Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Arsene Wenger

Read 13427 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Arsene Wenger
      Aug 31, 2009 11:49:27 am
      Excuses, excuses. Bloody hell, Arsene just grow a pair and admit your side were not good enough! Your centre mid hit the wrong net and your keeper tripped a fat tw*t over, something tells me you look at your side first before spouting sh*t.

PS: Bottles have feelings.

Wenger slams Utd aproach
      Arsene Wenger has branded Manchester United's style of play this season as 'anti-football'.

The Arsenal boss has slammed the Red Devils' tactics following a fiercely-competitive clash at Old Trafford on Saturday.

United overcame their arch-rivals 2-1 on home soil, recovering from a goal down to take the spoils in the first 'big-four' encounter of the 2009/10 campaign.

Andrey Arshavin had fired Arsenal in front before half-time, but a Wayne Rooney penalty and an own goal from Abou Diaby saw Sir Alex Ferguson's men bounce back after the break.

Things then got worse for the Gunners in the closing stages when Wenger was sent to the stands for kicking a water bottle in frustration after a late Robin van Persie effort was ruled out for offside.

The setback capped a disappointing week for the capital club, with Eduardo's 'dive' against Celtic dominating the headlines prior to the Old Trafford fixture.

Deliberate

Wenger feels his side have been unfairly treated, in the wake of a Uefa ban for Eduardo, and insists United's approach to Saturday's game was far worse than the tumble taken by his striker in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League qualifier.

"I have seen a player who plays on the pitch only to make fouls," he said. "For me, this is a point that is more urgent than diving.

"The players who are never punished, who get out of the game without a yellow card. I think it is more anti-football than a player who did what Eduardo did.

"Look at how many deliberate fouls some players get away with. That's a bigger problem because it cuts the flow of the game. And people pay to see football, not free-kicks."
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2009 11:03:17 am by Reslivo »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Excuse Me! Wenger's Cry Thread
      Reply #1: Aug 31, 2009 12:48:26 pm
      Haha I was just about to post this!

I wonder what player it is he's talking about that's 'there to make fouls'.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #2: Aug 31, 2009 01:09:48 pm
      Fletcher probably.

Wenger's lost it even more than Ferguson.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Aug 31, 2009 01:18:12 pm
      He is a massive moaner but he does have a point.

There were decisions in that game only United would get away with, that Fletcher two footer in the box on Arshavin moments before he scored would have been a straight red and a penalty. Not in this case ridicolously it was deemed a fair tackle and play resumed.

To be fair Arsenal were the better side and with an average midfield pairing of Denilson and Diaby blew them off the park until that controversial penalty decision.

But to sum it all up F**k Wenger he gets on my nerves the pr**k he should really concentrate on his team and there approach and actually try winning a trophy after 5 frutiless seasons.
      stmichael
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 64 posts |
      Reply #4: Sep 01, 2009 01:01:40 pm
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #5: Sep 01, 2009 03:52:02 pm
      It's amazing that Wenger sees every foul against his team but when asked about any incident concerning one of his players he says "he never seen it".

Very blinkered Mr Wenger you can't have it all your own way.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #6: Sep 02, 2009 04:25:36 am
      He is but to be fair the Fletcher tackle on Arshavin was a dead cert Penalty and at least a yellow card, two footed, late, didn't get the ball, inside the box.. come on!!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Sep 02, 2009 08:50:11 am
      He is but to be fair the Fletcher tackle on Arshavin was a dead cert Penalty and at least a yellow card, two footed, late, didn't get the ball, inside the box.. come on!!

That's true.

Wenger is a whinging cry baby (That's "sooky sooky la la" for those in Australia :laugh:), but the Fletcher-Arshavin incident in the box is a definite penalty. Fletcher was fouling all over the place in this game, but to say that it was a Utd tactic that they were playing "anti-football" is pretty pathetic.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #8: Sep 02, 2009 08:00:56 pm
      I dont usually defend or endorse another teams player or coach. But when Wenger went into the United stand and just stood there, that was brilliant!! 

I just thought that was awesome on Wengers part. He just stood their in the mouth of the lion w/ his arms raised saying "F**k You".  That was great.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Mick Mccarthy 's team selection
      Reply #9: Dec 16, 2009 01:50:46 pm
      'Resting' 10 players against United, but incredibly after they managed to beat Spurs at White Hart Lane just days ago. He's copped alot of criticism and mainly from his own club's fans about how they paid to see their team battle against the champions.

While i understand his view, the question must be asked why he has done it. Does he not remember the last league match between Wolves and the Mancs? 1-0 i believe to Wolves, when they were 20th and the Mancs were 1st.

Also, what message does it send to his players and the club on a whole?

If anything, at a club like Wolves where, realistically, staying up is priority they must want to gain as much momentum as possible?

I guess we'll wait and see if his plan works out against Burnley this weekend.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Mick Mccarthy 's team selection
      Reply #10: Dec 16, 2009 02:01:25 pm
      He's an acknowledged plank mate - there's no rhyme or reason to his logic.
      Whiskey face must be laughing his cock off.
      He probably rested his star men for what he thinks is their next big game???
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #11: Dec 16, 2009 02:18:54 pm
      Looks like Fergie might of gave Wolves a briefcase full of money...
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #12: Dec 16, 2009 03:01:11 pm
      Looks like Fergie might of gave Wolves a briefcase full of money...
      Or a carton full of whiskey to Mccarthy. ;)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #13: Dec 16, 2009 04:11:18 pm
      Hope they get relegated now.
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #14: Dec 16, 2009 04:12:39 pm
      I do hope the FA and Premier League investigate this because wolves have broken a premier league rule but knowing them because it was a man united game they won't bother because we all know how much the FA and Premier League love Manchester United.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Dec 16, 2009 04:27:13 pm
      Had huge respect for him. He was a battler on the field feared nobody. He fooking feared utd last night. He was beaten when the fixtures came out in that game. Utd had a kid at the back and a dodgy keeper they lost the last game who knows how they would have reacted last night.

Id love now to see them get relegated by 1 point that they might have got last night with a full team out.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #16: Dec 16, 2009 04:38:42 pm
      Stupid thing to do. Raised the white flag before the war.

This is football. Anything can happen in football, even Wolves beating Manchester United.

Clearly was trying to say 'We have no chance in getting points off United, might as well rest the first team for the next game, a game we have a better chance of winning'.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #17: Dec 16, 2009 05:24:30 pm
      Hello my name's Mick.

I like to roll over and die.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #18: Dec 16, 2009 05:39:58 pm
      He wants locking up, the Beano-looking bent-nosed b***ard.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #19: Dec 16, 2009 06:32:40 pm
      Hello my name's Mick.

I like to roll over and die.
      He's an ex-plank.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #20: Dec 16, 2009 09:13:24 pm
      Inspires confidence in his team, that he doesn't trust the best of them to get anything out of Utd, who are beatable, Burnley proved it.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #21: Dec 16, 2009 11:18:19 pm
      Had huge respect for him. He was a battler on the field feared nobody. He fooking feared utd last night. He was beaten when the fixtures came out in that game. Utd had a kid at the back and a dodgy keeper they lost the last game who knows how they would have reacted last night.

Id love now to see them get relegated by 1 point that they might have got last night with a full team out.
      Or by goal difference!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22: Dec 16, 2009 11:25:36 pm
      He done it because he wants to join the Fergie orgy.

Quick Reply