Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NFL & College Football

Read 242948 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Re: NFL & College Football
      Reply #1909: Jan 22, 2015 01:51:22 pm
      Once again the team getting caught and probably punished while others get away with it. Definitely the only cheaters in the league, yep.

Do you have proof of others getting away with it?

Nonetheless....if they ARE the only ones getting caught, then they should really be punished because they are horrible at cheating.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1910: Jan 22, 2015 02:06:06 pm
      Do you have proof of others getting away with it?

Nonetheless....if they ARE the only ones getting caught, then they should really be punished because they are horrible at cheating.
      Matt Leinart said every team does it. Rodgers said he does it. Vikings and Panthers were warned for warming up game balls earlier this season. They were caught and nothing was done, why?

Also let's not forget that the second half, where the Pats destroyed them, was played with regulation balls. This is a non issue. Sure, it would be cheating, but no advantage was gained. Coaches, players, ex players, even Colt players, have said that this is a non story. Just the media have to make it something.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1911: Jan 22, 2015 03:19:29 pm
      Matt Leinart said every team does it. Rodgers said he does it. Vikings and Panthers were warned for warming up game balls earlier this season. They were caught and nothing was done, why?

Also let's not forget that the second half, where the Pats destroyed them, was played with regulation balls. This is a non issue. Sure, it would be cheating, but no advantage was gained. Coaches, players, ex players, even Colt players, have said that this is a non story. Just the media have to make it something.

If no advantage was gained why did they do it?

It's not really a non-story. The Patriots have a history of trying to circumvent the rules to gain whatever edge they can gain.

Mark Brunell (former QB for Jags among others) said that a deflated ball is a huge advantage. I'll trust him over Matt Leinart, a washed up QB that is looking for any excuse to get some publicity.

And I believe what Aaron Rodgers said was that he likes the balls to be over-inflated, which actually makes them harder to throw and catch.

When the 11 of 12 balls were found to be under inflated in a game with bad conditions it seems obvious that the Patriots were trying to gain an edge. Did they need it? Most fans think no but they obviously thought they did otherwise why did they do it?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1912: Jan 22, 2015 04:52:52 pm
      This is most likely a Brady issue. He likes his the way he likes em and if they get cleared then they get cleared? I'm sure we'll know more when he talks about it later on.

QBs like em differently. Over or under. Both are still cheating.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1913: Jan 22, 2015 05:19:42 pm
      This is most likely a Brady issue. He likes his the way he likes em and if they get cleared then they get cleared? I'm sure we'll know more when he talks about it later on.

QBs like em differently. Over or under. Both are still cheating.

One thing's for sure...the Seahawks are loving this as there has been zero talk about them.....got to love no distractions for your team.

Carroll is probably the one that reported it ;D
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1914: Jan 22, 2015 06:21:22 pm
      One thing's for sure...the Seahawks are loving this as there has been zero talk about them.....got to love no distractions for your team.

Carroll is probably the one that reported it ;D
      Good news for Pats is full attendance at practice today! Good to have Stork back. Our O line is looking sharp as of late and it couldn't have come at a better time! Healthiest Gronk has been in the postseason since the last time we were in the Superbowl too. Boy, do we need him. Draws so much attention away from the guys that have been converting on key plays that his presence alone is enough.

Hopefully this sh*t is over with asap, for better or worse, so attention is on the game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1915: Jan 22, 2015 07:18:41 pm
      Good news for Pats is full attendance at practice today! Good to have Stork back. Our O line is looking sharp as of late and it couldn't have come at a better time! Healthiest Gronk has been in the postseason since the last time we were in the Superbowl too. Boy, do we need him. Draws so much attention away from the guys that have been converting on key plays that his presence alone is enough.

Hopefully this sh*t is over with asap, for better or worse, so attention is on the game.

Don't think it's going to be.

Listened to Aikman this morning and he brought up some good points....says that quarterbacks always know what's going on with the balls because they are so picky about how they want them to feel. The fact that Belichick used the Sean Payton defense may not bode well for him either. If the league finds that something was tampered with, Belichick won't escape culpability. Goodell himself told Payton that he was responsible for everything that happened on his watch with respect to the rules.

I also saw someone mention the possibility of suspensions BEFORE the Super Bowl. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility as there is another week before the game and the league will have to do something about this. They are in a hard spot....do they help out their pet franchise and delay a ruling or do they continue to try and show themselves to be on top of things and bring harsh judgement swiftly.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1916: Feb 02, 2015 03:13:09 am
      That's my Pats...#4!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #1917: Feb 02, 2015 12:05:59 pm
      Hoe does Carroll call a pass on the goaline? Shoulda ran Lynch , still had timeouts....ooops . One of the biggest coaching blunders in SB history

After that miracle catch that put Seattle down to 5 yd line... NE looked cursed, (Tyree, Manningham)

But they made the big INT... Pats deserved to win   Fantastic Game
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1918: Feb 02, 2015 01:51:25 pm
      Hoe does Carroll call a pass on the goaline? Shoulda ran Lynch , still had timeouts....ooops . One of the biggest coaching blunders in SB history

After that miracle catch that put Seattle down to 5 yd line... NE looked cursed, (Tyree, Manningham)

Yea but let's be honest...the Cowboys would have handled the Patriots, likely with ease ;)
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1919: Feb 02, 2015 02:50:01 pm

It wasn't One of the biggest coaching blunders in SB history.  It was The Worst coaching decision in all of sports!!!  What the deuce were they thinking???
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #1920: Feb 02, 2015 02:50:21 pm
      Yea but let's be honest...the Cowboys would have handled the Patriots, likely with ease ;)

Don't get me started about that....hahaha

We would have ran it down theyre throat.... then D Murray would have fumbled ;) ... to me that was a bigger play than the Dez 'non' catch.  Would have been up by 2 scores, ah well.....Next year,
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #1921: Feb 02, 2015 02:53:25 pm
      It wasn't One of the biggest coaching blunders in SB history.  It was The Worst coaching decision in all of sports!!!  What the deuce were they thinking???

Amazing how some coaches try sh*t like that...like they lose track of the situation or something, or outthink themselves.

2 nd goal at 2     :20 left and a timeout

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1922: Feb 02, 2015 03:16:26 pm
      Gotta give Pats a lot of credit for the pick though. Knew what was coming with the stacked receivers and Butler made a hell of a play. Lockette looked wide open:

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1923: Feb 02, 2015 03:27:52 pm
      sky that's a great pic.  It also shows the receiver ran a bad route and Wilson threw a bad ball.  Yeah the db made a great play but Wilson had a lot of room to throw that ball into.  Bronx's fellow St. Joe's Alum McCourty (and mine from Rutgers) wouldn't have been able to get over to his left to make the play.

Bad throw.  Bad Route.

Terrible play call.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1924: Feb 02, 2015 04:24:42 pm
      Not to mention, if Russel pump fakes that and takes off he probably at worst has to beat one man to get the TD.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1925: Feb 02, 2015 04:40:26 pm
      The biggest story for me is not the terrible play call at the end, deflated balls, or anything else. It's how the Patriots and officials completely disregarded Edelman's concussion in the fourth quarter. Per the NFL's own protocol, he was supposed to come off the field and be evaluated. He never came off, he was never evaluated, he scored the game-winning touchdown when he shouldn't have even been on the field.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1926: Feb 02, 2015 06:03:25 pm
      The biggest story for me is not the terrible play call at the end, deflated balls, or anything else. It's how the Patriots and officials completely disregarded Edelman's concussion in the fourth quarter. Per the NFL's own protocol, he was supposed to come off the field and be evaluated. He never came off, he was never evaluated, he scored the game-winning touchdown when he shouldn't have even been on the field.
      It's being reported that he did pass a concussion test.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1927: Feb 02, 2015 06:19:17 pm

yea and those footballs never got tampered with ;)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1928: Feb 02, 2015 06:46:24 pm

I just saw the AP story on it. I still have my doubts. He still shouldn't have finished that drive early in the fourth quarter (there also should have been a penalty on the Seahawks for the hit).

And even if they did test him, I guarantee you the sideline test is not adequate, which is why more testing is supposed to be done in the locker room.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1929: Feb 03, 2015 12:23:50 am
      I just saw the AP story on it. I still have my doubts. He still shouldn't have finished that drive early in the fourth quarter (there also should have been a penalty on the Seahawks for the hit).

And even if they did test him, I guarantee you the sideline test is not adequate, which is why more testing is supposed to be done in the locker room.
      Any sideline test is going to not be up to snuff.  I passed quite a few tests from the team doc in my hockey days after having my bell rung.  Most of the time I couldn't remember the shift I took before I got hurt.  Heat of the moment I guess. 
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #1930: Feb 03, 2015 01:28:45 pm
      sky that's a great pic.  It also shows the receiver ran a bad route and Wilson threw a bad ball.  Yeah the db made a great play but Wilson had a lot of room to throw that ball into.  Bronx's fellow St. Joe's Alum McCourty (and mine from Rutgers) wouldn't have been able to get over to his left to make the play.

Bad throw.  Bad Route.

Terrible play call.

Yeah, and if u look closer... that Seattle WR #15 was supposed to run a slant, which would have been a great pick play on the Pats DB #21, but the other NE corner #33 locked him up at the line. That's a great read/play also. If #15 broke free on the slant he would have blocked off NE #21 from getting there in time and #83 would have been wide open for a TD.

Regardless , I'd have ran Lynch and won the Super Bowl ;D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1931: Jan 24, 2016 10:41:41 pm
      Lucky enough to tickets to this years Super Bowl
      Hoping for a Broncos - Cardinals Final
      Looking good so far!

Quick Reply