Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Argentina x Brazil

Read 12532 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Argentina x Brazil
      Reply #92: Sep 06, 2009 02:58:59 pm
      Got really drunk last night to celebrate, haha!

Love to read the Argentine papers today :lmao:  33 years since we last won an official game in Argentina, and it's only the 2nd home defeat for Argentina in a WC qualifier (the 1st one was in 1993, also in a 5th september - the legendary Argentina 0x5 Colombia)

Brazilian papers making fun of Maradona are hilarious ;D I remember when he confessed, years ago, on an Argentine tv program, that they contaminated a Brazilian water bottle with tranquillizers in the World Cup 90 game against us... he told that in laughs. Cheating b***ard. How about that, Maradona? ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #93: Sep 06, 2009 03:14:36 pm
      Looks like a good game. Well doen Brazil :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #94: Sep 06, 2009 03:24:56 pm
      Thought Argentina would have won to be honest.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #95: Sep 06, 2009 03:37:11 pm
      I hope Argentina still get there. A world cup without them would be weird. The talent they have up top is up there with the best in the world. Messi,Tevez,Aguero,Lavezzi etc. They also have the best defensive midfielder around in monster Masch. Good luck Argentina but congratulations to Brazil!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #96: Sep 07, 2009 12:10:48 am
      Its a shame The argies dont have a defence otherwise they would have won this game,going forward they looked much better than Brazil..
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #97: Sep 07, 2009 01:40:18 am
      They need to sack Maradona asap its not good for Masch to be coached by an idiot on an international break.

Great player sh*t manager.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #98: Sep 07, 2009 08:26:36 am
      i honestly think they should persuade riquelme out of retirement. i have always said this. he may be slow, he maybe lazy, you might have to build the whole team around him, but the fact is, its worth it!. tevez, aguero, messi.. you can have great players going forward, but you do need someone to pull the plug from the midfield.! he was and even still is their best player.
      riquelme is one of my two favourite player, right there on top with gerrard, so i may be a bit biased, but there are some facts which you just cant ignore:
      the post-riquelme argentina doesnt have the same firepower. their world cup qualifying record shows that. if im not wrong, he's even their top goalscorer in the qualifiers.
      just compare the argentinian football team of 2006 world cup and now. they were an absolutely fantastic, fre scoring team, and riquelme was then also their top player.
      maradona is the greatest player of all times, but coaching just doesnt seem to suit him. he's just not getting it right. :-\
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #99: Sep 07, 2009 11:09:27 am
      Great win for Brazil, the argies are dire at the back though and are gonna struggle playing against good movement, hope they make it for Masch's sake and possibly Insuas. Not looking good though. Just hope Javier keeps his head when playing for the redmen.

Quick Reply