Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NFL & College Football

Read 242937 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: NFL & College Football
      Reply #2001: Jan 07, 2018 09:18:08 pm
      Titans coming to New England next saturday night.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2002: Jan 08, 2018 05:34:43 am
      My post Coutinho blues cheered slightly by the Chiefs blowing yet another playoff lead (I f***in hate the Chiefs) and confirmation of Jon Gruden's return to my beloved Raiders, back where he belongs! Klopp and Gruden, could listen to them both for hours on end.

"Aww man, I love this kid, I've watched a lot of this guy, spent a ton of time with this kid."

Gruden. Has more time than Santa Claus. I'm skeptical of the amount of faith put into him right from the off, guess it was necessary to draw him away from the set though.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2003: Jan 08, 2018 11:25:00 am
      So Alabama  v Georgia today. Don’t really like any of those two but since I’m tired of Alabama winning almost every year I guess I prefer Georgia to win it but I see Alabama wining today, it’ll be the 5th national championship in like 9 years for Nick Saban.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2004: Jan 08, 2018 01:26:17 pm
      So Alabama  v Georgia today. Don’t really like any of those two but since I’m tired of Alabama winning almost every year I guess I prefer Georgia to win it but I see Alabama wining today, it’ll be the 5th national championship in like 9 years for Nick Saban.

What are you talking about? UCF are National Champions. Today's game is just a less interesting SEC championship game.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2005: Jan 08, 2018 02:02:38 pm
      What are you talking about? UCF are National Champions. Today's game is just a less interesting SEC championship game.

Well actually UCF finished the season undefeated and beating Auburn (who I think have a better team than Alabama), so I agree they deserved more than the Peach Bowl.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2006: Jan 08, 2018 07:06:51 pm
      Well actually UCF finished the season undefeated and beating Auburn (who I think have a better team than Alabama), so I agree they deserved more than the Peach Bowl.

Yep, a long-suffering one at that! This will be the 30th Super Bowl since I started following them and I reckon I must have seen about 6-7 winning seasons in that time. Low lights include losing an AFC championship game 51-3, getting fookin whooped in our only SB by Gruden and the Bucs and of course the frickin Tuck Rule.

PS. yeah the Gruden contract is bonkers, I was expecting 5 years tops, if he doesn't work out i'm not sure what Davis can do and we'll be stuck with him. I'm stoked to get him though, I love Gruden to bits and have regretted the trade ever since Al did it.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 08:41:40 pm by Scottbot »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2007: Jan 11, 2018 04:53:47 pm
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2008: Jan 12, 2018 08:33:51 pm

Delighted with that! Hopefully we lay a hit better than last time out, I think it was 35-3 at the half vs the Fins and then Mark Davis sacked the HC on the plane ride home! Raiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddee errrrrrrsssss!!!!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2009: Jan 14, 2018 07:28:26 pm
      Steelers getting an old fashioned ass kicking at the moment by Jacksonville.Patriots cruised by the Titans last night.in the nfc Eagles won in a rubbish match yesterday,i'll take new orleans over the Vikings in the later game.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2010: Jan 14, 2018 10:03:08 pm
      The entire NFL falling over itself to gift the Pats another SB title this season. Bortles, Foles and quite possibly Keenum will make up the list alongside Brady. What a joke.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2011: Jan 15, 2018 04:45:35 pm
      I thought they were gonna be the Las Vegas Raiders not the Everton Raiders!why so bitter! ;)  That finish to the vikings game last night,holy F**k, :o, will be tough if they get to superbowl,home field advantage.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2012: Jan 18, 2018 04:51:34 pm
      Brady hurt his throwing hand! :f_wah:,limited work out.We are fu**ed!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2013: Jan 20, 2018 07:31:15 am
      I thought they were gonna be the Las Vegas Raiders not the Everton Raiders!why so bitter! ;)  That finish to the vikings game last night,holy f**k, :o, will be tough if they get to superbowl,home field advantage.

Being a Raider is like being a bitter! Raiders coming to the UK next season! Sorry the Pats are my Man U! Along with the Chiefs
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2014: Jan 21, 2018 11:16:00 pm
      Just f***in wow!!!Patriots!!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2015: Jan 22, 2018 05:28:32 pm
      Another year another SB....hence why AZPatriot is once again a happy fella!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2016: Feb 04, 2018 07:30:35 pm
      F**k not sure if i wanna go out to watch this now!and it's F***ing raining. :f_wah:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #2017: Feb 04, 2018 09:26:46 pm
      Off work tomorrow so able to watch the entire Superbowl.

Go Eagles.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #2018: Feb 05, 2018 04:03:24 am
      WOW. What a game. One of the best Superbowls. Good to see Philly finally win the big one. Philly fans are some of the funniest, craziest, nastiest bunch of drunken psycopaths in the entire league. The only team in the league that has a working, fully functioning courtroom and judge inside the stadium during games to arrest and prosecute the hooligans who get into fights inside the stadium and parking lots. The only team in the league that has issued banning orders for entire families. They booed a Make a Wish child. I saw an Eagles Cowboys game at the old Vet and it was insane and one the best games i ever went to and I'm a Browns fan.

Congrats Philly you deserve it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #2019: Feb 05, 2018 10:40:16 am
      WOW. What a game. One of the best Superbowls. Good to see Philly finally win the big one. Philly fans are some of the funniest, craziest, nastiest bunch of drunken psycopaths in the entire league. The only team in the league that has a working, fully functioning courtroom and judge inside the stadium during games to arrest and prosecute the hooligans who get into fights inside the stadium and parking lots. The only team in the league that has issued banning orders for entire families. They booed a Make a Wish child. I saw an Eagles Cowboys game at the old Vet and it was insane and one the best games i ever went to and I'm a Browns fan.

Congrats Philly you deserve it.

It was a great game and like you say good to see Philly win.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2020: Feb 05, 2018 05:29:00 pm
      Well an all round super sh*te sunday!Couple of dodgy calls against the Pats but of course the Patriots always get the calls,F**k Phily they can stick their cheese spread where the sun doesn't shine.And i'm not really keen on both the offensive/defensive coaches having headcoach jobs lined up before the end of the F***ing season.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #2021: Feb 06, 2018 10:13:34 pm
      Well an all round super sh*te sunday!Couple of dodgy calls against the Pats but of course the Patriots always get the calls,F**k Phily they can stick their cheese spread where the sun doesn't shine.And i'm not really keen on both the offensive/defensive coaches having headcoach jobs lined up before the end of the F***ing season.

The Pats D completely lost that game. Brady threw 500yds. The greatest qb performance in SB history and he lost. I still think Brady is the GOAT. If they won he would of cemented himself as the greatest ever with no debate. But Philly just outcoached Belichek, which was amazing.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2022: Feb 06, 2018 10:21:40 pm
      The Pats D completely lost that game. Brady threw 500yds. The greatest qb performance in SB history and he lost. I still think Brady is the GOAT. If they won he would of cemented himself as the greatest ever with no debate. But Philly just outcoached Belichek, which was amazing.

This sums it up for me. Big Pats fan, but we got out played in the trenches, and our secondary was as non-existent as a Liverpool defence. Brady was the best form of Brady he could be, and it still wasn't enough - proving to any novices out there that the QB is not everything, considering the Eagles were playing with their (very competent) backup. I saw Foles in person in college and he mildly impressed me then, but these last two games - my word. Hats off. That man played brilliant.

Also just happy that a few of the "controversial"  TD calls (I don't see any controversy myself) went Philly's way because I'm sick of the Pats refs memes. Proof right there that the game just gets called how it is. Bit annoyed on the Cooks play as I feel like there was some intent from Jenkins, but whatever. Hogan may have been picked on the last second hail mary, but again - football. You never get 100% of the calls. Philly deserved the win, I aint gonna be sore about it.

Hope the city of Philly hasn't completely destroyed itself in celebration, but they deserved every shotgunned beer from the top of a traffic light that they have done. Great season.

Brady is still the best and any fellow Pats fans, we have witnessed five championships from the same QB-Coach combo. We'll be aight. :D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2023: Feb 07, 2018 04:10:43 pm
      Josh MacDaniels fucks the colts headcoaching gig off!....more to come about that no doubt.Still no definate news on Malcolm Butler benching and Gronkowski may not comeback next year,also got his house robbed while he was away.Gonna be an interesting off season round these parts.

Quick Reply