Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

NFL & College Football

Read 245873 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: NFL & College Football
      Reply #1863: Sep 02, 2013 08:22:55 am
      Just caught up, nice win for my Jets.

Pre-season 3-1-0.  Not too bad. Now for the real thing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #1864: Sep 02, 2013 01:07:57 pm
      Just caught up, nice win for my Jets.

Pre-season 3-1-0.  Not too bad. Now for the real thing.
      Dude, the Jets are going to be lucky to win 3 games all season. Hate to be the bearer of bad news for you ;D
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1865: Sep 03, 2013 12:33:20 pm
      Looking forward to the Bucs making the play-offs this year
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #1866: Sep 04, 2013 12:48:25 am
      I guess you don't know the REAL story.
       Waaaay back in 1968, when Broadway Joe Namath was slinging the ole pigskin around, the Jets actually made it to a Super Bowl.  But surely they couldn't beat the mighty Baltimore Colts. The Colts were favored to win by 18 points.
       A deal was made between Joe Namath and Satan himself.  Joe sold his soul to Satan, in return for winning that Bowl. Now, rumor has it, as long as Broadway Joe is still around, the Jets will never win again.
       But for now , the comedy act known as the NY Jets , will have no joy , no glory, no anything.   ;)
      ;D..I know all to well. I'm a Browns fan. Were not even good enough for Satan to get us a Superbowl. Of course he probably made a deal w/ Art Modell to move to Baltimore. He moved and won a Superbowl, so go figure.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      Reply #1867: Sep 04, 2013 09:56:22 am
      Dude, the Jets are going to be lucky to win 3 games all season. Hate to be the bearer of bad news for you ;D

That will be 3 more than the Dolpins then. :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #1868: Sep 04, 2013 12:42:26 pm
      That will be 3 more than the Dolpins then. :D

That's a good point.

I'm just glad I'm a Cowboys fan ;D
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #1869: Sep 05, 2013 09:28:31 am
      Baltimore @ Denver WK1 01:30.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #1870: Sep 05, 2013 01:31:06 pm
      Pretty sure the Broncos will take this one tonight although I'm really getting sick of hearing them picked to go to the Super Bowl.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #1871: Sep 05, 2013 06:36:38 pm
      Pretty sure the Broncos will take this one tonight although I'm really getting sick of hearing them picked to go to the Super Bowl.

They will, as long as it's not cold in Denver this winter   :D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1872: Sep 06, 2013 03:18:15 pm
      Bronco's went off in the second half, couldn't stop Manning and the offence
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #1873: Sep 07, 2013 08:03:38 pm
      Hey FL , ya think we can finally beat the G-strings at Home this week.  Embarrassed we haven't beaten them in our own stadium yet. Whats it 0-3 or 0-4 now ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #1874: Sep 08, 2013 02:27:35 am
      Hey FL , ya think we can finally beat the G-strings at Home this week.  Embarrassed we haven't beaten them in our own stadium yet. Whats it 0-3 or 0-4 now ?

Hey, the stadium is AT&T Stadium now so we're 0-0 right? ;D

For some reason I'm optimistic about this season. Romo being more involved in the offense is a good thing and the offensive line should be improved. My biggest worry is the defensive line and the lack of depth. That could really be our downfall this year...it's always something. But hey, it was a smart move to draft a 3rd TE in the second round instead of getting a Defensive lineman right Jerrah?!  :mad:
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #1875: Sep 08, 2013 02:06:54 pm
      Hey, the stadium is AT&T Stadium now so we're 0-0 right? ;D

For some reason I'm optimistic about this season. Romo being more involved in the offense is a good thing and the offensive line should be improved. My biggest worry is the defensive line and the lack of depth. That could really be our downfall this year...it's always something. But hey, it was a smart move to draft a 3rd TE in the second round instead of getting a Defensive lineman right Jerrah?!  :mad:

0-0  ,,, Im all for that.   AT&T , just funny to me because the last time I was there my At&t phone got sh*t for reception.   :D

I'm kinda semi-optomistic, whatever the hell that means.  Cant afford too many injuries, especially on D side.
      Think it could be a big year for Dez, man's a freakin beast. Also DeMarco has to stay healthy this year.  Then again it all comes down to depth , like you said.

I'll say 10-6 at best and dare I say a playoff win  :o
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      Reply #1876: Sep 10, 2013 08:56:46 pm
      Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm happy that we won.... Just!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #1877: Sep 10, 2013 11:42:52 pm
      Glad the Cowboys won but the defense was lackluster besides the turnovers and the offense was a tad bit boring, hoping it isn't a sign of things I come.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #1878: Sep 11, 2013 02:52:39 am
      Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm happy that we won.... Just!

That was crazy.  18-17   late hit , how fortunate for the Jets.  Win is a Win

Glad the Cowboys won but the defense was lackluster besides the turnovers and the offense was a tad bit boring, hoping it isn't a sign of things I come.

D-Line needs health.  No pass rush, we will fail miserably with the cover-2.  But hey the Giants got the ball twice down 6 in the last 5:00. And they made the plays. 6 Turnovers, 16 all last year.  Amazing stat, really. They were really ballhawking last night.

Thought O-Line was good, that C was really good.  Could be our best OL in a decade. Romo battled back from that shot to the ribs. He was in some pain for awile, thought to bring in Orton. But it worked out. Finally got that giant monkey off our backs. 

Next week in KC will be really tough.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #1879: Sep 11, 2013 03:36:42 am
      That was crazy.  18-17   late hit , how fortunate for the Jets.  Win is a Win

D-Line needs health.  No pass rush, we will fail miserably with the cover-2.  But hey the Giants got the ball twice down 6 in the last 5:00. And they made the plays. 6 Turnovers, 16 all last year.  Amazing stat, really. They were really ballhawking last night.

Thought O-Line was good, that C was really good.  Could be our best OL in a decade. Romo battled back from that shot to the ribs. He was in some pain for awile, thought to bring in Orton. But it worked out. Finally got that giant monkey off our backs. 

Next week in KC will be really tough.

KC has a heck of an offensive line and they like to pound the ball. Not sure how well that will work out for us, figuring it's going to be on Romo to make plays to keep us in the ballgame if the defense can't stop the run.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #1880: Sep 24, 2013 12:07:16 pm
      Cowboys    2-1
      Beagles      1-2
      Skins         0-3
      G-Strings   0-3   :lmao:   lose 38-0 to Carolina   :lmao:   next @KC  0-4 here we go

Being in NY ,  it's so funny to hear NYG fans complain, fire Coughlin bla bla bla.   LOVE IT!!!  ;D

Hey FL  , we might win this by default
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #1881: Sep 24, 2013 01:34:58 pm
      Cowboys    2-1
      Beagles      1-2
      Skins         0-3
      G-Strings   0-3   :lmao:   lose 38-0 to Carolina   :lmao:   next @KC  0-4 here we go

Being in NY ,  it's so funny to hear NYG fans complain, fire Coughlin bla bla bla.   LOVE IT!!!  ;D

Hey FL  , we might win this by default

I was so ticked off after the KC game...but I suppose that's what it's going to be...Jekyll and Hyde. We need to really knuckle down and take charge. If we can somehow find a way to win at least 1 (preferably both) of the our next 2 we should really be in the drivers seat.

It's almost as good a feeling seeing the Giants and Redskins lose their first 3 as it is to see Dallas go 2-1 ;D
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1882: Sep 26, 2013 10:02:57 am
      Any idea what the heck Schiano is up to with my Bucs team. Guy is a train wreck at the moment
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #1883: Sep 26, 2013 03:07:48 pm
      Any idea what the heck Schiano is up to with my Bucs team. Guy is a train wreck at the moment

You do know the Bucs are owned by the Glazers......that may explain part of it :lmao:

Freeman was never his "guy" so he's been angling for a way to get Glennon on the field in my opinion. Josh hasn't helped himself with his play so this is a perfect opportunity.

Never thought Schiano should have an NFL job though so it's not surprising to me that he's in over his head.

Bucs are right up the road from me so I hear all of the chatter.....fans aren't too happy, they thought this was going to be a big year for them.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1884: Dec 28, 2013 05:44:27 pm
      I'll go anywhere to watch my beloved Rutgers play.  I'm at Yankee Stadium right now.  Terrible place for a football game. 

TD RU!!!!!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1885: Feb 02, 2014 09:16:21 pm
      Super Bowl Sunday!
      Heart says Seahawks, head says Broncos.
      Going to be an epic game either way.

Quick Reply