Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Daniel Alves (Sevilla)

Read 18622 times
      thekopster
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -5 
      Re: Daniel Alves
      Reply #46: Jul 03, 2007 04:31:23 pm
      he is really skillfull but he cant pass so if he cant pass he wont be able to cross or shoot 
      woulndnt mind him for around 9mil but not 12mil
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Jul 07, 2007 06:59:42 am
      I have always said that he is a lost right sided player. Not defensive enough for RB and doesnt have a great cross or passing for a RM. When we had the chance, they should have forked out another 2 million for him but now he is way too overpriced as  Sevilla want 20 million for him to even consider a transfer, way to much for a player like Alves. I watched him in the UEFA cup and that ony strengthen what i said. He was caught out a number of times but luckily wasnt punished. Would have much liked to get Navas instead of him as i always watch him and have been impressed by his skill and crosses.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #48: Jul 07, 2007 01:00:09 pm
      I have always said that he is a lost right sided player. Not defensive enough for RB and doesnt have a great cross or passing for a RM. When we had the chance, they should have forked out another 2 million for him but now he is way too overpriced as  Sevilla want 20 million for him to even consider a transfer, way to much for a player like Alves. I watched him in the UEFA cup and that ony strengthen what I said. He was caught out a number of times but luckily wasnt punished. Would have much liked to get Navas instead of him as I always watch him and have been impressed by his skill and crosses.

Similar to Ashley Cole then, only a right sided player instead of left? He has no defensive qualities whatsoever!

The asking price is just too much, and the only reason it's gone up to that amount is because Chelsea have entered the fray!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #49: Jul 08, 2007 06:26:39 am
      Precisely County. He can beat players though quite well. Chelsea were in for him when Liverpool were, once they did their job of increasing the offer the backed off.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #50: Jul 08, 2007 11:10:17 am
      I have always said that he is a lost right sided player. Not defensive enough for RB and doesnt have a great cross or passing for a RM. When we had the chance, they should have forked out another 2 million for him but now he is way too overpriced as  Sevilla want 20 million for him to even consider a transfer, way to much for a player like Alves. I watched him in the UEFA cup and that ony strengthen what I said. He was caught out a number of times but luckily wasnt punished. Would have much liked to get Navas instead of him as I always watch him and have been impressed by his skill and crosses.

I'd agree with that assessment of his skills, but I woudn't say he's a 'lost' right sided player, for me he has all the attributes to play wingback. However, £20m for a wingback is just ridiculous.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #51: Jul 08, 2007 12:35:36 pm
      I'd agree with that assessment of his skills, but I woudn't say he's a 'lost' right sided player, for me he has all the attributes to play wingback. However, £20m for a wingback is just ridiculous.

Yep, Torres cost £20m, no way should a wing back cost that amount!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #52: Jul 09, 2007 04:53:35 am
      Now a days, doesnt matter where you play every player has his cost. We are seeing deals for millions in the lower leagues and in less rich clubs overseas. More money is being made and clubs are taking advantage of it.
      I think a fair assessment of Alves would be 8-10 million. No way near the 20 mark.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #53: Jul 10, 2007 01:49:39 am
      When alves is serious about a move then this price will drop!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: Daniel Alves (Seville)
      Reply #54: Jul 13, 2007 01:14:24 pm

Thanks for that in depth analysis of a possible signing, do you think you could elaborate and explain how you come to the conclusion that "he is S**t"
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2007 01:16:57 pm by Glenbuck »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #55: Jul 14, 2007 08:24:00 am

And just when I thought the quality of posting was getting better....
      livercool
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -5 
      Reply #56: Jul 14, 2007 11:08:53 am
      hes what ? u deaf and blind?
      Thanks for that in depth analysis of a possible signing, do you think you could elaborate and explain how you come to the conclusion that "he is S**t"
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #57: Jul 14, 2007 01:40:37 pm

If you read my post properly you spoon you would realise i was questioning the fact that greaves.joel had called Alves s**t !! And i was not making the statement myself. So instead of just posting "hes what ? u deaf and blind" how about giving us your opinion on why you rate him otherwise your post is no better than greaves.joel's
      By the way since when did being deaf stop you watching football? ???
      LFC Gary
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #58: Jul 15, 2007 11:35:27 am

It stops you listening to people on TV & passing their opinion off as your own though :D :D :D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #59: Jul 15, 2007 11:53:59 am
      It stops you listening to people on TV & passing their opinion off as your own though :D :D :D

People don't do that do they?

:D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #60: Jul 15, 2007 10:43:00 pm
      I heard today that Alves is on his way to Chelski. I think another one who's interest in hard cash over rides his footballing ambitions. Shallow people we are better off without.
      whiz8ster
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #61: Jul 16, 2007 04:08:09 am
      I dont think that Alves would be sold to Chelski. The price Chelski offer was below what seville wanted.
      jacob
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #62: Jul 17, 2007 07:52:34 am
      i think we should buy him for sure he scored in the final of the copa amarica against argi but i think he cost 2 much for rafa
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #63: Jul 17, 2007 10:03:36 am
      please can we stop discussing dani alves...please lock this topic up and the tevez one while your at it. Both are not coming to anfield so lets not give opposition players any more yearning glances....bit nauseating.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #64: Jul 17, 2007 01:10:30 pm
      let chelski have him he is a diver, like the rest of thier squad !!!! and well over priced
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #65: Jul 17, 2007 02:09:27 pm
      please can we stop discussing dani alves...please lock this topic up and the tevez one while your at it. Both are not coming to anfield so lets not give opposition players any more yearning glances....bit nauseating.

The fat lady hasn't sung!  I mean with the Tevez situation, yes it looks to be a full gone conclusion.  But with Alves, I don't really know.  It depends on how serious rafa is about the whole thing.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #66: Jul 17, 2007 02:18:31 pm
      The fat lady hasn't sung!  I mean with the Tevez situation, yes it looks to be a full gone conclusion.  But with Alves, I don't really know.  It depends on how serious rafa is about the whole thing.

True.

In accordance with the rules both topics should stay open until any transfer is actually confirmed.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #67: Jul 17, 2007 02:29:16 pm
      Daniel alves costs 30 millions of €
      livercool
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -5 
      Reply #68: Jul 17, 2007 03:24:29 pm
      i ment def and blind to whoever said hes sh*t , but anyway if u saw the copa america final then u would know why i rate alves. to come off the bench and make an impact as he did against arg. scored one and asist the own goal !and in the uefa cup final was my star man . they said there hes like 3 players in one, he can score , cross and defend. top 3 full backs around....
      If you read my post properly you spoon you would realise I was questioning the fact that greaves.joel had called Alves s**t !! And I was not making the statement myself. So instead of just posting "hes what ? u deaf and blind" how about giving us your opinion on why you rate him otherwise your post is no better than greaves.joel's

Quick Reply