Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Injuries Thread

Read 46379 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: The Injuries Thread
      Reply #460: Mar 04, 2014 01:28:04 pm
      It seems the training I started doing to run a marathon has had a bigger effect on me than I thought.

I quit because I was getting too many ankle and hip problems, and being a big fella anyway and in my mid fifties, it has taken its toll.

I have injured the ligament that attaches the ball to the socket of the hip joint, which explains a few problems I've had.

Next stop is a consultant surgeon and a CT scan with dye injected into my hip to assess the extent of the damage.
      Hope to F**k I don't need surgery, but one way or another I'm glad it's getting sorted.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #461: Mar 04, 2014 03:19:23 pm
      You take care Swab, it's a tough thing to do at our age.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #462: Mar 08, 2014 12:29:14 pm
      That was quick.

Seeing the consultant at the end of the month.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #463: Mar 13, 2014 05:35:11 pm
      More info is that I have to have a big F***ing needle inserted into the joint, which contains an imaging dye, then I get wheeled into a CT scanner, and the consultant surgeon will assess from there.
      They inject a local anesthetic which also has a steroid in it. I have no idea why they have a steroid in there.

Have to say I'm not looking forwards to this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #464: Mar 13, 2014 09:35:34 pm
      Got a paper cut today and I know it's hardly an injury but if anyone has ever had a bad paper cut and then briefly forgotten about it and started to eat a packet of Salt & Vinegar crisps afterwards with that finger being one of the ones going into the packet you will know how I felt at that moment in time when the stinging really set in. Now I have had injuries such as tearing my hamstring, doing my cruciate ligament and splitting my knee cap in half and I can tell you, that moment in time my finger felt like it had been attacked by Jason Voorhees and I'd have taken anyone of them injuries.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #465: Mar 14, 2014 10:20:43 am
      More info is that I have to have a big f**king needle inserted into the joint, which contains an imaging dye, then I get wheeled into a CT scanner, and the consultant surgeon will assess from there.
      They inject a local anesthetic which also has a steroid in it. I have no idea why they have a steroid in there.

Have to say I'm not looking forwards to this.

You wont feel the injection or the dye at all, i had the same for a shoulder injury last year.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #466: Mar 14, 2014 03:44:33 pm
      You wont feel the injection or the dye at all, i had the same for a shoulder injury last year.

I just dislike hospitals and everything that goes with them.

Any issues are entirely in my head, and are unlikely to resemble what actually happens.
      I know this on one level.
      On other levels, I am probably going to drive my family batshit crazy worrying about something I have no need to worry about.

Quick Reply