Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NFL & College Football

Read 242833 times
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: NFL & College Football 09/10
      Reply #46: Dec 04, 2009 01:24:49 pm
      Haha :D  :D  :D
      Whens it on?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #47: Dec 05, 2009 07:37:05 pm

Quality video innit? :D Just made by a couple of the students at the University, become an absolute anthem here!

Game will be New Years day. Can't wait! Ducks first Rose Bowl appearance for 14 years so everyone is well up for it.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #48: Dec 25, 2009 01:50:38 pm
      New Orleans who???

DALLAS 24, NEW ORLEANS 17   ;D

How bout dem Cowboys....
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #49: Dec 25, 2009 07:12:29 pm
      New Orleans who???

DALLAS 24, NEW ORLEANS 17   ;D

How bout dem Cowboys....
      Oh, come on now. We all know that Romo will eventually CHOKE in the playoffs and as usual go home early. The only games hell be watching in January will be on his couch at home.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #50: Dec 25, 2009 09:24:34 pm
      Oh, come on now. We all know that Romo will eventually CHOKE in the playoffs and as usual go home early. The only games hell be watching in January will be on his couch at home.

This.

Romo has the some great days, mixed in with a lot of average. The Dallas defense is what got that win, that defense on the Saints final drive was inspired.

YANK, you gotta be happy with those two punt returns the Browns had the other day!! Bloody hell, a hundred yards THEN 103?!? Was brilliant stuff!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #51: Dec 26, 2009 12:51:54 am
      Cowboy defense has been solid this year , thats what wins in the NFL . D.Ware is awesome .Romo is protecting the ball much better than earlier this year. Good Defense, Good running attack, and if the QB doesn't throw picks, we gotta shot.
      Unfortunatley our coach is Wade Phillips , so it wouldn't surprise me if we dont even get in.

Washington always plays us tough, no easy week here.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #52: Dec 30, 2009 05:55:36 pm
      Final week, Come ON Jets...

GOOOOOOOOOOOO Jets.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #53: Dec 30, 2009 07:17:58 pm
      This.

Romo has the some great days, mixed in with a lot of average. The Dallas defense is what got that win, that defense on the Saints final drive was inspired.

YANK, you gotta be happy with those two punt returns the Browns had the other day!! Bloody hell, a hundred yards THEN 103?!? Was brilliant stuff!
      That Browns game was one of the best I ever watched. Everyone always talked about Devin Hester and I always said Cribbs was better and he is. He is unreal. He almost had a 3rd runback but the punter for KC made a miracle shoestring tackle and tripped him up.  Plus with Cribbs they can use the Wildcat, which seems to be gaining ground in the NFL.  The Browns use it a lot, but I've seen other teams use it. Problem with the Wildcat. you MUST have someone like Cribbs who can make it work.

On top of Cribbs, Harrison rushed for 286 yds.  Harrison always played good. But, he always had to back up Jamal Lewis. Now since Lewis is out for the season and all but retired. Harrison is starting and getting a good running game going. He also rushed for 148 yds against Oakland, and when he started and played the entire game against Cincinnati in week 4 he rushed for 130 yds on 20 + carries.  So in his 3 full games he rushed for 550 + yds. I think he is capable of being a 2000 yd rusher if he can start all 16 games and stay healthy. He has a great build and breakout speed. 

The Browns have some talent on offense. Their problem is Defense.  They are last against the rush and pass.  It seems like they got some offense going and Quinn seems to be a good leader and QB.  I want to see some more of Quinn. He needs more playing time. If he can get the reps and start every game, he can become a good QB.  I hope in the offseason they get some help on Defense.  Maybe trade some draft picks and sign some veterans. We need a good safety and some defensive backs.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #54: Dec 31, 2009 01:07:04 pm
      Final week, Come ON Jets...

GOOOOOOOOOOOO Jets.

I'm goin Sunday, gonna be a fun night.
      J-E-T-S  Jets Jets Jets
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #55: Dec 31, 2009 10:39:59 pm
      J-E-T-S  Jets Jets Jets
      Jets win they make Wild Card..However, I dont see them going far.  They have the Defense.  I dont like the Offense. For them to be a SERIOUS contender they need to have Sanchez work out another full season at least.

He came out of College too soon. Thats not to say he wont succeed. But the weakest point of the Jets Offense is QB right now. Sanchez is too streaky, he can either have a great game or under pressure have a terrible game. A playoff start in a rookie season, especially a rookie who may have come out too early, leaves a lot of questions.

But then again, as a Browns fan, I would love to just make the playoffs.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #56: Jan 01, 2010 11:16:25 am
      Rose Bowl today!!! Oregon ducks let's do it!! I'm still drunk
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #57: Jan 01, 2010 11:39:05 am
      J-E-T-S  Jets Jets Jets

Get some 'photos, love to see them.

Yep heard the "J-E-T-S    Jets Jets Jets"     on a sound bite. Tickets are harder to get then at Liverpool? Sold out for years according to OWS!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #58: Jan 01, 2010 11:42:20 am
      Go the Pats!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #59: Jan 02, 2010 01:29:33 am
      O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OHI-OOOOO
      GO BUCKEYES....

Sorry about your Ducks bigvYNWA.   It was a good game. I cant believe Ohio State won. Oregon just couldn't get anything going. But, Oregon are returning a lot of guys next year. So, they will certainly be in it next year.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #60: Jan 02, 2010 01:42:41 am
      >:( Yeah, we were horrible today. That was the team that went out against Boise State in game 1, not the one we had seen most of the season.

But like ya said, something to build on. For a first year coach in Chip Kelly to do what he's done after the debacle that was Boise State, it was a great year.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #61: Jan 04, 2010 09:20:46 am
      Play offs!! Get in Jets!

Now got to get past Cincinnati Bengals 6-2 at home where we are 5-3 away, dare I dream!!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #62: Jan 04, 2010 03:18:31 pm
      I dont see the Jets goin too far either, but they could beat Cincy.
      Was at the Jets game last night, froze my ass off.
      20 degrees with 30 mph winds , ouch. Tailgated for 5 hrs brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Anyway , rookie QB, rookie head coach, makin the playoffs IS a sucessful season considering.

Now for the NFC , Dallas is gonna be a tough out, PHI v DAL is the best game this weekend

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #63: Jan 04, 2010 08:03:11 pm
      Hope the Pats defense gets a kick up the arse for the playoffs.

Don't reckon we will go to far regardless, the defense won't improve as much as it needs, and we have lost Wes Welker for the rest of the season. He has been one of our best this year, and is always reliable. Huge blow.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #64: Jan 04, 2010 11:43:40 pm
      Where the hell did Philly and the Giants go?  Good Lord they just might as well of stayed at home and forfeited the game.  McNabb was like 20-33 and 230 yds. So they didn't rest him for the playoffs.

Too bad for the Pats. Losing Welker on the last game. That is a major blow to that Offense.

Plus 3 out of the 4 playoff games are repeats from this weekend.  I think the AFC will come down to the Chargers/Colts. 

NFC who knows. Any one of those NFC teams can win. I would like to think the Saints will go to the Superbowl, but the NFC is so hit or miss right now, any one of those teams can be in the Superbowl. I think Favre and the Vikings will lose.  Favre will do what he usually does and throw 4-5 Interceptions. lose the game, blame the coach then retire again.  Cowboys, 3 weeks ago I thought they would just choke and lose. But their playing good, so I dont know.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #65: Jan 05, 2010 12:57:19 am
      It has been thrown up in the air a bit. The Colts and Saints losing a couple in the run in has probably made every other team look up and think these guys CAN be beaten, and will give them that extra bit of fire.

Is to bad for my Pats though. Was a little bit of a long shot to get to the Superbowl anyways, with our hit-and-miss play at times, but any chance largely lingered on having our offensive weapons on hand, and Welker was the big one for me. Moss gets a lot of the headlines, but Welker is the one for me that often changes the games. So often because Moss takes most of the oppositions heavy coverage.

Im thinking Chargers will get through. Gotten good at the right time, that stuttering start seems a long time ago now. Chargers/Colts v Saints/Cowboys for the Superbowl i think, and if i have to guess, i will say Chargers v Saints. I hope, i don't wanna see the Colts there :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #66: Jan 05, 2010 09:07:57 am
      The Colts seem to have it easy since the change from 6 to 8 divisions. I remember the AFL East was a hard Division to win, but since the Colts went to the AFL South, they have been a Major team.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #67: Jan 05, 2010 01:41:29 pm
      Yeah Pup, i agree about the Colts. Of course they have Peyton Manning, but Houston , Jaxonville and Tenn = easy division.
      2 expansion teams.
      NFC West has been weak for a long time also

Prediction Game:

NYJ - Cincy = Jets 20-17
      Phila- Dallas = Dallas 24-14
      Balt - NE  =  Balt 23-20
      GB - Ariz = G.B. 27- 21

but i dont know anything ;)
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #68: Jan 05, 2010 05:41:51 pm
      Bills sacked all of their coaching staff :P fair funny to be fair :)

Quick Reply