Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Arsene Wenger

Read 13487 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Mick Mccarthy 's team selection
      Reply #23: Dec 16, 2009 11:28:28 pm
      He done it because he wants to join the Fergie orgy.

Fat Sam, Mick Mccarthy and Fergillingham in an orgy does not get my motor revving.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Dec 16, 2009 11:46:46 pm
      Fat Sam, Mick Mccarthy and Fergillingham in an orgy does not get my motor revving.

You forgot Moyes and Mike Riley.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #25: Dec 16, 2009 11:59:49 pm
      Let's see what team he sends out against us on Boxing Day then.

As far as I'm concerned not even sending out a proper team at United and then sending out your best team for Chelsea or whoever is technically cheating.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #26: Dec 17, 2009 02:20:44 pm
      You can see now why he didn't win any popularity awards when he managed the Republic of Ireland team, he won F**k all to be honest.
      His bad luck is all down to himself - a n*b of the first order.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #27: Dec 17, 2009 04:27:01 pm
      This was wrong - plain and simple cheating, in fact.

Nevermind what resting players may do to enhance Wolves' chances against Burnley, what about those competing for the title or top-four? Is the big, F**k-knuckle going to categorise every game?

I honestly hope that Burnley stuff them and they're eventually relegated by the slimmest of margins. In fact i'll go further and hope that, come the last day, it's between them and Hull who goes down and we field our youth team.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #28: Dec 17, 2009 05:16:16 pm
      It's cheating. He puts in a reserve team to save his main ones for a game he thinks he has a better chance of winning, against Burnley. It's cheating when he puts on his first team against us or anyone else.

As Wenger said, other are only competiting with Man United for 37 games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #29: Dec 17, 2009 08:19:50 pm
      Didnt see Burnley being c**ts last night with there selection v Arsenal and that point could be vital to them later
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Arsene Wenger
      Reply #30: Dec 17, 2009 08:25:32 pm
      He's the second biggest moaner in the league. FFS he's crying about the fixtures list because his side fu**ed up - AGAIN!

We dealt with the exact same thing, against a more physically demanding side, and won!
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #31: Dec 17, 2009 09:21:55 pm
      He's the second biggest moaner in the league. FFS he's crying about the fixtures list because his side fu**ed up - AGAIN!

We dealt with the exact same thing, against a more physically demanding side, and won!

If you're talking about their match with Burnley, they were incredibly fortunate to escape with a point. Burnley had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside, should have had a penalty for a handball that was given outside the box, and Burnley hit the woodwork twice.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #32: Dec 17, 2009 11:25:28 pm
      I see Tony Pulis of Stoke has waded in to this row.

I wonder if the likes of Pulis and McCarthy would have something to say if they were in a relegation dogfight at the end of the year and Liverpool put out a boss team against their team and then a sh*t team against their relegation opponents?

Be a different tale then.

Hope someone does it to Wolves. Batter them 5-0 and then the next week roll over for Pompey or someone.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      If Wenger was our boss....
      Reply #33: Apr 21, 2011 03:50:14 pm
      Would you now want him gone and start afresh?

15 years is it hes there now?  No trophy in 6/7 years, supposedly the greatest squad of youth players ever seen in England. Same old excuses when things doont go for him.

Id be sick of him at this point and would want a new start, as much down to his moaning as his lack of learning from previous mistakes

Any views?
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: If Wenger was our boss....
      Reply #34: Apr 21, 2011 03:54:21 pm
      For me i would be willing to give him one more year bearing in mind he like Rafa has suffered under investment with the building of the Emirates stadium, but last year he should have learned from his mistakes and brought in a proven keeper and a couple of Central Defenders IMO, so this would be the straw that broke the camels back for me if he didn't sort those areas out this summer and the squad won nothing again.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #35: Apr 21, 2011 04:07:50 pm
      I actually feel he's a good manager in terms of building up young kids into making the steps into the first team and subsequently becoming one of the better players in the league.

But he's very stubborn in spending money because he probably should have splashed out cash after last season and bring in a quality goalkeeper, CB and some say a player like Vieira.

I think he has too much confidence in his youth policy or he just doesn't want to spend big so he can say "we have a young team that can challenge next season" when they don't win anything in the current season.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #36: Apr 21, 2011 04:18:03 pm
      He is a moaning w**ker but he is also a top manager IMO. He has built a fantastic team on a shoestring budget. He has kept them challenging while all the money available was being used on the stadium.

Things looked so good a few months ago. After that defeat in the carling cup final, things have just gone from bad to worse. Out of every trophy now and the fans are growing impatient.

I hope he gets one more season, but this time he gets money to spend and they force him to spend. Before the latest takeover, there were loads of shareholders who didn't invest much. Give him money to spend and he'll build you a world class team. Although I do feel he should have brought in a defensive coach to help them out.

Things are starting to look glim at the Emirates ATM. Fabregas latest comments about them needing to challenge for trophies and Nasri and Clichy contract talks arent going to plan. I can easily see all 3 leaving this summer, I would happily take a couple of them.

The problem with Wegner is that he doesn't admit his own teams problems. He always finds someone or something else to blame rather then himself or his own team. Until he starts realizing this and start admitting it then Arsenal will not be winning.

This should be a crucial summer for Arsenal due to key players are unhappy and Arsenal is not as attractive an offer as it was 12 months ago, hey even a couple months ago Arsenal looked like the team who were places. For the last few years we've been saying this is a key summer and they do very little business. I expect the same. They have a new American owner who would be more then happy finishing second every year and getting champions league money and high match day tickets. Don't they have the highest ticket prices out of any clubs on Europe?

I do have sympathy for Arsenal fans, they've been very patient with Wegner and their patience is wearing thin. Bored of listening to the same excuses over and over again. They aren't kids no more, they've got players entering their prime now.

I feel that Arsenal can go a similar way we've gone, from a team challenging to honors to a team that is very poor. I think it has already started IMO, players wanting to leave, fans unhappy, new American owner who can easily be another disaster for football.

If Wenger was managing us and we were in Arsenal's position, I would give him 1 more season and force him to spend money in the summer. To long have the boardroom been worrying about the financial side of things. The fans pay a lot of money to watch Arsenal, I think their due to have some of that money put back into the team.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #37: Apr 21, 2011 04:22:22 pm
      Great talent scout.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #38: Apr 21, 2011 06:17:03 pm
      If he still refuses to spend money in the summer considering Kroenke's financial backing, then if I were an Arsenal fan I'd be calling for his head. Simple fact is, despite the fact he's done a tremendous job in keeping Arsenal competitive on a very low budget, as well as winning a number of trophies, the team he has NOW is a few signings short of glory.

Simply put, he needs to buy some bloody players! They need a GK, at least one CB, a defensive mid and a striker.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Apr 21, 2011 06:20:01 pm
      Some fabulous young creative players. Beautiful football to watch. In saying that, they badly need a Mascherano and Reina if they want to win the league. Would I like him as our manager? Not a chance. Moaning constantly and never admits when he or the players make mistakes. Kenny everytime thanks
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #40: Apr 21, 2011 06:29:32 pm
      Is Liam Brady not responsible for most of the youth coming through there ranks?

The fella is a decent manager but hasnt won fook all with a great team for the last few seasons.

Id want him to "Piss off" if I was a fan. sometimes a club needs a change, I think things have gone stale at the Arse
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      Reply #41: Apr 21, 2011 06:34:00 pm

So am I in town on a Saturday night  :f_whistle:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #42: Apr 21, 2011 08:12:54 pm
      If he was our boss I would hope he lived on The Wirral and had the odd pint in my local The Willows so I could slap the whinging bell whiffer on a regular basis.

Never in my life have I known a worse 'its not my fault' gaffer.

Can't frigginn stand him now.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #43: Apr 21, 2011 09:23:23 pm
      Looked like he spat his dummy out again last night with Harry
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #44: Apr 21, 2011 09:58:19 pm
      There's no doubt he is a good manager, but like Fergie, he is prone to spitting the dummy when things don't his way.
      Personaly, I would hate to have a manager like that, so if I was an ARSEnal fan, I would want rid.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #45: Apr 25, 2011 06:06:32 pm
      There'd be fighting in the streets if ever he manged to get his feet under the table here, it's as though he's fielding a "help the mancs wih the prem team" every F***ing week.It's every season in fact they just fold completely when there's any mention of competition with manUre, no fight whatsoever.
      The only team and the only man to F**k the mancs off is back big time.

Quick Reply