Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NFL & College Football

Read 242840 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: NFL & College Football
      Reply #2093: Jan 20, 2020 08:17:21 pm
      Watched the docu about Aaron Hernandez.

On the face of it, a young kid who blew it all because he was an idiot.

When you delve a bit deeper, so many issues that affected his wellbeing.

The CTE thing is awful.

Another one suffering a brain injury no one knew about until it was far too late.

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #2094: Jan 29, 2020 07:34:24 am
      Another one suffering a brain injury no one knew about until it was far too late.

I don’t know.  He was a thug in high school.  He was a thug when he was at Florida.  He remained a thug when he was with the Pats.

That being said, I have a couple of friends that played at Rutgers and played in the NFL.

They talk to my son who is a very good lacrosse player.  He is 6’2 weighs 210lb.  He’s 15 years old.

Two former NFL players have told him not to play football.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2095: Jan 30, 2020 03:37:21 pm
      Being a thug kinda goes with the territory of american football.Don't think a week goes by without someone getting busted college or pro.The percentage of kids outta college that make it as a pro is also way low,so  ya gotta load of pissed off 'that could of been' types wandering around,it's a messed up system.But it's the superbowl,trump and hannity doing a pre-game,lots of flag waving,military,uniform fetish worship some god awful half time show and in the middle Mahomes v Jimmy G.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2096: Jan 31, 2020 01:02:00 pm
      Two former NFL players have told him not to play football.

One thing I think could be a trend with the retirement of Luke Kuechly and Andrew Luck is with the lasting effects of injuries and CTE that some of the more talented players will retire earlier after making some coin.

As for the super bowl hopefully KC can win because I have too many annoying 49er fans ;D

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2097: Feb 01, 2020 11:01:52 pm
      Mahomes could become one of the greatest QB's of all time and it all starts tomorrow night.

I have KC winning it, what does everyone else think?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2098: Feb 02, 2020 01:08:37 am
      Haven't been following a lot of NFL. I believe it's going to be a tight game, but I have a feeling the Chiefs are going to win it.

KC is a nice city and the Chiefs fans are one of the loudest around -besides I have a few friends from KC- so hopefully they win it tomorrow
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2099: Feb 02, 2020 09:06:31 am
      Mahomes could become one of the greatest QB's of all time and it all starts tomorrow night.

I have KC winning it, what does everyone else think?

It'll be a tight game I think but expect the Chiefs to just have enough offensively for the 49ers.

Mahomes is the most exiting player in the NFL for me so I'm going for the Chiefs to win.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2100: Feb 02, 2020 02:19:29 pm
      It'll be a tight game I think but expect the Chiefs to just have enough offensively for the 49ers.

Mahomes is the most exiting player in the NFL for me so I'm going for the Chiefs to win.

I was hoping for a Ravens vs KC final! I think Lemar Jackson and Mahomes are going to be battling it out year after year for that MVP title.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2101: Feb 02, 2020 05:13:48 pm
      I was hoping for a Ravens vs KC final! I think Lemar Jackson and Mahomes are going to be battling it out year after year for that MVP title.

Yea was hoping Baltimore got to the Super Bowl as well. Jackson has been great this season
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2102: Feb 02, 2020 05:28:49 pm
      Yea was hoping Baltimore got to the Super Bowl as well. Jackson has been great this season

See them two going head to head in seasons to come, easily the two most talented young QBs in the NFL right now.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2103: Feb 02, 2020 09:44:26 pm
      Think i'm going with the 49ers,not that arsed but the tomahawk chop is annoying and Mahomes instgramgirl was making up sh*t about the pats when they played in Foxboro.49ers need to get to Mahomes early take a shot at his knee.going 34-31.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #2104: Feb 03, 2020 01:22:48 am
      That PI call was bullshit. Kittle barely touched him.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2105: Feb 03, 2020 02:09:23 pm
      What a 4th quarter from Mahomes, came in clutch!

A much better Superbowl than last years, for the neutral.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2106: Feb 03, 2020 03:04:09 pm
      That PI call was bullshit. Kittle barely touched him.

It's literally the definition of Offensive PI. And if Shanahan thought it was bogus he could have challenged it could he not?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2107: Feb 03, 2020 03:09:50 pm
      It was a decent game,anyone watch the half time show,i skipped it.And the shitshow at the end with thousands of press trying to get photos,interviews and the confetti made it unwatchable.Happy for the people of the  great state of Kansas, :tosser: in chief.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2108: Feb 03, 2020 03:12:50 pm
      It was a decent game,anyone watch the half time show,i skipped it.And the shitshow at the end with thousands of press trying to get photos,interviews and the confetti made it unwatchable.Happy for the people of the  great state of Kansas, :tosser: in chief.

A chance to see Shakira and J-Lo have an assoff, I most definitely did watch it haha.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #2109: Feb 05, 2020 04:47:54 am

Well they can’t play against each other in a Superbowl because they both play in the same conference.

I do think there will be many battles through the years between them though.

I was really nervous for the game.  But then I thought “It’s Superbowl LIV, that’s a sign.

I was more nervous for my son.  15 year old.  Big time Chiefs fan and Liverpool fan.

We switched hats at the end of the third quarter at his suggestion.  It worked!!!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2110: Mar 17, 2020 01:46:13 pm
      Big breaking news certainly in these parts,Tom Brady confirmed hes's leaving.I'm o.k with it,time for The Pats to get on the mobile runner/thrower q,b bandwagon. F**k me the local tv staions are breaking into regular schedule to cover this!
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2020 02:27:43 pm by Boston not la »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2111: Mar 18, 2020 02:06:32 pm
      Like alot of massachusetts old people he's off to florida.Tampa bay bucs.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2112: Apr 15, 2020 08:25:16 pm
      Anyone watched any of the all or nothing series?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2113: Apr 16, 2020 12:39:48 am

I’ve watched some of it. I’ve been a cowboys fan since I was a little kid so that one was of interest to me. 
      Kopite78
      Reply #2114: Apr 16, 2020 08:49:07 am
      I’ve watched some of it. I’ve been a cowboys fan since I was a little kid so that one was of interest to me.

I'm missing sport that much I've been watching these as something to get interested in..
      Watched the one on the Cards (warmed to them as a group) and the one on the Rams (didn't warm to them as a group at all really)
      Just started the one on the Cowboys.. jesus the owner has thrown some money at them in terms of infrastructure

As a sport it seems much less stable for the players - could be reading it wrong - but they never seem to know where they are going to be one season to the next and unattached players just picked up for a few games and dropped again.
      Is there always a big turnover in players each year?
      Can you give me an idiots guide to the draft? How many new players are picked up in the draft each year? Is it for new players coming out of college only?
      Players that are at teams how do they move? Is there no transfers like in our football? For money I mean? Are they just released or traded with other players?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2115: Apr 16, 2020 08:58:30 am

Watched all them over the last year or so when I've had Prime.

I like them but an even better watch is Last Chance U on Netflix mate.

Follows the young players at Junior College level and what is usually their 'last chance'.

Quick Reply