Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

AFL Finals 2009

Read 22104 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: AFL Finals 2009
      Reply #46: Sep 05, 2009 02:58:37 am
      So do I bud, they're standing in the way of us winning Number 17   :f_tongueincheek:   Stone the mother f**king crows  ;D
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #47: Sep 05, 2009 04:03:09 am
      So do I bud, they're standing in the way of us winning Number 17   :f_tongueincheek:   Stone the mother f**king crows  ;D

Aussie, that sends shivers down my spine to read about No.17 for the Blue bas**rds! Almost as scary as it is for me to read No.19 for ManUre!

Bombers mustn't get trumped to 17 as we are both on 16.

Sorry AussieRed, but you aren't quite ready to challenge for the flag, but may do in a couple of years.

St.Kilda is still the team to beat as they'll regroup and go hard in the finals. Also I think the Cats aren't done yet. They'll step it up with their invaluable finals experience, but a lot rests on whether they can get Steve Johnson fit.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #48: Sep 05, 2009 04:05:47 am
      Can't have the Blues beating the Dogs to 17 either we only have 16 to go.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #49: Sep 05, 2009 04:07:05 am
      :lmao:

Well played Sir!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #50: Sep 05, 2009 04:11:46 am

No worries mate, we'll wait for you  ;D

Redstorm, I seriously know we won't be up to it this year but I've got everything crossed that anything can happen on the day. All I wanted to do at the start of the season was get into the finals, see where it takes us. Mission 1 accomplished....now that we're there I'm gonna be really greedy and hope all the cards fall our way. I know we can beat anyone of the sides left on OUR day, we just have to make sure it's OUR day, though....easier said than done.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #51: Sep 05, 2009 04:14:14 am

:lmao:

Stone the crows, F***ing A mate :D I really hope to see the bas**rds beaten next week, i really couldn't stand all the sh*te that i would get from the family if they won a third.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #52: Sep 05, 2009 04:27:56 am
      Bigv, when I was a kid growing up in country SA, I loved the Port Magpies, and I know how much it pissed us off when the Crows scuppered us into the AFL and boy do both sets of fans hate each other!.

But I have always supported the Bombers from day 1 and that hasn't changed. Crows look hungry, but don't worry mate, they won't go all the way.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #53: Sep 05, 2009 04:55:31 am
      Where in SA did ya grow up?? I am a country lad to, from up in the Mid North a little town called Riverton :D
      F***ing pisses me off to this day that, so called team for all south aussies F**k that. They are just a put together team that was brought in so that the most succesful team in the state wouldn't get the license as they were jealous of our success. F**k i hate em! And the rest of my family are all crows and i just hate it, glad im in another country now. They won't get it no, i can't see em beating Geelong or Saints really. And then if they come up against the Dogs i reckon they will be looking to avenge both losses to the crows back in the 90's.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #54: Sep 05, 2009 07:26:39 am
      Where in SA did ya grow up?? I am a country lad to, from up in the Mid North a little town called Riverton :D
      F***ing pisses me off to this day that, so called team for all south aussies f**k that. They are just a put together team that was brought in so that the most succesful team in the state wouldn't get the license as they were jealous of our success. F**k I hate em! And the rest of my family are all crows and I just hate it, glad im in another country now. They won't get it no, I can't see em beating Geelong or Saints really. And then if they come up against the Dogs I reckon they will be looking to avenge both losses to the crows back in the 90's.

I lived in Renmark, in the Riverland from 1980 to 1992. It was great place to be raised, and I played so much sport til I dropped!

One thing I'll never miss is the intense heat in Summer. F**k me, it was hot enough to melt you!

The State were extremely jealous of our amazing success and sabotaged us and our entry. It still shits me to this day that Eddie Everywhere was the driving force to strip us of our image and colours. I mean, Port without the prison bars ain't really Port are they?
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #55: Sep 05, 2009 03:53:40 pm
      I can't believe Carlton couldn't ice the game. They had it in the bag.  :holyshit:

That was the biggest choke since Debbie gargled Dallas!

AussieRed will have the biggest hangover by the time he reads this. :rasp:

Bad luck mate. You guys played well and should be stronger next year
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #56: Sep 06, 2009 03:37:50 am
      Ah, Renmark. Stopped at the maccas there a few early mornings on road trips interstate :D

So sorry AussieRed, hope ya got well and truly drunk to forget about a horrible slip like that. It's what i would have done :laugh:
      I feel for ya, Brissie did the same thing to Port a few weeks ago to snuff our finals chances. We kicked 10 goals in the first quarter then nothing else :f_steam:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #57: Sep 07, 2009 12:23:43 am
      Thanks bigv and to a lesser extent RedStorm  ;)

F***ing gutted ...yes they did choke. They went 30 points up with 28 minutes to play...held out for another 10 and then had 6 kicked on them in the last 16 minutes.

I'm truly traumatized by it. Didn't even have a drink and I had no smoke to get off my face either! Just went to bed a very shattered man. That should please you RedStorm  :P

Still can't believe we blew it, haven't watched the news or read a paper since.

The only thing I wanted after that loss was to be able to comfort myself by watching Liverpool play but alas, not even that came true as we had those F***ing Internationals.  :f_steam:

The only thing that got me through yesterday was it was Fathers Day and my kids knew how gutted I was and made me feel a bit better by showering me with love and kisses for the whole day.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #58: Sep 07, 2009 08:25:30 am
      Nah mate. You being shattered saddens me. Yes I do hate Carlton with a passion but I know there are consequences, especially when it looked like you had it in the bag. I honestly feel for you bud.

Just take consolation in the fact that you guys played very well for the most part. Nick Stevens goal near the left boundary was a stunner. At least you gave it a red hot go....we were bathed!

Work in progress mate, and you guys are a season or 2 ahead of us. Promising future for both clubs as they'll surely get better with experience.

Man, the bloody internationals always pop up when you want it the least, and boy did I miss it also.

Aussie, isn't it so heartwarming to have kids to take the edge off and cheer you up when the chips are down?
      I have 2 little treasures that I adore and they never fail to make me smile.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #59: Sep 07, 2009 08:56:00 am
      Aussie, i remember when Port were the dominant force for 3-4 years and we repeatedly choked until '04, there really was nothing to take the pain away. Especially at that age i couldn't even drink, dark days. I even took a rifle into the paddock and took pot shots at a target with Nathan Buckleys face on it after they knocked us out one year :D
      Thank god for those lovely kids of yours eh? :) I always am thankful i have my girl for when Liverpool lose, think i would be a mess without her :laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #60: Sep 07, 2009 12:54:14 pm
      sh*t weekend of footy all round then :(

Come here, Aussie. We'll comfort each other.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #61: Sep 07, 2009 06:25:27 pm
      F**k I hate Geelong the only constellation is we've got the double chance.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #62: Sep 08, 2009 08:20:08 am
      Cheers bigv, RedStorm and Crouchie.  3 days later and still gutted...need a big man hug.

bigv and RS, I know what you guys mean, doesn't matter how sad you are when your football team loses, you just look at the kids and they get you through it.

Sometimes I go as far as to blame God for not following Liverpool or Carlton  ;) but then I realize he's given me two wonderful kids and I stop blaming him for my Football teams f**k-ups.

Dmasta...Mate, I hope the Bulldogs win it for you, gonna be tough but I hate every other team left in the comp, so I hope they do it for you and for Brad Johnson. Reckon he's a little champ, myself.

EDIT: Bigv mate, love the pot shots with your rifle at Nathan's head. Comedy Gold bud  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #63: Sep 08, 2009 11:13:17 am
      DANIEL BRADSHAW!!!! ;D, we're massive underdogs, rightfully so, but we'll have a good go at the doggies.
      Can see the cats going the whole way unfortunately
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #64: Sep 08, 2009 11:37:41 am
      Come on Aka!!!
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #65: Sep 08, 2009 12:50:23 pm
      Looking forward to the Crows v. Pies match. Should be a cracker.

Bigv, I hope for your sake the Crows win, as we all know they are the Pride of South Australia...dada da da  ;)

Anyone here follow the NRL? I'm a massive Manly supporter, and eager to go to the final at the Dome on Friday night. Storm were anally raped in the Grannie last year and would love to dump us out this season. What a great start to the finals that'll be!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #66: Sep 08, 2009 08:57:50 pm
      Looking forward to the Crows v. Pies match. Should be a cracker.

Bigv, I hope for your sake the Crows win, as we all know they are the Pride of South Australia...dada da da  ;)

Anyone here follow the NRL? I'm a massive Manly supporter, and eager to go to the final at the Dome on Friday night. Storm were anally raped in the Grannie last year and would love to dump us out this season. What a great start to the finals that'll be!

OHHH do not start with that crap :D If the pride of SA is a team put together to please the chardonnay sippers of South Australia then well im disappointed in my home state! :D
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      Reply #67: Sep 09, 2009 05:42:41 am
      Well said mate!

Just a wind up. But I'll take them winning it over Collingwood. I live in Melbourne and these pricks are everywhere. We'll never hear the end of it. Anyway, it's not gonna happen this year surely.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #68: Sep 09, 2009 05:48:59 am
      They can just beat the crap out of each other and who ever limps through can get whipped by Geelong the week after. Perfect ;)

Quick Reply