Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

NFL & College Football

Read 244983 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: NFL & College Football
      Reply #1955: Aug 29, 2016 02:21:17 am
      Guess he hates his white parents.

I completely support his right to sit during the anthem, but I also support anyone's right to call him a douchebag for it. Where was he a couple years back when he was actually popular? He wasn't sitting then. Sounds to me like he's an attention whore 

Many bad things have been done under that flag, but many good things have as well, and to quote the movie Barbershop 2, there's no better time in history than right now to be a black person in the US. 

Guess Kaep should quit the job that he is afforded paying him millions of dollars to play a game since it was all provided for and allowed under that oppressive flag.

And Drumpf can suck one (along with Hillary) but nice try with your mass generalizations.

:lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #1956: Aug 29, 2016 02:26:52 am

Is that supposed to be a placeholder for a forthcoming intelligent comment?

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1957: Aug 29, 2016 03:34:21 am
      Is that supposed to be a placeholder for a forthcoming intelligent comment?

Jeez, let's hold up on the attack. My opinion bother you so much? F**k mate, settle the F**k down.

I was going to respond but thought F**k it, clearly you're so against what I said nothing will change it.

But hey, there is a couple things. Will be brief as I can't honestly be fu**ed with extensive response when one is so feisty that it really seems pointless.

1. Nothing in my post said that Kaep a) Hates whites or b) Ergo, must hate his white parents. In fact, all he is doing (imo, just FYI before you load up your barrels) is simply placing another voice in a discussion. A very important discussion, because regardless of your Barbershop quote (which is a tad ironic, so kind of mis-used by yourself - AGAIN, my opinion) it is still of advantage to be of the lighter skinned type. My wife is Hispanic, American but of Mexican descent. She gets stopped far more than myself for "random checks" and with lines of questioning that border on "guilty until proven innocent."

2. Arguably it would have been more beneficial for him to pull this "when he was popular" - now, he's an expendable QB in a league that likes its players to be vanilla as F**k. His stance now is far more dangerous to his job that pays him than it would have been when he'd just lost a Super Bowl by margins.

3. So his job in the NFL under the "oppressive flag" means he surrenders all right to speak on social issues? Why is it people expect players to be these F***ing robots? There are real issues plaguing that country, he's making his opinion heard. Just because he was adopted by white people and had a good upbringing doesn't mean he can't speak for those he feels are in need of support. I'm white, does that mean I can't have an opinion on racial problems? I was born on this side of the fence so I have to stick to it? I don't know what you're trying to say. But man, I'm just a peace loving son of a bi*ch that wants everyone to get along. Sue me.*

*Also well aware that it is human nature to be in constant conflict as we are a dumb c**t species, but hey, it's nice to dream.

I also can see reason as to why maybe he should have found a different way to voice his views. But there's really never a perfect time to do something that shakes foundations, so whatever. Good on him. Hope he puts some money where his ass is and doesn't just stick to the hot take kind of action.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1958: Aug 29, 2016 09:51:05 am
      I find it interesting that Kaepernick said his reason for not doing it sooner was that he needed to do some research :lmao: That sure took a few years eh?

Fair play to him if he feels like it will help the situation but he has to do more than just sit during the national anthem to show how much it means to him and to make a difference IMO.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #1959: Aug 29, 2016 12:17:14 pm
      I find it interesting that Kaepernick said his reason for not doing it sooner was that he needed to do some research :lmao: That sure took a few years eh?

Fair play to him if he feels like it will help the situation but he has to do more than just sit during the national anthem to show how much it means to him and to make a difference IMO.

Exactly, this is a publicity ploy on his part because literally no one cares about him right now. I fully support his right to protest however he sees fit, but I also have the right to call him out because I think it's all BS.

Not to mention, I would not be surprised one bit if he's doing this in an effort to TRY and get cut because he knows he isn't going to start or play this season barring a Gabbert injury. He already tried to force the 49'ers to trade him this off season.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1960: Aug 29, 2016 06:24:51 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #1961: Aug 29, 2016 07:19:30 pm

He didn't really pay dearly for that though. His decline was due to his decline of skills, not because of any perceived treatment. In fact I was a huge basketball fan at the time and I don't even remember it being that big of a deal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1962: Sep 12, 2016 08:23:55 pm
      RG3 has gotten himself injured yet again, been put on IR :D.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1963: Oct 30, 2016 10:30:21 pm
      Packers v Falcons is a good game,Atlanta just took the lead 26-24 still a quarter to play.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1964: Nov 12, 2016 08:45:46 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1965: Nov 20, 2016 06:18:19 pm
      So yesterday was Harvard v Yale,groups of them showed up at the pub from both sides when the game finished nothing not even someone clapping,weird bunch.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1966: Nov 21, 2016 10:02:21 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1967: Dec 13, 2016 04:44:48 pm
      The Patriots made the game interesting last night,two special team F**k ups in 2 minutes, gave up 14 points.Still Brady came thru.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #1968: Dec 13, 2016 04:56:26 pm
      The Patriots made the game interesting last night,two special team f**k ups in 2 minutes, gave up 14 points.Still Brady came thru.

Patriots will get beat by Raiders or Chiefs in the playoffs, take your pick. No more Super Bowl rings for Brady.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1969: Dec 13, 2016 05:47:42 pm
      Brady wants to play for another 5 years,loads of rings there, as long as Bill doesn't join Don Fuhrer and try to run the country.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1970: Dec 27, 2016 08:55:03 am
      Patriots will get beat by Raiders or Chiefs in the playoffs, take your pick. No more Super Bowl rings for Brady.

Anything else is just a bonus at this point for the GOAT. Saying that, good luck to a Raiders team now possibly without Carr, and a Chiefs team with Andy 'What is Time Management?' Reid. Pats have their usual shaky components, and I think the loss of Gronk will be the difference when it comes to a close Super Bowl, and may be why we lose - but I think we're a good shake in getting to the big dance at least.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #1971: Dec 27, 2016 01:36:12 pm
      Way to wait till after Carr gets hurt to post this :lmao:

You guys better not sleep on KC or Pittsburgh. Your offense isn't exactly prolific against a good defense. Take away the troll Edelman and Brady has no one the throw to other than Stone Hands Marty B.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1972: Dec 28, 2016 10:09:32 am
      Way to wait till after Carr gets hurt to post this :lmao:

You guys better not sleep on KC or Pittsburgh. Your offense isn't exactly prolific against a good defense. Take away the troll Edelman and Brady has no one the throw to other than Stone Hands Marty B.

Sorry this is the first time I've been in this thread for ages. Pretty busy. I'm not being a mAsshole here by the way, I'm chatting football. I ain't sleeping on KC, and definitely not Pittsburgh. Pitt are my #1 besides the Pats in the AFC now that Oakland are likely not going to be near the mark minus Carr. KC are a bit of an enigma. They're tough, and grind some great results out - but they've also lost a few that really shouldn't be losses for a team needing to fight in a tough division, and one that has Super Bowl aspirations. Pats mail a few in here and there as well.

Nope, offense is certainly not against good defence - but that's why it's good defence. As I said, I see plenty of flaws in the Pats, but they're a damn good football team again this year and deserve that credit. Dynasty in this day and age of football, the likes of which will be tough to ever replicate.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1973: Dec 28, 2016 05:04:54 pm
      I liked this at the end of the denver game,
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g2vwlXBuRk.

Great to see talib getting all bullshit about it.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1974: Jan 07, 2017 04:47:40 pm
      wild card weekend?
      i'll take Texans and Steelers in the afc,Lions and Packers in nfc.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1975: Jan 14, 2017 07:55:45 pm
      So chargers moving to l.a,raiders to vegas.
      Divisional weekend,i'll go Falcons,Patriots,win today
      Cowboys(although i hope the packers win),Steelers tomorrow.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1976: Jan 17, 2017 02:10:08 am
      wild card weekend?
      i'll take Texans and Steelers in the afc,Lions and Packers in nfc.

So chargers moving to l.a,raiders to vegas.
      Divisional weekend,i'll go Falcons,Patriots,win today
      Cowboys(although i hope the packers win),Steelers tomorrow.

You've been almost spot on with picks (since you hoped for Packers :D ) But glaring miss is picking Lions in wildcard - that team was a pretender all year, stood no hope even against a weaker Seahawks team.

Man this last weekend was sh*t for the bookies :lmao: Saw William Hill had their worst day ever they said, Packers and Steelers as underdogs - big money. I even came out $50 ahead (I'm a small punter, never like to bet more than I can forget, aka a few bucks here and there) but the odds were so good. Bet on Pats to win by 14+, Packers to just win, Steelers to just win, $5 bet. Easy money.

Anyway, feeling the Pats should be able to handle the Steelers. Always dangerous is Big Ben, but don't think they can stop the Pats scoring enough to get it. We'll see though.

Matty Ice vs A-Rod is gonna be F***ing lit, as the kids say. Should be a fun champ weekend!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1977: Jan 22, 2017 06:44:01 pm
      I forgot about stafford's finger so i wouldn't of taken detroit,honest guv! f***in Atlanta are looking real good.I'll go with the Pats although some tw*t set off the fire alarm at the Steelers hotel 3 am this morning,so they've got a ready made excuse for the defeat and an nfl alarmgate inquiry no doubt.i'lll go 27-17 Pats,34-21 Atlanta.

Quick Reply