, written by Liam, is a top tune. Problem is I don't think Noel's vocals or Liam's writing ability are good enough on their own.

Still everything has to come an end.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Aug 31, 2009 11:54:20 pm
      Give it a year or 2 and they will reunite.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #17: Sep 01, 2009 06:20:43 am
      cu*ts the both of them. Love the music, hate them. Its a Love hate relationship.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #18: Sep 01, 2009 09:31:12 pm
      A bit extreme there Mags. Noel can sing, Don't Look Back In Anger and Masterplan are two of their greatest songs and Songbird, written by Liam, is a top tune. Problem is I don't think Noel's vocals or Liam's writing ability are good enough on their own.

Still everything has to come an end.

I know mate I was being sarcastic :P.

I agree with :ernie: I'd say they will be back
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #19: Sep 01, 2009 10:12:29 pm
      Split up for a bit, then announce a comeback tour and charge double for the tickets. If there's one thing I know about rich famous people, it's that they always want more money at the expense of their loyal fans.

Quick Reply