Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

9/11

Read 9126 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: 9/11
      Reply #100: Sep 11, 2010 10:51:39 pm
      I would love to go visit the site where it all happened.

It is not a nice place to be.

and it is not 'would of gone' it is 'would have gone'
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,785 posts | 975 
      Reply #101: Sep 11, 2010 10:53:29 pm
      It is not a nice place to be.

and it is not 'would of gone' it is 'would have gone'

Okay, okay grammar nazi :roll:

And i believe he probably wants to go for the same reasons as me - pay respects.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,487 posts | 2597 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #102: Sep 11, 2010 11:00:11 pm
      Once you pay your respect, leave the thread. This page has been dismal.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #103: Sep 11, 2010 11:03:30 pm
      Nevermind, post I responded to has been deleted.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #104: Sep 11, 2010 11:08:55 pm
      I don't want to go there and be one of those people who can say yes i've been there.

I feel this day changed our lives for ever.

It affected everyone without a doubt, watch this:

9/11 - The World Reacts
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #105: Sep 11, 2010 11:33:42 pm
      Rest in peace all the victims of 9/11, my thoughts are with all he families that lost their loved ones.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,892 posts | 552 
      Reply #106: Sep 12, 2010 01:45:26 am
      RIP to all the victims of 9/11. Thoughts are with you and your families.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,534 posts | 212 
      Reply #107: Sep 12, 2010 03:31:29 am
      9/11/01

Certainly a day that will be engraved in my mind till the day I drop. It's really hard to put into words. Such horrific tragedy yet so many heroes. Watching those people jump out of the windows just ripped a hole right through my heart. Then watching those buildings fall I just couldn't believe my eyes , I couldn't stop crying. I kept thinking I was watching a bad movie, but it was real.  The heroes that day were the FDNY. I mean these guys were running UP the stairs when people were running down.  Trying to save lives at the expense of their own. That's the definition of hero. 

Everytime I look at the NY skyline , basically everyday,  I look where the WTC used to be , kinda picturing where the towers once stood. Like they're still there. For a lifetime New Yorker , it's still so weird not seeing them there. A constant reminder.

Many thanks for all the prayers recieved from around the world, they all help.

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET

I can echo a lot of what Keith said here.

I wasn't here at the time. I was in Arizona with the Army. I was part of a change of command ceremony at my base  in Arizona and we were getting info from texts that guys were receiving. At first it was stories about a Cessna hitting a tower, but when the second one happened we knew it was all fu**ed. After the ceremony we were bussed back to the barracks and we were SMOKED on the way in. It was clear that nothing was right and when we were all assembled in the common room we saw the first tower go down. Totally f**king surreal like the best graphics I'd ever seen in a movie. My vision went white and my ears were ringng. This was my home! I knew these buildings well. I wandered down the hall and nearly broke my hand in the laundry room. I tried to get in touch with my wife who was back in NYC not even two weeks and was supposed to be going to an interview in the city which would take her by the towers. I was sick with worry and more so because I couldn't reach her.

I remember when I drove home a month and a half later and I was coming over a hill in New Jersey (on I 280) and it was my first clear view of manhattan. It was 2am or so and I was bawling at the wheel of that truck.

The WTC was the compass. It's still an empty skyline. I'm still lost without it. I'm not a big flag-waver and I'm not  Joe Kill'em All, but even for us older NYers the skyline will never be right until the day we die - Freedom Tower or not.

There's still so much injustice surrounding this event, whether it be this asshole terry Jones, the proposed mosque (which I support), the criminal war that followed the justifiable war or insurance/health rights for first responders. An event as great as this will necessarily be rife with controversy. Mankind's evil knows no bounds but thankfully we're also capable of great empathy. thank you to all our brothers and sisters overseas. Unfortunately these wounds are still fresh, though I'm close to the wound so I don't know how it is for those outside the attack areas.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,785 posts | 975 
      Reply #108: Sep 12, 2010 03:37:58 am
      I can echo a lot of what Keith said here.

I wasn't here at the time. I was in Arizona with the Army. I was part of a change of command ceremony at my base  in Arizona and we were getting info from texts that guys were receiving. At first it was stories about a Cessna hitting a tower, but when the second one happened we knew it was all fu**ed. After the ceremony we were bussed back to the barracks and we were SMOKED on the way in. It was clear that nothing was right and when we were all assembled in the common room we saw the first tower go down. Totally f**king surreal like the best graphics I'd ever seen in a movie. My vision went white and my ears were ringng. This was my home! I knew these buildings well. I wandered down the hall and nearly broke my hand in the laundry room. I tried to get in touch with my wife who was back in NYC not even two weeks and was supposed to be going to an interview in the city which would take her by the towers. I was sick with worry and more so because I couldn't reach her.

I remember when I drove home a month and a half later and I was coming over a hill in New Jersey (on I 280) and it was my first clear view of manhattan. It was 2am or so and I was bawling at the wheel of that truck.

The WTC was the compass. It's still an empty skyline. I'm still lost without it. I'm not a big flag-waver and I'm not  Joe Kill'em All, but even for us older NYers the skyline will never be right until the day we die - Freedom Tower or not.

There's still so much injustice surrounding this event, whether it be this asshole terry Jones, the proposed mosque (which I support), the criminal war that followed the justifiable war or insurance/health rights for first responders. An event as great as this will necessarily be rife with controversy. Mankind's evil knows no bounds but thankfully we're also capable of great empathy. thank you to all our brothers and sisters overseas. Unfortunately these wounds are still fresh, though I'm close to the wound so I don't know how it is for those outside the attack areas.

Great post mat, felt a tear just reading that.

I can't imagine at all wht it would be like having a family member there, as much as you say you know what it feels like to worry, nothing could compare to it actually happening.

Again, deepest suympathys. Its still something that makes me sick, that this happened.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,534 posts | 212 
      Reply #109: Sep 12, 2010 03:54:38 am
      Worst feeling ever.

I forgot to expand on what Keith said about the people jumping out of the towers.  After a few months they started airing footage in primetime format of different peoples' video footage. No doubt you've all seen it, but the image of people jumping out of buildings and a different vid that followed the FDNY's priest makes me so sick. The camera crew was inside the lobby and you vcan hear the aTHUD as people are slamming into the overhang outside. I shudder at the thought. I used to go in and out of that lobby when I was a messenger. I acn't even hear a plane's engine without thinking of that day. It's all still weird.

I work with guys who wer there. They talk about body parts on the streets and on roofs. One guy had the front wheels of one of the planes land at his feet up 6th Avenue around Duane Street! He's still a mess.

This is definitely the most I've EVER said about the tragedy. I don't talk about it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,785 posts | 975 
      Reply #110: Sep 12, 2010 03:59:23 am
      F**k mate i cried when i saw the footage of that and im choked u ahain now. It's horrible, absolute;y horrible.

niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #111: Sep 12, 2010 07:59:06 am
      I was only 8 ( I was living in US at this time ) when this happened but the memory of it is still so clear . Shocking stuff , truly horrible . YNWA to all those who died . RIP .
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #112: Feb 29, 2020 01:19:48 pm
      USA has signed a peace deal with the Taliban, effectively ending the War on Terror which started after 9/11.

US & NATO troops to fully withdraw within 14 months.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 718 
      Reply #113: Mar 02, 2020 05:25:04 pm
      USA has signed a peace deal with the Taliban, effectively ending the War on Terror which started after 9/11.

US & NATO troops to fully withdraw within 14 months.

Would say wrong thread, no?

Quick Reply